• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Infinite Jumps? (kinda similiar to Bowsers Infinite Jumps)

ShumPenPo

Smash Apprentice
Uh, doesn't look very infinate to me, Thats Kirbys standard muli-jump.
by this you're saying kirby has more than 10 jumps normally. hes actually using his forward+B just like bowser to make his character land without landing.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Kirby doesn't need an infinite jump. Bowser does, he lacks maneuverability. It's not very helpful but it's there none the less.

Sychu

Smash Apprentice
right before he touches the ground, he cancels his hammer move with another jump like bowser....
Oh, i see now! Thats pretty fascinating, great find Phlemingo and sorry for the misinterpretation; Kabbi just keeps gettin better n' betta. Is it true that the beast has finally awakened from his smash64 days?!

iruchii

Smash Apprentice
This will help Kirby with mindgames only, while it helps Bowser moving around.

Well, if every character has it, then there we have it, the new kind of 'lag canceling'.

Finch

Smash Lord
This is actually really useful for kirby, just not when he uses all his jumps from it. He just does that in the video to show you that it's infinite, but with this he can jump once (?), bair or uair and then land with no lag. Very important for kirby.

wakka444

Smash Ace
Pure speculation right here for me but based on these two confirmed having it, id say ANY forward B that is fast enough to be done near the ground and end before actually touching the ground could do this...but i cant test it blah blah stuff, cool tech though hope it stays(of course it will)

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Actually, it looks like it's only real use is to damage shields or punish very laggy moves. Look at the video again and you'll notice that the player set it up to jump after the second swing. Assuming that this is the way it has to be, you can count on being shielded since there is a considerable amount of time between the two strikes. Also, there isn't really anything you can do but double jump or suffer lag. I'm thinking it's not useful for mobility or attacking.

Edit - Something I forgot to add in is that since this itself takes a long time to get to the second swing, it makes it pretty much impossible to punish a laggy move without extreme prediction.

Double edit - Okay, so something really obvious crossed my mind, and I guess I was assuming that people were only going to use the second hit. I s'pose you could still use the first hit but I would say that it makes this a pretty situational technique. Maybe not useless though.

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
It seems like any B move that gets land-canceled will have this property. I'm pretty sure you can do it with Samus's missile cancel.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
Meh, not every character has it. Fox, Falco, and Wolf almost certainly don't since their Smash B's count as recovery techniques.

paOol

Smash Apprentice
seriously, someone test please.
my modchip is still not here -___________- or i'd do it myself.

AustiniusRex

Smash Journeyman
Temporary. Soon to be replaced by a zombie-proof
Stop comparing this to bowser's infinite jump. Bowser clearly has access to infinite HORIZONTAL DISTANCE whereas kirby seems to have infinite HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL. So while kirby's is slower it is made more effective by his multiple jumps. However, if one needs to nearly touch the ground for either kirby's or bowser's infinite jump, this is only useful for a few mind games and other minor things.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
So has nobody thought about the fact that kirby can now stall infinetely off stage much better and easier than bowser can?

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Same diff, yo. XP

The point is still that you can't do an unstoppable stall with it because you need land.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Well even though Bowser and kirby side b's have special properties isn't is possible for other characters to have this as well?

We should starting making a list of characters who can have infinite jumps, who knows this could turn out to be the new wavedash.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
I'm betting every character can do this with their sideB, except those that put them into fallspecial.

The question is, who benefits most from this?
I'd say Dedede.

Top Bottom