• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Hat Speculation

Onichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OniXiion
With the Kirby Special Moves Update on Dec. 20th showing the Zelda Cap as the young Zelda from Ocarina of Time, I think this shows that Sakurai has not forgotten about that game, and thus not about Shiek. I'm sure he wishes to preserve Zelda's moveset as much as possible, maybe a little tweak here or there, nothing big.

Now don't take this as "OMG SHIEK COMFIRMED!!! MODEL TO SHOW!!!11!!!!one!!!!" just that there is more in the favor of Shiek still being Zelda's Down Transformation.

Thoughts?

Edit: Before anyone says this doesn't belong here I thought since its more on Zelda keeping her moveset and when Kirby swallows Zelda, it was appropriate. If I'm wrong then I apologize.

Illyasvel

Smash Apprentice
No, he gets the OoT Zelda Child Hat cause it's a smaller version of her, as it's supossed to be. Not only another crown would look bad, but he can't just ignore Ocarina of Time. Doesn't clarify anything to me about Sheik. I'm not a Sheik-hater, but I want Zelda to be a complete character, yes.

PS: He'll run out of character updates soon, Zelda's getting closer and closer

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
D:
This pretty much confirms Sakurai doesn't care about continuity.

Sheik seems pretty likely now.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
How does this up Sheik's chances? This has nothing to do with Sheik's chances. Don't deny with some lame fact please. D:

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
How does this up Sheik's chances? This has nothing to do with Sheik's chances. Don't deny with some lame fact please. D:

Where was Young Zelda in TP?
Did Adult Zelda wear that headdress in TP?

Kirby absorbed Adult TP Zelda's power, and received Young OOT Zelda's headdress.

I don't think it's really impossible to think TP Zelda could transform into Sheik anymore.

As much as I hate to admit it, Zelda is a fusion of every Zelda in the series.

****...Sheik
><

BUUUT,
On the plus side, there's a considerable difference between wearing your ancestors outfit, and actually transforming INTO your ancestor.
Although, I doubt Sakurai sees it that technically.

Sheik FTL!

Onichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OniXiion
Where was Young Zelda in TP?
Did Adult Zelda wear that headdress in TP?

Kirby absorbed Adult TP Zelda's power, and received Young OOT Zelda's headdress.

I don't think it's really impossible to think TP Zelda could transform into Sheik anymore.

As much as I hate to admit it, Zelda is a fusion of every Zelda in the series.

****...Sheik
><

BUUUT,
On the plus side, there's a considerable difference between wearing your ancestors outfit, and actually transforming INTO your ancestor.
Although, I doubt Sakurai sees it that technically.

Sheik FTL!
Alright good, someone else can see what I mean about this, it is harder to say that Zelda is 100% Twilight Princess and that Sheik is out of the game. It is merely more of a possibility since a part (albeit through another character) of Zelda still represents Ocarina of Time. With the current head of the Zelda franchise already telling us that he is working on a Ganandorf and Shiek model, I felt that Shiek would be an Assist Trophy when we didn't see him/her on Zelda screens.

I liked Zelda's original moveset, and I am sure it will be balanced and both parts will be 'playable'.

Drake3

Smash Ace
With the Kirby Special Moves Update on Dec. 20th showing the Zelda Cap as the young Zelda from Ocarina of Time, I think this shows that Sakurai has not forgotten about that game, and thus not about Shiek. I'm sure he wishes to preserve Zelda's moveset as much as possible, maybe a little tweak here or there, nothing big.

Now don't take this as "OMG SHIEK COMFIRMED!!! MODEL TO SHOW!!!11!!!!one!!!!" just that there is more in the favor of Shiek still being Zelda's Down Transformation.

Thoughts?

Edit: Before anyone says this doesn't belong here I thought since its more on Zelda keeping her moveset and when Kirby swallows Zelda, it was appropriate. If I'm wrong then I apologize.
Agreed. When I saw that headdress I said "Aw crap". There's no reason to give Kirby something Zelda wasn't currently wearing unless there's some sort of connection. It wouldn't have been that hard to give the new ZeldaKirby the crown, hair, earrings, smock, etc. But alas, he gives her that thing that connects to OoT.

It's unfortunate that they didn't feel it was necessary to show Kirby using Zelda's B-Move, because that could clear up a few things.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
If some users here say that "Ness can still be in" then I say that Sheik can still be out!

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Zelda headress= Same one he had in Melee. No reason to give him a new one.

No Zelda B move shown, thats mean

Lol @ Squirtle.

Snake could have been done way better.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Ummm, I don't personally think this changes anything. It's just a simple head dress. . . IMO this is the same as Zelda having Din's fire and what not. Plus, I didn't see much change in his hats from Melee characters.

Iris

Smash Ace
I'm more worried that this confirms Nayru's Love as her standard special, simply because if they aren't going to change the hat, why would they change the move? It's always possible something like Light Arrows could be down B, but it seems less likely.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I thought they would change Zelda's Kirby hat because of her TP look. Given that Kirby still has her OoT hat makes me a little worried. Since it doesn't seem to matter if Zelda has the looks from TP she still is connected to OoT which means theres still a possiblility of Sheik returning (which I hope isn't the case).

Or maybe it's just because they couldn't think of anything else for Kirby to inherit because having her hair and headress thing would look sorta weird I think. Though there is others that look weird but it's just a thought.

Iris

Smash Ace
Maybe there's another character with a circlet like Zelda's for Kirby to inhale and that's why they didn't bother changing Zelda's. It'd be too confusing.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I don't see very much to worry about.
The headress is barely even from OOT. Its child Zelda's headress.
And actually, they didn't change ANYONES hat from Melee. Why would they change Zelda's simply because she has light arrows for her DownB?

I love my optimism.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
NOTHING CONFIRMS SHEIK UNTIL WE SEE IT ON THE DOJO.
Personally, I think Sakurai is trying to fool everyone that Sheik is in the game, but then WHAM!
HE HITS US WITH A LIGHT ARROW FROM HER DOWNB. And then when people get all "LOLOLOLSHEIKWILLBEHERFINALSMASHLOLOL" WHAM! POSSESED ZELDA OR HYRULIAN GODDESSES FOR HER FINAL SMASH.

Seriously, it would be the best way.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
And actually, they didn't change ANYONES hat.
Aha! This is the key, ladies and unladies. Although Zelda is arguably the only veteran with a significant aesthetic change, it's worth noting that NONE of the veteran hats got updates. It could be said that Sakurai just got lazy with Kirby's established hats and just decided to update them all graphically a bit (hence the fancy new Peach crown and the seam in Link's hat)

. . . Okay, yeah, Fox's ears look modified to fit Brawl Fox, BUT WHERE'S THE VEGETA SCANNER, HUH? >_>

<_<

I love my optimism.
I love your optimism too. Keeps mine intact. Mostly.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Aha! This is the key, ladies and unladies. Although Zelda is arguably the only veteran with a significant aesthetic change, it's worth noting that NONE of the veteran hats got updates. It could be said that Sakurai just got lazy with Kirby's established hats and just decided to update them all graphically a bit (hence the fancy new Peach crown and the seam in Link's hat)

. . . Okay, yeah, Fox's ears look modified to fit Brawl Fox, BUT WHERE'S THE VEGETA SCANNER, HUH? >_>

<_<

I love your optimism too. Keeps mine intact. Mostly.
Your my hero, ever since I saw you in the debate thread about Sheik being in Brawl which seemed to last for generations, I can proudly say I read every single post. Will you marry me?

But yeah, I'm really not surprised. After seeing what Sakurai did to the pokemon in Brawl, I really wasn't expecting for the hats to get updated.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Your my hero, ever since I saw you in the debate thread about Sheik being in Brawl which seemed to last for generations, I can proudly say I read every single post. Will you marry me?
Flattery will get you everywhere. Warms my heart to see another Pro-Zelda-The-Way-She-Should-Be member around here.

And I'll get hitched under one condition—I get to wear the dress.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
On a side note about Kirby's hat,

Is that Kirby's idle animation he's doing in that pic?

SPECULATION! :D

Could be a new Zelda move?
Pray to the goddesses to recover more health?

... Horrible to think lack of Zelda update does this to me..

Iris

Smash Ace
Sakurai states that they're only standard special moves being used. If they wouldn't change the hat Kirby would copy, that probably means the move is still the same. After all, if they were going to revamp one effect, they'd probably do the other.

Since arrow moves are standard for Pit and Link, I doubt they'd be down special for Zelda. I think she'll probably just get something completely made up or from the Puppet Zelda battle for her down B. That is, if Sheik is out.

Chepe

Smash Lord
This doesnt say anything about Sheik's return. A true clue would have came if we saw Kirby using Nayru's Love or Light Arrows or something. Im still one of the believers that Sheik will come back in a TP-style look though...

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai states that they're only standard special moves being used. If they wouldn't change the hat Kirby would copy, that probably means the move is still the same. After all, if they were going to revamp one effect, they'd probably do the other.

Since arrow moves are standard for Pit and Link, I doubt they'd be down special for Zelda. I think she'll probably just get something completely made up or from the Puppet Zelda battle for her down B. That is, if Sheik is out.
Meh, I'm not sure. I think since Pit & Link have their arrows being their standardB, that would be all the more reason for Zelda's to become a DownB. I'm seriously able to visulize a Zelda firing a golden arrow (sideways) that fires straight ahead and does about 7dmg.
I'm not sure if its chargeable or not, but anything besides Sheik will do. I don't even care if it heals the opponent. Zelda will be whole and whenever I reach my mid-life crisis and need to commit suicide at anytime, I can do it happily.

CommanderGrit

Smash Apprentice

But yeah, I'm really not surprised. After seeing what Sakurai did to the pokemon in Brawl, I really wasn't expecting for the hats to get updated.
but Link's hat DID get updated!! if you look at it, it really has a TP feel with the stitch up the side. Now if they went and redid Kirby's Link hat to give it a TP style, why not do the same for zelda?

Drake3

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure it was already stupid and confusing to give Kirby Young Zelda's headdress in Melee. Every other character who gets eaten gives something they were wearing. It had no connection to the Zelda you were fighting unless you knew more about those games.

In this sense, why would it be confusing to give KirbyZelda a crown? Zelda's is already much different from Peach's and it's not like you couldn't give him hair to go with it. Of course I shudder everytime I see ZSSKirby, but that's beside the point.

In the end, the stupid headdress has about as much connection to TP as Sheik does, and since one is in the game, don't be surprised if the other is too.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Im not too worried about the hats. As it's been said, no one's melee hat got updated much.

And plus, Kriby just wheres hats to simbolize that he has someone's power. . . .doesn't seem to important to over hall all his hat from melee to look exactly like the new look of the character he is sucking.

Top Bottom