• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kooketsu's Monthly [12/5/09] Durham NC

Katsu_kid

Smash Rookie
It's here! Kooketsu's first of our many monthly tournaments! I guess this will kick off the 2010 year I suppose. We're doing Narutimate Accel 2, Ultimate Ninja 4, Ultimate Ninja Storm, CONR3 and most importantly Brawl Singles!

Date: December 5th, 2009
Northgate Mall
1058 W. Club Blvd.
Space 832
Durham, NC 27701

It's located outside in the center of teh mall we'll take photos if needed to.

Fees:
Venue: $10.00
NA2: $10.00
UN4: $ 10.00
NUNS: $5.00
SSBB: $5.00
CONR3: $5.00

Pot Splits:

70/20/10 for all tournaments except for UN4.
Winner Takes All for UN4.

Schedule

10:00 A.M.- Venue Opens

11:00 A.M. - Registration

12:00 P.M. - It all begins...

8:00 P.M. - Tourney Ends

Rules:

Narutimate Accel 2
  • Double Elimination Brackets
  • Sets are 2 out of 3 rounds, Finals are 3 out of 5, Grand Finals are 4 of 7
  • Draw matches count as a victory round for BOTH players
  • Round Time: 99 Count
  • All other settings default
  • Assists are banned. They are to be set to manual before the match to prevent accidental activation.
  • Hiruko Sasori & Gai are banned
  • Winner Character Lock (winner of previous round cant switch characters)
  • Loser Stage Selection (loser of previous round gets choice of stage)
  • Pausing a match forfeits the round.
  • No Transformation Selection (transformations must be EARNED with ougis)
  • R-P-S (Rock Paper Scissors) System is banned, if the Situation Occurs Press Square

Ultimate Ninja 4: Naruto Shippuden
  • Sets are 2 out of 3 rounds, Finals are 3 out of 5
  • All other settings default
  • Sasori, TS Shikamaru & Gai are banned
  • Loser Stage Selection (loser of previous round gets choice of stage)
  • No Transformation Selection (transformations must be EARNED with ougis)
  • R-P-S (Rock Paper Scissors) System is banned, if the Situation Occurs Press Square

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
  • Sets are 2 out of 3 rounds, Finals are 3 out of 5
  • Loser stage select(First round must be random)
  • Itachi is banned
  • Transformations must be gained
  • Banned Jutsus:
  • Phoenix Flower - Sasuke
  • Human Boulder - Chouji
  • Leaf Hurricane - Rock Lee
  • Chakra shuriken/dash banned as block counter

Super Samsh Bros. Brawl
  • 3 Stock
  • 8 minute timer
  • Items are set to "off" and "none"
  • All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
  • If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Stalling is banned.

Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3

• Double Elimination
  • Best 3/5 Rounds
  • Best 2/3 Matches
  • All Finals Best 3/5 Matches
  • Default Time - 90 Seconds
  • Damage Setting - 1
  • Stage Select - Random
  • Winner Can't Change Character
  • All Control Set-ups Allowed
  • If using Wiimote make sure to remove your batteries from Controller or you will be DQ if it interferes with another Tournament Match!
  • Latent Ninja Power - ON
  • Stage Transition - Off
  • Obstacles - Off

• Banned:
  • All Hand Seals

Pre Reg

Katsu_kid (NA2, UN4, CONR3, Brawl)
Sandman (NA2, UN4, NUNS)
Hazy (NA2, UN4, Brawl, CONR3)
Keybladekid (NA2, UN4, Brawl)
Vilt (All but Brawl)
NisP (All but Brawl)
-
-
-
-
-

-House Rules/Etc.-

• Be respective of the venue and it's people and equipment. We do have the right to kick you out, so don't be a douche!
  • It's advised that you bring your own controller, we won't have any extras. Team Kooketsu isn't responsible for lost controllers
  • If you bring extra TV's, consoles, etc. that will be very much appreciated!
  • If you need anything else, P.M. me

stingers

Smash Obsessed
my mom's bday is on the 6th so yeah. just can't make this one. sorry!

i recommend you put NC in the thread title so NC people know to look here

Vilt

Smash Lord
WOAH! I am totally coming for everything BUT Brawl. xD This place officially became my most favorite place ever. Kastu please tell me you play all those games above and if you do, you are going to have to teach me why Gai is banned and any/all metagame there is to those games. Except Brawl cause that has no metagame. xD

Edit: If I fall in love with this place cause of Naruto....I may actually quit smash for 2D Fighters.

Katsu_kid

Smash Rookie
WOAH! I am totally coming for everything BUT Brawl. xD This place officially became my most favorite place ever. Kastu please tell me you play all those games above and if you do, you are going to have to teach me why Gai is banned and any/all metagame there is to those games. Except Brawl cause that has no metagame. xD

Edit: If I fall in love with this place cause of Naruto....I may actually quit smash for 2D Fighters.
I play all these games, and why Gai is bannned... well there's this little thing called HokaGai...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQlnqxhlZM0

And I'll put you up on the Pre-Reg list, yo.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i'd prefer to host my own biweeklies but i'd be open to hosting a smashfest the day before or the day after this event.

also, why is the venue fee $10, and the entry only $5?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
there was a bleach fighter for the wii that was really fun

i wish there was a competitive scene for it

Katsu_kid

Smash Rookie
i'd prefer to host my own biweeklies but i'd be open to hosting a smashfest the day before or the day after this event.

also, why is the venue fee $10, and the entry only $5?
After works fine, and I'm trying to make everything affordable, so that's why prices are the way they are.

no melee = no dark hart
Why don't you bring it for the casuals/friendlies TV?

that's so much naruto
i haven't played those since the cube's 4th one
or w/e
That was probably Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 4

DJRome

Smash Hero
well, to be honest, $10 is how much the door fee for pound is. that is much larger than this. people at my biweekly only pay $8 for door fee and entry, but i assume the venue fee actually pays for a venue, right? tbh, u should just host at duke since it's like 10 min away and use the free venue unless you really need the setups for the other games at the venue

$5 entry means literally no pot if you think about it,

3rd place, which is in the money, needs to have at least 30 people enter just to break even and get money back for entering. that's a little excessive if you ask me.

as for the smashfest, i'll likely host before cause it's unrelated to your tournament, just an option lol

Vilt

Smash Lord
Door fee is alot. You are teaching me everything Kastu Kid. I also have a freeloader and GNT4 if you would like me to bring it. LOWER DOOR FEE and I will hump your leg.

Seriously 12/5, I might really quit smash for 2D fighters.

Katsu_kid

Smash Rookie
Door fee is alot. You are teaching me everything Kastu Kid. I also have a freeloader and GNT4 if you would like me to bring it. LOWER DOOR FEE and I will hump your leg.

Seriously 12/5, I might really quit smash for 2D fighters.
That's cool, if you bring GNT4 then Hazy will be happy (He plays GNT4.) My team is meeting tomorrow so we will discuss door fee, game fees, etc.

because I have better thing to do than travel to a tournament with no games that I like. Hell, I only go to big tournaments now anyways.
Ok, that's fine.

NisP

Smash Journeyman
TBH, The Naruto games are like.....soooo much cooler than Smash.

I'm coming to this with Vilt.

I'm coming to see everything other than Brawl, because that game sucks. ;D

Really excited to see what the Naruto Community is like. :3

Katsukid, I wanna learn moar too :3

DJRome

Smash Hero
nah vilt, u should definitely stay with smash. im sure those other games are good too, but the smash community is too good

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
The group you're invited to.

Edit:
I'M GETTING 2 ROOMS.

I'll work some brown magic and try to get a discount by getting two rooms. It'll also almost-guarantee that they will be next to each other.

I'll get the list sorted out soon and then I'll know what kind of space is available for others, if necessary.

Edit:

1 of the cheesecakes is for West Coast.

The other will be for those staying with me :)

Reno...I know you've actually slept in my bed, but Junior's Cheesecake material? Hmmm...what's in it for me, sweetness? ^_~

EDIT 2:

ALL DRIVERS OF PEOPLE STAYING AT THE HOTEL:
Please PM me an exact list of who is confirmed to be there [as well as a list of maybe/most likelys]

That'll help me keep track of everything properly with no confusion and no one missing out.

Thanks.

Rooms should be reserved by tomorrow :)

Vilt, you should PM Toasty and see if you can get in on this. It would be cool I think

Katsu_kid

Smash Rookie
TBH, The Naruto games are like.....soooo much cooler than Smash.

I'm coming to this with Vilt.

I'm coming to see everything other than Brawl, because that game sucks. ;D

Really excited to see what the Naruto Community is like. :3

Katsukid, I wanna learn moar too :3
I'll put you up on the pre-reg :)

nah vilt, u should definitely stay with smash. im sure those other games are good too, but the smash community is too good
I agree, it's great to spread your expertise into other games in such.

Katsu_kid

Smash Rookie
The team and and I re-did some prices and stuff, it's now $10 for NA2 and UN4. And the venue will be discussed during registration, so it is subject to change.

Top Bottom