• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kitchener-Waterloo Melee Interest

Hasnotalent

Smash Rookie
Gauging curiosity on whether anyone would be interested in Bi-weekly/Monthly melee only skirmishes or tournaments. As far as location goes I own a property on Gage ave in Kitchener, but size would be an issue depending on how many people would want to come out. I'm relatively new to the whole scene, so the purpose of the gatherings would be primarily to play against other players in the area for practice, however if there was an interest in an actual tournament it could probably be arranged. I noticed the UW tournaments and this would be separate and in addition.

The whole idea would likely be less structured than the UW stuff, but it seemed like an alright idea to meet players in the area and get better practice in.

Basically, would anyone in the area be interested, and any questions, comments and advice would be much appreciated. This isn't anything solid, just an idea.

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
We have a pretty decent community out here, you should definitely come out to one of our smashfests / tournaments at UW (should be starting up again soon, also a possible tourney on the 12th).

A bunch of us also randomly play at people's places, and if you were to host I'm sure at least a few people would come down and play.

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
loool I used to go to the dune campus Conestoga. I'd be down to attend on Gage if you guys host on days I am available; but as Acidile says, Waterloo currently HAS a community and gets visitors from other regions sometimes. Today is our third (would have been fourth) monthly now.

Mysteek

Smash Cadet
Let's not forget there's a tournament tomorrow. Great way to meet people and establish yourself within the community as well. Weird that I'm saying this, cause I probably won't go to it.

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
Let's not forget there's a tournament tomorrow. Great way to meet people and establish yourself within the community as well. Weird that I'm saying this, cause I probably won't go to it.
you should come! I know a lot of people are schooljohning etc, but if you just come by for singles in the early afternoon, it's just a few hours for a good smash break =)

Hasnotalent

Smash Rookie
I(Todd) went to the UW tourney on the 12th, it was nice to meet you guys, it was a pretty cool experience. The problem is most of you seem to live near UW so it's kinda a ******* to get out there just for a few matches here and there. But if anyone lives closer to me, and is interested in some friendlies/making me less bad, that'd be pretty awesome.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
it's what you gotta do for a passion towards a game tho lol

sometimes there's no other option but to drive 10-20 minutes to the closest person to play

if you're in kitchener, got your own car, then travelling to loo should be no big deal

i would've been at that tourney if i didn't have a midterm =p

Top Bottom