• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I strongly believe that character 5 is a Namco character and it will be between a Tales rep or KOS-MOS and while I would be great with either, I prefer having KOS-MOS.

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
I strongly believe that character 5 is a Namco character and it will be between a Tales rep or KOS-MOS and while I would be great with either, I prefer having KOS-MOS.
you have to remember is all up to Sakurai and Namco, sadly i'm not being negative here but people all over youtube,forums and pretty much reddit are voting for Lloyd Irving, they keep ignoring Kos-Mos as she never existed they don't even know what Xenosaga is, if we want her we might have to consider Monolith's decision.

Also Namco and Monolift are so far appart and becaue of this Lloyd sadly has a edge :( and yes i even myself i'm pissed of me even writing this to you guys but i really don't know if Kos-Mos has a chance againts Lloyd Irving, as i keep saying she needs more content creators to do Videos about her and for Namco to acknowledge she is most important to fans alike only then Namco can recommend her to Sakurai and Sakurai himself makes the decision :(

I also forgot as well the same gose for Irving when it comes to Sora,Doomslayer and even freaking Minecraft steve people really are making tons of videos about this characters as well including SHANTAE. It is madness

Last edited:

Suiren_Kirin

Smash Cadet
you have to remember is all up to Sakurai and Namco, sadly i'm not being negative here but people all over youtube,forums and pretty much reddit are voting for Lloyd Irving, they keep ignoring Kos-Mos as she never existed they don't even know what Xenosaga is, if we want her we might have to consider Monolith's decision.
Some youtubers put LLoyd in their videos by pure clickbait, but as I said before, it is not so bad that KOSMOS is so ignored, since this way when it comes out it will have a quite large surprise effect as it happens with the piranha plant

Super Bario

Smash Cadet
Also Namco and Monolift are so far appart and becaue of this Lloyd sadly has a edge :(
I’m not too sure about that. They seem to be on good enough terms to get KOS-MOS and T-elos in Xenoblade 2, which is more then can be said for Square Enix and Xenogears. Plus I keep hearing people talk about how KOS-MOS is Namco’s crossover queen, so they could potentially push for her just as much as Lloyd.

Sakurai also said that it’s important that a character is fun even if they aren’t that well known, so I wouldn’t count KOS-MOS out just yet.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Although I have no real hopes here, I do appreciate the enthusiasm in the thread. It almost makes me wish we'd get more fake leaks of Kosy just to give people an excuse to talk about her like Sakurai fooled "good little boys and girls" to look up Mai, hahaha.

Troykv

Smash Master
I wonder if someone would try to design how KOS-MOS could likely look if she was in Smash considering the whole "sexy" stuff.

Although I have no real hopes here, I do appreciate the enthusiasm in the thread. It almost makes me wish we'd get more fake leaks of Kosy just to give people an excuse to talk about her like Sakurai fooled "good little boys and girls" to look up Mai, hahaha.
Fake leaks are always fun, at least to get some free attention xD

Natlo

Smash Cadet
I wonder if someone would try to design how KOS-MOS could likely look if she was in Smash considering the whole "sexy" stuff.
There are four primary versions of KOS-MOS* and she's identifiable as KOS-MOS in all of them. Two are more tame than zero suit Samus' orange outfit. They can make her less Victoria's Secret and still be Vector's secret weapon.

Course, the two most identifiable are pretty... yeah, but again, not much worse than having Bayonetta in the game.

*Counting Re as a derivative of V1.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I just don’t get the argument that KOS-MOS wouldn’t get past CERO ppl are throwing around.

Saying KOS-MOS can’t get in cause Mai was too sexy like really? I fail to even see the argument here. Refrain’s design is obviously not designed with sex appeal in mind and the designer even said she was made to look “cuter” Overall, to me it really seems very tame for smash and it’s obviously inspired by KOS-MOS version 1. If Sakurai were to put a black void to avoid upskirt problems then she passes Cero with no problem at all. Moreover, I’m not even sure how it would not pass the Cero test. She has no boob window exposed, she looks much less sexy and her appeal seems to be the new “gravity shell” pink energy. Yes, basically she’s just KOS-MOS but cuter. I see no issue.

In comparison here is all her versions before XB2

People seem to be using Sakurai’s exclusion of Mai for any character under the sun now and it’s a bit irritating.

Another irritating thing now is also Sabi squad saying the VGA will be exciting. It’s totally not like everyone was saying that anyway right? I don’t think she has any info at this point or she’d know about the mii costume leak before it happened if it was real. I don’t think Sabi is reliable at all tbh.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I just don’t get the argument that KOS-MOS wouldn’t get past CERO ppl are throwing around.

Saying KOS-MOS can’t get in cause Mai was too sexy like really? I fail to even see the argument here. Refrain’s design is obviously not designed with sex appeal in mind and the designer even said she was made to look “cuter” Overall, to me it really seems very tame for smash and it’s obviously inspired by KOS-MOS version 1. If Sakurai were to put a black void to avoid upskirt problems then she passes Cero with no problem at all. Moreover, I’m not even sure how it would not pass the Cero test. She has no boob window exposed, she looks much less sexy and her appeal seems to be the new “gravity shell” pink energy. Yes, basically she’s just KOS-MOS but cuter. I see no issue.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't think her old outfits are a terribly big issue, even with CERO involved. Yes, some of the design choices accentuate certain features, but they're minor and can be addressed. I say this because Ver.4 is my favorite just for being this weird balance of frilly and sci-fi. Her XB2 look is fresh, sleek, and eye-catching, but you can sure as hell have both. As for the whole Mai thing, just ignore it. Haters have been going for low-hanging fruit like, "Sakurai would never add anime waifus in Smash" since speculation. The less-blunt naysayers are just ignorant, is all.

Another irritating thing now is also Sabi squad saying the VGA will be exciting. It’s totally not like everyone was saying that anyway right? I don’t think she has any info at this point or she’d know about the mii costume leak before it happened if it was real. I don’t think Sabi is reliable at all tbh.
Sabi is just cryptic, that's all. Whether or not she's reliable is subjective, and I don't think she does anything out of any genuine malice or attention-seeking. If anything, when she has solid info on something, she will confirm it as such. And I get it, Sabi ain't a saint, but she isn't the devil either. I have no beef with her.

EDIT: It's probably worth noting that Sabi is just a messenger at the end of the day, and speculates as much as we do. Anytime she teases info that might not even be true, it's just her reflecting on news just like the fandom does. She's as much a fan of Smash as we are and simply likes to engage with speculation. No harm, no foul, but that's just my interpretation of it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sabi is just cryptic, that's all. Whether or not she's reliable is subjective, and I don't think she does anything out of any genuine malice or attention-seeking. If anything, when she has solid info on something, she will confirm it as such. And I get it, Sabi ain't a saint, but she isn't the devil either. I have no beef with her.
Ever since the SNK leak did she start acting fishy.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Ever since the SNK leak did she start acting fishy.
We don't exactly know why, but if it means anything, she only liked one post in one of her latest tweets, namely one that mentioned Doomguy and Geno while ignoring everyone else's. Either this means that:
A. She knows something we don't
or
B. She's likely thinking that's the most probably outcome – at least until she gets news – and is simply responding speculatively rather than confirming

D

Deleted member

Also can someone put me on the support list? I don't like her old Xenosaga artwork, but modern drawings and fanart make her look great. Something just clicks.

9olp6h0904221.jpg
12.png

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Also can someone put me on the support list? I don't like her old Xenosaga artwork, but modern drawings and fanart make her look great. Something just clicks.

View attachment 245920View attachment 245921
I added you already xD

Gamexplain is talking about KOSMOS in this recent video

Minute 9:38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiBQ_udOO24&t=604s
Yeah, I saw people mention this to me. Very nice to see! She's getting around!

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Sometimes youtube comments make me cringe.

I literally saw one on a video say Sakurai's quote there only applies to SNK characters and not video game characters as a whole.

But uh... nice to see KOS-MOS getting around like that, hopefully even more people will be talking about her in a positive and wanting light.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Add me to the supporters list, please.

I'm not familiar with Xenosaga but KOS-MOS is easily one of my favorite Blades from XC2, and I think she has a great shot at being Namco's second rep since she's basically their crossover queen.

D

Deleted member

Add me to the supporters list, please.

I'm not familiar with Xenosaga but KOS-MOS is easily one of my favorite Blades from XC2, and I think she has a great shot at being Namco's second rep since she's basically their crossover queen.
KOS-MOS is to Bamco what Morrigan is to Capcom. Either way, if she got in, the Xenoblade is gonna go nuts over why a Blade made it first before the actual Driver XD.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
KOS-MOS is to Bamco what Morrigan is to Capcom. Either way, if she got in, the Xenoblade is gonna go nuts over why a Blade made it first before the actual Driver XD.
Yeah, but I think that most of the Xenoblade fan base are already aware that she didn't originate in that series.

Last edited:

Baalikindred

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, I was wondering why people have been thinking Lloyd was so likely for smash bros, and I found out it's partially because of 2 trademarks for his series being filed on or around 08/10/2019 (https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#basic/1+1+1+1/100+100+100+100/tales of series). Under that logic, Xenosaga episode 3's subtitle ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA was trademarked last year, being filed on 2018-04-10, and it's registration date being
2018-09-25 (https://trademarks.justia.com/878/70/also-sprach-87870944.html). The reason why this is interesting is because one of Sakurai's tweets stated that the dlc list was determined before the release of smash itself, as mentioned in this article: (https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...lineup-complete-decided-entirely-by-nintendo/) I'm not sure of the actual date of the tweet itself, but the article was published on 11/6/18, meaning the tweet was probably sometime around then. (article says it was that day.) Naturally, this doesn't really mean anything, but if we follow the logic of "trademarking may mean that the character is in smash," then it's far more likely that the Xenosaga trademark indicates Kos-mos as fighter 5, as a trademark for her series was registered far closer to when the dlc list was likely finalized than the Tales of series trademark. It should be noted that the trademark for Xenosaga was only for the USA, but I'm not certain what that would mean, if anything. Now, all of this is simply speculation, and could actually mean absolutely nothing for both series, but it's certainly food for thought at least, and it was very fun digging this stuff up. Kos-mos is one of my most wanted at this point, if only because I think it would be next to impossible to get a Xenogears rep. We may all be getting our hopes up needlessly, but it's cool to see one of my favorite game series has so many people talking about it, even on just one board. I should mention I'm bringing this up because i haven't seen anyone else talk about it.

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Y'know, I don't really like invalidating other people's characters but uh... I do gotta point this out since we're four characters into the pass:

I kinda realized no Mii Costume from Smash 4 has been promoted to fighter via DLC. Another reason why I think we're going to get KOS-MOS or someone that isn't Lloyd or Heihachi. That said this could change, it's just something I noticed like how all characters have been third party.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Y'know, I don't really like invalidating other people's characters but uh... I do gotta point this out since we're four characters into the pass:

I kinda realized no Mii Costume from Smash 4 has been promoted to fighter via DLC. Another reason why I think we're going to get KOS-MOS or someone that isn't Lloyd or Heihachi. That said this could change, it's just something I noticed like how all characters have been third party.
"via DLC" is the key word. King K. Rool, Chrom, and Isabelle got promoted from costumes (as well as FS element for Chrom and AT for Isabelle from 4) but they were all in the base game.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
"via DLC" is the key word. King K. Rool, Chrom, and Isabelle got promoted from costumes (as well as FS element for Chrom and AT for Isabelle from 4) but they were all in the base game.
Yup, that's exactly right. I got what Smasher was saying though. So far, none of the DLC we've had so far are of Mii Costumes from Smash 4. I'm still not sure about Namco for FP5, but it's still interesting to note that virtually nothing of Namco has come up at all, at least compared to every other company.

Blackthorne

Smash Cadet
Back for my monthly checking of the thread

I do definitely think that KOS-MOS is much more likely than she was at the beginning of Ultimate's hype cycle leading into DLC. The Mii Costume theory does check out (though to be fair what could they have added besides Geno or the Hunter). Another thing that could potentially lend credence to KOS-MOS is colour theory, as they could either use a mint green to compliment her design (or reference the Aegis Core Crystal from XC2), or a goldish orange like the Zohar.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Back for my monthly checking of the thread

I do definitely think that KOS-MOS is much more likely than she was at the beginning of Ultimate's hype cycle leading into DLC. The Mii Costume theory does check out (though to be fair what could they have added besides Geno or the Hunter). Another thing that could potentially lend credence to KOS-MOS is colour theory, as they could either use a mint green to compliment her design (or reference the Aegis Core Crystal from XC2), or a goldish orange like the Zohar.
Orange is also Bandai Namco’s signature color, like how light blue (Terry) is SNK’s

Droodle

Smash Lord
Unless the next reveal is a complete surprise out of nowhere, I'm thinking FP 5 is either Yuri or KOS-MOS.

As people have mentioned before, none of the characters that were previously costumes have come back as DLC characters yet. I wasn't expecting Lloyd to get in either way, due to the popularity of Yuri. KOS-MOS and Yuri both appear in a ton of crossovers to.

I kind of hope that KOS-MOS is FP#5 while Lloyd/Yuri are post-pass, as I feel that this is KOS-MOS's best shot. I am 99% sure we'll get a Tales rep down the line anyways, due to the complete absence of Tales in Smash.

It COULD be a Dark Souls character or a Soul Calibur character, but I feel like Dark Souls is better represented by bosses rather than characters and they're not going to put in Soul Calibur before Tekken.

Either way I would be happy with either Yuri or KOS-MOS and I'm thinking that they're 90% likely as FP 5.

D

Deleted member

Unless the next reveal is a complete surprise out of nowhere, I'm thinking FP 5 is either Yuri or KOS-MOS.

As people have mentioned before, none of the characters that were previously costumes have come back as DLC characters yet. I wasn't expecting Lloyd to get in either way, due to the popularity of Yuri. KOS-MOS and Yuri both appear in a ton of crossovers to.

I kind of hope that KOS-MOS is FP#5 while Lloyd/Yuri are post-pass, as I feel that this is KOS-MOS's best shot. I am 99% sure we'll get a Tales rep down the line anyways, due to the complete absence of Tales in Smash.

It COULD be a Dark Souls character or a Soul Calibur character, but I feel like Dark Souls is better represented by bosses rather than characters and they're not going to put in Soul Calibur before Tekken.

Either way I would be happy with either Yuri or KOS-MOS and I'm thinking that they're 90% likely as FP 5.
Yuri: We have yet to get a Tales rep since Lloyd costumes is still TBA

KOS-MOS: We have yet to get a female rep.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Hey everyone, I was wondering why people have been thinking Lloyd was so likely for smash bros, and I found out it's partially because of 2 trademarks for his series being filed on or around 08/10/2019 (https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#basic/1+1+1+1/100+100+100+100/tales of series). Under that logic, Xenosaga episode 3's subtitle ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA was trademarked last year, being filed on 2018-04-10, and it's registration date being
2018-09-25 (https://trademarks.justia.com/878/70/also-sprach-87870944.html). The reason why this is interesting is because one of Sakurai's tweets stated that the dlc list was determined before the release of smash itself, as mentioned in this article: (https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...lineup-complete-decided-entirely-by-nintendo/) I'm not sure of the actual date of the tweet itself, but the article was published on 11/6/18, meaning the tweet was probably sometime around then. (article says it was that day.) Naturally, this doesn't really mean anything, but if we follow the logic of "trademarking may mean that the character is in smash," then it's far more likely that the Xenosaga trademark indicates Kos-mos as fighter 5, as a trademark for her series was registered far closer to when the dlc list was likely finalized than the Tales of series trademark. It should be noted that the trademark for Xenosaga was only for the USA, but I'm not certain what that would mean, if anything. Now, all of this is simply speculation, and could actually mean absolutely nothing for both series, but it's certainly food for thought at least, and it was very fun digging this stuff up. Kos-mos is one of my most wanted at this point, if only because I think it would be next to impossible to get a Xenogears rep. We may all be getting our hopes up needlessly, but it's cool to see one of my favorite game series has so many people talking about it, even on just one board. I should mention I'm bringing this up because i haven't seen anyone else talk about it.
honestly, that could mean Lloyd/Yuri is Season 2, which would be relieving in KOS-MOS' case.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I mostly need KOS-MOS in the game so that there's a chance I can get my actual most wanted Bandai Namco character and try to mimic epic sh*t like

So sign me up.

The Lightning Python

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3196-3471-4788
We may be thinking a bit too much into it. But if this is the case, then this would mean KOS-MOS would more likely than a Tales rep.
Xenosaga's trademark was back in 2018 before DLC was revealed, and the Tales of series was trademarked after Terry was announced as Fighter #4.
We don't know how trademark plays a part in DLC, but for now let's wait and see soon.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
So since a second fighter pass is 100% happening at this point I think we have double the chances. Say #5 isn’t KOS-MOS, we have 5 other spaces.

source: https://mobile.twitter.com/japaneseswitch/status/1193711986405707776?s=21

I guess we should pay more attention to the drunk cat leak once again? Since pass #2 is likely 3rd party again cause of these great sales I think Hayabusa and Reimu is possible post pass like that “leak” said. As always though we need more evidence but I’m pretty sure that one has more going for it than anything we have right now. It got the verg saying Hayabusa is post pass thing and also explained new fighter pass kinda before Terry’s reveal by saying Hayabusa and Reimu.

Trust me it could be a piggybacker and I’m super aware but isn’t it funny how it is explaining things?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Throw me in as a supporter. I never got a chance to play her games, but the crossover games she was in were fun and i love her design... if we get a T-ELOS alt though i would litterally die though as i love her

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
So since a second fighter pass is 100% happening at this point I think we have double the chances. Say #5 isn’t KOS-MOS, we have 5 other spaces.

source: https://mobile.twitter.com/japaneseswitch/status/1193711986405707776?s=21

I guess we should pay more attention to the drunk cat leak once again? Since pass #2 is likely 3rd party again cause of these great sales I think Hayabusa and Reimu is possible post pass like that “leak” said. As always though we need more evidence but I’m pretty sure that one has more going for it than anything we have right now. It got the verg saying Hayabusa is post pass thing and also explained new fighter pass kinda before Terry’s reveal by saying Hayabusa and Reimu.

Trust me it could be a piggybacker and I’m super aware but isn’t it funny how it is explaining things?
Hopefully, it's not another Richter situation where his leaker got things right about his inclusion and mentioned characters like Gardevoir with Gothitelle as an echo fighter. Lots of people dismissed it for how off-the-wall the choices were, but he wasn't wrong about Richter's inclusion. It sucks when a leaker is right about something out of sheer luck but wrong about a bunch of other things, and even worse when a leaker is right about another game, and purposefully wrong about Smash stuff just to get a kick out of getting fans hopes up for nothing (looking at you, scummy DMCV leaker).

Throw me in as a supporter. I never got a chance to play her games, but the crossover games she was in were fun and i love her design... if we get a T-ELOS alt though i would litterally die though as i love her
Welcome to the party, zferolie! Glad to have a mutual supporter for the cause!

Last edited:
Top Bottom