• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Komodo Brawl Tournament (Abbotsford, B.C) Vancouver people welcome!

breez

Smash Ace
When: Saturday, August 29th

Where: Komodo PC 201-2955 Immel Street Abbotsford, BC

Entrance Fee: $10 and an extra $5 for Doubles tournament (If enough people are interested)

Rules: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230481 (No stage striking, 4 standard maps will be played. First Stage Randomed, loser picks afterward)

Phone: 778-808-5811 For questions and pre-registration. Ask for Jordan.

Email: JordanNRG@gmail.com

We have 3 really nice LCD TV's, friendly and exhibition matches will be allowed before and after the tournament. 10+ People from the area are already going, so this could turn out to be a pretty decent sized event. Prize money will be determined depending on how many people show up, and divided in a 60-30-10 fashion.

Great, well that about sums everything up. Hope to see you there!

LFL

Smash Journeyman
Starting time of the tournament will be 3 pm

Lcdscreen

Smash Rookie
I'll definitely be there! I play Brawl quite a bit, but I've never really been able to measure my skill against anyone except my friends so it will be interesting, hopefully I'll pick up some things to improve my game. See you there! :)

breez

Smash Ace
Somewhat interested...
Come on down! A great bunch of people are going to be there and it should be lots of fun! Remember to bring a friend for doubles.

I'll definitely be there! I play Brawl quite a bit, but I've never really been able to measure my skill against anyone except my friends so it will be interesting, hopefully I'll pick up some things to improve my game. See you there! :)
Wicked! I'm glad that you are coming - my friends and I really like to compare with other people aswell!

IMMA GONNA BE THERE! It's a time to do some Brawlin of the smash classification.
Yay! Hopefully we are looking at 20+ people right now, maybe more!

Get practicing everyone :)

LFL

Smash Journeyman
Bump. Hope to see a lot of people there!

LFL

Smash Journeyman
@Blunted were you at the tournament at play n trade awhile ago?

LFL

Smash Journeyman
Interested....

free money for me

lol jokes

probably too far for me

We are hoping for a big turn out., and there will be a lot of time for friendlies. Even if its far I'm sure it'll be worth it

Lcdscreen

Smash Rookie
Woo! It's officially the day of the tournament!
Hope everyone shows up and has a good time.

Oh, and I never really found out or not but I assume we're aloud to set up our controls how we like them before the tournament really starts? Probably a little late to be asking but aw well.

breez

Smash Ace
Woo! It's officially the day of the tournament!
Hope everyone shows up and has a good time.

Oh, and I never really found out or not but I assume we're aloud to set up our controls how we like them before the tournament really starts? Probably a little late to be asking but aw well.
Hahah don't worry, everyone will be allowed to set up their controls - come a bit early for some friendlies if you like!

See you guys there tomorrow :D I really need to sleep now!

LFL

Smash Journeyman
Hope to see everyone there at the tournament! The singles will start at 3pm, but come as early as you like. I'll be setting up at around 11am and friendlies will be played all day.

breez

Smash Ace
Awesome! Lots of fun today guys - I wish more people turned up, but doesn't really matter!

The top 3 places were as followed:

1) Breez (Snake)
2) LFL (Marth)
3) Mike (Wolf)

The owner of the LAN cafe we were at said he would love to have more tournaments in the future, possibly with melee as well!

Thanks again for coming out people who did!

Lcdscreen

Smash Rookie
Ey, Mike here. I had a great time at the tournament, and I can't wait until the next one! Thanks everyone for being so AWESOME! I'm taking first next time, believe it.

GO TEAM SPACE! GO TEAM SPACE!

LFL

Smash Journeyman
Singles

1. Breez ($45) Snake
2. LFL($22.50) Marth
3. MIKE($7.50) Wolf
4. Josh - Game and Watch
5. Alex! - Lucario
5. Balls - Pikachu
7. Dead - Fox
7. Marklar - Falco
9. c0nspire - Sonic
9. Devastating Doug - Olimar

Doubles

1. Thunder Explosion (Breez & Balls) $36
2. Smashatory **** (LFL & Marklar) $18
3. Team Space (MIKE & Dead) $6

ThePointingMan

Smash Rookie
Cool Finally found mah account name, dead here. Anyways That was sooo AWESOME! Can't wait till the next tournament. guess i better practice some more though.

Lcdscreen

Smash Rookie
Singles

1. Breez ($45) Snake
2. LFL($22.50) Marth
3. MIKE($7.50) Wolf
4. Josh - Game and Watch
5. Alex! - Lucario
5. Balls - Pikachu
7. Dead - Fox
7. Marklar - Falco
9. c0nspire - Sonic