• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby+GaW Team?

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
Hey me and my friend are teamign this saturday and he uses kirby and i use GaW.

What should i know about this combination for doubles?

any cool tricks/combos that i should know of?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Well, you could always try Kirby Downthrow to Game and Watch downtilt to rack up a little damage. Uhhh, if you play a Fox or Falco, get your friend to copy their special and fill up your bucket.

The main thing you want to do is go for the gimps.

The best combo you can possibly pull off is a Game and Watch downthrow - Downsmash - Have Kirby out offstage, and instantly dair when you dsmash. Opponent gets knocked into his dair and they go straight down.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Straked, you forgot something.

If g&w uses his uair when kirby uthrows, it creates an invisible floor, leading to rediculously low-percent kills, albeit hard to land kills.

FAQ thread next time.
I tried that once, you need actual communication to pull it off though, but it's a nice doubles combo. Thanks for reminding me.
But this is best done on a stage with low blastzones, like Brinstar. Game and Watch doesn't have as high to go in this situation.

Actually, I think this is a fairly legit thread. But then again, it would be better off in the QA... oh well.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
Straked, you forgot something.

If g&w uses his uair when kirby uthrows, it creates an invisible floor, leading to rediculously low-percent kills, albeit hard to land kills.

FAQ thread next time.
Is it just me, or is this easier to do with MK?

also sorry if this doesnt deserve its own thread :(

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me, or is this easier to do with MK?

also sorry if this doesnt deserve its own thread :(
I guess it could slide. Though once the question is answered, it will probably be closed afterward.

Don't bother with the U-air Stuff. It's too complicated. Just practice on the Basic stuff like Kirby Dthrow then you Nair the opponent.

Just try to play together. Two mediocre players with good teamwork could beat any pro with Bad teamwork.

Once you've past the Basic Stuff I guess you could try to go for the Super Gay Kill but, teamwork comes first.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I might as well ask here since it's fitting and it gives us something to talk about:

I'm teaming with ook's Donkey Kong :]

Any good tips for THAT team?

>_>

@toobusytocare: if you copy G&W's power and you both spam sausages at your opponents, you guys will be my heroes.

The projectiles do like 4-5% damage per hit, after all.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
I might as well ask here since it's fitting and it gives us something to talk about:

I'm teaming with ook's Donkey Kong :]

Any good tips for THAT team?

>_>

@toobusytocare: if you copy G&W's power and you both spam sausages at your opponents, you guys will be my heroes.

The projectiles do like 4-5% damage per hit, after all.
If its recorded, ill do this and post vids here :]

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Kirby + DK teams; stay low, avoid taking damage, save DK from chaingrabs, try to upthrow and forward throw characters a lot

For grab combos, DK D-Throw to Kirby U-smash is fast and solid. Kirby F-throw to DK jumping Giant Punch with good timing (try to get it on the release of the throw), Kirby D-throw to DK Full jump D-air to followups, DK D-throw or cargo to swallowcide.

A neat thing to do is to have DK f-smash and whiff, suck him up as he lags, and spit him out into their counterattack. DK is heavy enough to do 18% :o

Otherwise, you're the backup plan for the matchup. Your goal is safe 0-50% damage strings and tie-up so DK can land his power combos. U-throw is great at higher percents for taking one player out of the picture for a hot second, because it pops them up so high. Since DK is great at spacing and air pressure, just stay low to give him free reign and beat stuff up a lot, and use your tinyness to fit into spaces and add to the pressure. Its a buff team.

You can also use rock to save DK off the edge if he gets into something sticky :) teching ftw

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure it can't. Why would it be?
Energy attacks only, not bacon and fish.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Lol TBTC, you make G&W Kirby team work by teaming with me. =P

Nah but tell your friend to go for lots of spikes or edgeguard with bairs and sometimes stone on those high priority recoveries. Its always a good idea when you have a teammate to back you up.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Asdioh, here's one more thing not mentioned for the Kirby + DK team, though granted it would be hard to pull off: Starshot>DKPunch (Yes, I love inhale).

Also, DK Dtilt>Kirby Fsmash could probably work, or DK DownB while Kirby hovers above beating them up as they pop up.

Sky`

Smash Lord
So I tried this in tournament and...
It actually worked really well. Kirby has amazing Stage/character control, and sets things up nicely for GaW's **** moves.

also? Your Up B as a projectile fills his bucket, and has the same power as ZSS's Dsmash, which means Instant kills, and it's not as impractical as you think, considering your Projectile goes through people. =]

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Thanks for the advice guys. That's one awesome thing about DK/Kirby team, 18% Starshots, or a useful Copy power.

Ook and I are going to win >=)

Top Bottom