• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirbys....Explain this

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
TKO, we were just talking about this in the Q&A thread. Why make a whole thread asking a question for us to answer, when you can ask the question in the Q&A thread? You could've seen our replies to it near the bottom of the last page, and the video we have about it. :ohwell:

Nice to know we got another video, though.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I'm Sorry Kewkky.....

but i mean i figured nobody knew of this anymore...this is like only my second time coming to character boards.....u can get someone to lock it i guess...

and that question was more of a rhetorical question as i really dont see how anybody could truely explain that

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
it doesnt need to be locked O_o

it was a legitimate thread. At least talk about it to know that were at least INTERESTED in kirby's meta game. Thats why the kirby boards are so boring lately. >.>

Cmon people, if we can't decipher how to accurately do it, ask questions:

What was your direction input?

Can it be done on other stages?

how far from the ledge do you have to be for it to work?

how close do you have to move kirby for it to work?

if some one is ledgehogging is it safe to do seeing as how he was a bit under the ledge?

does the move work if the opponent's sprite is in the way(i.e. already grabbing the ledge)?

if you hit your opponent while doing it, does it still work?

How far into the move can you be for it work?

Ask questions and try to copy what just happens. Thats how you get your character better. Jesus Christ....

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I support this post ^

but dude im pretty sure it has something to do with the way i started and then moved under the ledge....im still testing it myself

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Well, I was able to recreate it very few times... It's pretty hard to do so. You have to be at a specific height, moving at a specific speed, at a specific location... Meaning, it's pretty hard to do.

I can't really explain how to do it, cuz it's pretty hard for me to explain just how Kirby's supposed to be positioned. Sadly, all you guys can go by are the slow-mo vids we have until now (mine+asdioh's and now TKO's)... So, you're gonna have to look at the video, and do exactly that in SSBB.

And TKO, I wasn't angry, don't get like that. I was just wondering why you didn't put it in the Q&A thread, since if you would've, you also would've seen our very recent posts about it... Which is why I put the ":ohwell:", so you'd know I wasn't angry or anything. :ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::dizzy::ohwell::dizzy:

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Well, I was able to recreate it very few times... It's pretty hard to do so. You have to be at a specific height, moving at a specific speed, at a specific location... Meaning, it's pretty hard to do.

I can't really explain how to do it, cuz it's pretty hard for me to explain just how Kirby's supposed to be positioned. Sadly, all you guys can go by are the slow-mo vids we have until now (mine+asdioh's and now TKO's)... So, you're gonna have to look at the video, and do exactly that in SSBB.

And TKO, I wasn't angry, don't get like that. I was just wondering why you didn't put it in the Q&A thread, since if you would've, you also would've seen our very recent posts about it... Which is why I put the ":ohwell:", so you'd know I wasn't angry or anything. :ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::dizzy::ohwell::dizzy:
its all good kewkky...ur still my favorite Kirby :)...lol

Magma Dolphin

Smash Apprentice
You can recreate it consistently on Brinstar if you use it one the right hand side of the breakable-egg-things, not the eggs themselves, but the wall along the left of it. From what i understand so far; kirby uses final cutter on a part of a stage where by moving upwards he would effectively have to exist on two sides of any obstuction at once. so a ledge (as on battlefields) or a thin wall (as the left-inner wall on brinstar next to the eggs.)

Furthermore, its not just doable with kirby, most up-b moves do the same exact thing, the animation is instantly grounded and the move finishes as a grounded up-b attack...except for the space critters, they finish going up (vertical), but the up-b is sideways (horizontal). so effectively, falco, fox and wolf move ^, but there body position is < or >. its some pretty weird stuff. I made a thread about it awhile ago, but its lost by now

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
It's doable consistently in certain places (like 2 places on Brinstar, a few on PS1, etc.), but in a general sense, hard to recreate.

GanonkingAbyss

Smash Apprentice
i have it in my brinstar vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6Lr8f9_goQ
skip to 0:48 , and idk if it depends on this but it seems like its always after some1 uses their last jump, ddd also has something like this since a few times ive upBed towards the stage, hit the underside of the fd ledge but land on the stage, one time i landed like i didnt hit the stage and the other time i did, like when u cancel uoB right b4 u hit the ground.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmm... make that 3 places on Brinstar then. I didn't know it could be done there when the stage split :laugh:

Top Bottom