• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Klonoa in SSBB

Shadowblind

Smash Rookie
I second the motion for Klonoa to be in SSBB as I have on the NSIDER forums and DCEmu. Klonoa has all the statistical needs of a good SSBB character already in place for him. His attacks are both legit and damaging attacks, while not being overkill(cough cough Cloud Strife)

Plus, this would increase ties between Nintendo and Namco greatly. Pac-Man is a little too simple in the way he games, as there is no complexity to his attacks. This would cause an extremely boring character.

Besides, Klonoa has a picture of Pac-Man eating a dot in his hat.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wow homs, you could have at least given us more reason to agree than that one statement. Atleast a move-set. . .

But I do actually think that if Namco gets a character in it would probly be between Baten K dude, Klonoa or NightMare. . .I can't see Nightmare getting in personally.(Pac-man is just. . . old, lame (IMO) and when did he last have a game? He could be repped by Klonoa's hat)

JesterBox

Smash Ace
You should put up a picture...like this

He looks like if you ripped Tails' tails off, glued them to his head, dipped him in ink, and threw on some clothes.

Yea he seems pretty cool, a little underground I guess but still cool. Has he been on a Nintendo console?

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
I think Klonoa should be in Brawl to represent Namco. I say Klonoa cuz Pacman would suck.
That's a WHOLE lot of reasons as to "why" he should be on there. He was the main character of his game, but only one has come out, and it looked, "corny". (no offense)
Pacman wouldn't suck, he's the Namco mascot.

Wow homs, you could have at least given us more reason to agree than that one statement. Atleast a move-set. . .
True, and strongly agreed.

But I do actually think that if Namco gets a character in it would probly be between Baten K dude, Klonoa or NightMare. . .I can't see Nightmare getting in personally.(Pac-man is just. . . old, lame (IMO) and when did he last have a game? He could be repped by Klonoa's hat)
I personally believe that Pacman has a better chance, cause he's been in more games, he's the namco mascot, and people just know him more than they know Klonoa. Its fact, y'all..

He looks like if you ripped Tails' tails off, glued them to his head, dipped him in ink, and threw on some clothes.

Yea he seems pretty cool, a little underground I guess but still cool. Has he been on a Nintendo console?
Lol to the first part ! :D
and to the second, no, he hasn't been on a nintendo console. He's only been on the PS2.You'd know this if you knew who he was.

Home console? I don't think so. But he is mainly on the hand helds.
He never had a home console, so no arguments there. He is mainly on handhelds, but is beginning to be on systems now.

To those of you who ask on how many games he's been on (pacman), Here they are, listed in order:
Pac-Man • Ms. • Super • Plus • Baby • Pac & Pal • Jr. • Professor • Pac-Land • Pac-Mania
Pac-Attack • 2: The New Adventures • Pac-In-Time • Arrangement • Collection • Vs. • Pac-Pix

Pac-Man World • World 2 • World 3
Adventures in Time • Maze Madness • Fever • Pac 'n Roll • World Rally

Here are some more, "secret stuff" that he's been in from Wikipedia:

* Sky Kid (1985): Along with Inky, the Special Flag from Rally-X and Pooka from Dig Dug, Pac-Man appears as one of the hidden Namco characters who appear sometimes after blowing up an enemy unit. He is worth 1000 points if picked up.

* Sky Kid Deluxe (1986): Pac-Man's role is exactly the same as in the original Sky Kid.

* Ordyne (1988): After buying a stock bomber from Miyuki Chan's shop or winning one from Dream Co., Ltd., Pac-Man will sit on the front of Ichiro Yutaka Tomari's or Sunday Chin's ship, held in place by a green claw. He sucks in all the enemies' shots and spits them back out at them. The more shots he sucks in, the bigger he becomes and the more powerful the shots he spits out will be.

* Tinkle Pit (1993): After getting the powerup which looks like Pac-Man's face, the nameless protagonist will turn into Pac-Man and all the enemies will turn into ghosts for a short time. He can eat them for bonus points.

* Tekken (1994) and Tekken 2 (1995): If the Number of Wins indicated by option is set to Fruit and you win 40+ fights in Arcade Mode under two players, Pac-Man will appear as an icon.

* Soul Edge (1995): Pac-Man stands on top of the Namco logo after the announcer says the company's name as the camera zooms in on the logo and him over a white background.

* A mod for Doom II was created that could change all of the enemy creatures to Pac-Man characters. All other features of the game remained the same.

* Ridge Racer (2004): Features a grueling Pac Man boss race on a normal Ridge Racer track, after beating Pac-Man you unlock the Pac-Man car.

* A level for Descent 3 multiplayer was created as a tribute to Pac-Man, Pac-Box.

* A ruthless boss in the video game Guild Wars named Glamron would use a skill named Pac-Man. This skill would enable Glamron to rush directly into each of the players it encountered.
yup, he's quite famous. the guy who made him was none other than the original Billy Mitchell.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Yeah, Pacman is more of a mascot, but like I said. . . the hat. Thats where we mainly see Pac now. . . hidden on or in the other characters games from Namco so that hat reps him well IMO.

Put when it comes to 3rd parties. . . .out-side of Sonic, I don't have the slightest clue as to who they will choose. I can personaly see Sora (if theres a KHWii), Klonoa and Ray-man being added seeing as all of them meet the simple rules set for 3rd party characters.

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Pacman is more of a mascot, but like I said. . . the hat. Thats where we mainly see Pac now. . . hidden on or in the other characters games from Namco so that hat reps him well IMO.

Put when it comes to 3rd parties. . . .out-side of Sonic, I don't have the slightest clue as to who they will choose. I can personaly see Sora (if theres a KHWii), Klonoa and Ray-man being added seeing as all of them meet the simple rules set for 3rd party characters.
If anyone from Namco will get in Brawl(not my opinon), it will be Pacman, simply for the fact that:
-people know him the most
-he's the Namco mascot
-he's been in a lot of games (as i listed earlier)

By the way, what does IMO mean? (don't laugh at me please)
Ray-Man has a good chance, considering the games and his popularity, who knows. Klonoa is a runner-up for Namco, but isn't well-known as Pac-man is.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
IMO means "in my opinion", which is redundant since they wrote it.

Pac-Man is more well known but...who cares? He's pretty lame and Klonoa's awesome. That should be enough.

Bowser Jr. 28

Smash Cadet
He would be a cool addition just because he looks cool, but I don't want him taking a non Nintendo character's place like Sonic the Hedgehog

Shadowblind

Smash Rookie
You wanted an attack list? I made this a fe weeks ago:

Klonoa
Strengh: ****
Defense: **
Speed: *****
Recovery: **
Wieght: *
Jumping Distace: ****

Movement and Damage properties

As a cat, Klonoa is very agile. His pace should be rather on the quick side, while dealing an average to slightly above average damage level. However, he should be more poor at taking damage, and can be picked up into the air by most any smash attack.

He would run by how he runs in most to all of the games he appears in, with arms swinging as he runs. As a platformer, Klonoa has many of the properties of a good SSB character already made.

Jumping

As a, uh, cat, he can jump a fair distance in height, as he has the ability to float for a few seconds by flapping his oddly large ears. Klonoa should (as a cat) be able to gain at least a little height on the other characters in jumping.

As for an A Button up attack while in the air, a spin up attack while using his ring (not his fist) to propel the enemy a little higher in the air with the moderate amount of damage for this type of attack.

B Button (while pressing up and in air)
A wind bullet shot up from his ring. Nothing fancy, yet nothing too boring.

A Button (while pressing right or left in the air)
A straight leg kick out to the side. No height is added if hit, but can throw out multiple kicks.

B Button (while pressing right or left in the air)
wind bullet shot in the direction which he is facing. Equal damage to the B mash up.

B Button (while pressing down in the air)
A wind bullet burst. Unlike the wind bullet, this trails down at a decent rate and explodes when it is hit on either an opponant or the ground. If the enemy is directly below Klonoa when he initiates the attack, bursts instantly.

Ground B Attacks
Most of Klonoa's B Attacks will consist of him using his special weapons. That is, his light sword, pick axe, and Magic ring.

B Button (while on the ground and facing straight [right or left])
A wind bullet blast, which temporarly pulls the enemy into his wind bubble (like Kirby's suction attack). When that are in his Ring, he walks rather slow, and can throw them a short distance. If they are thrown into a wall, the blast does a good deal on damage.

B Button up (not smash)
A swipe upward with his light sword.

B Button down (while crouching [not smash])
Swipes toward whichever way he is facing with his light sword.

B Button Smash (while on the ground and facing straight [right or left])
This is a Combo smash. Press B,B,B,B to intiate the full combo.
It begins with the first B with him swiping his energy sword from the ground up.
The second B makes him come from his first swipe to a slash uppercut.
Third B causes him to spin once, causing him to be temporarly vaulnerable. If hit, he must redo the combo.
Forth B, if spin is successful, will cause him to do a powerful straight Jab with his light sword, often knocking his opponants back with force and damage.

B Button down (smash)
Klonoa hovers for a second while he spins his light sword under him.

B Button up (smash)
Klonoa rebound attack. After a double jump, aims down with his ring, bursts a wind bullet that propels him upwards. During this attack, he yells his trademark, "Wahoo!".

A Button Combo (while on the ground and facing straight [right or left])
This is a combo attack. Press A,A,A,A to initiate the full combo.
The first A is a side Jab with the left arm.
Second A is a side Jab with the right arm.
Third A would be an elbow from either of his arms.
Forth A would be palm-push forward.

A button up (no smash)
Basically the same movement as his upwards attack in the air with A.

A button down (no smash)
A trip-spin with his right or left leg.

A button smash (while on the ground and facing straight [right or left])
Klonoa sends a full-force straight punch forward. May not be an exceptionally impressive A smash, but a very effective one, as it often knocks the enemies off their feet.

A button down (smash)
Does a sort of one spin windmill (kicks his legs each way)

A button up (smash)
A double fisted upper punch, often sails enemies high.

SPECIAL (In the case there is one)
Most likely his infamous wind bullet tornado. Although I am not sure how it would work exactly, the tornado would pick enemies off the ground and deal them heavy damage before either throwing them back into the ground or who knows elsewhere.

Throws

Throw Forward
He throws out a wind bullet and traps them. The throw forward would be just like in the game, a straight forward hurl.

Throw Backward
Wind Bullet. He brings them to his back and shoulder bashes them in an uppercut fasion.

Throw Down
Wind Bullet. Klonoa Bashes them straight into the game.

Throw up
Wind Bullet. Gets on his back and kicks them straight upward.

Taunt

Wow this would be funny. Klonoa being a giant furball, making fun of an opponant. I suppose a sorta Kirby like taunt with his signature, "Wahoo!"

Life ICON
It would be Klonoa's signature wind bullet ring.

The Loss pose
He would stand in the background either in a slump or wildly clapping.

Guarding
Klonoa would block with both arms covering his face, and when the shield is broken be in a half-hunched daze.

Klonoa would be a rather fit addition to the Super Smash Bros. community through his styles of fighting. While not too insane on the movements and powerful on the attcks, he maintains a level of elegance as well as fierce battle style.

NOTE: Klonoa has 3 games on Nintendo GBA:

Klonoa Empire of Dreams
Klonoa 2 Dream Champ Tournament
Klonoa Heroes LoSM

Anyone who claims he has been on no Nintendo consoles has yet to look in the GBA aisle. He has 7 games total, the games are the GBAs above and:

Klonoa Vollyball
Klonoa: Door to phantomile(first game , for PSX)
Klonoa Lunateas veil
Klonoa Moonlight Museum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klonoa:_Empire_of_Dreams
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klonoa_2:_Dream_Champ_Tournament
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klonoa_Heroes:_Legend_of_the_Star_Medal

Shadowblind

Smash Rookie
Yep, I own all 7 of his games and is a strong supporter. (Except the wonderswan)

His original look was this, though:

Shadowblind

Smash Rookie
Triple post? Ah well, If there is anything else we can do to try to get'im on Brawl, im all ears...

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Lol to the first part ! :D
and to the second, no, he hasn't been on a nintendo console. He's only been on the PS2.You'd know this if you knew who he was.
Klonoa was on WonderSwan, PSone, PS2 AND GBA,
and made an appearance in one of the "Tales of" games.

Also, Pac-Man makes an appearance as a logo on Klonoa's hat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:

I thynk Klonowa wolud be gr8 in teh SSBB cozhe cna do sum stuffs that othar chareters
mite not b abole 2 do.

Hear is my oringinal post.

KLONOA:

Original game: Kaze no Klonoa (PS1)

Bloody unlikely, I know.
Made by Namco. If Namco doesn't go with Pacman or SC/Tekken, Klonoa is the way to go.
The red costume is inspired by his appearance in Moonlight Museum on the WonderSwan console.

SSJ4Kazuki said:
If Namco requires a rep that isn't Pac Man, it should definitely be Klonoa.

I would be sooooooooo happy if Klonoa was in. Unfortunately, his chances are
right down there with Geno.

Klonoa is basically a Namco mascot. He is a rabbit-cat-thing with huge funny ears.
He carries a wind ring that has this little girl called lolo inside it.
She can come out and trap enemies and inflate them with wind.
She comes out as an orb of energy during gameplay, but comes out
as herself during cutscenes.

They go around collecting elements with some strange yellow dog called popka.

Sounds ********, but it's a thoroughly entertaining game.

Weight: Average to heavy. About Ness. Slow faller.
Jumps: Totally Samus-ified
Medium lag, but some moves have laggy recoil.

A: Punch
A, A: Punch, punch
A, A, A: Punch, punch, kick
A, A, A, A: Punch, punch, kick, wind BULLET.
The wind bullet does 13% and has moderate knockback.
Rinse and repeat.

Utilt: Sweeps hand with wind ring over his head.
A very similar special effect to Zelda's u tilt.
F tilt: Captain Falcon's F-tilt
D tilt: Luigi's taunt

Uair: Headbutt upwards
Dair: Simiar to Ness
Fair: Swings his ears in front of him.
Bair: Fist with wind ring backwards

F smash: A really hard push. Sticks his two hands out in front of him.
17% when fully charged, and strong Knockback.
Usmash: Uppercut with wind ring fist.
20% when charged. Strong knockback, but no horizontal range, like Marth's Usmash.
D smash: A wind bullet circles around him once.
15% when charged. Average Knockback.

B: Wind grab: Uses wind ring to grab enemies. Lolo comes out as an orb
then goes forward a bit then retracts, like Yoshi's tongue. Once an enemy has been
grabbed, Klonoa lifts him/her over his head, and he can carry them a bit.
Once grabbed, A is to throw them forwards with moderate knockback.
They can be thrown downwards to aid recovery pressing B.
Or pressing upB or Jump again after 2 jumps.
Throwing an enemy downwards should count as a meteor, but for
balance sake, I would make it bounce them upwards a little or have a
neutral effect.

UpB: Popka jump. This is the move that player 2 can do in co-op adventure.
It's a magic jump that goes upwards. Lol. It would be like luigi's upB,
but with the damage more evenly spread out throughout the attack.

Side B: Ear flap, gains some height, 7% damage, aids recovery.
On land, It's a Mario cape type. In the air, he does 3 flaps to gain height.
This move works as a reflector. The only problem it it's slow in the air.
If done just above the ground, a ring of dust appears around.

Down B: Pull a random enemey (A bit like Link) Out of his pocket,
and throws it by pressing a or downB again.

Moo (70% chance to get): Can be red or yellow. Thrown like a turnip.
6% for red, 8% for yellow. No knockbat for either.

Colour sparkle-fish Likuri (15% chance to get):
Red = fire
Yellow = electric
Blue = freeze
12% each
Little knockback.

Nothing (3%): Klonoa pulls out nothing from his pocket, looks at his empty
hand and pulls a WTF!? face for about 1/2 a second.

Boomie elephant (2% chance to get): Basically a bob-omb.

His ordinary grab would act like Link's.
Ranged, and can be used to grab ledges.
But it has about half the range, making it a useless technicality for ledges.

His airdodge would be a non-damaging, more subtle version of the ear flap.

Taunt: Throws wind ring up in the air and catches it, saying "Wahoo!"
If this taunt is interupted, the ring will continue to fall, but cannot be picked up
and will rematerialise in Klonoa's hand as soon as it touches the ground.

Stage: Probably Volk Factory or La-Looshka.

Kirby hat: the Pac-man cap that Klonoa wears.

Shadowblind

Smash Rookie
Agreed, and Klonoa has made guest starring on many games as well, such as Namco X Capcom and Moto GP.

Itchi

Smash Cadet
I love Klonoa! I really don't know why Namco put out Klonoa works. I think people didn't give him enough attention. But yeah, his Ear float would work great for a floating survival type of attack. :)

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Well, they'll most likely put 3rd party characters in if they've been on a Nintneo Console, and Klonoa's been on the Game Boy Advance THREE times!

I really hope Klonoa is in! Fingers crossed! Klonoa for Brawl!

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
This is probably my favorite third-party character idea yet. Klonoa's simple yet likable presence makes him a perfect fit with Nintendo's cast of all-stars. Plus, Klonoa games are excellent and very Kirby-esque, which is probably the greatest compliment I could give to a platformer series. Great character!

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
klonoa's a cat? i thought he was a dog.......
anyway, i would chose either klonoa, or Cless/Cress, im more on Cless, seeing as he is namco's older character, and is the first from the "tales of series" his game was tales of phantasia, which was on the snes btw. so iim more on cless getting in. if not cless, klonoa, if not those two, then valkyrie, if not her, then bla bla bla.............

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yep. I like Klonoa, simply because of the style and the spirit and such. Can't say I ever played his games, but hey.
And he's not a cat per se, he's... a fictional species somewhere between cats and dogs and stuff.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
If anyone from Namco will get in Brawl(not my opinon), it will be Pacman, simply for the fact that:
-people know him the most
-he's the Namco mascot
-he's been in a lot of games (as i listed earlier)

By the way, what does IMO mean? (don't laugh at me please)
Ray-Man has a good chance, considering the games and his popularity, who knows. Klonoa is a runner-up for Namco, but isn't well-known as Pac-man is.
the thing is that in the majority of pacman's games, he was a head that ate little balls and ran away from ghosts. and then when he got arms and legs, all he did was booty slam his enemies.

with klonoa, as said earlier, you have an easier time making a moveset. this isn't to say that a pacman moveset is impossible, its just that klonoa would be easier

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
There is pretty much no chance of Klonoa being in, but I can always dream. Honestly, I think the only other two 3rd party characters will be Megaman and Sonic. =/

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
nah, it will be a hudson character like bomberman or master higgins, and then either sonic or geno

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I don't see how that makes sense. If there are only going to be TWO more characters, this is how I look at it. Sonic was Mario's ultimate Rival. The bitter rivalry of the 80s-90s final came to a close when Sony ripped Sega apart and made Sonic a franction of his former self. Since Sonic has such a big history with Nintendo and has appeared on Gamecube, he is a shoe in. Megaman started on the NES with 7 titles. Then he came out with almost 10 titles on SNES (rough estimate). He has appeared on Nintendo systems many many times. He is a very popular icon that's been around since the 80s. He has been in many many many games and most have appeared on Nintendo systems. He also is from a platformer which makes him perfect. Bomberman and Master higgins are less important to Nintendo history and are less popular. They have almost no chance. If there was a Hudson character, it'd be bonk. He was only on the VC and a gamecube remake. And Geno wouldn't be counted as a 3rd party character even if he technically is, because he was part of the Mario Franchise.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
dude, bomberman is so much better than bonk. he fought wario, which gives him a place in the mario universe, and his recent games haven't sucked as bad as megaman's (sept fo the 360 which don't count). plus bomberman has been in over 60 games, doesn't have to compete with all the other capcom characters like megaman, offers a new style of play to smash bros, and doesn't have 800 different versions of the same character like megaman. he also has just as many if not more fans then megaman, and has been around longer than megaman

and it can also be argued that hudson has better relations with nintendo than capcom

Shadowblind

Smash Rookie
There is pretty much no chance of Klonoa being in, but I can always dream. Honestly, I think the only other two 3rd party characters will be Megaman and Sonic. =/
Why doesn't he? If im right, I hear they're putting in over 100 characters in SSBB. I think he has a pretty good chance.

Where on earth did you hear 2?

Shadowblind

Smash Rookie
Ok, correct me.

You said two new characters.

Zero Suit samus, Pit, and Wario already makes 3.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
Nevertheless, if Pacman were to be included in Brawl, I can't help but think he would become a joke character like Mr/ G&W. The only thing I've even seen the **** thing do is eat, and eat, and eat, and eat, drive a go kart, and eat, and eat. Atleast Kirby turns into something, LOL> I feel as though Klonoa would be a far superior choice simply because of his dynamics...let's think about it. A long eared cat or a tennis ball, who wins? I don't care who's the most popular, I care about how much I would enjoy playing with the characters in question. I just don't see it happening with Pacman....

Fawriel

Smash Master
Pacman is a gaming icon.

And that he should stay.

An icon.

On Klonoa's cap.

Case closed! ( Klonoa for Brawl! )

Top Bottom