• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Moveset

shao49

Smash Rookie
I would like to see what kind of creative move-sets people would make for Kirby if they had the power to do so. Imagine if you could change anything you wanted and make Kirby God.

Just think:

Up-B = Jet Kirby, High-Jump or maybe even Missile Kirby (hey why not tornado)?

Neutral A in Air = What if it had been a Spark Kirby?

Final smash = Mike Kirby or Crash Kirby…

Topic: What ability would you’ve liked to see in Kirby’s move set?

http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Copy_Abilities

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I think Kirby's neutral B Inhale should be replaced by Baton ability.

K2Z

Smash Rookie
Mike Kirby for Final Smash, definitely. I loved using that on the Snes :p
It'd be nice if he had a projectile like Ninja Kirby's stars or something.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
This should be fun. -^_^-

Here is a version using Kirby's Hats for ALL of his attacks:

Jab Combo
Sword Kirby
First
2%
Slashes with sword.

Second
2%
Slashes with sword the other direction.

Third
2% + 1%
Stabs with sword. If Kirby has 0% damage, he unleashes a sword-shaped energy shot that acts like a 1% projectile going twice his jab range.

Dash Attack
Wheel Kirby
8%
As seen with Jigglypuff, except Kirby looks like a Wheel.

N-air
Spark Kirby 12%
Same as his Twinkle Star, but instead of spinning Kirby hits all around him with electricity. Zap!

F-air
Burning Kirby
12%
An aerial fireball dash that knocks opponents up and away. If you're played Kirby games, you know what I'm talking about.

D-air
Stone Kirby
10%
Look out below! Kirby drops on people's heads while in one of various stone forms. The hit is similar to Zero Suit Samus' d-air. Meteor Smash!!!

U-air
Spike Kirby
10%
Large spikes jut suddenly out of Kirby's back and poke at the enemy from below! Juggles vertically for combos.

B-air
Jet Kirby
12%
Blasts a hot plume of exhaust behind Kirby, knocking the opponents away. Same as his current b-air, but with a cute jet-shaped hat.

F-tilt
Beam Kirby
10%
Knock opponents away with a beam whip.

D-tilt
Fighter Kirby
8%
Sweep Kick. Slides on the ground, feet first and bowls opponents over.

U-tilt
Yo-Yo Kirby
8%
Arcs a yo-yo over head and knocks any opponent he hits into the air.

F-smash
Mike Kirby
15% + Charge
This attack changes depending on how long you charge the Smash attack. Without a charge, Kirby will pull out a megahorn and blast anyone in front of him with a loud shout. If charged slightly, Kirby will pull out a small microphone to ampliphy his voice. If fully charged, Kirby will use a standing stage microphone and will sing very loudly blasting anyone in front of him with a terrible screech. (other than this, acts like his same F-smash).

D-smash
Mirror Kirby
14% + Charge
Kirby will split into two images of himself and hit to both sides at the same time!

U-smash
Fighter Kirby
15% + Charge
Rising Break! Kirby does an uppercut so powerful, it splits the very air around him with the impact! Not as strong as Knuckle Joe's, but impressive none the less.

Neutral Special
Inhale
Copies opponents or spits them out! Drop off the stage to Kirbycide. Swallow items (but this time you can spit them back out as stars!)

F-Special
Cutter Kirby
5%
Tosses a blade to the side which spins around and comes back. Hop over it to keep it spinning past you.

D-Special
Bomb Kirby
8%
Pulls out a bomb. Toss it like an item. Watch out, they go off after a few seconds!

U-Special
Parasol Kirby
As seen with Peach's parasol.

Grab
Suplex Kirby
All of the following throws are done with Suplex Kirby (blue bandana)

F-throw
7% Pile Driver
As seen now.

B-throw
10% German Suplex
A strong backward toss.

D-throw
Quick Stamping
Multiple stomps, dealing 1% x 10 + 2%

U-throw
12% Back Breaker
As seen now.

Crash Kirby

18%
Kirby floats into the air and begins to emit a huge aura of power! There's a huge crash and Kirbys fly around the screen at amazing speed and striking everyone at once. The only way to avoid this is to Roll or Sidestep at the right time. This attack automatically breaks any shield.

Up Taunt
Ninja Kirby
Hops into the air and vanishes before reappearing in a puff of smoke.

Side Taunt
Ice Kirby
Skates from side to side.

Down Taunt
Sleep Kirby
Falls asleep with a green nightcap on. Wakes up with drool on his face.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Wow, it would appear as t!mmy has thought about this before ;) Awesome ideas, you utilized most all of them from Adventure/Superstar.

Didn't like removing the hammer, but cutter kirby fits better for side special than hammer does. Fsmash could be hammer, but I REALLY liked the mic for fsmash too...

It would be awesome to work the UFO in there somewhere, but that would almost have to be a final smash to work. I also think High Jump would be cooler than Parasol, unless you could keep the parasol out somehow after performing it. Introducing items into non-item matches is just too fun (see Diddy Kong/Snake)

Your idea for dsmash was awesome. Just plain awesome.

Ball Kirby would be fun to work in there somewhere too, that ability was too cool. Gaahhhh, so many awesome copy abilities, so few moves to use!

Edit: Would also like to work Laser Kirby in there somewhere, bounce it off walls and floors at angles like ROB's laser!

Would also like to see one of his throws (probably fthrow) be freezing the opponent in a block of ice and shooting the square-shaped block of ice forward. That was a sweet way to kill stuff in Kirby's Adventure.

shao49

Smash Rookie
This should be fun. -^_^-

Here is a version using Kirby's Hats for ALL of his attacks:

Jab Combo
Sword Kirby
First
2%
Slashes with sword.

Second
2%
Slashes with sword the other direction.

Third
2% + 1%
Stabs with sword. If Kirby has 0% damage, he unleashes a sword-shaped energy shot that acts like a 1% projectile going twice his jab range.

Dash Attack
Wheel Kirby
8%
As seen with Jigglypuff, except Kirby looks like a Wheel.

N-air
Spark Kirby 12%
Same as his Twinkle Star, but instead of spinning Kirby hits all around him with electricity. Zap!

F-air
Burning Kirby
12%
An aerial fireball dash that knocks opponents up and away. If you're played Kirby games, you know what I'm talking about.

D-air
Stone Kirby
10%
Look out below! Kirby drops on people's heads while in one of various stone forms. The hit is similar to Zero Suit Samus' d-air. Meteor Smash!!!

U-air
Spike Kirby
10%
Large spikes jut suddenly out of Kirby's back and poke at the enemy from below! Juggles vertically for combos.

B-air
Jet Kirby
12%
Blasts a hot plume of exhaust behind Kirby, knocking the opponents away. Same as his current b-air, but with a cute jet-shaped hat.

F-tilt
Beam Kirby
10%
Knock opponents away with a beam whip.

D-tilt
Fighter Kirby
8%
Sweep Kick. Slides on the ground, feet first and bowls opponents over.

U-tilt
Yo-Yo Kirby
8%

F-smash
Mike Kirby
15% + Charge
This attack changes depending on how long you charge the Smash attack. Without a charge, Kirby will pull out a megahorn and blast anyone in front of him with a loud shout. If charged slightly, Kirby will pull out a small microphone to ampliphy his voice. If fully charged, Kirby will use a standing stage microphone and will sing very loudly blasting anyone in front of him with a terrible screech. (other than this, acts like his same F-smash).

D-smash
Mirror Kirby
14% + Charge
Kirby will split into two images of himself and hit to both sides at the same time!

U-smash
Fighter Kirby
15% + Charge
Rising Break! Kirby does an uppercut so powerful, it splits the very air around him with the impact! Not as strong as Knuckle Joe's, but impressive none the less.

Neutral Special
Inhale
Copies opponents or spits them out! Drop off the stage to Kirbycide. Swallow items (but this time you can spit them back out as stars!)

F-Special
Cutter Kirby
5%
Tosses a blade to the side which spins around and comes back. Hop over it to keep it spinning past you.

D-Special
Bomb Kirby
8%
Pulls out a bomb. Toss it like an item. Watch out, they go off after a few seconds!

U-Special
Parasol Kirby
As seen with Peach's parasol.

Grab
Suplex Kirby
All of the following throws are done with Suplex Kirby (blue bandana)

F-throw
7% Pile Driver
As seen now.

B-throw
10% German Suplex
A strong backward toss.

D-throw
Quick Stamping
Multiple stomps, dealing 1% x 10 + 2%

U-throw
12% Back Breaker
As seen now.

Crash Kirby

18%
Kirby floats into the air and begins to emit a huge aura of power! There's a huge crash and Kirbys fly around the screen at amazing speed and striking everyone at once. The only way to avoid this is to Roll or Sidestep at the right time. This attack automatically breaks any shield.

Up Taunt
Ninja Kirby
Hops into the air and vanishes before reappearing in a puff of smoke.

Side Taunt
Ice Kirby
Skates from side to side.

Down Taunt
Sleep Kirby
Falls asleep with a green nightcap on. Wakes up with drool on his face.
Nice! That's the enthusiasm I've been looking for!

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
The only problem I got with t!mmy's moveset is his specials remind me too much of Link's. You could change his down-b back to Stone and make his d-air Tornado or something like that. Problem with that is we still want his d-air to spike...

Jet still needs to WoP and starspike...

And Spark & Wheel could have multiple hits, and would pull opponents into it so if they get hit by any part of the attack they would get hit by the rest of it.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Timmy, his Up Throw now is from Ninja, not Suplex like the rest of those. Just saying...

Other than that, nice moveset. Lots of thought obviously went into that. I'd like something other than Crash Kirby as a FS (maybe something like UFO or Ghost Kirby), just because I think Crash could be overpowered.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
U-tilt
Yo-Yo Kirby
8%
t!MmY, Ness would like to have a word with you.

*stop stealin' mah smashes*

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I know. The one I listed is from Suplex, but when I said "as seen now" I meant the knockback and effects.
Ah, gotcha. Makes sense now. Shoulda figured you knew what you were doing, lol. ;)

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
As much as I love the hammer, it would be pretty nice if Kirby could steal both Neutral-B's and Side-B's.

Stealing side taunts. Only "Hiiiii" would remove the hats.

Honestly, what's more taunting; Kirby pointing and saying "You" or Kirby running in place while singing, "Sonic's too slow"?

Stealing crawling/wall hopping/gliding/tether recoveries/exc from characters with these abilities.

Forward Air = Blowing a puff of air out. Acts like a stronger, vertical version of G+W's Up Air in that it blows characters/items away.

Duck+A = Slide Kick. The same as now, except it sends Kirby forwards.

Spitting items. Getting abilities from items. See below.

Assist Trophy/Poké Ball
Depends on who's inside.

Blast Box
Bomb Kirby

Dragoon Parts
Jet Kirby

Warp Star
Star Rod Kirby

Starman
Plays "Hyper Kirby" music.

Superspicy Curry
Burning Kirby

Lightning
Spark Kirby

Beam Sword
Sword Kirby

Home-Run Bat
Yo-Yo Kirby

Hammer/Golden Hammer
Hammer Kirby

Super Scope/Waddle Doo
Beam Kirby

Ray Gun
Laser Kirby

Fire Flower
Fire Kirby

Bob-omb
Bomb Kirby

Smart Bomb
Crash Kirby

Freezie
Ice Kirby

Hothead
Burning Kirby

Bumper
Ball Kirby

Spring
Hi-Jump Kirby

Unira
Spike Kirby

Soccer Ball
Ball Kirby

Screw Attack
Wheel Kiby

Stock Ball
Kirby's "Extra Life" music plays

CompassTosser

Smash Apprentice
UpB: Uppercut (from squeak squad *you can keep using it*)
SideB: Tornado (kind of like mk's, but last forever :D until you cancel it)
DownB: Freeze ability (the one from air ride where its all this ice spinning around him)
B: Ninja stars
Dash: wheel ability, or he hops on wheelie :) or even more crazy HYDRA
fsmash: Flame attack when he dashes while on fire
dsmash: needle
usmash: that bomb from air ride that keeps getting bigger, but Kirby is immune
final smash: crash (it destroys the stage while in affect and the screen turns white so your opponents can't see what they're doing and inflicts a 1 hit kill on everyone)

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
i would love to have seen kirbys forward b instead of hammer be fireball kirby. and he can hit walls and rise up and use it as recovery also.

Top Bottom