• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Kirby & The Amazing Cats

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
These screen shots came out great! You forgot to mention the weird thing we found when charging F-Smash. That the fire orbits around Kirby's hand despite the fact that his hand doesn't move!
I figured the green Kirby from the pictures was you. xD

Interesting find!

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
WHERE THE **** HAVE YOU EBENEBEEN

WHWO

SFAJLK

hi
SORRY BRUH LIFE N' STUFF HAPPENED DHSBGYUBSEFUB

But seriously, I apologize man, I should be on more this coming week. I really need to lurk around the Kirby boards more. ;o

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
With APEX 2015 coming up soon, I'm wondering which Kirby players are planning on attending. I personally would love to attend this event, but I'm on the other side of the nation and currently cannot afford the travel costs.

The good news is that there's a 'road to Apex' event (North West Major) only about 260 miles away from me. It's the weekend after this, and I'm most likely going to be able to make it to that. :D

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://register.apex-series.com/Site/registeredMembers
i read your post, went to the site to check it out, and read that the venue fee is gonna go up to $40 starting tomorrow or something? so i figured i'd register

i just got a seasonal job at UPS, apparently they're desperate for help this year so they're giving $100 bonuses per week to people that are working. I figure that money can help go toward this :D

it's about a 3.5 hour drive for me so not too bad.

Last edited:

Rochette

Smash Cadet
Good luck guys ! I feel a bit sad for Kirby these days... Hard time in FG... Crush them all ;) !

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Jesus christ, I'm playing way too many characters.

none of them are kirby, but I've handling them pretty well. Mostly mario, amazingly.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
it's about a 3.5 hour drive for me so not too bad.
I would totally go to Apex if it was only a 3.5 hour drive away from me. I will, of course, be watching the stream - and cheering on my fellow Kirby players. :)

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I do terrible against people with swords like Lucina even with being patient x_x Wish the fire emblem cast would go away lol.

Rochette

Smash Cadet
Lucina and Marth are not really a problem. Their sword count as a part of their body. I usually shield a lot and bait for their Special, then space well for a punishing hammer. Same for their recovery, counter. Tilt are also really great.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Lucina and Marth are not really a problem.
They're pretty good against Kirby, Marth has traditionally been a difficult matchup in every game.
Their sword count as a part of their body.
That's the opposite of true, though.
I usually shield a lot and bait for their Special, then space well for a punishing hammer.
Yes if they use Dancing Blade on you poorly, it's highly punishable, but they shouldn't be doing that.
Same for their recovery, counter.
If they Dolphin Slash onstage and miss, yeah it's highly punishable. It has invincibility frames and autosnaps the ledge though, so it's very difficult to edgeguard.
Tilt are also really great.
Yeah I agree.

Rochette

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised too sometimes ! But against some players who have a lead during the match, hammer is a risky tool... After 100%.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I guess I don't use the hammer much. always felt so darn risky I rarely bothered with the move. I suppose in some instances it can be useful?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I don't use Hammer, to be honest. Hammer Flip's changes really didn't help the already bad move.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I don't use Hammer, to be honest. Hammer Flip's changes really didn't help the already bad move.
Ah yeah. I felt that way too. I actually like the brawl hammer better than hammer flip if only that sometimes it was useful in the air where you had that powerful swipe. Never really used it on the ground much. I was able to use it coming out of rock real quick and people wouldn't expect it and get hit. With Hammer Flip I haven't figured out much of any use for it I'm will to risk using it for. I guess in 2vs2 matches? Otherwise... it's kind of crappy to lose a move entirely. Kirby already has less moves to work with that don't live him super vulnerable. One has to be wary when using cutter as well, and when swallowing an opponent.

Wish Kirby got some special changes personally...

Last edited:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I wonder how long will it take for stages in the tournament ruleset to be done? I would like to have a stage discussion, since too many people ban Lylat Cruise when picking Kirby. )=

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
☯ I wonder how long will it take for stages in the tournament ruleset to be done? I would like to have a stage discussion, since too many people ban Lylat Cruise when picking Kirby. )=
Is Lylat Cruise in our favor? I mean the stage tilting seems to screw up our recovery. Anyways, depend on the opponent, I will say Battlefield, SmashVille, and DuckHunt (if allow) all have platform to assist with your Upthrow Kills, approach and juggling potential. I do not believe FD is in our favor, however, Omega FD with Walls is more beneficial for those Stone Kills.

@ Asdioh Asdioh and @ t!MmY t!MmY - since you both are more experienced tournament players, please correct if I am wrong. Thank you.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Sheesh anyone else finding for glory matches kind of dull? I was just in a match against a Doctor Mario who just spammed pills until time ran out and would run from one side of the stage to the other. A lot of my matches have been against various people who don't allow for easy approach, repeat a specific move over and over again like DH and his can+gunman... and well... I've gotten quite bored. I mean it's hard for me to approach opponents as is with Kirby and having to deal with these matches where the person is just cautionary the whole time and hoping to just keep you at a distance with their projectile move is... really lame. I feel like the only matches that tend to be fun are against characters just like me who require to get close and melee like a captain falcon, lol. Those fights are fun.

Anyway, since I'm mostly only good as Kirby and even then I'm not a GREAT Kirby player... I'm kind of done with smash. I've officially gotten bored. Kirby is low tier again and I'm not too interested in the other characters. I really just play Smash for mostly the Kirby content. I'll probably play smash casually here and there with friends but I'm moving on to toad treasure tracker.

I will still try and get better with Kirby if I can. However I know I'm not Ashdioh good ever. I will root for him though and anyone who mains Kirby. I have way more respect for Kirby mainers than I do any other. It's tough to play with the puffball and I respect your commitments to the challenge. It beats seeing the same few percieved top tier characters in the game over and over again online. Most people who main Kirby also seem to really love the character and his games. I love that!

I want to be cheerleader for you all. I can't wait to see more of your action in the form of videos of your general gameplay or tournament events.

Last edited:

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
You could play with us online if you're bored of for glory! I haven't touched FG at all on the Wii U version. I got bored of it.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
FG sucks yeah. Final destination is actually one of the least balanced stages too.

I played in a small free tourney today, it was all streamed so I'll see if I can posr the link in the morning, assuming the videos get saved. Sojic got first as usual, I got second, link got third. Wait until you see the struggle against those characters oh my god kirby is so bad -_-

... :phone:

Last edited:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Is Lylat Cruise in our favor? I mean the stage tilting seems to screw up our recovery. Anyways, depend on the opponent, I will say Battlefield, SmashVille, and DuckHunt (if allow) all have platform to assist with your Upthrow Kills, approach and juggling potential. I do not believe FD is in our favor, however, Omega FD with Walls is more beneficial for those Stone Kills.
☯ Lylat Cruise is arguably the best starter stage for Kirby since Brawl. It may not be the best stage for Kirby against characters with good air speed, but good against characters with predictable recovery and characters with needs of precise sweet spots. Battlefield is a better choice than Final Destination unless fighting characters that can abuse the platforms better, (Marth, Zelda, Lucina, Shulk, ZZS, etc).

☯ That being said, still don't know if Lylat Cruise is officially a starter, or a counterpick for this game.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
FG sucks yeah. Final destination is actually one of the least balanced stages too.

I played in a small free tourney today, it was all streamed so I'll see if I can posr the link in the morning, assuming the videos get saved. Sojic got first as usual, I got second, link got third. Wait until you see the struggle against those characters oh my god kirby is so bad -_-

... :phone:
Hey I'm way more impressed by the Kirby player making it to second in a tourney than any of the rest. Great job Asdioh!! Can't wait to see the gameplay regardless.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
What if we just play kirby in a jiggs playstyle? I'm gonna go try that right now.

Edit -- Okay no.

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
☯ Lylat Cruise is arguably the best starter stage for Kirby since Brawl. It may not be the best stage for Kirby against characters with good air speed, but good against characters with predictable recovery and characters with needs of precise sweet spots. Battlefield is a better choice than Final Destination unless fighting characters that can abuse the platforms better, (Marth, Zelda, Lucina, Shulk, ZZS, etc).

☯ That being said, still don't know if Lylat Cruise is officially a starter, or a counterpick for this game.
Fair enough. When fighting those characters that abuse the platforms better, which stage(s) will you choose instead?

I believe it is a starter from the last tournament I saw. Most players are wishing it was a counterpick though. A lot seems to dislike the stage.

Anyways, has anyone been having problem landing the last hit with Dash Attack? Dash Attacks seems to be more inconsistent in WiiU than 3DS. Sometimes, the last hit will not connect nor send my opponent outward. Most player with just float there while I am still recovering.It is becoming really frustrating. I want to know if I am getting this issues and doing something to cause this.

Rochette

Smash Cadet
It seems that for playing Kirby, people needs some super reflex and reading. I don't want to see people giving up on him like on brawl...

I read that a Toon link take 13% if he is close to a Kirby swallowing a Bomb (Kirby taking 5%). Is it true ?

chaosmasterro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chaosmasterro
If only they gave Kirby his starshot ability to be able to swallow certain items, mostly items that can be grabbed and shoot them back as stars. Same with Dedede. If they were to fix that in a patch, the possibilities....

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
This tourney had an unusual stage rule, basically a bunch of stages set on and then random stage selection. Winner gets to ban 3 stages on the counterpick list. It was a bit tedious
http://www.twitch.tv/hsg_lordxav1er/b/596907683 2:54 vs G&W, 41:30 vs villager
http://www.twitch.tv/hsg_lordxav1er/b/596939880 beginning vs Link, unfortunately some of it was cut off. Look at the struggle to beat Link though, if he runs away with projectiles all day, Kirby has to get in, and then once he get in he can't do much :/ upair juggles are your best bet, but his Nair/Dair make it scary. Also I can't seem to gimp him easily, upB feels like it has big hitboxes around Link, and slightly up, so you have to be extremely precise with Dair. On the bright side, Kirby's floatiness makes it hard for Link to land most of his Jab->grab/dsmash/etc combos.
Also at about 01:12 I get hit through the skyloft stage while on it, makes me think it'll probably be banned because of crap like that.
then 7:30 vs sonic winnter's finals, the misery!
55:00 vs Link loser's finals (this is where the camping is hardest to deal with)
http://www.twitch.tv/hsg_lordxav1er/b/596953558 more vs Link
http://www.twitch.tv/hsg_lordxav1er/b/596959217 then grand finals are here and stuff

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
Gonna be honest, the struggle as Kirby in smash 4 is making my interest in the game wane. I'm also getting sick of getting lectured by players worse than me when they somehow get a win, and are people who have no idea what they are talking about. Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima has seen what I mean.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Pink Kirby is the best Kirby. Why would you not want too beat your opponent with the cutest most charming looking color? It makes it all the better. Also Pink Kirby is legit Kirby.

I'm still going to main Kirby even though he's a challenge. I'm not the best of players so I'll just master him the best I can against the match-ups I can tolerate and so be it. It's all I can do.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Gonna be honest, the struggle as Kirby in smash 4 is making my interest in the game wane. I'm also getting sick of getting lectured by players worse than me when they somehow get a win, and are people who have no idea what they are talking about. Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima has seen what I mean.
I'm sorry but in what ways were they lecturing/critiquing you?

What actually hit you in the skyloft match? I don't even understand what hitbox was there.
That is a good question. I assume at first Link hit him but watching it multiple times, I cannot figure it out.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Jeez just got my butt kicked several times in a row by a Dedede. It's like a Kirby gamer's nightmare. I'm the hero, lol. Wth. Dedede's reach and power are a real menace. Usually I can go toe-to-toe with the Dededes I've fought online so far but this one mopped the floor with my Kirby. *sigh*.

REALLY REALLY wish Kirby had a change in his specials or SOMETHING. How did he not get a buff in the last update? If any character needed it, than it's Kirby.

Sheesh, Kirby is Sakurai's own baby and it sucks he hasn't been the same since Smash 64.

It's really hard getting close to the opponent.

I also REALLY REALLY REALLY hate the nerf to his back air. Did Kirby really need a nerf to ANYTHING? I don't think so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom