• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Matchup Rankings

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
I feel that I need to be spending my time on more important things rather than arguing with kids about a video game. Therefore, I won't be running any more matchup debates or reviews. If someone wants to keep up the weekly reviews, feel free, if you drop me a PM every week or so I can update things here on the first page.

After spending some time around these forums, I have found that emphasis on a character's match-ups, along with tournament results, dictates whether a character is viewed as good or bad. To get a better perception of how our favorite little fluffball fits in the mix, I think it is worth our time to sit down and look at his matchups.

After looking at the work-in-progress match-up chart being worked out, I saw a few matchups for Kirby that were very questionable. I encourage you all to take a look for yourselves here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=157979. The purpose of this thread is to determine good and bad match-ups for Kirby to aid in the creation of a correct match-up chart.

Weekly Character Reviews:

• Week #1: King Dedede <pg.22 - pg.25> Conclusion: 55-45
  • Week #2: Falco <pg.25> Conclusion: 55-45

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way I look at it, rankings can be defined as the following:

• 100: A player of vastly less skill should easily win against the most skilled player
  • 90's: A player of less skill should easily win against the most skilled player
  • 80's: On similar skill levels, the advantaged character should easily win
  • 70's: On similar skill levels, the advantaged character should win, but the disadvantaged has a slight chance of upset due to minor redeeming qualities
  • 60's: On similar skill levels, the advantaged character should win, but the disadvantaged has a greater chance of upset due to major redeeming qualities
  • 50's: On similar skill levels, the match should be very close, and the player with most skill should win

By "easily win," I'm thinking a 3-stock win most of the time, which sounds major, but after all it is called a "major advantage" for a reason ;)

Kirby's Match-ups (Kirby-Enemy)

:bowser2:Bowser: 70-30
:falcon:Captain Falcon: 80-20
:charizard:Charizard: 60-40
:diddy:Diddy Kong: 60-40
:dk2:Donkey Kong: 50-50
:falco:Falco: 55-45
:fox:Fox: 70-30
:gw:Game and Watch: 40-60
:ganondorf:Ganondorf: 60-40
:popo:Ice Climbers: 40-60
:ike:Ike: 70-30
:ivysaur:Ivysaur: 70-30
:jigglypuff:Jigglypuff: 65-35
:dedede:King Dedede: 55-45
:link2:Link: 70-30
:lucario:Lucario: 45-55
:lucas:Lucas: 50-50
:luigi2:Luigi: 55-45
:mario2:Mario: 45-55
:marth:Marth: 30-70
:metaknight:Meta Knight: 45-55
:ness2:Ness: 50-50
:olimar:Olimar: 60-40
:peach:Peach: 50-50
:pikachu2:Pikachu: 50-50
:pit:Pit: 45-55
:rob:R.O.B.: 35-65
:samus2:Samus: 40-60
:shiek:Sheik: 60-40
:snake:Snake: 30-70
:sonic:Sonic: 60-40
:squirtle:Squirtle: 50-50
:toonlink:Toon Link: 60-40
:wario:Wario: 45-55
:wolf:Wolf: 60-40
:yoshi2:Yoshi: 50-50
:zelda:Zelda: 40-60
:zerosuitsamus:Zero Suit Samus: 55-45

Green = Advantage (16)
Red = Disadvantage (7)
Yellow = Neutral (15)

Strivus

Smash Cadet
After spending some time around these forums, I have found that emphasis on a character's match-ups, along with tournament results, dictates whether a character is viewed as good or bad. And we all want to prove our favorite little fluffball is a good character, right?

After looking at the work-in-progress match-up chart being worked out, I saw a few matchups for Kirby that were very questionable. I encourage you all to take a look for yourselves here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=157979

That being said, I'm sure you notice there is already a match-up thread lurking around these forums. I too saw this, but I thought it seemed a little more aimed at how to deal with certain characters rather than which one has the advantage in the match-up. The purpose of this thread is to determine good and bad match-ups for Kirby to aid in the creation of a correct match-up chart.

So let's get down to it. I think a little format would be nice to keep us organized. When presenting an argument for a match-up, start your statement with who you think is better, using numerical ratings on who is better (i.e. 5-5 for an even match-up, 7-3 for good/bad match-ups).

To kick things off, I see the chart now currently says that Ike has an advantage over Kirby. Opinions?
I would say it's more neutral. Kirby can capitalize on Ike laginess, but a smart Ike won't spam his laggy smashes and aerials to much. Ike will be employing his jabs and his fast tilts and aerials. Ike's can KO Kirby shockingly early even with his faster moves, but Kirby can gimp Ike pretty hard.

I see it more of a neutral match up.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
SNAKE

Difficulty rating: 6(Snake)-4(Kirby)

Generally there are three types of Snake players.
Campy 7-3
Aerial 4-6
Mixed Campy and Ground 8-2

Campy: A campy snake utilizes good grenade throwing, down B, mines, forward B, and tilts to build damage This makes it difficult for kirby to approach and efficiently build damage.

Aerial: A good example of this style of play is Greg's Snake. His aerial game is excellent and projectile use is also good. However being in the air against Kirby is not wise (unless ur peach)b/c of Kirby's downB, charged, Fsmash, hammer, and aerial moves.

Mixed campy with aggressive ground game:
Kirby can't win this match up. An example of this type of snake is one like Candy, good use of projectiles mixed with good play on the ground makes for serious difficulties for Kirby and quick damage. The projectiles make kirby dodge more and opens him up for snakes tilts, running A, and his mortar slide. Since this type of Snake doesn't use aerials, Kirby being in the air is not good, uptilt beats all of Kirby's aerials and his Fsmash.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Ike:

3-7

Ike's slow moves make it difficult to counter Kirby's Superior speed and small size, Kirby's aerials also make approaching easy. It is easy to StarSpike Ike's as well as gimp their Recovery with neutral B, bair, and fair. Ike, in my opinion, is one of Kirby's easiest match ups. People say Ike has an advantage because of Ike's Fair, Upair, Fsmash and neutral B. Kirby needs to space his moves well and mindgame ike into useing these moves and then capitalizing on the lag.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Marth

7(Marth)-3(Kirby)

Marth's Fair and dtilit spaces the **** out of Kirby, dair spike criticals are almost impossible for kirby to deal with even with good DI or well timed air dodges. DownB is dangerous if Kirby hits the ground b/c uptilt and upsmash finish Kirby

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
I gotta disagree with you there. Marth can't tip Kirby that well 'cause Kirby's not that big. Marth is also easier that most to underside/starspike because his recovery is mostly vertical. They both have high priority attacks. I'd say more like a 40-60 for Kirby here.

One major problem I saw on that matchup chart is how he doesn't have Kirby winning against any of the space animals. Neutral to Fox & Wolf, and losing to Falco? Here's what I gotta say:
-All three fall fast. Fastfallers are easy to combo. Kirby has several combos and a ton a ways he can string attacks in general.
-All three are easy to gimp. Kirby is one of the best edgeguarders there is.
-As far as I know, Falco can't chaingrab Kirby.
-There's still laser lock, but Kirby can pull that off better than Falco can.

So I'm thinking 60-40 for Falco, 70-30 for the other two.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Honestly i think kirby is generally neutral to all characters and is more based on playstyle...

whenever i think a character cant be beat if i take a moment and think about how their character works and adjust my playstyle accordingly, the matchup becomes much easier

i dont think kirby really has matchups more than 60-40 against him

though i have to say there are certain characters that feel ridiculously easy to me and i often 3stock someone if they dont know how kirby plays:

the following are 35-65 matchups due to their poor recoveries and being easy to combo:

donkey kong
bowser
link
fox
falco(this one would be more 40-60)
wolf

also i believe wario to be slightly in kirbys favor due to kirby being able to outprioritize a lot of his attacks in the air but for the most part it is rather even

sonic is probably another 35-65 cause if you use inhale properly his dash attacks dash grab and spin attacks barely work, plus kirbys aerials completely own sonics air game.. sonic really cant do much against kirby... not to say he isnt capable of winning but it requires a lot of work on the sonic players part

thats all for now tired o.o

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
I gotta disagree with you there. Marth can't tip Kirby that well 'cause Kirby's not that big. Marth is also easier that most to underside/starspike because his recovery is mostly vertical. They both have high priority attacks. I'd say more like a 40-60 for Kirby here.

One major problem I saw on that matchup chart is how he doesn't have Kirby winning against any of the space animals. Neutral to Fox & Wolf, and losing to Falco? Here's what I gotta say:
-All three fall fast. Fastfallers are easy to combo. Kirby has several combos and a ton a ways he can string attacks in general.
-All three are easy to gimp. Kirby is one of the best edgeguarders there is.
-As far as I know, Falco can't chaingrab Kirby.
-There's still laser lock, but Kirby can pull that off better than Falco can.

So I'm thinking 60-40 for Falco, 70-30 for the other two.
U play Meep's Marth and then tell me that again, i got three stocked 3 matches out of 4 and two stocked the other match. Marth's range and priority in the air lets him excel against Kirby. Not to mention that Marth can Spike Kirby any time he wishes. Even while Kirby is in UpB.

Kirby can't compete with Marth on a pro level

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Space animals is an easy win for Kirby. If u cant **** the space animals u should wake up lol

basically my thoughts on space animals is this

Fox: 9:1 For Kirby
Falco 8:2
Wolf: 6:4 (Its hard to gimp Wolfs forward B

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
Kirby has advantage against space animals, lag characters, and light chars (except MK), due to his Fsmash and hammer.
I think the hard matchups for Kirby is Snake and MK. And really, Snake is the hardest, Utilt + C4 can kill you with 50% in some stages.
The neutrals are Marth, ROB, Olimar, G&W, Wario, but, take care with these chars, they can be hard matchups too.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
marth can be predictable. idk about you but i see fsmashes from a mile away spotdodge then grab. dodging is key in this matchup.

i think the toughest space animal is falco because his CG and superior lasers to other spacies. wolf and fox are in kirbys favor. but kirby does short hop double laser like he did in melee. that means its good.

for ike, well ike is trash.garbage.crap.worthless.sucktier.
like marth though dodging is important. and if they are stupid enough to charge that forward-b then inhale by the ledge for infinite lawls.

upsmash works miracles on mk. its better than most people think.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Gonzo: Alright, next order of business: telling the matchup thread guy that. And easy on the double post.

That good against Fox!? I did 3 stock (outta 4) the last two I fought, but those were Level 9's (freakin' no one around here) and one match was at Luigi's Mansion.

And again, Falco can't chain Kirby, and we can do his laser stuff better than he can.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Kirby has advantage against space animals, lag characters, and light chars (except MK), due to his Fsmash and hammer.
I think the hard matchups for Kirby is Snake and MK. And really, Snake is the hardest, Utilt + C4 can kill you with 50% in some stages.
The neutrals are Marth, ROB, Olimar, G&W, Wario, but, take care with these chars, they can be hard matchups too.
Marth, Olimar, and GaW are far from neutral

Marth is like a 70-30 in Marth's favor

Olimar is about an 20-80 in Kirby favor due to the high priority of Kirby's moves and the low priority of Pikmin. Ftilt and bairs destroy almost everyhting Olimar does.

GaW is also another 70-30 in GaW's favor. Kirby just can't compete with that. Kirby's biggest advantage is his priority and GaW's high priority, long lasting, disjointed hitboxes is pretty much every Kirby's nightmare. Couple that with ridiculous strength, the ability to anti-camp Kirby's weak camp game, and a hard to gimp recovery and you pretty much have a Kirby counter.

One character I believe may be changing for Kirby match-up wise is MK. I used to believe this match was roughly 80-20 in favor of MK, but now after actually playing "good" MKs and watching videos, I'm starting to believe that it may be more like 60-40 but still in MK's favor. MK may have a sword, but from my experience, Kirby's bair is a very decent approach and Final Cutter works wonders in this match. Mach Tornado isn't a problem with good DI, and most shuttle Loops can be seen from a mile away (except the OoS which are the worst for Kirby at high %s). Kirby is also not the easiest for MK to gimp due to his low air speed, and Kirby's high movement ability in the air. Still not favorable, but proper management makes this match winnable.

IMO the hardest match for Kirby would have to be Pikachu or IC.

Edit:
I forgot about Snake, utilt will always outprioritize bair. I know WTF??? I've tested it and all tests lead to Snake's utilt being absolutely without a doubt the most broken move in Brawl. Snagging Snake's power can make it somewhat better, but not by much as he is still better than u on the ground and anti-air. Maybe if we float around a lot this match could be easier? I wonder...

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
moral of the history, every kirby player will disagree of the other.

If someone has difficult against a Fox, many will say that he is wrong, but, if HE has difficult against Fox, nobody can disagree, because is HE.

jiovanni007, i think that Marth isn't too good against Kirby, and i don't think that Bairs and Ftilts can destroy an Olimar, this is personal, the same way i think that G&W isn't too hard, like you said.

Bnana

Smash Rookie
well I say(Imo) that G&W is a Kirby players worst nightmare for the same reasons as above BUT never forget of Kirby's aerial game. It is only surpassed by Jiggz....But jiggs gground game isn't too good...so I'd say kirby's air guarding abilities stop him from being the lowest tier character ever...

storm92

Smash Ace
marth can be predictable. idk about you but i see fsmashes from a mile away spotdodge then grab. dodging is key in this matchup.

i think the toughest space animal is falco because his CG and superior lasers to other spacies. wolf and fox are in kirbys favor. but kirby does short hop double laser like he did in melee. that means its good.

for ike, well ike is trash.garbage.crap.worthless.sucktier.
like marth though dodging is important. and if they are stupid enough to charge that forward-b then inhale by the ledge for infinite lawls.

upsmash works miracles on mk. its better than most people think.
I thought Kirby could SHTL? :/

As someone said above, Falco can't CG Kirby. Falco's a semi-difficult match-up due to his speed and spike.

Try getting off Usmashes consistently against MK on a small stage which they CP like Smashville consistently. It's not fun.

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
I just got off work and taking a look at this thread, I'm glad it's a success. I'm going to update the original post as we solidify rankings.

If you take a look at the match-up chart, Ivan~ is using "large" and "small" to classify advantages. For our purposes, what ranking should be considered "large"? 7-3 or 8-2?

List of currently debated characters (Kirby as first number):

Ike: 7-3
Marth: 3-7
Snake: 3-7
Fox: 9-1?
Falco: 8-2?
Wolf: 6-4

I'm still interested in opinions about said characters, especially with regards to the spacies.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
I've been trying to make Kirby>Ike, Kirby=Falco, and Kirby>Wolf in that thread for a long time now. Ivan just doesn't post something he doesn't agree with, so it's a lost cause.

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
Well hopefully with the support of the Kirby community we can get it properly adjusted.

And you only think Kirby=Falco? It seems the general idea is he has a good matchup.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
More like 8-2 for Fox and 7-3 for Falco & Wolf. Marth probably 3.5-6.5. Large would be 8-2, I think.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
you know i can say that a lot of times i think of a matchup hard with kirby until i play someone who is really good with that character for awhile..

i think kirby is capable of countering a character if you know what you are doing.. but if you have no idea how they work then it can be difficult... like to me marth isn't too difficult but a lot of people are complaining he is.. this is because i play a lot of marths and know his spacing etc. and what moves outrange his

some characters i find it is more effective to use fsmash as a damaging move and upsmash as a kill move.. i have started doing this to metaknight and it actually works much better since the fsmash goes through all of his moves if you space it right and upsmash kills him pretty easily because he is so light.. also using fsmash as a damage move constantly keeps the opponent offstage so you can gimp them

basically its a different style of playing.. obviously its not generally the better strategy but if you use it in certain matchups it actually helps

you guys should learn what tactics annoy a person who uses another character and abuse them, and look at what tactics you do that are punished easily by a certain character and avoid them

right now i dont think we can really agree on matchups due to our different experiences with the other characters

storm92

Smash Ace
For me, MK is a 3-7 or 4-6 match-up for Kirby.
His outranging and outprioritizing of Kirby is tough to get around.

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
you guys should learn what tactics annoy a person who uses another character and abuse them, and look at what tactics you do that are punished easily by a certain character and avoid them
That's the entire point of this thread, to decide which characters Kirby has the most useful tactics against, and which characters can easily punish his tactics.

Back on topic, Ness is listed on the current matchup chart as a disadvantage. What do you think of him and his companion, Lucas?

Deg222

Smash Journeyman
Florida; I consider myself a decent brawl player.
Alright my take on this: (in a nutshell)

Format (Kirby:Opponent)

Falco - 7:3 (in Kirby's favor):
Although this space animal can be comboed from 0% to 50% no problem, Falco still has nice spacing so I wouldn't say Falco is completely easy, but pretty easy.

G&W - 3:7 (in G&W's favor):
Even though G&W is extremely light, so are you. If you're not careful you can find yourself dying at 80% easily. Most of G&W attacks out prioritizes you.

Ice Climbers - Can't say, never fought a good Ice Climbers before.

Ike - 5:5 (even):
Ike can be pretty easy to combo, but again, you can find yourself dying quick if you're not careful on your approach. I find it to be a pretty even out match.

Marth - 4:6, maybe 3:7? (in Marth's favor):
Hands down, Marth's range is longer than yours, I've only fought a really good Marth once and I must say, they are very hard to approach. A good Marth will land at least one tip per match, at least that's what happened to me.

Metaknight - 4:6 (in MK's favor)
Although Metaknight is extremely fast, one strong point of Metaknight is his gimping ability. This strong point does not exist against Kirby because he can just fly over Metaknight. Just learn how Metaknight plays and he won't have that much of an advantage over you.

Ness - 4:6 (in Ness's favor)
Ness can outrange you with some of his attacks and is pretty risky to gimp because of his spike. Another thing that sux is if you can backthrowed at the edge, you'll be dying at 90% pretty easily.

Pikachu - 4:6, maybe 5:5? (in Pika's favor):
Pikachu's B attack can be pretty annoying when trying to approach him and you have to watch out for his down smash. However, when you grab Pikachu's ability, this match can be quite fun :D You'll notice that he'll start approaching you instead.

Pit - Can't say because I never fought a good Pit before.

ROB - 4:6 (in ROB's favor):
You cannot do more than a 2 hit combo on ROB, it's that simple. He's extremely hard to combo, and it's very hard to play on the ground against him. Gimping him is hard too, so it's not so much ROB has some strong points against Kirby, it's that all of Kirby's strong points are gone against ROB.

Snake - 3:7, maybe 2:8? (in Snake's favor)
He's extremely hard to approach (especially on the ground), he can kill you a lost faster than you can kill him. He usually can interrupt your combos with a grenade. Better priority than you, and because he's Snake?

Toon Link - 5:5 (even):
I don't find Toon Link's projectiles that hard to get through, you have better priority on some of your attacks over him, so this evens out. You both can kill each other at about the same rate, I find this fight pretty evened out.

Zelda - 4:6 (in Zelda's favor):
She out ranges you on the ground for the most part, and it's very hard to approach from above against her. Her Din's Fire can actually be destroyed with back airs. She can kill you just a little bit quicker than you can kill her (she is pretty light).

From my experiences, this is what I think, I might be off with a few of them, let me know what you think.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Ness: 60-40 kirbys favor

my friend edrees claims that ness is at a disadvantage to kirby since he cant beat me with him... lol but i played vicegrip and it was rather difficult to beat him but that could be because he was the first ness i played

also i play ness myself so i tend to know what they are trying to do lol...
you can easily gimp ness by either getting hit by his pk thunder, hitting his pk thunder with a bair, or constantly knocking him farther away from the stage each time he tries to use it. you just need to know if you have enough time before he does pkthunder 2 or he will kill you.

ness can kill kirby a bit easier than most characters... avoid stages with low ceilings as his bthrow and uair can kill you easily there

kirby also has a bit of an easier time avoiding pkthunder spam as he has multiple jumps to help him maneuver around in the air.. also if he tries to hit you with pkthunder try to get above him and downb on top of him... lol he wont be able to move and he cant attack you with the pkthunder

do not try to attack ness out of his fair as it will outprioritize all of kirbys moves except final cutter and rock... maybe hammer but i dont think it has enough range

avoid approaching ness by simply dashing towards him as he can pk fire you to counter, best way to approach is with SH

ness is one of the few characters that cant be inhaled out of his dash attack

also ness's spike is stronger than ganons dont get hit by it, it has low range and lag though so if you are over the stage feel free to juggle him with uair, but its a bit dangerous off stage as he can even kill you at about 0% with it i believe

dont spam final cutter as he can absorb it.. though im sure most of you dont use it much anyways.. but it is pretty useful to use final cutter to hit him out of a fair (i think it would be usually i just wait for him to finish and hit him after lol)

actually i have a lot of stuff to say about a lot of matchups... but i dont want to throw them all into one post and i dont want to spam the thread with double posts o.o

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Marth and Snake are Kirby's toughest matches. I mean its fine that we have tough match ups, thats what seconds are for. For Snake i'm seconding marth (played him in melee) and for Marth i'm playing Zsamus (she's actually very competitive). I beat Meeps marth with Zsamus a few times

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
snake isnt that bad of a matchup... he falls fast and you can combo him... sure he will usually pull out a grenade but just wait for it to blow up on him

his mortar dash you can just shieldgrab as he hits your shield just have to time it right

snake is like any other campy character learn the persons habits and when they will use certain moves and counter it
if you can tell when they are going to dash mortar use inhale

also snake is so ridiculously easy to juggle in the air with uairs and bairs as long as you keep pressuring him...

actually snake feels like an even matchup to me why does everyone keep saying he is so difficult?
(although i practice with about 5 different snake players every week or something o.o so many snake players lol)

also marth feels even to me too... lol marths aerials actually have a little bit of lag after each one so if he misses an aerial you can counter attack him with a bair or uair

also just constantly remember his range and stay barely out of it and wait for him to miss an attack...
or you can dash and shieldgrab if he isnt expecting it... fsmash also works well as it has more range than his attacks... you can angle it upward as well to knock him out of aerial attacks

and if you have good timing ledgehogging works great against marth..

also be careful of combos on him as sometimes they will escape with upb... just learn if your opponent will use upb to escape and just dont continue your combo and punish him with an upsmash right before he hits the ground.. or maybe a hammer... and if hes near the edge you can grab him and not attack at all so that he will fall off and die (just like snake)

personally i only have troubles in matchups i dont normally play... marth and snake are not matchups i dont often play so they dont seem very difficult... rob however is much more difficult as i tend to only play them in tourney matches O.o

i need to play friendlys with a rob =/

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
Okay, original post updated with some characters I think we can all agree on. Characters currently up for debate:

Ness: 4-6
Lucas: ?
Meta Knight: 4-6
Game and Watch: 4-6 or 3-7?

Deg has a nice post against some of the perceived higher tier characters. What is everyone's opinions on his rankings?

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Ike isn't high enough, Zelda isn't low enough. Something like 6.5-3.5 against Ike, 3-7 against Zelda.

TK's stuff on Ness is pretty good. I'm thinking 6-4 there. Lucas is better than Ness, but still has similar weaknesses. Looks even there.

And don't we have something BIG against Snake? Oh yeah...

EDIT: Whoa whoa whoa. Bairs beat out Din's Fire!? Vids or it didn't happen.

Deg222

Smash Journeyman
Ike isn't high enough, Zelda isn't low enough. Something like 6.5-3.5 against Ike, 3-7 against Zelda.

TK's stuff on Ness is pretty good. I'm thinking 6-4 there. Lucas is better than Ness, but still has similar weaknesses. Looks even there.

And don't we have something BIG against Snake? Oh yeah...

EDIT: Whoa whoa whoa. Bairs beat out Din's Fire!? Vids or it didn't happen.
Lol yes, back air cancels out Din's fire only if the feet of Kirby collide with the base of the fire ball. It's kind of risky to do because the Zelda could simply push the fireball foward more hitting you where Kirby's face is. I guess I could post a video later.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
I'm not sure what pros uall play with but i play against one of the best snakes on the east coast on a regular basis. I win 3 out of 7 times at best.

G&W i dont think is all to hard for kirby, maybe like a 5:5, running A counters G&W Bair, and beyond that watch out for his smashes and use ur strong finishers like Fsmash to finish G&W (meaning save it for when u need it)

MK i think is an even match up as well. I've played Forte's MK often enough to know that if i was a little better it would b an even match up

TuigiX

Smash Rookie
anyone knows how to deal with Olimar,,,he beats you in the air, on the ground and with projectiles. the only way yo kill him easily is with swallow + suicide. As a kirby mainer this is a very frsutrating match-up plz help

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
anyone knows how to deal with Olimar,,,he beats you in the air, on the ground and with projectiles. the only way yo kill him easily is with swallow + suicide. As a kirby mainer this is a very frsutrating match-up plz help
No, he doesn't. The only time Olimar beats out Kirby is with his dair and uair. I said it before, if you spam ftilts and SHFFBairs, Olimar will do nothing to you. Kirby's bair and ftilt cancel out Olimar's fair, bair, fsmash, dsmash, and Pikmin throw. Seriously this is one of the easiest matches you will play as long as you spam aerials. It may be a boring way to win, but its a guaranteed win nonetheless.

Yeah and I think I have to agree with Gonzo about MK after I actually played a good one last night and he just barely nudged me out (killed me with one stock and he had ~90%). Apparently we both got nervous at the end because he started spamming Shuttle Loops and every time one would connect, I would double stone. It was actually working for a while until that one loop killed me >.>

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
Ok, we're having a little trouble coming to a compromise on this set of characters. Let's get some more opinions in on:

Ness: 5-5? (Had a few posts stating it as an advantage and as a disadvantage)
Lucas: 5-5

And especially on:

MK: 5-5 or 4-6
G&W: 5-5 or 4-6

chingy

Smash Apprentice
i think links are a pain in the *** because he gots three long ranged projectiles: bomb, arrow, and gale boomerang they spam the hell out of those and its quite annoying especially when they are campy links. with toon link is the same except i find him easier to brawl because hes light weighted so easier ko

Deg222

Smash Journeyman
i think links are a pain in the *** because he gots three long ranged projectiles: bomb, arrow, and gale boomerang they spam the hell out of those and its quite annoying especially when they are campy links. with toon link is the same except i find him easier to brawl because hes light weighted so easier ko
I guess Link can sometimes be a pain, but he's overall pretty easy for me because once you get him off the edge, you can down B him, inhale him and spit him out at the lower part of the stage. Link just has horrible recovery and Kirby can take advantage of that. Did I mention he's easy to combo too?

Top Bottom