• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's f-tilt.

Kinesis

Smash Rookie
Alright, I was sitting there, waiting for a game to start.
So, I'm watching the punching bag, standard a combo.
I decided to f-tilt. It was actually pretty weird.

Kirby attacked above and below with the f-tilt.
Not like, in the air or something, but Kirby's foot moved up/down.
If you are using a GCN Controller, make it diagonally up/down forward.
Watch Kirby, and his feet should rise or lower, and then go to normal f-tilt. You'll notice it.

Silfa

Smash Ace
Yeah. You can do this with many (I'm not sure about all) f-tilts and Fsmashes. It's been around for a long time.

Nice finding it yourself though.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I think you would also appreciate to know that Kirby's F-smash can also be angled this way (actually better yet, you can angle Smashes by holding Up or Down during the charge stance)

Up-angeled attacks do slightly more damage and knockback, keep in mind. Down angled attacks are very situational, and aren't needed unless you're Ganondorf trying to hit Kirby with your F-smash.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I've known this since Melee :p

I also didn't know about that A2, thanks!

Kinesis

Smash Rookie
Well, I was pretty shocked when I found out, haha. But oh well.
And good to know about the f-smash and everything, really do appreciate it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm not positive, but I think ftilts go up/down in Super Smash Brothers too. In case you care.

And yes, I'm talking about the good ol' Nintendo 64.

storm92

Smash Ace
Yeah man, we're all chill here.
We need an introduction thread though, I keep reading new posts and topics and I'm wondering who some of these new Kirby mains are.

EDIT:
Apparently TomatoKirby's FAQ is the intro thread.
I didn't know that, I never really check that thread for new posts, just to see if it's been updated with anything interesting.

Kinesis

Smash Rookie
I might have to secondary kirby. Metaknight is my true main, but Kirby is becoming rather appealing.
Dunno if it's the fact it's a decieving character, or because no one wants to hurt a fluffball.
Hopefully I can find some things out like Infinite Hammer! Haha.

But yeah, thanks.

Top Bottom