• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KoreanDJ Presents: 100% POSITIVE!!! TOURNEY: Teen Center at 9/2/05 in WEST NEWTON, MA

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
TEEN CENTER WILL ALLOW US TO USE THE FACILITIES ON FRIDAY, BUT IT WOULD COST $100. WITH A SLIGHT MODIFICATION OF THE POT PRIZES, WE CAN STILL HOLD IT AT FRIDAY

DATE: 9/2/05 (FRIDAY)
5:30 PM (come at 4 if you want)

Place:
429 Cherry St.
West Newton, MA

Price of admission: $13

Here are the rules:

1v1:
Double Elimination
Bracket style
Every match is best 2 out of 3 and each round is 4.
Final Match is out of 5 stocks, best 3 of 5.
Advanced Slob picks

Levels:
battlefield
final destination
pokemon stadium
dreamland 64
yoshi's story
fountain of dreams

Prize: (may change depending on the location of the tourney)
1st: 60% of the pot
2nd: 30% of pot
3rd: 10% of pot

If anyone can bring a gamecube and TV, that would be GREATLY appreciated.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Sry Jinx, forgot about that. Yeah, updated so double check to see if it's a good time.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
According to Mapquest, Providence, RI, is 54 minutes away from West Newton, MA. Not too far away.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
****, I could actually drive to this. Count me in.

Looking forward to seeing you there, Jinx.

bobfungus

Smash Apprentice
I'll try my best to be there. I can bring a Gamecube, two controllers, and a save.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Hope I can make this one. I guess it depends on how well I've recovered from FC3 lol judging by what GS2 did to me I might be sleeping for 3 days straight and sleep right through the tournament.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
if this was on a better day, such as a saturday, i might be able to go. But i doubt i can get the day off of work. Have fun then all.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
need a ride

since i dont have a job and i can go, is there any chance of getting a ride in from the t station in town or walking directions...thats my only way there and back, but i am definetly going to be there. and it looks like ill be bringing one of our crew's new bloods with me. he's still just learning so hopefully he can get some good experience out of this thing.
also the train leaves from worcester at 2 P.M that day so hopefully its ok to show up a bit early, and leave a bit later as the last train leaves at 12:36. if this is going to be a problem please let me know.

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
Talk to KoreanDJ on AIM about that OWMage, chances are that he'll probably be able to do that. =)

Shalox

Smash Apprentice
My friend and I, Yoshiman45, might be able to make this. We need to find a ride and if I can get a ride count me in and I'll see you all there.

Yikes, according to Mapquest, this place is an hour and 8 minutes from my house. Well who cares....

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
ok then everything is all set. turns out i found a driver. and a job, so jinx if ur goin $5?

BigSmashKing

Smash Cadet
I'm actaully in Riverside. Like 5-10 minute from Warren and Swansea. I can reach the mall in like 15 minutes. If you live near there we should meet up and play each other for a little.

Shalox

Smash Apprentice
sweet....i live in swansea....

me and my friend will meet you at the tournament and we can talk more there...

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
I'd like to just mention one thing that I mentioned before:

If you can bring a cube and/or a TV, it'd be rlllly appreciated. It would make the tourney run faster and have more friendly matches and such.

Yiffer_fox

Smash Rookie
OMG! if we can get there on the T then me and my brother are totally in! :) (we live just north of bsoton) is there any line that goes near this place? (is thinking green but could be grong)

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
unfortunately, there's no T stop nearby West Newton, but there's a T stop on the green line called NEWTON CENTER, take that, and I'll pick you guys up from there and drop you guys back if you want.

eyevore

Smash Rookie
its a little less then an hour away from where i live...cumberland, ri...im finna try and make it up there tho...im dyin to be in a tourny

losvedir

Smash Apprentice
Koreandj111 said:
unfortunately, there's no T stop nearby West Newton, but there's a T stop on the green line called NEWTON CENTER, take that, and I'll pick you guys up from there and drop you guys back if you want.
Oh, if that's the case then me and a friend can go! Can you email me Losvedir @ mit dot edu? We'll set up a plan so that we can go.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
unfortunately i cannot make it to this tournament. i am working from 1pm to 6:30pm.. and tourneys at 5pm. and so im alrdy 1hr30min late and it takes 1 hr to get up there and thats 2 hrs30min late. so sorry guys i cant make it.. :( ill ask my bros if they wanna go but its up to them if they wanna.

Yiffer_fox

Smash Rookie
Koreandj111 said:

That would be awesome if possible :) Got a cell phone number?

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
As of right now i am able to go, and i should be able to make it in time, as my boss will let me leave work a tad early. Good luck all and ill see you there, hopefully(if i don't get lost). Ill try to bring my cube, but no guarantees.

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
Any1 else want a $$ match? Or any1 wanna $$ match vs Bob? =)

Any1 drivin, toss a cube & copy of SSBM in your car, just in case. =)

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
I also would like to offer any $ matches with anyone (shifts a nervous glance at the RI people). Anyone wanna give it a try?

Btw, my temporary cell phone is 617-407-7176. Anyone want to give me a call can call me then. Just don't call me before noon and don't call me at any other day than Friday. This is NOT my cell phone. Any questions or any emergency pick ups, call this number.

losvedir

Smash Apprentice
Sigh... how'd the tournament finally end up?

And good matches, Jinx... I'd never fought anyone that good before!

~Gabe

bobfungus

Smash Apprentice
Well, I had a good time, even though me and my friends were the worst ones there. :) I was really impressed by you guys. I hope to see you guys around.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
i had a load of fun at this tourney and i got to play some really good peepz.

1: jinx
2: unknownforce
3: bob bangs
4: yo-yo
5: zoso
6: koreandj
6: omegawhitemage
6: green hunter
7: omegablackmage
7: jvsmooth
7: another person(i can't remember)
... others
i think this is correct, seein as how i ran a good portion of the brackets

shoutouts:
korean - good tourney man and good matches. You really should drop fox, and stick with falco. I just need some better falco practice, next time ill be top notch. good stuff. Sorry about the board dealie, i hope you don't get in too much trouble about that.
jinx - good job on the win. you really got some sick characters. good dittos
bob - didn't get to play you, but you looked pretty good in the match against white mage
unknown - didn't get to play you either, but good job on second. You've def gotten better. your a pretty nice guy too, despite all the crap you seem to get at tourneys.
zoso - close man! i really thought i was gunna win that set. I bet i could take your zelda now, but no jonz. She really surprised me.
green hunter - good job on placing so high, you gettin better.
white mage - thought you were gunna lose to ultimate, but good job on the win and good placing. hope jinx likes your money.
**** tom - its a good thing you didn't have to play me again eh?
anyone who liked my game and watch - thanks for the compliments and ill keep working on him. I played him for all my matches if anyone was wondering

everyone there should def come to our tournament, ill keep you guys posted, just keep an eye out. see you all soon.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sick

This tourney was awesome! I'm very glad I went and even more glad i placed so high! :) Everyone there you guys were awesome, I hope you can all make it to our tourney...whenever we finally get it set up. :ohwell:

Anyway, on to the shoutouts:

Jinx: You are amazing. I'm glad I got to play you so **** much. I just can't beleive no one saw me blue spike you! I'm definetly gonna learn some kind of way to take out that sheik...just you watch. And i hope you enjoy my money. I couldnt help but think you were just humoring me with your YL though.
Bob. B: Insane...that's it. You are such a pain to beat...i'm glad i ever survived as long as i did. Good matches.
Ultimate Roy: Close stuff man. I need to learn that forward chain. I'll have it down by the next time we play.
Yo-Yo: You owned me...enough said.
Unknown: I still haven't played you yet. Someday I will. And hopefully i wont get pwned.
KoreanDJ: Good stuff man. I like that Falco. Thanks for running such a good tourney. "The mages and the Sages!" We'll untie that matchup some other time.

Everyone thanks for making this so **** awesome. I'll see you all next time.

Green Hunter

Smash Apprentice
There's one word I have to describe this tournament for me: satisfying. I'm glad I finally got the chance to get my feet wet in some real tounrament level matches. I'm just as glad with my placement in the tourney. My personal high would have to be finishing up my first round set and being told that Jinx called me "White Wes". I found that funny. As for shoutouts...

KoreanDJ: Nice job running the tourney. Only oppertunity I got to play you was on that team with the White Mage. Even then, it was good stuff.

Jinx: I finally got to play you after hearing so much. You're a great player, no doubt. Thanks for the compliment and maybe I'll give you a run for your money next time.

Yo-Yo: Of all characters, Bowser. I'm convinced that Yoshi's Story kinda screwed me over on that first match, but I'm not gonna jon it. Good matches and good job on placement.

The Mages: Great way to come into a tourney. I got the impression that the three of us combined seemed to come out of nowhere on everyone.

Overall, thanks for the tourney and the experience. I had a real good time at this and I'm just plain giddy about the whole thing. Thanks again to all! Watch out for that Green Hunter!

ultimateroy

Smash Cadet
i should and could have done much better in this... X|

eh... maybe next time....

good match OWmage... hah... really close one for sure
MAGE - SAGE BATTLE <--
that was fun...

good tourny...

Top Bottom