• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KirbyKid on The Smash Community, Project SMASH and More

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
I have to admit I didn't really understand the purpose of creating a new site as I didn't see a lot of flaw with this one. But I am a little slow to catch on sometimes. After witnessing a certain someone's absolute disrespect for members of the community, I was infuriated.

Quite honestly, I probably wouldn't be here except for the Nintendo WFC shutdown, my desire to brawl and desperateness for Smash 4 info, not to mention pure excitement! It's gonna be awesome awesomeness! But I am glad I came, because I realized there is a whole lot more to the game. That there was tons of info, hints and even members here that would help a "peanut gallery casual" like me, learn more about a game that I love. I won't let another person's uninhibited insults change that. Didn't we all pick up that remote for the first time at some point? However, they say it takes 100 positives to cancel out a negative, so an attitude like that could have a huge impact on the members of the community. I have heard more than one person say they were put off by this person to the point of avoiding the site.

I'm sure I am not the only one who came here for the reasons stated above and I came in blindly because I had no idea what was going to happen. So I thought about this all day, and it suddenly made sense to me why I was like the least skilled player in the Arena. Because casuals don't go there. How many people have joined SB since the shutdown and with the release of Smash 4 getting closer? How many of those people are dying to post, exchange FCs and play but are too intimidated and afraid to be insulted, ridiculed or labeled?

So unless there is a reason or rule against it, I invite all casual players to post in the arena. I would be happy to play with you! Best wishes and......
TAUNT PARTY ON!!
To anyone who wishes to join this community and this website: There's a certain SOMEONE on this thread that I refuse to acknowledge, but know this, that person's bile is a minority. There's thousands of people here who want to genuinely help new players and make sure they have a good time like everyone else. This kind of conflict is inevitable no matter what online community you go to, but I garuntee you if you went to a local venue and someone behaves like that, 90% chance they're going to get kicked out.

This is meant to be a safe place, don't let a small but very vocal minority distort that. Now that I have some free time I'm filling out the stuff for Project Smash, cuz I'm a firm believer that this is the key to making the smash community an even better place for everyone.

As for trolls, they're going to happen. Hopefully a lot less moving forward but it's going to happen. All we can do is ignore them or report them, but responding to them is not gonna make things better for anyone except them.

-Have a good one everyone

LeafB

Smash Rookie
Kirbs, I think this comment thread is also insightful. It clearly shows the fantastic community of Smashers out there, and also clearly some issues we experience as a community.

I'm absolutely in support of Project SMASH.

strawhats

Smash Master
Yup. I'm still Krazy too.
nice, seems like all the old school guys have come back to smash in one form or another. Captain Jack is playing again too (he and rain, another old school melee player that used to play with Bombsoldier, entered a melee tournament in japan that had aMSa/Gucci/Flash/sanne the top 4 or so players in Japan currently) Do u still play melee/PM/brawl (if you ever played brawl to begin with)

Last edited:
Top Bottom