• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Known Combo Topic

Hailzeon0079

Smash Cadet
Anyone want to share some zss combos, try and note if they can be teched or DIed out of.

I'll start with the simple dashattack to uptilt

Oh and are there any good down throw combos?

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
any attack that sends them upwards can be kinda chained with upB on teh ground since it pulls them back down (check the other thread - its kinda like pillaring)

and the moves that work with it are...Uthrow, Dthrow, Utilt, Usmash?, n some others => UpB
and really as long as u can stun them long enuff u can chain in attacks

like NeutralB + >B / Dsmash + Grab + Dthrow + Uair/Fair/Bair (+ naybe if theyr falling below u alredy, Dair or VB to catch up to them with another hit, and since it hits them once on the ground and then another hit up - u can repeat or mix up some moves after)

EDIT: ive kinda alredy done something like this when i tried brawl - but it can be hard but i think its possible to pull it off, anyone agree?

ShardZ

Smash Cadet
fully charged B -> grab *might* be guaranteed, but I'm not positive.
d.smash -> grab (for dmg) or f.B (to kill)
I'm not sure what's 100% guaranteed after the down throw as I've had this DI'd waaaaaaaay to the side, making it very difficult to follow up. Same deal with d.tilt. I very highly doubt u.B is guaranteed ever, it's not that fast and only goes straight up. looduh, I can barely read what you typed but I'm 99% sure it's wrong, unless combos that only work on ppl who never DI are somehow valid.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Neutral B -> Grab works. A lot of 'combos' are pretty intuitive. D Throw to Up Air, for example. Afaik, we haven't found anything that deserves a name yet (ken combo) that you wouldn't just think up anyway.

However, this weekend I saw a beautiful D Throw -> Up Air -> Up Air -> Up B by SoCal player Blitz. Its a shame no one knows what to do after that. D Air maybe?

artifice

Smash Ace
many d throw combos can be DI'd+air dodged out of. but it depends on the toon and percentage. ive noticed say marth will DI+air dodge out of a mid percent downthrow to uair. but Ike it will be garanteed at the same percentage.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
If they airdodge right after the throw, upB.
If they don't, upair. They'll probably airdodge the first upair, but Zamus can upair like three times in one jump so you'll often catch him in the second upair.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
up b on ground is good when you do that make sure they come down now if they dont tech you can do whatever you want, I usaully down smash but if you down smash they are either in front of you or behind you so pay attention. After that down tilt then you can use up airs (becarful and pay attention to see if they air dodge or not). After that you can up b and hope for a spike or just some hits.

for the gun you can charge up shot all the way then dash attack(if you want mid ranget) then down tilt for less lag or you can up tilt but the recovery from it is a little longer.

when someone is trying to come back you can charge up shot all the way and if they get hit you can neutral air or you can back air them.

if you want to spike you better becareful if they are about mid range from coming back you could fall off the stage and try to spike with up b but it will be hard to sweetspot.

Fastest

Smash Ace
1) a, a
2) Dsmash->Anything
3) Close range short charge B->jab/tilt. Grab is not guaranteed.
4) Fully charged B->Anything
5) Fair first hit->Fair 2nd hit
6) Dash attack->utilt
7) Weak hit uair ("Eddie Spike" While Landing)->utilt
8) Utilt (low percents)->uair (follow DI)

BANSHI

Smash Cadet
the strongest untechable combos i've found so far are

1.) D smash, D smash, F smash does around 32%
2.) full charged B, FB does around 22%

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Heres some really good ones. Note that these are out of shield. i found that these were effective since ZS is pretty much a defensive character who can follow up really well due to her speed.

S-shield

S>u-smash>uair>uair>uair>fair>RunningTurnAroundForwardB the edge!!!(RTT)

S>u-smash>uair>upB>dair(immediately)>utilt>uair>uair>fair>RTT

S>d-smash>grab>up throw>upB>utilt>upB>utilt>uair>uair>fair>RTT

S>d-smash>for.B>RTT

S>d-smash>downB-A>RTT

Up smash out of shield is really good cuz it has sooo many hitboxes. If they spot dodge they get hit on the recovery. You will proabably note that the running turn-around tether to the edge is at the end of each of these combos. Thats because it *****!!! Get the kill quick, dont try so hard to rack up enough damage to get the raw KO. The longer the fight, the more you are at risk. ZS has the fastest and longest tether in the game! If you knock you opponent off a decent distance, you can run, turn around, jump off the stage and quickly forward B and just hang there. Your opponent will almost always miss the autosnap recovery and get edge hogged by your tether.

BANSHI

Smash Cadet
found a slightly stronger combo (untechable)

d smash, d smash, up throw -36% and up with additional hits before the actual throw
its been perfect for racking damage

i've also found that up b can be connected with the down smash, at the moment the opponent is sent upwards from the d smash her up B can bring them back down and it can be looped a couple of times, but they have to be around 60%, and i have found it to miss sometimes, but i think i'm on to something

RPK

Smash Lord
down smash, down smash, up b, up b, up, b, up tilt.
It does about 78 percent. They have to have like 10-20 before this actually works...I dont know why...And Im unsure about DI cause I dont have any human opponents at the moment ._.

Also, not sure if this works or not but after an up b, since they land right in front of you, you could do another down smash, down smash, into a forward b to finish it.

EDIT: Also, the first combo I listed actually registers as a combo. And again, Im unsure about DI...But whatever...Seriously, a 78% combo...-squeels-

2nd EDIT: Also Down smash, downsmash, forward b does about 41% It registers as a 4 hit combo...

BANSHI

Smash Cadet
thats interesting, i didnt know you could up b and it just picks them up from the ground, this combo is similiar to what i found (dsmash,dsmash upB repeat), i am able to loop it many times easily in training mode
im unsure about the DI also but im going to test it out in some wifi matches soon

RPK

Smash Lord
if its untechable, then men...we have found the first infinit in brawl >:3 Also down smash them when they hit the ground into a side b to finish the job. Even though it doesnt combo...

Well, down smash, into side b does...but yeah you know what I mean...

anoobis

Smash Cadet
First off, Zamus cannot infinite with this technique, I've tried it on real people and lvl 9 computers the most you generally get out of it is 2 pillars. After that they realize a) they can shield out of the down smash b) they can DI out of the upb. However it's still a valid technique for building damage; I like to mix it up like this: dsmash ->upb ->upb -> dsmash -> dsmash -> upb ->dsmash grab up air...this pretty much works.

There's a couple of scenarios I'd like to address when they DI out of your up b. If they DI into you and still get grabbed down you can up tilt to continue the combo if they DI away and don't get pulled down follow up with an up smash or wait till they land and dash attack to up tilt and start over again. Also, another good way to prevent them from escaping your combo of doom is once they DI away stun gun them and then grab and start it all over again. It's pretty **** effective, however, people will start to get wise. Once that happens mix it up with neutral b's and tilts and some jab combos to down tilt to some aerial game it works really well :)

Eten

Smash Ace
I tried to find ways to extend that awesome dsmash->dsmash->up-b->up-B combo, but I couldn't. Ending it with an upsmash or utilt seems to be best, they still combo and do good damage. I tried using a jab reset with jab fakes to stop a tech from the tumble, but Zamus's jabs suck and don't even combo into themselves so there was no possible follow up. Everything else is too slow to follow up with. Still it's a ton of damage already and I've already used it a couple times on human opponents. Zamus takes a step forward during dsmash making it easy to get yourself really close for the up-b portion, and it all is linked together with hitstuns and does sick damage.

With the way those two moves work, dsmash and up-B, I almost feel for sure that someone can make an even stronger combo out of that. If anyone else knows of any cancels or IASA frames they could exploit and what to experiment, I'd give that a try...

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
what i do more and more frequent now is - basically Pillar with Dsmash > Dsmash > UpB > Dsmash > UpB
this works very well actually

@BANSHI the combo is exactly what i mean and it works on ppl too they can DI out of but at a higher percent. I did it to my friend from 0-50% cuz thats when theyre able to get stuck in it and not really DI out cuz of the stun.

EDIT: wow seems im not teh only one on this UpB to Dsmash Combo. I think it should be one of those international Combos. Maybe like...Pillar Whip Combo? Taser Whip Lash sounds cool...

Im so Bored.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
A combo I like to use, but keep in mind I am a bit of a Zamus noob, is this:

B standard or Dsmash > Up grab > Uair. Once you have them up in the air you can do Bair, another Uair, Down B, basically whatever keeps you in the air longer. If you do it well you will leg juggle them (that's my name for it) so they will basically be vulnerable while you are comboing them in the air.

If they have enough damage, I typically use bair and that is an easy KO. Uair also works if they are close to a Knock out at the top of the screen.

RPK

Smash Lord
The only thing she needs is the ability to run like a ninja! Seriously! If you look at Shiek, her dash is almost the same as her crawl. Zamus, sadly runs like.... Samus.
Hmmm....I wonder what ¬_¬ It could be cause theyre the same person, but I dunno...

FinalKai

Smash Apprentice
Home: New Jersey, College: USC (Los Angeles)
I pretty good combo i've found was

upB > Dsmash > two jabs > upB > Dsmash...or Utilt or Usmash...or two more jabs...

the main thing to note here is that you can actually get in two jabs on the stunned opponent without breaking the stun...if you hit with her third jab it'll knock them back...but the first two always still leave them paralyzed...

plus the forward movement of the two jabs puts you right next to the enemy allowing you to do another upB

of course you can't really do this for too long cause people will DI out it eventually...but I was pretty pleased when i discovered you can jab twice without breaking the stun

anoobis

Smash Cadet
the main thing to note here is that you can actually get in two jabs on the stunned opponent without breaking the stun...if you hit with her third jab it'll knock them back...but the first two always still leave them paralyzed...
Well, doing another dsmash will also move you closer and do more damage than the 2 jabs.

BANSHI

Smash Cadet
another combo i found

uncharged NB>Dash attack 11% untechable

thats 3 untechables i've found that rack damage fast and easy, maybe i should start naming these combos

and this thread should be stickied, these combos are important

Garde

Smash Ace
Names for combos are a waste of time unless it's something complex that would take a long time to type out otherwise (like shine combos or pillaring), and the stun gun to dash attack is pretty basic... You can also follow it up with an up-tilt, like Fastest said way up in the thread, unless the person is too high in damage. And after an up-tilt, you pretty much set up for juggles/up+B pillar combo.

The only ZSS combo that really deserves a name is the d-smash -> d-smash -> up+B pillaring technique because it's incredibly powerful and is easily recognizable (and there are a bunch of variations on it). As it is, though, I think everyone is pretty much calling it pillaring since it's a lot like Falco's pillaring from Melee.

BANSHI

Smash Cadet
yeah i only put uncharged NB>dash attack cause anything after that is not guaranteed

but off course you can do mind games and switch it up with a throw or a tilt, but after they see it so much they will know to block or dodge after the dash attack

Subzan

Smash Rookie
The only thing she needs is the ability to run like a ninja! Seriously! If you look at Shiek, her dash is almost the same as her crawl. Zamus, sadly runs like.... Samus.
Zamus runs faster though. If we're gonna talk about silly dash animations, let's talk about dorf's brisk jog.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Can you dsmash or neutral B repeatedly?
Example: dsmash->wait until stun wears off->immediately dsmash, repeat

aleps

Smash Apprentice
I have just tried this with one friend who doesn't know how to tech, but I supose you can tech to go out if this ones. By the way, I don't know if this are combos, but they are continuous hits :p

Dgrab > walk of run > UpB > DSmash > SideB OR Dgrad to start again
Dgrab > walk of run > UpB > DSmash > Dtilt > Up smash OR Uair

BANSHI

Smash Cadet
ok im not the first one who thought of this, i got the idea from watching some matches, and i dont know if its been posted else where (i checked this thread though)

but i think zero's best killing combo's are

Dsmash x2, SH B air 35% (untechable)
Dsmash x2, SH up A air 32% (this can be DI'd)

B air has the most knockback out of all of the moves (even FB) and it blends in perfectly with dsmash along with up A air because after anybody is hit with dsmash they are sent slightly upwards the higher there damage is

i just need to know if you can DI when your sent from the shock, if not then getting kills will be alot easier

EDIT- this combo only works in the higher percentages, i think around 60% or higher, but until you know it will finish them it shouldnt be used anyway

EDIT- Just finished testing this combo with a friend, and its possible to DI from the shock of the dsmash but it STILL doesnt matter (with Bair)
this was tested on fox and it kills him starting at 110% with dsmash x2, up A air

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Zamus > Shiek.

Not sure if anyone cares, but if you do it fast enough, Zamus can land a sh double b-air.

Ghost Slime

Smash Cadet
This combo is interesting, and works extremely effectively on big characters, and pretty well on small ones until the person you're fighting realizes they can DI out of it.

Anyway, for bigger characters, you can continue this combo about 5-6 times in a row, unless they're good at DI.

D-Smash > D-Smash > Up-B > D-Smash > D-Smash > Up-B > D-Smash > D-Smash > Up-B > D-Smash > D-Smash > Up-B > Down Tilt > Up-air.

That entire combo is for bigger characters like Ike, Bowser, Dedede, etc. I may have exaggerated how many times you can repeat it over, but SOMETIMES you may get lucky.

For smaller characters like Kirby, Pikachu, and Olimar, you may want to try:

D-Smash > D-Smash > Up-B > D-Smash > D-Smash > Up-B > Down Tilt > U-air > U-air

Because of ZSS's Up-special effect of pulling your opponent downwards, it may lead into the down-smash extremely smoothly.

Usually, this combo works for any character, but best at low percentages.

Charged or Uncharged neutral B > Dash attack (Best used when you're partially touching your opponent) > Up-tilt > U-air > U-air.

I've done this before, but sometimes you'll only be able to land U-air. Also, you may want to try Up-B after knocking your opponents into the air with the U-tilt.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Once again committing myself, no one is:

A) Updating the thread, so someone make a new one.

B) Working on horizontal approach/combos.

Oh, something to work with: fair(2nd hit) -> sh nair -> dtilt -> usmash. If you can follow DI then its effective.

Hailzeon0079

Smash Cadet
One thing to note is that when pillaring someone with upBs and Dsmashes, Marth can counter in between, my Marth playing friend doesn't really know much about DI, but he still counters if I try and pillar him.

Anyone know if Ike can do this?

Top Bottom