• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby meet Tier List

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
So were borderline uppertier, this means if more of us start placing in big name tourney's not locals then we can maybe push him up to the uppertier characters

Ladies and gentlemen, and M2K, Travis and I have compiled the most accurate tier list in the history of man. There are 7 tiers, and characters are ordered within tiers. (Note that when it gets down to like low tier and sh*t, that sh*t's like a tossup. is lucas sh*ttier than ganon? who the **** knows)

The H2YL Tier List
July 2008

God Tier
Metaknight

Top Tier
Snake
King Dedede
Falco

Upper Tier
Mr. Game&Watch
Marth
R.O.B.

High Tier
Kirby
Pit
Wario
Donkey Kong
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Peach

Mid Tier
Olimar
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Zelda
Ike
Pikachu
Fox
Toon Link

Low Tier
Samus
Ness
Bowser
Sheik
Lucas
Mario
Ganondorf
Pokemon Trainer
Sonic

Bottom Tier
Link
Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon

storm92

Smash Ace
Eh, Yoshi looks about right.

I'm surprised we got High Tier, I had always thought we'd be doomed to mid of middle.

Colbert

Smash Apprentice
Kirby is higher than Donkey Kong, Wario, and Ice Climbers?

Peach is high tier?

Olimar, Toon Link, and Zelda are only in mid tier?

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
But gonzo... big tourneys take tooooooo much travel time =/
lol but yeah no johns since I live near LA....
We should go to like a super huge tourney that its worth it to fly to and double kirby team =D lol

That tier list doesn't really seem too accurate though o.o

T-nuts

Smash Ace
so is this the "official" tier list then? im a little surprised to see kirby above the likes of donkey kong, zelda, toon link, pikachu, and ice climbers. wow, kirby is 8th best even though hes in the 4th tier o_O

edit: then again, those 7 characters above kirby DO seem to be the ones i have the most trouble with...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
.....Now people are going to start playing him. =/
I was thinking that, but the tourney's I've been to didn't pick him except me. So he's not picked at lot, but since he's placed high on the tier list, he will be picked more often later one though.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
But gonzo... big tourneys take tooooooo much travel time =/
lol but yeah no johns since I live near LA....
We should go to like a super huge tourney that its worth it to fly to and double kirby team =D lol

That tier list doesn't really seem too accurate though o.o
well actually i believe there is going to be a CH4 in Sykesville, MD. All the big names like chillin, azen, PC Chris, Guysuperfly, Toasty, Forte, Omni, Chudat, Court will b there. Its a 2 day event. Teams in the morning with pools in the evening for singles and singles double elimination the next day. If u wanna come up here i'll most definetly double Kirby team. U can check out the tourney details in the tourney listings.

I think its exceptionally accurate. With the only flaws of MK being God Tier, and Kirby not being upper Tier. Can't do to much about that though :p

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
lol critical hit... hmmm maybe if I win a big tourney I will have enough money for a plane ticket? haha :)

how effective would a double kirby team be anyways? we should come up with combos between two kirbys lol

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
.....Now people are going to start playing him. =/
Yeah, that would be annoying! I like being one of the least played characters.

I was honestly surprised Kirby was considered crappy in melee and not much better in brawl, but then again I'd never bothered to look up this site or any other until I had already played brawl for 3 months. I still think "tier lists" are completely stupid though.

With that said, what's so great about Dedede? Apparently I haven't fought any good ones..

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You all know that tier list wasn't serious right?

NNID
MasterHavik
So were borderline uppertier, this means if more of us start placing in big name tourney's not locals then we can maybe push him up to the uppertier characters

That has to be the worst tier list I have seen yet. I'm not goign to go into detail has crap thsi tier lsit is, but I'm happy Kirby got high tier and leave at that. If you really want to know what I think about this poor excuse for a tier list PM about it, ok?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
You all know that tier list wasn't serious right?
Downthrow.
Thta has to be the worst tier list I have seen yet. I'm not goign to go into detail has crap thsi tier lsit is, but I'm happy Kirby got high tier and leave at that. If you really want to know what I think about this poor excuse for a tier list PM about it, ok?
o_O

So is King Dedede still high tier in a "real" tier list? Just because of his chaingrab? (I'm assuming it's a chaingrab because I've never seen it done properly, so I don't know)

NNID
MasterHavik
o_O

So is King Dedede still high tier in a "real" tier list? Just because of his chaingrab? (I'm assuming it's a chaingrab because I've never seen it done properly, so I don't know)
I'm not sure about DDD. But he is a really good character tho. But I'm saying tier list can't never be done for any fighting game. 'Cause most ppl use the easy characters for an easy win. But will have chance of losing to me.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Snake has the best tourney results, metaknight has second best, and DDD has third best. Between these 3 and the rest there is a huge gap. So those are the 3 characters that win the most.

And there is a lot about DDD that makes him good but yes a big part of that is his chaingrab. Even without it though, his backthrow does 16% damage. Plus he has extremely long grab range.

His hammer also gives him a lot of ability to space, and his aerial game is decent, and he has really good recovery for one of the heaviest characters.

If you go to a tourney theres a good chance you will play a good DDD, along with snake and metaknight lol

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
This tier list is quite real and its based off East Coast results. Kirbyandsonicrock14 u should go ***** about this tier list on the main thread. For a Kirby player this is about how it goes for tough matchups and good matchups, were in the right spot

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
ohhh east coast ok.. I think that would explain why it seems a bit off to me... lol some characters that are underplayed in east coast are more played here and vice versa... etc.

West coast is just me and T!mmy =/

And I don't really see any other kirby players in socal besides happythecow

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
ohhh east coast ok.. I think that would explain why it seems a bit off to me... lol some characters that are underplayed in east coast are more played here and vice versa... etc.

West coast is just me and T!mmy =/

And I don't really see any other kirby players in socal besides happythecow
And I live in the backwards midwest so I'm pretty much screwed...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So make kirby god tier in midwest =D
Shouldn't be a problem...I've been playing since n64..

How the crap would I find tournaments though >_> I don't even know how to begin, and I don't have time to travel!

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Shouldn't be a problem...I've been playing since n64..

How the crap would I find tournaments though >_> I don't even know how to begin, and I don't have time to travel!
in the main brawl page in the middle is a link for tourney listings, u can find them thier

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
There's no big tournys real close to Kentucky that i know of but ill work on it. Is there a thread that gives tournament results of just the east coast? I'd like to see how they do compared to the West.

But overall, go kirby!

Masterplum

Smash Apprentice
I guess its cool that kirby's #8 but I like playing with the least played characters and surprising people with him, but whatever it's good that kirbys moving up, him being one of the few characters that can combo pretty good.

storm92

Smash Ace
I guess its cool that kirby's #8 but I like playing with the least played characters and surprising people with him, but whatever it's good that kirbys moving up, him being one of the few characters that can combo pretty good.
Kirby won't become overused, even if we make it into High.
People still look at him and think of how bad he was in Melee, and can't get past that. Either that or they just see him as he is: an average character with a couple good points.
Which isn't bad by Brawl's standards.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
kirby may be 8th overall but hes still in the 4th tier. mk is 3 whole tiers ahead, kirby will be used but definitely not overused.

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
Go Kirby... That was unexpected...The tier list looks ok I guess. I don't think kirby will be overused...

Masterplum

Smash Apprentice
Kirby won't become overused, even if we make it into High.
People still look at him and think of how bad he was in Melee, and can't get past that. Either that or they just see him as he is: an average character with a couple good points.
Which isn't bad by Brawl's standards.
Yeah youre right he was just horrible in melee.....and fat, and his recovery was suckish. I was playing melee a few days ago and I chose kirby, when I saw how fat he was I was like what is this!!??!? and his uB was just horrible

storm92

Smash Ace
Yeah same I was playing with some friends the other day and I upB'd a bit away from the edge where it would've moved enough to grab the ledge in Brawl, but completely missed it by like a full Kirby size.
He was just so slow and...pudgy.
In a metagame which rewarded quick and smaller characters.

Top Bottom