• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby in Doubles

Pariah

Smash Apprentice
Where do you think Kirby stands in doubles play?

Personally I think Kirby is a support character. It really compliments Kirby's puny KO moves if you use a high tier or something, I guess. Kirby does suxxorz at KO, but he can drill about with moves and just pepper the opponent so that your teammate can smash them. Kirby would probably need to keep one opponent out of the fight and them team up on the other.

What do you think?

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
you've made alot of topics recently but didn't really support them as they grew, you just made them and left them! Sorry had to get that out

Kirby is a support character, you're right, hes best used as you team up with him against both foes instead of trying to fight one on one.

When my friend uses kirby as my team-mate, his sucking is the focus of his play (lol). he sucks me in at random and uses me as a projectile, after being spit out, you recover instantly and I follow up my combos from the air after the initial hit.

Another good thing is to let kirby suck someone in and let them break out manually so they lag and can be smashed easily.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
You didn't read the Doubles section in The Competitive Kirby? This disheartens me, as it answers many of your questions.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kirby is high tier for teams.

Though in 1v1s he sucks.

When there are 2 people v 1 kirby, he gets even better!!!!

or not?

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
somebody should make a kirby general doubles discussion or something that way we can work on kirbys strategys on doubles and not have to have new threads about it. Kind of like the kirby general discussion except about doubles. we should use this one for that.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Kirby is high tier for teams.
Your Kirby = God Tier in teams

But yeah, Kirby's awesome ability to delay approaching attackers for so long really compliments the finer points of say, a good Marth, Falcon, or Falco.

Copying powers in team battles is very effective sometimes :D

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Kirby Falco is a really scary team. Trust me. KKK is scary >_>.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
with kirby falco you can SHL and SHDL simultaneously. it's a ridiculously sticky situation when both opponents get hit by constant laser spam. jumping is no use.

Top Bottom