• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kojima plays Smash Bros. Brawl, says game feels very complete

Black/Light

Smash Master
Keep in mind Kojima's opinion is that of an outsider, one who has no idea on how the game is being developed. Actually, according to Sakurai or Kojima, Kojima worked on Snake and Snake's stage. He actively played a role in developing this game to some level (As in, Snake's stage/ model/ moves and w/e)
(For the record, Brawl started development in October 2005, so it hasn't been two years yet. Having some development experience myself, and a knowledge of Nintendo's history, I can assure you a game like this will need more than two years of development time.) When I said "in development for 2 years now" I mean't " Sakurai started his planing for this game around E3 05 (May-ish) as he said on the site". He has stated that he is useing and working with the tools that where used in melee. . . in fact, Brawl isn't a "from the ground up" title like SMG is. From what we have seen it looks to be a combu of 64 and melee in speed and. . . thats about it.
And Im sorry but how do you know how long it would take them to do Brawl? We have no idea just what they are doing with Brawl nor do we know how much they are putting into the game. And from what I hear melee was made in about a year. . .
And Sakurai has confirmed a "07" release date for Japan at the least. I believe him on that seeing as all we have to go on is "the development is going smoothly" from Sakurai (old info) and now this along with the lil info we have on Brawl's development.

The Director

Smash Lord
Here's another angle on this small bit of news, albeit unlikely...

...maybe Brawl sucks, is not living up to Kojima's standards and the only compliments he could come up with were generic comments like 'it feels complete' and 'it would sell millions'. Maybe he wanted something nice to say to Sakurai?

Probably not, though. I wonder if Kojima got a peek at who the other characters are, or maybe a game with Mario and Snake was just set up? :cool:

JesterBox

Smash Ace
snake vs. Zombies....?

I like how he said it feels complete

oh good this news has slightly feed my ravinous hunger for Brawl news

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
dont buy the game since wavedashing is something you basically cant take out of the game if there is air dodging and sliding. stop *****ing in this section about how bad wavedashing is. it is a fair technique so shut it.

Wow. You ****ing idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLpgM-Pkn8s

Im not even gonna bother with you. Just watch my shiek in action. Ya man I hate wavedashing. Yup, I dont use it 500 times a match for spacing. Ya im a scrub.

Why don't you read ? K thx. jerk. :mad:

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
It seems as though SSBB will be much bigger then melee and as long as Kojima's statement isn't an exaggeration then it gives us a chance to be optimistic(for once) and give brawl a fighting chance against Halo 3.

@Dylan they wont mention WD since it is very unknown and whether WD exists or not in SSBB will not hurt the metagame badly. We will be fine even WITH OUGHT adv. techs. since mindgames>>>>>>>>>>Technical skill. Although I can guaranty that SHFFL(th most central tech ) will be in SSBB.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
It seems as though SSBB will be much bigger then melee and as long as Kojima's statement isn't an exaggeration then it gives us a chance to be optimistic(for once) and give brawl a fighting chance against Halo 3.

@Dylan they wont mention WD since it is very unknown and whether WD exists or not in SSBB will not hurt the metagame badly. We will be fine even WITH OUGHT adv. techs. since mindgames>>>>>>>>>>Technical skill. Although I can guaranty that SHFFL(th most central tech ) will be in SSBB.
Plus, YOU don't wavedash for spacing. You seem to wavedash randomly therefore not able to bring its full potential.
Dylan did NOT wavedash randomly that match, apparently you don't understand mindgames as well as you pretend to. Dylan used WD for tech-chasing, distancing himself to charge a couple of needles, space air intercepts, and space tilt attacks.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
How about we keep Wavedashing debates to the topics that are about Wavedashing? It gets kind of sickening after a while.

Kirby Superstar

Smash Apprentice
Wow...... if this information is true, and he's considering what kojima said about releasing it..... then it would be a very good idea to release it right when june hits. Cause i know i'll be bored as hell this summer if it's not out at june.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Hmm. Good news, I say. It might not say much, but at least we know that Brawl is, at the very least, at a point where it is fully playable, with functioning multiplayer. And since Hideo Kojima is himself a game developer, having him say it feels very complete sounds like a very good sign to me.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
^^^ Yeah seriously, all of this crap about wavedashing is annoying to the nth degree. -_-

Anyways, that's cool info. It's not really BIG information, but hey, we gotta be thankful for what we can get, right?

DarkFr0g

Smash Apprentice
They should've posted a video of them playing. :(

Plus, wavedashing takes away from the simplicity and fun of the game. And who's to say that there won't be any new glitches to discover? I'd rather have an entire new game, and discover new glitches and ways to mind game people online, instead of just playing an extension of the old Melee.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I want to ask Kojima if Peach is in T_T

tirkaro

Smash Champion
man, I envy kojima so much D:<

so if it feels so complete, then why isn't there a demo avalible on the Wii virtual console yet?
then again, I guess that would be too good to be true :<

Rakuen

Smash Apprentice
Wow. You ****ing idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLpgM-Pkn8s

Im not even gonna bother with you. Just watch my shiek in action. Ya man I hate wavedashing. Yup, I dont use it 500 times a match for spacing. Ya im a scrub.

Why don't you read ? K thx. jerk. :mad:
Everytime you fail to read the entire thread before posting, you're going to end up undermining yourself.
ok first sorry if dylan was saying he wanted it in. still though why would you not buy the game if that tech was removed?

again very sorry to the person i posted about in my first post as i must have misread what you were saying.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Plus, wavedashing takes away from the simplicity and fun of the game. And who's to say that there won't be any new glitches to discover? I'd rather have an entire new game, and discover new glitches and ways to mind game people online, instead of just playing an extension of the old Melee.
How exactly does wavedashing take anything away from the game? You don't HAVE to use it. that's like saying l-cancelling takes away from the simplicity of the game. It's still pick up and play, WD and all the other advanced tech are there when you want to pick ypur game up above just ****ing around with your friends.

Plus, considering WD keeps more fatal glitches (like getting stuck in the stage, falling through floors) from happening, i'd rather they keep it in.

going back on topic, I don't see Smash coming out either late summer (Aug) or the holiday season (Late OCt to Late Dec.)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That's what I'd like to know too. If you want it to be simple then play it simple. don't WD don't SHFFL play with items in banned stages and play team matches with friendly fire off, but don't try to shove your "keep it simple" crap down our throats. If it's complex then it will have a simple side anyway, if it's simple it'll just be simple.

Master.Lord.Marth.

Smash Journeyman
Now now boys, take your banter somewhere else.

I still seriously doubt the game is anywhere near completion and even it it was, i would like to believe nintendo would save one of their big guns for the holiday season.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
It's pretty sad how happy we get when we hear such uselss information...

shows how desperate we are...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Nintendo gives a lot less info than other companies. I hear other info every month in my magazines, games in the works, release dates, how the games are playing [I remember hearing about how Gears of War plays before it launched, it was accurate too]. We only get info when the game is already out...

Rakuen

Smash Apprentice
If you've been paying attention, this is the pattented, proven pattern that Nintendo has used to build hype:

Announce game at the BEGINNING of development cycle (as opposed to the middle like other developers).
Release a small trailer at the next available E3.
Release a small trailer at the next available TGS.
Game is nonexistant at next E3.
Game is pushed back.
'Information' is 'leaked' in some way, shape, or form, but it's usually useless.
Release a small amount of information at next E3.
Release game.

Of course, you can mix and match a bit there, but the basic pattern is there for all major releases.

Montana_Maroc

Smash Rookie
christmas 2007???? wtf... come on guys ...I mean if we don't have at least a demo till E3 they wont release the game this year.... scince they're planning to release "Mario Galaxy" and the new Metroid ......this would be to much for 2007 ...let's pray to God that Sakurai ain't that cruel

Echo

Smash Champion
awesome news, though I can't help but question him calling it complete, I mean, what he feels is complete could be uncomplete for you and I. but heres hoping!

good post though =]

El Cancel

Smash Journeyman
if kojima says it feels complete it must be good.

or...

maybe it's complete to him because it has snake in it.

brawl still coming out this year. good news.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
WHY WONT THEY TELL US IF THERES ****ING WAVEDASHING OR NOT?!?!??! ''the game feels complete'' What the heck is that? No **** it feels complete its been in progress for some time.

OMG, GAMES GET COMPLETED.

What a vague and stupid comment to make. Wavedashing or not? Tell me. I want to know whether or not to buy this game :mad:

and im not talking about Kojima, I dont care about him. Im talking about Sakurai, he should tell us.
stfu, your're such an annoying noob, do yourself a favor & don't buy the game,
go ahead & WD in melee, no-one will playing it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The next person to argu about wavedashing in here will get a week temp ban. I'm sick of it. USE THE RIGHT TOPIC OR GO AWAY

Tera253

Smash Ace
so basically, (as previously assumed) they're just keeping this game under such tight wraps that it already broke the seams that it was previously bulging at?
(translation: they're just being really protective of this game and not releasing any info)
wonder if we could all ptich in x amount of dollars to bribe Kojima to show us the character select screen?
~Tera253~

Top Bottom