• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Brawl Moveset info !

ShadowDragonG

Smash Cadet
I'd like to point out, that Kirby's Up Throw will kill at 44%, on Shadow Moses Island. If you're close enough to the wall, you will land on top of it, and send your oppenent skyward. The opportunities are limited at best, but it's something I found amusing. :)

slowslow325

Smash Rookie
I have a question. On hyrule temple when you go above the cave thing and do a stone into it, do you still slide down the cave, onto the other slope and off the edge? (If you don't get out of it fast enough)

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I had something interesting happen to me a while back involving the stone. I had stoned and landed on the left side of the top Battlefield platform. Meanwhile, Ike had begun to use Aether, and he landed roughly in the same spot. What's crazy is that as soon as Ike hit the stone, he flew off because the stone's hitbox had been created again. I'm not sure if what happened was that Ike had pushed me off the left side or if Aether barely pushes the stone up into the air. I didn't get the chance to test it again, but it was definitely the weirdest thing I saw all night.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
Yes. Unfortunatly, I had my photo ready, now that the SSBB screenshot bin to jpg is out. I was just a little late >_<

Snail

Smash Lord
Lmao, that FS with Snake hat looks hilarious.

I'm glad to see Kirby got a boost; He was always one of my favourite characters but he was extremely hard to win with in Melee x_x

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
It probably isn't much new, but I noticed a few things about Kirby's Dair today

1. When you fastfall the Dair over the edge to spike them, if you hit with all of it, it seems to be possible to footstool jump them immediately after. I was messing around against a computer to practice some techniques (another kirby due to random-select) when I did this, and we were both off the bottom of the screen, but I definitely footstool-jumped on him right after the Dair.

2. It would seem that if you hit with the bottom-tip of the Dair's hitbox on a standing opponent, it can trip them. I did this multiple times tonight, and this would give kirby two tripping moves, woot.

I haven't really tested these out much, but I thought I should share and all that good stuff.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
1) Maybe he jumped after you d-air him, so he raised enough to allow you to footstool jump him. I'll test that this weekend.

2) Nice. Now what should be the best approach to attack with the tip of d-air on a standing opponent ? Full Jump ? I think Short Hop would not attack with the bottom part. Another thing to test.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
1. I probably should have specified that when I did this, I had started the Dair somewhat late, so they were around the upper portion of the hitbox. Them jumping up into me afterwards is completely possible.

2. Yep, full jumping was how I landed it. I know one time I did this against mario while at the very height of the jump, and he tried to u-tilt me, resulting instead in him tripping. The timing for this would certainly vary on the opponent's height, and if they are just standing there or attacking.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Great guide! Really appreciate the damage meters.

I done a simple combo, yet it's effective for racking up damage. Simply use a launcher(SideBAir1, UTilt, USmash, Yo-yo) when the opponent is around 20-40%. Jump after them, and do an UAir. Jump again while keeping your forward momentum, and UAir, again. Do it again.

This technique can be done easily, and you can usually UAir 4 times. Also, f you are near the edge, on the last jump use a Final Cutter. If your lucky, the down slash will meteor your opponent and you will grab the ledge (if you close enough).

Easiest for me: UTilt, UAir, UAir, UAir, UAir, Final Cutter(If possible). Utilt is easy to follow with a jump.

Yes, you do get stale moves, but 4 consecutive hits nails some great damage. And I know that this might not be a real "combo", but it works for me a lot. Kirby air momentum allows him to execute this combo easily.

Great guide, once again. Thanks.

Top Bottom