• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KoreanDJ Offering Smash Tutoring! APPLICATION DEADLINE DUE MAY 23rd!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Having read a bunch of threads talking about advice on how to play, I start to question the effectiveness of these strategies...

After doing a lot of thinking, I decided on doing my own take on the smash tutoring scene.

The method I will teach will be unlike what other people teach. I won't tell you specific frames of a move or what move to do at this exact %. I will teach you the raw materials you need to transform your game tenfold. The material I will teach will not be a specific way to fight, but more of a guideline that you can change around in your own personal fitting.

There is more to smash than meets the eyes. How to improve at such a rapid space cannot happen solely with knowing how to play the game well. There is more to it than that. It's all about INNER GAME. I'll teach you how to possess the positive traits of being a healthy and strong competitive player that will plow through the rest of the competition. I'll teach you some of the hidden secrets of smash and how to use your talents of fighting and maximize it to the full extent.

I will not train my students how to be like me. I will train my students to bring out the BEST out of the students. I believe being unique is very important, and I respect the uniqueness of each player. I will teach them how to play by THEIR own style of learning, so they can recognize their mistakes quickly and be able to adapt to improving habits. I also understand that each student learns differently. I will push each student to the limit and making them realize the true concept of the game naturally and effectively.

I'm going to pick TEN students willing to learn smash the way it was never taught before. However, I won't pick just ANY student. These students must have a burning desire to be one of the top (if not THE TOP) of the players in the smash community. These students must be willing to learn, even if it gets frustrating. I don't tolerate people who give up when it gets tough. These TEN students must be dedicated and must be willing to put a strong effort and a burning desire to win. I want students who have a goal, and strive for that goal.

I require all students to submit an application and PM'ing it to me through Smashboards. This will give me a good understanding of where your coming from and what is it that makes you want to play the game. Some people I can't be compatible with, and there are some people out there that want to learn, but their goals are so weak it's not even worth my time.

Here is the application:

Name:
Smash Name:
Hometown:
City/State:
Character Main:
Smash Pet Peeve:
Favorite Stage:
Reason why you play smash COMPETITEVELY:
Goals in Smash (List ALL Goals, BIG or small):
Days/Hours available:
Are you a Competitive Person?:
Do you like Money Matches? (answer sincerely):
Are you Pessimistic or Optimistic?:
Was there anything else you were competitive in before/during Smash:
How Much Experience you have with the smash scene:
How much experience you have with your character:
How many tournaments you attended?:
What was the best place you got at a tournament?:
Have we met before (If so, how long have we met)?:
Do you truly believe that there is a lot of bull**** in smash?:
Are you a quitter?:
What is your life quote that defines yourself or your beliefs?:
If you were given a task to complete, and you were given FOUR choices to handle the task, what will it be:
A. Let's do it the FUN way
B. Let's do it MY way
C. Let's do it the RIGHT way
D. Let's do it the EASY way
(Be honest here guys)

Answer all these questions truthfully. If you don't answer it honestly, then your integrity is on the line and I don't like people who lie to me. I like to trust my students and hold them up to their own integrity.

I will post up the results of the TEN qualified students. I will personally PM each student to work out a schedule to see which times work out for the best of us. Location of the venue will vary depending on the student.

The HOUR FEE IS:
$20/Hour.

Remember guys, this is a way for me to see what you are doing wrong (and right) with your style of smash and I will improve your style by using your style of learning and making it seem natural to you.
I do not want players who are serious about this. I want students who seriously want to become one of the best out there.

Application Deadline is due May 23rd.

Applicants are only accepted in the NE region, but people in MA have more priority than out of staters. If out of staters are willing to travel, then they will have more priority than MA, and will have a $5 discount per hour.

Again, a RECAP:
Hour Fee is $20/Hour.
PM me your Application form
Application Deadline is May 23rd
I'll PM you back if you are Chosen to set up the times
I will post results.
There will be time when some students may not reply back, so even if you are not chosen, don't give up, there might be some spots open.

I'll post more updates on this thread, so keep an eye out for this.

Peace,
-KoreanDJ.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
good sh*t dan. The guy teaches well, played with him for the past year, learned a lot. i can guarantee he's a good teacher

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
this sounds like a great idea dj, 2 bad im 2 poor 2 apply lol, o well i guess i have 2 wait 4 u 2 b housed again in the city lol

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
This sounds like a cool idea, but like the others I'm short on cash... Good luck with it. :)

LOL I just noticed black mage still has a sig from cat 2... :p

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ss4ricky still has his signature from BOMB4, from november 2005.

And...I'll consider this...20...hmm....

ChopingBoard

Smash Journeyman
too much moneys. i have to go to school somehow you know.... i want to though... 8^(

edit: i can do this but i haven't seen you online in a while

DaBRÜM

Smash Apprentice
Hey i would do this but i already have a teacher...lol and i oculdnt afford it if i wanted to anyway...thanks for offering it though KDJ good luck you 10 who get chosen...

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
That's a lot of questions. Good **** for DJ finally giving out secrets to students. I would do it if I got a friendship discount lololol.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Name: greg
Smash Name: g-regulate
Ethnicity: white
Hometown: centreville VA
City/State: leesburg VA
Character Main: C. Falcon
Smash Pet Peeve: Losing
Favorite Stage: FD/Stadium
Reason why you play smash COMPETITEVELY: i want to beat everyone.
Goals in Smash (List ALL Goals, BIG or small): to beat lots of good people embarass them in the process. degradation at all costs.
Days/Hours available: nights.
Are you a Competitive Person?: yes
Do you like Money Matches? (answer sincerely): yes
Are you Pessimistic or Optimistic?: optimistic
Was there anything else you were competitive in before/during Smash: basketball/golf/pre-smashboards smash.
How Much Experience you have with the smash scene: 3+ years
How much experience you have with your character: 2+ years
How many tournaments you attended?: lots, probably close to 100. literally.
What was the best place you got at a tournament?: 1st (singles/teams)
Have we met before (If so, how long have we met)?: yes
Do you truly believe that there is a lot of bull**** in smash?: no
Are you a quitter?: no
What is your life quote that defines yourself or your beliefs?: just do it
If you were given a task to complete, and you were given FOUR choices to handle the task, what will it be:
B. Let's do it MY way
(Be honest here guys)

C

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Name: Stephen
Smash Name: Omni
Ethnicity: Native American
Hometown: Laurel, MD
City/State: Bowie, MD
Character Main: Fox
Smash Pet Peeve: Not improving.
Favorite Stage: FD/Pokemon
Reason why you play smash COMPETITEVELY: Recognition. I want to be looked up to.
Goals in Smash (List ALL Goals, BIG or small): To be better then you, obviously. I want to dominate the entire scene.
Days/Hours available: Evenings.
Are you a Competitive Person?: Yup.
Do you like Money Matches? (answer sincerely): Yup.
Are you Pessimistic or Optimistic?: Optimistic.
Was there anything else you were competitive in before/during Smash: Sports, Tekken, MvC, CoD, ...every single ****ing video game I had to be the best at. Give me a set of rules and competitors and I'm hyped.
How Much Experience you have with the smash scene: 3
How much experience you have with your character: 2
How many tournaments you attended?: 30+
What was the best place you got at a tournament?: 1st
Have we met before (If so, how long have we met)?: Yea'.
Do you truly believe that there is a lot of bull**** in smash?: No johns.
Are you a quitter?: Nope.
What is your life quote that defines yourself or your beliefs?: Losers let things happen. Winners make things happen. Also, "Work it harder. Make it better. Do it faster. Makes us stronger." - Daft Punk
B. Let's do it MY way
(Be honest here guys)

C

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
I appreciate the interest guys, but please PM me the application rather than posting it online. I respect the Applicant's privacy, and it would be easier for me to keep track of what's going on.

Linguini

Smash Master
How are the people that live far away going to use this system, doesnt g-reg live in maryland, when will he get his lessons since you live in Mass. KDJ , please some more specific info?

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
I made an update for the post, so here is the edit:

Applicants are only accepted in the NE region, but people in MA have more priority than out of staters. If out of staters are willing to travel, then they will have more priority than MA, and will have a $5 discount per hour.

If by chance there are applicants nearby any big tournaments (such as Pound2 or FC) I will consider doing lessons there as well, whenever I have the time.

777 Post.

Technine

Smash Cadet
wow this is great dj. to bad i cant apply . i hope u pik the rite 10 applicants. i kno u will pik the rite applicants. ur my favorite player . I know ur gana teach well and i hope i dont bump into one of ur students. i cant afford to get three stocked.lol anyway i really respect u for doing this. this opens up so many doors for players who want to get better. good stuff kdj. good luck with ur tutoring and the best of luck for u and ur applicants. ur 2 good kdj.

Driz

Smash Apprentice
if you thin20's bad then the 100 I'm charging him must be crazy, bet you didn't know where DJ got his skill yep right here
<<<<<<
JK but Dan you are the man and can't wait to play you!

Koga+

Boot
i just felt like filling out the form. i dont actually need lessons. sorry for spamming the thread.
Haha i was gonna say something anyway along the lines of "wtf g-reg i thought you were the best falcon next to isai, you dont need this dudes training, you should be training him!" lol anyway, as interesting as this sounds, i dont see myself getting anywhere in 2 hours and thats 40$ so uh lol i will stick to the free training of Jinx and Bob Beng <3

ChopingBoard

Smash Journeyman
Haha i was gonna say something anyway along the lines of "wtf g-reg i thought you were the best falcon next to isai, you dont need this dudes training, you should be training him!" lol anyway, as interesting as this sounds, i dont see myself getting anywhere in 2 hours and thats 40$ so uh lol i will stick to the free training of Jinx and Bob Beng <3
plz don't get as good as Jinx or Bob though lol, they own me.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I have Mew2King for this stuff lol

but if i had the money i'd prolly do it since hell everyone can always improve

good job doing this though

Rep +1.......o wait :(

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Thank you all for your interest! I will PM those who got accepted in the next few days. Boston Herald (a newspaper company in Boston) is doing a story on me and MLG and the reporter/photographer is coming to one of these tutoring sessions and taking pictures and asking questions while I teach you guys. So anyone interested in being on the paper, let me know. I will pick the best candidate from there.

To those who live in NY and farther, I unfortunately cannot find a logical way of tutoring you guys on a consistant , so I'm going to have to call you guys off (unless you guys are willing to travel, in which case I'll make you guys top priority, but you MUST PM me if interested).

I'll work on a schedule for you all to fit into your schedule as well as mine, and we'll work things out.

Cheers.
-KDJ

lethologica

Smash Rookie
Who knew, standing in the Film Lecture Hall that day 5 years ago when I beat you, that you'd make a living out of this?
<3 DJ.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
I am going to open a competing tutoring school, specifically for Peach players.

$20 an hour

1th hour - crouch cancelling
2st hour - basics of dsmash
3nd hour - intermediate dsmash
4rd hour - advanced dsmash
5th hour - Float Cancel's Effects on Modern Society and How It Affects Dsmash

If you give me $100 in full I'll finish the lessons in only 20 mins.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
I've sent out PM's to everyone accepted.
Thank you all for your interest.
We've had a whopping 30+ applicants.
If anyone that didn't accept my PM but is willing to travel, PM me back and tell me that you are willing to travel.
The general rules are in the PM. Anyone have any more questions, PM me them.

Let's rip **** up!

P.S. Kirbstir is too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom