• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Kirby's Pondering Curse - Kirby Q&A/FAQ/Directory [CHECK HERE BEFORE MAKING A NEW THREAD]

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Since Sakurai decided to make the Hammer a charge move, I've been having trouble adapting to it. In Brawl, I would use Hammer a lot in the air to punish enemies but in Sm4sh is a little harder to hit because it takes longer to swing despite using an uncharged one. There is also the fact that an uncharged version is slightly weaker than the one in Brawl.

Either way, I want to use this move effectively so any tips?

I've managed to punish a couple of times with it by reading a roll or an air dodge, and boy it's one of the most satisfying feelings ever.
The Brawl's Hammer is a Custom Move as Hammer Bash. So if you can use Custom Moves, there you go. Anyways...

That's pretty much it. You can also use it against opponent's recovery like Fox, Villagers, probably Diddy if you time it right. Or against someone you know is going to Spot Dodge. Charge Hammer is fun but situational. You just need to teach your opponent to respect the Hammer! Here are a few notes...
  • It takes 3 seconds to Fully Charge the Hammer and start taking recoil damage. Each second increases the Hammer Damage and KO Power -- killing Mario from 110% to 50% on the ground. The move is, of course, weaker in the air.
  • Recoil damage from Hammer stop at 100%. So once you at 101% or over you do not take damage.
  • You can walk, jump, and turn around (but turning is slow) when Charging.
  • During the Full Charge Swing, you have super armor. But only in the swing. If you are hit anytime before you swing the Flaming Hammer, you lose it. Timing is key.
With this information you have to make the move work and abuse what your opponent does not know. From my experience, it is best to Jump backwards with the Charged Hammer than to Turn Around (since it is slow - dancing is fun though). The Full Charged and Uncharged Swing can hit players on the hanging on the ledge and the hitbox sort of linger for moment. So the 1 Frame Ledge Hit might work (http://smashboards.com/threads/ledge-snap-vulnerability-edge-guarding-tech-video.383410/) (Dsmash is more consistent though). Of course, decent level players will not get hit by a Charged Hammer. This is where mind games come in and why I suggest trade blows with their recovery or mess with their ledge options.

Overall, you are not the only person trying to get Hammer Flip to work. If only it can break shields... actually, I sort of feel it does. It must be timing or a sweet spot. Bonker the Hammer Boss can break shields and our animation is the same. Perhaps, the moves was too broken to break shield and got scraped. I do not know. I am not going to stop using the Hammer until I contribute something or anything to the Kirby Community. I wish you luck fellow star warrior.

Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
I've been hearing that Kirby's F-Throw can lead into combos at earlier percentages, but I believe might have been before the return of DI in version 1.04 and the Wii U version. I can't seem to get any kind of follow-up from F-Throw at all whenever I try it. Does it still work in this version? Or does the presence of DI mess up the follow-ups now?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
If they're at lowish % (like 20 or so) and you followup fthrow with a jump, you may be able to force an air dodge. I believe this is harder if they DI away so yeah. Basically just use it if you want to send them forward. He has no true combos from throws aside from bthrow bair, and occasionally with some copy powers, like fthrow (insert projectile here)

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Another one, how do you integrate Stone in your playstyle?

I used this move a lot in Brawl and I liked the fact that it could create a shockwave next to the opponent. The transformation process is nowhere as fast as it was in 64 (where it was instant) so it's a bit difficult to hit someone with it.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Another one, how do you integrate Stone in your playstyle?

I used this move a lot in Brawl and I liked the fact that it could create a shockwave next to the opponent. The transformation process is nowhere as fast as it was in 64 (where it was instant) so it's a bit difficult to hit someone with it.
On some recoveries that can't sweetspot the ledge and take a while to finish the animation, like ike, stone is a good tool to cause extra damage and possibly a kill.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
On some recoveries that can't sweetspot the ledge and take a while to finish the animation, like ike, stone is a good tool to cause extra damage and possibly a kill.
Yes, indeed. Although I was thinking of how to apply it more on stage to take advantage of it's shield breaking capabilities.

Anyways, I just came from practicing with Kirby online for a bit and I think I've managed to apply it successfully against decent opponents. By using Kirby's Bairs and Dairs to poke opponents' shields you can condition them to put it up when they expect another aerial from you; if you manage to get a read on them and "see" where they are going to be standing in order to block your aerial, you can try surprising them with Stone instead.
Because you teach your foe to fear the Dair which is a multihit move they will block it rather than spot-dodging it, just remember to transform just above their heads like at footstool distance. I used it like this against a high-level G&W and managed to break his shield. Also, in order to guarantee a Shield Break I poke them once with Bair or Dair beforehand. It's pretty neat to use if you get good at your neutral game.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Yes, indeed. Although I was thinking of how to apply it more on stage to take advantage of it's shield breaking capabilities.

Anyways, I just came from practicing with Kirby online for a bit and I think I've managed to apply it successfully against decent opponents. By using Kirby's Bairs and Dairs to poke opponents' shields you can condition them to put it up when they expect another aerial from you; if you manage to get a read on them and "see" where they are going to be standing in order to block your aerial, you can try surprising them with Stone instead.
Because you teach your foe to fear the Dair which is a multihit move they will block it rather than spot-dodging it, just remember to transform just above their heads like at footstool distance. I used it like this against a high-level G&W and managed to break his shield. Also, in order to guarantee a Shield Break I poke them once with Bair or Dair beforehand. It's pretty neat to use if you get good at your neutral game.
When u are trying to land on the stage, bait a Usmash or utilt with a jump, then use stone

Unknownkid

Smash Lord

Woah! That is clever! Why didn't I think of that?
Anyways, I used it like Salad Bowl's suggestion. Also when someone tries to follow up into an U-air. But now I'm going to test your technique.

Pro tip - When you hit someone with Stone from the air, you hit him/her with two hitboxes - The initial hit then the ground pound hit. Anytime you connect with a hit (any hit - like on balloon in Smashville), not only do you break out of stone immediately but now the transformation animation is much faster. This leads to people whiffing their grabs and getting Bair. Its kind of fun.

Also, Charged Hammer does a lot of damage to shield. I might do a shield analysis for Hammer and Stone during the weekend.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Does anyone know Kirby's perfect pivot distance with Monado speed activated?
Yeah I tested it, it's 5.5, same as Captain Falcon's.

I almost exclusively use Stone offstage because it's actually a really good edgeguarding option, when you force your opponent to recover low. Thanks to Stone, Kirby is decent at pressuring high and low at (almost) the same time.

I should practice it but I generally just assumed Bair was unsafe on shield. I know Stone can break shields if both hits land and their shield is already slightly weakened, but idk how reliable this is. For example, Bowser Bomb can break a full shield if the downward and then the grounded hits both land, but I've been able to shield the downward hit and then release for the grounded hit without taking any damage, so it's not a reliable shieldbreaker. I wonder if Stone is similar? It seems unnecessarily risky either way.

(I'm going to Apex so I need to figure out the safest options to use at any given moment and practice them, heh)

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
@ Asdioh Asdioh bait an Usmash or utilt. It's a good way to punish someone's impatience. Also if you go against a ike, punish him recovering with it. I've seen what you can do with kirby and lemme say that I think u can go pretty far in apex. You can do it. Chudat is there too if he still plays kirby.

What do you guys think kirbys tier list position will be

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Right now, I think Kirby is mid tier. He has more tools than most of the other "low tier" characters, so he seems to fare better.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Right now, I think Kirby is mid tier. He has more tools than most of the other "low tier" characters, so he seems to fare better.
I would've said my opinion but u legit just took the words out of my mouth but I just hate how underrated he is

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What do you guys think kirbys tier list position will be
I have mixed feelings. I thought he was solid mid tier at first, at least as good as he was in Brawl. But then I realized most of the bad characters from Brawl got better, and most of the good characters remained pretty good, and Kirby just kind of... stayed the same. By process of elimination he might be low tier.

However, I don't think Kirby has matchups as bad as he did in Brawl. Let's look here: http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Kirby_(SSBB)#In_competitive_play
I don't know how accurate/up to date that is (it lists Snake as 2nd best so it must be based on an old tier list) but he had some bad matchups. A good number of 40:60s and Ice Climbers being an awful matchup. I believe Olimar was much worse than 40:60 as well, Kirby could not do anything in that matchup. Overall though, he didn't have any impressive matchups there. I believe they look better in this game. Even if he doesn't have any amazing matchups with high tiers, I think he does well against some of them, at least relatively even.

When I think about fighting with Kirby, I don't usually get the impression that he has major weaknesses, outside of one glaring problem, which I'll mention in a bit.

Neutral: When opponents are right in his face, he has good options. He has attacks that come out quick and have acceptable range, whether his opponent's behind him or in front of him. Stuff like jab, ftilt, dtilt, grab, bair. When opponents are at a medium distance, he has viable "footsies." His empty shorthop fastfalls are quick enough that they are hard to react to, and he has good aerials and tilts to pressure with. When opponents are at a long distance, his small height and multiple jumps make him pretty good at weaving through projectile walls. Copy abilities possibly even put him at an advantage here.

Advantage: When opponents are above him, he has a very nice upair and uptilt to threaten with. When opponents are offstage, he has a ton of very strong edgeguarding options, he just has to get in their head and figure out how to use his tools successfully.

Disadvantage: When opponents are below him, he has multiple jumps to avoid pressure, and a reasonably quick Nair/Bair to counter with. When he's recovering, he has the ability to stall and wait for attacks thanks to his multiple jumps, and he can also use those to airdodge multiple times, so he can be relatively safe. Your opponent also has to respect Inhale/Dair/etc because those can quickly turn their edgeguard attempts into a stock loss for them.

Kirby's real struggle from what I've seen is against characters that can run away quickly and toss projectiles nonstop. Yoshi, Link, and Toon Link come to mind. Link has the most notable weakness out of these (easily gimpable recovery) but all 3 characters, and possibly others, are ridiculously good at running away and throwing crap at you. It's kind of like Ganondorf... he's even weaker against those types, due to his slower speed and bigger model, but once he does catch up with them, he hits HARD, and he kills early. Kirby doesn't have quite as extreme of a strength, because he usually has to get 3-4 hits in to equal one of Ganondorf's heavy hits. When you're against those characters that run away while still threatening you like that, you will need to read them very hard to make up for all the inevitable damage you'll take from their constant spam.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
I have mixed feelings. I thought he was solid mid tier at first, at least as good as he was in Brawl. But then I realized most of the bad characters from Brawl got better, and most of the good characters remained pretty good, and Kirby just kind of... stayed the same. By process of elimination he might be low tier.

However, I don't think Kirby has matchups as bad as he did in Brawl. Let's look here: http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Kirby_(SSBB)#In_competitive_play
I don't know how accurate/up to date that is (it lists Snake as 2nd best so it must be based on an old tier list) but he had some bad matchups. A good number of 40:60s and Ice Climbers being an awful matchup. I believe Olimar was much worse than 40:60 as well, Kirby could not do anything in that matchup. Overall though, he didn't have any impressive matchups there. I believe they look better in this game. Even if he doesn't have any amazing matchups with high tiers, I think he does well against some of them, at least relatively even.

When I think about fighting with Kirby, I don't usually get the impression that he has major weaknesses, outside of one glaring problem, which I'll mention in a bit.

Neutral: When opponents are right in his face, he has good options. He has attacks that come out quick and have acceptable range, whether his opponent's behind him or in front of him. Stuff like jab, ftilt, dtilt, grab, bair. When opponents are at a medium distance, he has viable "footsies." His empty shorthop fastfalls are quick enough that they are hard to react to, and he has good aerials and tilts to pressure with. When opponents are at a long distance, his small height and multiple jumps make him pretty good at weaving through projectile walls. Copy abilities possibly even put him at an advantage here.

Advantage: When opponents are above him, he has a very nice upair and uptilt to threaten with. When opponents are offstage, he has a ton of very strong edgeguarding options, he just has to get in their head and figure out how to use his tools successfully.

Disadvantage: When opponents are below him, he has multiple jumps to avoid pressure, and a reasonably quick Nair/Bair to counter with. When he's recovering, he has the ability to stall and wait for attacks thanks to his multiple jumps, and he can also use those to airdodge multiple times, so he can be relatively safe. Your opponent also has to respect Inhale/Dair/etc because those can quickly turn their edgeguard attempts into a stock loss for them.

Kirby's real struggle from what I've seen is against characters that can run away quickly and toss projectiles nonstop. Yoshi, Link, and Toon Link come to mind. Link has the most notable weakness out of these (easily gimpable recovery) but all 3 characters, and possibly others, are ridiculously good at running away and throwing crap at you. It's kind of like Ganondorf... he's even weaker against those types, due to his slower speed and bigger model, but once he does catch up with them, he hits HARD, and he kills early. Kirby doesn't have quite as extreme of a strength, because he usually has to get 3-4 hits in to equal one of Ganondorf's heavy hits. When you're against those characters that run away while still threatening you like that, you will need to read them very hard to make up for all the inevitable damage you'll take from their constant spam.
I still think he's midtier due to MUs. He has even MUs across the board, the bad MUs from brawl got better and are maybe even now. He got a decent buff from brawl. He may have one of the best combo games in this game. His copy ability also helps with many MUs, like dedede, shulk, and some projectile users. He's a solid mid tier imo and maybe high until someone discovers more about him. Before Nairo used zelda people referred to her as a bottom tier this game and now people think she's high.

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I still think he's midtier due to MUs. He has even MUs across the board, the bad MUs from brawl got better and are maybe even now. He got a decent buff from brawl. He may have one of the best combo games in this game. His copy ability also helps with many MUs, like dedede, shulk, and some projectile users. He's a solid mid tier imo and maybe high until someone discovers more about him. Before Nairo used people referred to her as a bottom tier this game and now people think she's high.
You are referring to Nairo's Zelda?

Kirbymeister

Smash Cadet
NNID
hazzahbazzah
3DS FC
3823-8971-1294
I'm using dair meteor smash a lot when I practice against CPUs, is this actually going to be useful when I find humans to play the game with?
from personal experience, dair is quite useful.
I can't really say from a competitive standpoint, but when it comes to things like For Glory, Kirby's dair definitely has it's merits. (if you can, try combining the meteor with a footstool jump, or even another dair. it might seem like a predictable tactic, but it's devastating if done well.)

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Something has been on my mind for a while and I believe this is the right place to ask this:

We all know about Stale Moves and B-air kills at 110-140% depending on distance and freshness. It is wise to abuse B-Air to rack up damage or use it sparingly/save it for when it is KO Time?

I noticed Diddy players don't appear to care as much and use Up-Air to some degree until they finally get a kill. However, for Kirby or a character without Reliable Kill Options, what is your opinion on this? From a competitive standpoint. Thank you!

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Don't worry about stale moves too much in this game. You know about the queue of 9-10 moves or whatever it is, right? As long as you haven't used Bair like 3 times in a row to get them to KO percent, it won't be a big deal, especially with rage. Even then, it's pretty easy to refresh your moves with pummels and quick moves.

Kirbymeister

Smash Cadet
NNID
hazzahbazzah
3DS FC
3823-8971-1294
Something has been on my mind for a while and I believe this is the right place to ask this:

We all know about Stale Moves and B-air kills at 110-140% depending on distance and freshness. It is wise to abuse B-Air to rack up damage or use it sparingly/save it for when it is KO Time?

I noticed Diddy players don't appear to care as much and use Up-Air to some degree until they finally get a kill. However, for Kirby or a character without Reliable Kill Options, what is your opinion on this? From a competitive standpoint. Thank you!
well, as someone who uses Kirby often, I'd definitely say B-air is a reliable technique. however, using it too much can make your approach predictable, so what I tend to do is a short hopped D-air to rack up damage, followed with a few U-tilts, and then a B-air.
as for when to use B-air the most, I'd recommend using it when your opponent is knocked off-stage. as a chain, it definitely has it's merits, and using it as an "attack-jump-attack-jump" style combo can really pay off.

personally, when it comes to Diddy players using U-air, perhaps try baiting them. for instance:
Let's assume I'm in a match against a Diddy player, who is using his U-air in such a manner. now, if I'm falling, and I think he's going to use U-air, I'd bait him by getting close and then jump, causing his U-air to miss. then, I'd recommend trying a Fast-Fall combined with a D-air for Punishing. if I landed, I'd try to combine the D-air with a few U-tilts, then either a short-hopped U-air, B-air, or even another D-air if possible.

however, I myself have yet to fight a Diddy player in this manner, so this approach has not been tested.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I see. Okay. Yeah, I know about the queue. It was 8 moves I believe. Thank you! It was something that was on my mind for awhile.

Kirbymeister

Smash Cadet
NNID
hazzahbazzah
3DS FC
3823-8971-1294
I need help to beat little mac
he is just too ****ing fast lol
what I do is pretty simple, so I can't guarantee it will work in tournaments, but all I do is lure Little Mac over to the edge, sidestep in case I think he'll dash attack, then punish him with a B-throw, followed with a B-air or D-air. (if you choose the latter, fast-fall then footstool him, and you should get an easy K.O)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
personally, when it comes to Diddy players using U-air, perhaps try baiting them. for instance:
Let's assume I'm in a match against a Diddy player, who is using his U-air in such a manner. now, if I'm falling, and I think he's going to use U-air, I'd bait him by getting close and then jump, causing his U-air to miss. then, I'd recommend trying a Fast-Fall combined with a D-air for Punishing. if I landed, I'd try to combine the D-air with a few U-tilts, then either a short-hopped U-air, B-air, or even another D-air if possible.

however, I myself have yet to fight a Diddy player in this manner, so this approach has not been tested.
That would work if diddy's upair pretended to be a balanced move, but it doesn't. I can guarantee the endlag of his upair is too short, and the startup lag of our Dair is too long. Bair or Nair MIGHT work, but being above Diddy in the air is not where you want to be. Although you don't really want to be anywhere against him, since he can even use Upair as a grounded approach.

Also the little mac post you quoted is from october 1st.

Kirbymeister

Smash Cadet
NNID
hazzahbazzah
3DS FC
3823-8971-1294
That would work if diddy's upair pretended to be a balanced move, but it doesn't. I can guarantee the endlag of his upair is too short, and the startup lag of our Dair is too long. Bair or Nair MIGHT work, but being above Diddy in the air is not where you want to be. Although you don't really want to be anywhere against him, since he can even use Upair as a grounded approach.
well, that's not good....
like I said, the combo had not been tested, so I wasn't sure if it would have worked. I'll take your advice into account. thanks!
(Perhaps I should do more hitbox research. more online For Glory matches might help too.)

Kirbymeister

Smash Cadet
NNID
hazzahbazzah
3DS FC
3823-8971-1294
Any "Bread-and-butter" combos that you guys think are particularly useful?
Also, is a short hopped D-air into U-tilt combo reliable?

Ansou

Smash Ace
NNID
Ansoulom
3DS FC
4897-5959-9210
Any "Bread-and-butter" combos that you guys think are particularly useful?
Also, is a short hopped D-air into U-tilt combo reliable?
Short hopped d-air is never really reliable as the opponent can easily shield it, but if you manage to surprise your opponent with it, then I would say d-air -> u-tilt works pretty well, at least if you land behind your opponent. I don't think it's a true combo though.

Last edited:

EonGenesis

Smash Cadet
Question: I'm looking for a high res picture of the 8th Kirby alternate costume that looks like meta knight without the mask in SSB4.
I really want to make a custom amiibo for myself, could someone give me a video of how to make customs?

I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks!!

Altair357

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Altair357
3DS FC
5284-1411-2846
Question: I'm looking for a high res picture of the 8th Kirby alternate costume that looks like meta knight without the mask in SSB4.
I really want to make a custom amiibo for myself, could someone give me a video of how to make customs?

I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks!!
Here's a high res render of the alt.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Do any of Kirby's moves have disjointed hitboxes? I think that all his kicking (cute little feet!) moves extend his hurtbox as well.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
yes/no/maybe

http://pastebin.com/NJ4Q5PzU first of all, here's the frame data for all characters' normal moves. Kirby has very good frame (well, at least ... pretty good? If his jab was frame 2 I think that would be fantastic and well-deserved, looking at Sheik's frame data is disgusting) data on grab and all grounded moves except dash attack. His aerials have decent frames, but nothing impressive. His fastest aerial, Bair, coming out on frame 6 is pretty bad, when compared to Diddy's frame 3 Upair and other frame 3s like Villager/Yoshi Nair. Dair is one of the slowest aerials in the game, even Bowser's slowest aerial is faster.

Anyway, here http://pastebin.com/PzTjdtx8 is a list of a bunch of frame crap. If you control+F and type "Kirby" you'll find his stuff. You'll see that his uptilt, upsmash, and dsmash have "partial invincibility." I'm trying to test these, not finished yet. You can use bob-ombs to test invincible limbs/disjoints, like seen here. So far, I easily tested Kirby's upsmash (put a bomb on battlefield's platform, upsmash it from below, you blow it up every time and never take damage, so at LEAST the tip of Kirby's feet are invincible during upsmash)
I managed to get Uptilt to blow up a bomb on a slant once thus far, without taking damage, so yes at least part of his feet are invincible during that move, and I haven't gotten Dsmash to work yet, so I don't know what exactly is invincible during that part. It might be just the top of his head or something, who knows. Going to test more now :O

Triple R

Smash Lord
Not sure if it helps Asdioh, but in Melee Kirby had invincibility on his legs on the very early frames. Maybe similar in smash 4. Maybe check out Kirby's frames gifs to see what I mean.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I keep hearing that Kirby has Good Frame Data and I guess I see that. I do not see it translate well in actual gameplay. Perhaps, I am play Kirby incorrectly.
well, he has a frame 3 jab (average) and frame 5/4/4 tilts (quite good.) His frame 6 grab seems to be as fast it gets. When someone is in your face, you have pretty good, fast options. Frame 4 uptilt or dtilt can start a combo, frame 3 jab has a finisher that sends people far even at 0%, and frame 6 grab is good, plus a top tier pummel and the option to send people back, up, or forward.
His smashes come out ... well, I guess they're kinda average. Unfortunately. 13 fsmash, 14 upsmash, 10 dsmash. Meanwhile Diddy is 12/5/6... and unfortunately Kirby's smashes are among the easiest to punish when shielded. Most smashes are, but his don't have anything exceptional, aside from decent KO power on all 3 smashes. Most characters have at least 1 smash that doesn't have significant KO power (Diddy's Dsmash and Sheik's Dsmash are pretty weak?)

His aerials are honestly underwhelming in speed, considering how easy to beat they are since they're all part of his hurtbox. 10 Nair, 10 Fair, 6 Bair, 10 Upair, 18 Dair. Like I said, Dair is among the slowest aerials in the game.

Not sure if it helps Asdioh, but in Melee Kirby had invincibility on his legs on the very early frames. Maybe similar in smash 4. Maybe check out Kirby's frames gifs to see what I mean.
Idk. I can confirm that Kirby DOES have intangibility on uptilt/upsmash/dsmash, but it's hard to say exactly where. The best I could do so far was attack Bob-ombs. The tips of his feet on all 3 attacks seem to be invincible, but it's hard to say exactly how much of his feet, or if there's any invincibility anywhere else, without seeing a debug mode type thing, or having specific attacks hit specific locations. I tried other bombs, gooey bombs seem the same as bobombs, but motion sensor bombs seem to have a bigger explosion that hit him every time? idk

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Most characters have at least 1 smash that doesn't have significant KO power (Diddy's Dsmash and Sheik's Dsmash are pretty weak?)

Idk. I can confirm that Kirby DOES have intangibility on uptilt/upsmash/dsmash, but it's hard to say exactly where.
Diddy's D-smash is weak in the front and strong on the backswing (like Meta Knight's), so I would hesitate to call 'pretty weak'.

If Kirby's D-smash is anything like it was in past games (and I just assume it is exactly the same since he really hasn't changed much) then I would check the same frames/locations for invincibility. That is to say, his feet as he spins.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Q: Can stone be platform cancelled to make it transform faster?
Q: Stone used on a platform for me will sometimes go through..how dis work?

Chef Kirby

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Kirby-Cook
No I don't think so
I think you probably accidentally drop a tiny bit through the platform before you use stone because it cant go through a platform

Last edited:

Triple R

Smash Lord
So someone answers your questions.

1. Your question is kinda vague. Are you talking about running to the edge of a platform and then stoning to fall off? If you run to the edge of a platform then down b, from what i've seen you can get grounded transformation speed and fall off. Pretty sure i've seen MikeKirby do this. Haven't tested it myself in smash 4 yet. If you're talking about something else, not sure.

2. You probably are doing what the other person suggested. Unless you can give an specific platform as an example. You press down to do rock, but you fall through the platform before actually pressing b.

Top Bottom