• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby raises blood pressure

Tangy

Smash Apprentice
It is undisputed that Pit is a rather annoying character. But the character I see who has the potential to take Pit's spot is Kirby.

Combos are still being tested to apply for matches against others, but the only combo that seems to be discovered (and spammed) by Kirby users is down-B to up-B. If you dodge the down-B attack, then you have a very short chance to land an attack when Kirby de-forms out of his rock thing. If you're attack is too late or too early, then the up-B will just add more damage. Then the user just repeats the same attack over and over again and gets very annoying and frustrating.

And there really is no way to counter the down-B move because Kirby will float into the air to set up the attack. The other player will try to land an aerial attack to intercept, but Kirby can just use the down-B earlier to shield itself and to attack the other player. Then Kirby just need to get out of his rock form before the opponent can grab him and just up-B to rack up more damage and gets VERY, VERY ANNOYING!

The reason why people find Pit annoying is because Pit is a spamming type of character. He (or is it a she, don't really know...) can spam arrows when the opponent is at a distance, or can just spam his "READY TO GO!" attack when the is close by.** It involves no skill at all.** It is the exact same thing with Kirby except that it deals more damage.

The only reason why Kirby is not the most hated character yet is because Kirby is an unpopular character. We've seen it since 64, and people are rather bored of using him.
According to SamuraiPanda's poll (since the last time I checked) only 2.72% of smasher main with Kirby.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=154779

Link to a poll-"Who is the least liked character". Surprised that no one has voted for Kirby yet
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=168703

(Wow this feels like a school essay :psycho:)

feardragon64

Smash Champion
The only problem with your theory is that it's INCREDIBLY predictable. Pit is often predictable(but much less than kirby's), but his arrows come out fast, have no lag, and are from a distance, not to mention they can be manipulated to follow you. Kirby's down b not so much. It has a pretty good startup lag that makes it predictable, even though you can attack almost straight out of it, a good opponent will set up their range so they will hit you while you're coming out of it so you will get hit because of spacing and time it takes to get even your bair out(of course they could just go in front of you >>), and finally it's uncontrollable in the sense that once you rock drop, you can either stop rock drop earlier, which stops all momentum in the air and if you're not careful you'll get hit still, or you hit the ground and because it's predictable, you'll get punished for it. doing an up+b straight out of down b is just a bad idea unless you really have proper spacing because it starts up rather slow. So nice try but your theory is far from making kirby the most annoying character.

I'd say he raises blood pressure because people who try and edgeguard you by chasing after you get inhaled and spewed out under the stage though ^_^(cough cough marth cough cough)

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
I'd say he raises blood pressure because people who try and edgeguard you by chasing after you get inhaled and spewed out under the stage though ^_^(cough cough marth cough cough)
That image made me chortle. I may want to start doing that against my friend's Ike now. :laugh:

Mike_Echoes

Smash Journeyman
Would Inhale -> Exhale under the stage work against competent players?
And do u guys ever try to Cancel a WoP near the edge into an Inhale and Exhale off screen? Tried it, it worked by shooting them just far enough to KO

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
You guys haven't played a good Pikachu recently, yes?

Pikachu raises blood pressure.

Pikachu makes your veins explode in frustration.

Pikachu for top tier in annoyance.

Note that this doesn't mean anything if the Kirby in question kirbycides, in which case he becomes by far the most annoying creature in the game.

Vulcan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaberVulcan
I voted for Pikachu in that poll, the only person on my college campus who can constantly beat me is a pikachu player....
So yes I agree with you Kitamerby, Pikachu makes me want to punch babies in frustration.

bioniclekid8

Smash Cadet
*put's baby daisy and baby peach in front of Vulcan* there you go :p

kirby is sooo anoying, if the opponent kirbycides,

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Kirby doesn't spam arrows enough to be the most annoying character. But your opponents really do hate getting comboed for 50% and then getting WOPed off the stage by a tiny pink puffball with hilarious taunts.

Viny

Smash Cadet
i think pikachu is over power ^^
and that make it a thebiggest annoyer ever

why is over power? use thunder and down-A you will see

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
Hii! Hii! Hii! Hii! Hii!

...Kirbycide is pretty annoying too I guess.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
But your opponents really do hate getting comboed for 50% and then getting WOPed off the stage by a tiny pink puffball with hilarious taunts.
This.

Well, Kirby doesn't have the most annoying taunt anymore. Kinda makes me wish you copied one of your opponent's taunts when you copy their ability, so I could hear Kirby say "You're too slow!" :laugh:

3Years

Smash Lord
people hate on kirby cuz he's cute ^-^

down +b to up+b???

ive never seen that before and i tried it and its an epic fail...u must be playin some garb kids 2 be usin that on people cuz that dont work haha

Top Bottom