• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Throw Combos and who they work on

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
So I was hoping to get a list of all of Kirby's low% throw combos and the variations used depending on

I know he has the Gonzo Combo and Dthrow -> Utilt -> Sex combos. But i've had people occasions where the cpu has jumped out or powershielded at various points of the Gonzo combo, and if the CPU can, a person can. I've had heavies powershield the uair, yoshi can nair, and a misc jump outs.

So is it just my timing is bad or are there variations i need need to perform to get guaranteed results?

The_Prince

Smash Cadet
hmmm. looks like you have to start mixing the combos up. Dthrow to Utilt will become predictable, but if you mix it up to something like Fthrow to Fair, beautiful things will happen.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
I've seen D-throw->Air Hammer done on space animals sometimes.

and if the CPU can, a person can.
No. CPUs can powershield or dodge stuff outta nowhere. Had a Level 9 powershield Lucario's N-air (which has almost no startup lag) the frame it came out.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The game has been out for 10 months, and since then, people have learned to DI better and escape these combos with very fast moves.

Fthrow->uair still works against almost every character in the game, but when you think about it, that's only 18% damage, and only from 0% or close to it. There are moves that do more than 18% by themselves.

Dthrow->utilt should not work on most opponents that DI up + jump + airdodge. Maybe some of the heavier characters (and especially Fox/Falco/Wolf)

Granted, there are some characters that are fastfallers, or are big enough that they can be comboed easily, but I no longer know enough to say which ones are guaranteed or not. Like, Fthrow->uair->reverse utilt on Donkey Kong...will that work? I know one time a Donkey Kong powershielded my reverse utilt, and then killed me with Dsmash before I hit him with Bair.

And I was like what?

And fthrow->uair->regrab probably won't work either, if the DK has good DI.

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
The fact that a CPU can powershield a Fthrow -> Uair at 0% means somebody who knows its coming and shields the instant they hit the ground will be able to at least shield the uair also.

I'd like to try compiling a list of all grab combos and variants and the %%'s and characters they work on.

Lets start with DK?

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
Its usually the heavies like DDD that can shield the UAir so i guess dthrow -> utilt chain works better on them since they're too heavy to really jump out of it.

Glick

Smash Lord
Well heavys and fast fallers, when they can sheild up air you should do a Dthrow chain first to ring up damage. One will do, however with characters like fox, you should be doing the dthrow more then once.

Top Bottom