• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Hat Tier List-finished

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Kirby Hat Tier List (8-13-05)

(top tier)

1)doc
2)falco
3)mario
4)mewtwo

(high tier)

5)fox
6)ice climbers
7)samus
8)yoshi
9)shiek
10)link
11)y.link
12)zelda

(mid tier)

13)bowser
14)pikachu
15)mr g.&w.
16)luigi
17)jigglypuff

(low tier)
18)dk
19)roy
20)marth
21)pichu
22)ganondorf
23)falcon

(bottom tier)

24)ness
25)peach

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
[question #1] "why is mewtwo above samus".
[answer] whilst fighting mewtwo kirby's copied ablility is your best weapon,it can assure you an automatic ko if you hit mewtwo while he is off the ledge..you basically get much better results when fighting mewtwo,than what you get while fighting samus

[question #2]"what about fox,shouldnt he be top]
[answer]...( disregarding shdl) the reason fox didnt make it to the top is because :when your fighting fox, he is generaly always in your face..which doesnt give you much time to use your copied abilities

keep in mind the difference in young link and link's speed

DeathscytheHello

Smash Journeyman
Pretty good list... Not in the exact same order as I would put them in, but close enough. My question, though, concerns how high the IC ability is... any specific reason?

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
when your fighting the icies they odviosly wavedash alot and that makes them move faster than kirby can...but if you can shoot ice...you can stop the wavedashing...and cripple the ice climbers technique...trust me...its a great kirby hat

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
when your fighting the icies they odviosly wavedash alot and that makes them move faster than kirby can...but if you can shoot ice...you can stop the wavedashing...and cripple the ice climbers technique...trust me...its a great kirby hat

DeathscytheHello

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I haven't fought a good IC, so that's why I asked. Mario's is just a good projectile... I can't give a certain strategy.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
well....if i must...i can go in depth about why i (and the kirby hat tier list team)...made the desicions that are posted...but...im really too lazy

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
lol, kailo your so dumb........kirby is very low on the tier list. and adding some stupid hat to him doesnt help him better AT ALL!

I cant believe u even tried making something stupid like this...

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Just because you have to rely on a top tier, judging by your name, to be good doesn't mean we do.
I think the list is pretty good. I personally think that CF/Ganon and Bowser should be higher. And possibly Ness a little bit... maybe. But overall, a very fine list indeed.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
I dont rely on top tier....i just know people picking DK or yoshi will NEVVVVVER be at a high rank like ken and CJ. Plus, i got the game on the 2nd or 3rd day it was out....tier list WAS NOT talked about on the2nd 3rd day.....so shut up Mo-Ron untill you know something.

Dodger

Smash Ace
The Great Marth said:
lol, kailo your so dumb........kirby is very low on the tier list. and adding some stupid hat to him doesnt help him better AT ALL!

I cant believe u even tried making something stupid like this...
Good god man. This list list has NOTHING to do with Kirby's tier placement. It's not meant to "help him better". It is simply a list of the copiable abilities from best to worst. Get that through your head. It's not stupid because it does have a use. For instance if I'm fighting Doc the list says that pills are useful against doc,, but if I'm fighting peach I know now that I shouldn't waste my time. It's just a handy bit of info for any Kirby player to know.

I for one think the list is very cool and thank Kailo and whoever else helped him to make the list.

DeathscytheHello

Smash Journeyman
The Great Marth said:
I dont rely on top tier....i just know people picking DK or yoshi will NEVVVVVER be at a high rank like ken and CJ. Plus, i got the game on the 2nd or 3rd day it was out....tier list WAS NOT talked about on the2nd 3rd day.....so shut up Mo-Ron untill you know something.
So... what does the day that you got the game on have anything to do with this? Also, the high rank people are high rank because of how good they are, not how good their characters are.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Dude my tier list was better. I say that, cause it Young Link arrows are better than Links. They shouldnt be in the same tier.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
wow..all i gotta say is "wtf".
how is Doc's copied abilitied the top tier of character specific use.

Kirby can float retreat away w/ the pills...but doc has a frickin' cape, d00b. It makes the pills go right back at him feeding him a healthy 15% a pop.

and bowser hat needs to be top tier. Small character plus lengthy chipping attack on huge heavy target = pain.

Takaichi

Smash Cadet
it's decent but you forgot everyone in the top tier cand deflect projectiles... so this should still be a rough draft you still need some kinks to work out

DeathscytheHello

Smash Journeyman
The good abilities are mainly in the eye of the beholder. I think Kirby's inhale is better than a lot of these, but, hey, if you want to know what to copy, this is just a suggestion. I already know what I want to copy, so I don't really need this list, but it is interesting to see the ideas of another person.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
ok...guys...there are no kinks to work out......me and 13 other people spent the last 8 weeks working on this crap....and if you dont like it....try to make a better one XD

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
Sorry but ken wouldnt be where he is if he used yoshi instead of marth.
Also, by me stating that i chose marth since day one prove i dont rely on top tier...

now how hard was that to grasp?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
...alright..fine.

Here's my list...

VERY USEFUL
Falco: basicly...Kirby can shoot 2 in a single SH which makes an exellent offense. As reflector-precaution he can duck following it, and avoid any reflections...while sniping w/ his D.Tilt to finish the approach combo or go into a grab. Using it in the air while recovering takes away his edgeguarding game by alot as the occasional distractions buy you an easier time back to the level.

Bowser: Firebreathe is normally not a great move, but in the hands of a small target versing a huge heavy one, it can potentially be devastating damage wise and work well in mind games such as attacking from the air above..then dropping further away starting the fire earlier. Bowser can't move through it, forcing him to retreat, shield(making him easier to attack, once its smaller) or take some damage trying to get through) Its also a great edgeguarding tool against the koopa because of its lower trajectory angle.

USEFUL

Samus: nothing devastatingly different from Samus, except that it is low enough to hit samus before she can grab onto the ledge if u time it right. She's also more susceptible to be hit by her since she is a larger, floatier character that tends to missle rush from her cancels, which provide a small opportunity to blast through her missle and get her when she isn't expecting it.

Mewtwo: Same rules apply here, except since kirby is so small the shadowball when charging provides a much greater defense than it would for mewtwo. Moreso a fancy means of getting under your oponents skin..but charging it into the edge is a decent defense ready to shoot if the opposite way if he goes over/ends up over.

SITUATIONAL

Pikachu: The jolts are a great annoy tactic defensively, but Pika is...capable of sexing through them. Kirby also lacks the ability to keep up w/ Pika's speed for potential followups from them. The reason this power is worth taking is because an occasional projectile is alot better then having your Inhale, since a good Pika will break out and QuickAttack(through any of your attacks) back up to the level anyway.

Sheik: Needles are a great projectile and kirby's multi floats provide more room for mixing up the charges as feints for the real aerial diagonal launch. Sadly, he lacks the speed though to follow up in even a fraction of the possibilities sheik has from them. They work good as a edgeguard tool, too.

Young Link: You can drop multiple arrows while drifting away or towards using your multi jumps as an annoy tactic, or provide shelter for a landing when you're being edgeguarded. And since you're so floaty you can charge them in the air alot easier. Not a great projectile but something that can be ackward for the oponent.

NOT USEFUL

Everyone Else: Basically..i'm saying having your Inhale on hand as a kamikazee or pseudo kamikazee into survive is well worth more, than what others' powers will give you against the owners. Fireballs are caped. Some are too small like Nayru's Love and the swords, and some are just not useful against the owners like Fox w/ his speed and a single IceShot vs. 2 characters.

CuckooOfTime

Smash Journeyman
Just because Kirby sucks doesn't mean that doing a tier list based on his hats is pointless. I mean, think about it, just because he isn't a high tier character doesn't mean that he's not going to be played. A lot of people play characters that are low on the tier list just because they're low on the tier list. Mo-Ron.

Oh, and YL's arrows > Link's arrows.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
THe thingis, if your floating, Caped pills don't hit you. Falco can Shine, Jump cancel to SHB. Samus Can jump over it to Missle cancel, etc. Every move has a weakness.

But Doc is overrated, I'm beginning to think that you can't order the hats... It's usually better not to suck.

Peaches

Smash Lord
Your trying to hardf Cyphus, anyone who would have actually listened pretty much ignored this thread.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I was expecting a OMG S4mus k1rby b3 teh c00L! type, but there actually inteligent conversation going on. Good work guys.

And don't forget Kirby can flame cancel as bowser.

/\/1/\/J4

Smash Journeyman
eh i liek jiggs power in 2v2 if jigs your teamate and other team picks heavy guys like bower rollout is good unlkess they know how to dodge good

Gnight

Smash Journeyman
How come the pichu hat isn't bottom teir on this list? You freakin' hurt yourself.

simijaca

Smash Rookie
agreeeee!!! read the tier "istructions" a good bowsere can beat a bad shiek! dont generalize!

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
i personaly think that yoshi kirby hat is top tier...but you guys (majority)say falco is better....so i cant even agree with my own tier lst anymore

DeathscytheHello

Smash Journeyman
With Ganon, I would just guess that since they both aren't the quickest B moves, the list creators decided to go with power over speed.

superscience890

Smash Cadet
Why is Doctor Mario on the top?? I really don't like it because of the bounce but i like fox's blaster cause its quick and you can stick it in almost anytime

Top Bottom