• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby is quite lucky....

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
Yes Kirby is very lucky that his creator made this series, no im not talking about the tier list although i guess hes lucky for that too, im talking about Kirby being let into brawl at all.

I want you to really think. Is kirby anywhere nearly as big as a nintendo character as hes give credit for? Hes not anywhere near Mario and Links level thats obvious but lets see his games starting from the GB and N64 to the Wii. Not much only 2

Kirby and the Krystal Shards

Kirby Air Ride

Good Games! No really im serious but its only 2 games......for the TV systems anyway yes i know kirby has made much more games but all of them are sadly hand held and werent good, even if they were the hand held series only gets a third of the popularity the TV systems have.

Now imagine the super smash bros games were gone, Kirby wouldnt be nearly as well known, his show may be good but im talking about as a video game character. Donkey Kong is about as big as kirby, bigger if you count his inclusion in games like Mario Kart and Mario Party. Yet Donkey Kong gets only 2 characters. Mario is of course bigger. F-Zero is bigger and it gets only 1 person. Fire Emblem is bigger and it gets only 2. Legend of Zelda is bigger and is more popular, They at least get 4 people. But even though its almost always Mario and Link or Mario vs Link despite the fact that while Mario is easily the biggest character closely followed by Link and that kirby is almost unknown it is Kirby who luckily makes it into Smash but also is brought up as Marios eqaul(for example at the opening). Not Luigi, not pikachu, not Link, not fox but Kirby, the smallest of those characters and Sakurais creation.

I do not hate Kirby i just think hes lucky, right there is our first impression on sakurai. In melee he was probably at his best when it comes to not being biased, while it is true he gave kirby powers he doesnt even have, he had to give him something. Yes melee was easily Sakurais best.

Here in brawl as i mentioned he gets 2 more characters over others who deserve just as much if not more

Thats my thoughts what do u think?

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Kirby Super Star (arguably one of the greatest games for the SNES) and Kirby's Dreamland 3 also for the SNES beg to differ as well as numerous puzzle games also for the SNES, multiple Gameboy, Gameboy Advance and DS games mean that Kirby is just as deserving as 3 reps as any other series in Brawl.

Plus almost all of the Gameboy Kirby games are regarded as being quite good; Kirby Canvas Curse stands as one of the best uses of the DS Touch Screen to date.

Read over that again and...as much as I love the Captain, F-Zero isn't more deserving of a rep then Kirby is especially since its only rep has an entirely made up moveset custom made for his Smash apperences

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
Yes Kirby is very lucky that his creator made this series, no im not talking about the tier list although i guess hes lucky for that too, im talking about Kirby being let into brawl at all.

I want you to really think. Is kirby anywhere nearly as big as a nintendo character as hes give credit for? Hes not anywhere near Mario and Links level thats obvious but lets see his games starting from the GB and N64 to the Wii. Not much only 2

Kirby and the Krystal Shards

Kirby Air Ride

Good Games! No really im serious but its only 2 games......for the TV systems anyway yes i know kirby has made much more games but all of them are sadly hand held and werent good, even if they were the hand held series only gets a third of the popularity the TV systems have.

Now imagine the super smash bros games were gone, Kirby wouldnt be nearly as well known, his show may be good but im talking about as a video game character. Donkey Kong is about as big as kirby, bigger if you count his inclusion in games like Mario Kart and Mario Party. Yet Donkey Kong gets only 2 characters. Mario is of course bigger. F-Zero is bigger and it gets only 1 person. Fire Emblem is bigger and it gets only 2. Legend of Zelda is bigger and is more popular, They at least get 4 people. But even though its almost always Mario and Link or Mario vs Link despite the fact that while Mario is easily the biggest character closely followed by Link and that kirby is almost unknown it is Kirby who luckily makes it into Smash but also is brought up as Marios eqaul(for example at the opening). Not Luigi, not pikachu, not Link, not fox but Kirby, the smallest of those characters and Sakurais creation.

I do not hate Kirby i just think hes lucky, right there is our first impression on sakurai. In melee he was probably at his best when it comes to not being biased, while it is true he gave kirby powers he doesnt even have, he had to give him something. Yes melee was easily Sakurais best.

Here in brawl as i mentioned he gets 2 more characters over others who deserve just as much if not more

Thats my thoughts what do u think?
Kirby is MUCH more popular than you think. He has had TV shows, been in comics and has MANY successful games other than the ones you listed. (Kirby's Dream Land 2, Kirby Super Star (bad sales, great ratings), Canvas Curse)

Also, Fire Emblem is actually much less known than the Kirby series in the US and Europe.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
As MarthTrinity said, Kirby Superstar(even disregarding the various other great console and handheld games of the Kirby franchise) begs to differ. I assume you must be too young to really know about the SNES and earlier games, seeing as almost all of Kirby's move came from Super Star which was a very well known and excellently made game...

On another note, also realize that MetaKnight and D3 were both highly requested for both previous installments of the series, and Sakurai chose not to put them in why? Because he didn't want to show bias and was being humble about his creations. Then with Brawl he decided "The fans want them, and this may be the last Smash I make, so let's give the Kirby series some solid rep."

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Either your a Kirby hater or knows nothing of Kirby. Kirby has been a Nintendo icon since Kirby Adventure, (the first best Kirby game). And theres little to no bad Kirby game to him to not have enough rep, he's basicly the 5th most important Nintendo icon in Nintendo, (Donkey Kong is 4th but it might change in a bit), he shows up in the top 4 for in Melee and Brawl because he's sieres is important addetion to Nintendo and easeily did needed more chracters due to him not having any other chracters in two Smash Bros, King Dedede was the most wanted chracter to be in Smash next to Sonic and he's one of the most important chracters in Kirby, Meta Knight was, "of course we want him in, he's important to the Kirby sieres as well." Oh and Fire Emblem wasn't a world wide title so not too many people know the chracters or the sieres that well, (kind of like Panel De Pon T_T)

But bottom line, Kirby isn't lucky to get in Smash, he deserve to be in Smash due to his awesome games. Also Pokemon and Kirby ruled handheld, BTW.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
Mm, the Mother series is blatantly over-represented in comparison to it's popularity.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Yeah, Ness and some other characters are a bit more "lucky." Kirby was somewhat well known before Smash. Other characters were known only to a select few before Smash.

Scott!

Smash Lord
If you want lucky, there are far better choices than Kirby & friends in Smash. The Mother characters, for one. When I unlocked Ness in the original, I literally went "Who?" I still only have heard of his games through smash, or people who played his game because they heard about it in smash. And who in the world is Lucas?

Even less well known is the Fire Emblem crew. Their games series is known in the US literally because of Melee. It's mostly because everyone saw how awesome Marth and Roy were that the games started getting released over here. And ow they're remaking the original game for DS? I'd say Marth is incredibly lucky to be in smash.

Another, and it's almost blasphemous for me to even say it, but it's true, is Jigglypuff. I mean seriously, Jigglypuff is incredibly lucky to be in Smash. I wouldn't have it any other way, but I mean, how significant is she? Pikachu at least had Yellow to establish itself, but Jigglypuff's only in smash because she was popular from the show, not because she was important in the pokemon games.

Also, charaacter representation in Smash isn't just decided by the relative importance of the series, but also the viability of its main characters. If it were only the important, Metroid would have at least 2, as would F-Zero. But the Metroid games only really have one viable important character, and that's Samus. (Please don't go on about Ridley; Ridley's far better as a boss, and this isn't the place for yet another Ridley discussion.) Same thing with F-Zero. The utter lack of characters in that series that were viable led to the creation of a move-set for Captain Falcon that revolved around him being completely manly and that was completely made up, without any basis in the games. At least the Kirby trio all have movesets that fit their characters.

However, I will agree that Kirby's lucky to be in the group of four that were first introduced and are seen as the top four (Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby). Honestly, I doubt he'd be there if it weren't Sakurai. I would expect Fox or Samus or DK over Kirby. But that's just me guessing; I'm no pro on Nintendo history or the relative success of the different franchises. I'd just guess that those 3 are more recognizeable Nintendo mascots than Kirby.

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
Lucky? Look at the ICs. NOONE would know of them if SSB didn't exist. Viper, I salute you. And court-martial your grammar.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
The older gamers were very familiar with the Retro characters really - while they might not remember them so easily now they were quite well known back when things like the Game and Watch or the NES were actually new.

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
I meant that Kirby is known outside of SSB often. Kirby's got his own Wiki, for Pete's sake.

Also, ROB & Pit also qualify.

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
You know now that u mention it, ness is indeed quite lucky........ I said starting from N64 and GB because thats when the big 3D thing as well as hand held came into play. I said his video game prerformance otherwise we would have digimon in SSBB ='(.

Alright ill admit i was being based too much on my opinion in parts of the post where i said that his hand held games werent that great (because thats how they were IMO) Still i found his TV system games good and they both have alot of potential im surprised sakurai doesnt make more

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Alright ill admit i was being based too much on my opinion in parts of the post where i said that his hand held games werent that great (because thats how they were IMO) Still i found his TV system games good and they both have alot of potential im surprised sakurai doesnt make more
I'm sure Sakurai's working on it, now that Kirby Super Star Ultra and Brawl are out of the way. Besides, it's more fun to take Kirby everywhere with you!

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
The last time I've played a Kirby game was a long time ago. But still when they announced King Dedede to be in Brawl, I recognized him immediatly. But I didn't know Meta Knight. The Kirby series are well known, but Kirby shouldn't be on Smash Bros. top 4. It should be made of Mario, Link, Pikachu and Fox (I think the Star Fox series are more popular and have more sucess).

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
The last time I've played a Kirby game was a long time ago. But still when they announced King Dedede to be in Brawl, I recognized him immediatly. But I didn't know Meta Knight. The Kirby series are well known, but Kirby shouldn't be on Smash Bros. top 4. It should be made of Mario, Link, Pikachu and Fox (I think the Star Fox series are more popular and have more sucess).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

On this list, the Kirby series is #27, and I don't think Star Fox is on there at all (unless I'm blind).

Akiak

Smash Ace
Nope. Kirby rocks. Canvas Curse was excellent and he's done many games all with high ratings.

Maybe his sales are SLIGHTLY low but not that much to make him an unpopular character.
EVERYONE knows Kirby!
Man how I love Kirby Superstar Ultra for DS. You guys should try it.

Also F-Zero and Fire Emblem are not as popular as you think. Here in Europe no one knows em.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
Handheld games are not as popular? Um...where have you been for the last 15 years?

From Wikipedia:
"The Game Boy and Game Boy Color combined have sold 118.69 million units worldwide. Upon its release in the United States, it sold its entire shipment of one million units within weeks."
"The N64 sold 32.93 million units worldwide."
The SNES sold 49.1 million.
"The GameCube sold 21.74 million units worldwide."
Wii: "Worldwide: 29.62 million (as of June 30, 2008)"

It took nintendo's consoles 18 years to outsell the original Game Boy sir. And considering how many Game Boy games Kirby has had, I would say that you are wrong.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

On this list, the Kirby series is #27, and I don't think Star Fox is on there at all (unless I'm blind).
You're right, I didn't see Star Fox in the list either. I always thought the series were popular, but now... I see that even Animal Crossing sells more. Well, DK is more popular than Kirby but maybe because he is related to the Mario series, they didn't put him in the top 4.
I guess Kirby deserves his place. :)

AAP

Smash Journeyman
I think kirby is more deserving than A LOT of people in Smash.

as many have said->Fire Emblem, i had NO idea who marth and roy were when i first saw them and have yet to play a Fire Emblem game.

Captain Falcon is most likely carried on due to popularity in smash. really tho, what would a smash game be if you couldn't Falcon Paunch people?

Personally i like the old school/classic characters, it gives the old characters a game to exist in. That's probably why i find Snake the least appealing character in the game.

Icelement

Smash Cadet

You're so, so mistaken. I'd rather not actually check, but I can name more than a dozen off the top of my head:
Kirby's Dream Land (1, 2, 3)
Kirby's Adventure (also a re-release I don't remember the name of)
Kirby's Avalanche
Kirby's Dream Course
Kirby's Super Star
Kirby's Pinball Land
Kirby's Air Ride
Kirby's Tilt and Tumble
Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Kirby Canvas Curse
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Kirby Squeak Squad

Wow I shouldn't remember that much :p

Anyways, s/he deserves a high spot on the reservation list compared to most characters. Being 13~ and only knowing about two games Kirby has been in doesn't mean that that's all s/he's been in. I'm positive there are a few more games as well, but I'm not clear on the names. Meh.

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure Sakurai's working on it, now that Kirby Super Star Ultra and Brawl are out of the way. Besides, it's more fun to take Kirby everywhere with you!
You can put w.e you want on wikipedia btw it had more than Nintendo anyway

Its obvious that the Wii is bigger than the DS, although there are probably more sold due to the fact it is less of a big deal and less fun, therfore less expensive. The best DS game is told to be Mario Kart DS, im sorry but double dash was better than that....NO IM NOT SAYING IT SUCKED! Its quite good for a DS game but still a game from a even older console is better, then again the same could be said for Mario Kart Wii because of its abysmal battle......

anyway theres more to what I said, not only did kirby make it He was brought up to be considered Marios eqaul or rival when it should have been Donkey Kong, Link, Pikachu or Luigi........I will say though Sakurai did well on Melee, not much if any biased stuff there......

zacharia zako

Smash Journeyman
If you want lucky, there are far better choices than Kirby & friends in Smash. The Mother characters, for one. When I unlocked Ness in the original, I literally went "Who?" I still only have heard of his games through smash, or people who played his game because they heard about it in smash. And who in the world is Lucas?

Even less well known is the Fire Emblem crew. Their games series is known in the US literally because of Melee. It's mostly because everyone saw how awesome Marth and Roy were that the games started getting released over here. And ow they're remaking the original game for DS? I'd say Marth is incredibly lucky to be in smash.

Another, and it's almost blasphemous for me to even say it, but it's true, is Jigglypuff. I mean seriously, Jigglypuff is incredibly lucky to be in Smash. I wouldn't have it any other way, but I mean, how significant is she? Pikachu at least had Yellow to establish itself, but Jigglypuff's only in smash because she was popular from the show, not because she was important in the pokemon games.

Also, charaacter representation in Smash isn't just decided by the relative importance of the series, but also the viability of its main characters. If it were only the important, Metroid would have at least 2, as would F-Zero. But the Metroid games only really have one viable important character, and that's Samus. (Please don't go on about Ridley; Ridley's far better as a boss, and this isn't the place for yet another Ridley discussion.) Same thing with F-Zero. The utter lack of characters in that series that were viable led to the creation of a move-set for Captain Falcon that revolved around him being completely manly and that was completely made up, without any basis in the games. At least the Kirby trio all have movesets that fit their characters.

However, I will agree that Kirby's lucky to be in the group of four that were first introduced and are seen as the top four (Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby). Honestly, I doubt he'd be there if it weren't Sakurai. I would expect Fox or Samus or DK over Kirby. But that's just me guessing; I'm no pro on Nintendo history or the relative success of the different franchises. I'd just guess that those 3 are more recognizeable Nintendo mascots than Kirby.
I fully agree with jiggs bein lucky. I mean just cause he has anger managment issues and bad artistic face painting skills doesnt deserve a right in brawl. Ever think about other pokemon that were actually important????? maybe pika's evolve form Raichu? or mew? or maybe even meowth? well maybe not the talking cat but honestly whats better? Pay day attack or sing attack? I guess jiggs was chosen cuz of the fact literally ANY pokemon could be in the SSB series. i mean think about it all you have to do is give a pokemon some move sets srom the show or the game and it can in brawl. People I guess just liked jiggs too much and sakurai added him to boost the popularity of pokemon.

anway, kirby needs to be in smash bros! he's one of the veterans. the top characters that gave nintendo all its glory eve nif he had only a few good games. Having beat ripple star, the last boss in kirby 64 not too long abo gave me a better view of this pink puff ball. that game was amazing. kirby airide was genius too. my freinds and i were addicted to that game back in the day. im not saying he's better than zelda or mario but he deserves a spot up there with the plumber and magic swordsman guy even though his moveset was toatlly random. except for neutral b which was actuallya very unique idea that can be good in some cases. from now on though, cut kirby some slack, will ya?

Diddy2k8

Smash Cadet
Are u serious?? While kirby may not be icon status as say mario and link he is still quite popular. Kirby superstar was top 5 snes games of all time. How can u say kirby don't deserve to be in with chars like rob game and watch ice climbers ike zss and olimar are in the game.

Aran

Smash Apprentice
Kirby was the first char I picked up in SSB64 because he was my favorite character BEFORE I'd played smash.

Ice Climber was one of my favorite games growing up.

Now seriously, ROB? You're telling me that Kirby's less well known than ROB?

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
well if they let Ness in i guess Kirby should be in too, although Sakurai may have only let him in so nobody questions kirby. But yes he did put him up there with Nintendos top mascots.

However notice this, on Melee it was clear the 4 icon characters for this game were

Mario, Link, Pikachu and Kirby. Obviously Mario was there as hes Nintendos mascot, Link was there otherwise there would be mobs complaining, Pikachu made it of course because pokemons so big, kirby made it because of Sakurai.

In brawl however.....they show the same people in the trailer followed by a few new comers however after this it begins to narrow down, Pikachu is kicked out of the club and Links importance slowely decreases. In fact even minor things such as the multi man melee feature only mario and kirby along with the boy and girl ones (Caption falcon and Zelda, though they dont mention this)

Mith_

Smash Champion
Characters most people wouldn't know of if it werent for smash:

Pit
Ice Climbers
R.O.B
Captain Falcon
Marth
Ike
Ness
Lucas
Mr. Game and Watch

I think those people are far more lucky than Kirby.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
well if they let Ness in i guess Kirby should be in too, although Sakurai may have only let him in so nobody questions kirby. But yes he did put him up there with Nintendos top mascots.

However notice this, on Melee it was clear the 4 icon characters for this game were

Mario, Link, Pikachu and Kirby. Obviously Mario was there as hes Nintendos mascot, Link was there otherwise there would be mobs complaining, Pikachu made it of course because pokemons so big, kirby made it because of Sakurai.

In brawl however.....they show the same people in the trailer followed by a few new comers however after this it begins to narrow down, Pikachu is kicked out of the club and Links importance slowely decreases. In fact even minor things such as the multi man melee feature only mario and kirby along with the boy and girl ones (Caption falcon and Zelda, though they dont mention this)
I wouldn't consider there to only be 4 icon characters in the original. If anybody was in the background, it would be Jigglypuff and Ness to some extent. Just because you don't know about the classics does not make them relevant.

I'm detecting a bit of bias in your posts, Darkest-Link.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Ness was lucky in the American audience's view point but the games are popular in Japan and most people there would know of Ness, and perhaps Lucas if they followed along with the series.

And to any American who might want to think this way, the Smash series wasn't made for us in the states alone. The US is only one of Nintendo's markets. The inclusion of Japanese only title characters was for the Japanese. Of course we don't know about them until Brawl but that's the beauty of it. The fact that they included characters from Japanese only games allows the Americans and Europeans to see these characters and start a demand for these games. If it weren't for Melee we wouldn't know about the Fire Emblem series and those are some really fun games.

Some of the inclusions were a bit weird yes, like Ice Climbers; their game is indeed fun but they don't go around fighting everything and die when they fall a height greater than themselves. R.O.B wasn't a character from a game, he was a console accessory, but he is still iconic to Nintendo. R.O.B was made to be directed towards the American audience to help gain popularity for the NES and we all know how well the NES did. Anyone who says that Game & Watch isn't worthy is also oblivious to the history of Nintendo. You may not know about him but he was around before Mario, an iconic figure before the man in overalls. Every single one of his moves comes from a different game that he was featured in. I don't know how many moves each character has but that is a LOT of games into the Game & Watch series.

My guess is that people just don't know the history of Nintendo. That is why they say characters like Pit aren't worthy for Brawl. Even saying Snake isn't can be false, his original games were ground breaking and on the Nintendo consoles. In my opinion Sonic is the only character who doesn't deserve it. The fans demanded it and that is why he is in the game. Only when Sega lost its position in the console wars did Sonic actually have games on a Nintendo console, and you could also get some of those games on other systems. Snake got his start with Nintendo, Sonic was made to compete against Nintendo. Which do you think belongs more?

GodotAA

Smash Ace
I'm detecting a bit of bias in your posts, Darkest-Link.

Im detecting ALOT of bias in his posts. Kirby made like 80 bajillion games and sold even more...
To say that kirby doesn't belong in brawl is stupid, and to still be argueing it is ignorant... It sounds like he got beat by his friends kirby badly and is pretty tight about it...

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
Im detecting ALOT of bias in his posts. Kirby made like 80 bajillion games and sold even more...
To say that kirby doesn't belong in brawl is stupid, and to still be argueing it is ignorant... It sounds like he got beat by his friends kirby badly and is pretty tight about it...
OMG IM A LINK FAN!? Well done super slougths. If you honestly think Link isnt big in Nintendo i beg you to please take a IQ test and show the results to your mother so she will realize y a grilled cheese sandwich is smarter than you.

"Kirby made like 80 bajillion games and sold even more..." That has so much failure its not even funny, yes kirby made alot of games but not many were given credit except for air ride and Kirby 64.

Now to all of you please before you make yourselves look stupid

DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE YOU POST!

Fire Emblem is HUGE in japan, and yes for the ******* who still havnt caught on.....THIS GAME IS MADE IN JAPAN! =0

Imagine Nintendo games in america, now imagine double the famous icons and characters.....welcome to japan. Jigglypuff is more famous than Kirby actully, perhaps they should have done charzard or somone else from the begining but jiggly puff is a famous pokemon, almost as famous as pikachu. Ness was also made in Japan although is still count him lucky as he was only big on the nes.

Heres how i view kirby:Wasted potiential. They waste to much time on the handhelds with him even though he sold better on the TV system, if he just made more games for the TV system his popularity would skyrocket

Now im going to ask how many people know about Kirby for those who

Dont own SSB/M/B

dont own a nintendo

because my friend owns a Xbox and he knows about Mario and Link and Pikachu but i havnt asked him about Kirby.

Last thing:Its not just letting kirby in, its how much hes giving him

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
OMG IM A LINK FAN!? Well done super slougths. If you honestly think Link isnt big in Nintendo i beg you to please take a IQ test and show the results to your mother so she will realize y a grilled cheese sandwich is smarter than you.

"Kirby made like 80 bajillion games and sold even more..." That has so much failure its not even funny, yes kirby made alot of games but not many were given credit except for air ride and Kirby 64.

Fire Emblem is HUGE in japan, and yes for the ******* who still havnt caught on.....THIS GAME IS MADE IN JAPAN! =0

Imagine Nintendo games in america, now imagine double the famous icons and characters.....welcome to japan. Jigglypuff is more famous than Kirby actully, perhaps they should have done charzard or somone else from the begining but jiggly puff is a famous pokemon, almost as famous as pikachu. Ness was also made in Japan although is still count him lucky as he was only big on the nes.

Heres how i view kirby:Wasted potiential. They waste to much time on the handhelds with him even though he sold better on the TV system, if he just made more games for the TV system his popularity would skyrocket
Here is how I see it: Kirby is a handheld series. To say his best games were console systems is ignorant. You might have enjoyed them more than handheld games but he is a character who works better in 16 bit platforming. And Gameboys happen to have said graphics so wouldn't the joy of taking Kirby with you wherever fir perfectly? It does.
Kirby is like Pokemon IMO, a handheld system. Why should they make console Pokemon games when it is clearly the handhelds that the fans want? Canvas Curse was AMAZING and was not a console game of Kirby.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

Now im going to ask how many people know about Kirby for those who

Dont own SSB/M/B

dont own a nintendo

because my friend owns a Xbox and he knows about Mario and Link and Pikachu but i havnt asked him about Kirby.

Last thing:Its not just letting kirby in, its how much hes giving him
I'm 100% sure the guy you quoted was not saying that Kirby is more popular than Link.

Also, Kirby Super Star is one of the best games like, evar, and a lot of people would agree with that.

Jigglypuff is popular...for a Pokemon.

What's your point? Kirby is popular, of course not more so than Mario or Link or Pikachu, but Kirby is popular, no doubt about it. Do some research before you post; it sounds like you just have some odd grudge against Kirby. <( '.' )>

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I suppose we can conclude that the topic creator does not know much about the Kirby franchise or has bad taste in Kirby games.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
the kirby Franchise is just as good as the zelda franchise in my opinion... but i do think zelda is more popular.

A link to the past was a great game. Ive played every handheld zelda game beat and loved them all. Ocarina was good. never beat majora, got bored of twilight...

NIghtmare in dreamland for GBA was so good its not even funny... that game is just as good as any of the zelda games as well as SUperstar to say theres fail in my statement just shows theres fail in your arguement... im no kirby fanboy either .... My favorite nintendo franchise is metriod and it will always be... i just wish samus didnt fail and i didnt fail with zero suit.

my internet grammarz is great

You say IN JAPAN jigglypuff is more popular... Do you even live in america... Do you understand how popular Pokemon was in the US.

but really

Every Character in Brawl is Popular and very well known to EVERYONE cept for a few. (Rob, Game and Watch)
i sitll have people ask me where they are from. BUT they hold some value to nintendo... So they put them in

TO Say that not one of the characters does not belong in Brawl is stupid and you should just stop posting.

Top Bottom