• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby for High/Top tier?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
At this point I definately think Kirby is atleast high tier. He very well may be top tier too.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
i say mid, and why does everybody bash on yoshi, hes not THAT bad, ganon and falcon are worse ^_^

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
In my mind he's god tier, but that's just because i feel the most comfortable with him. But seriously, there's no way anyone can make a good tier list just after bawl came out it america

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
Thats true. Maybe were just really anxious about the tier list. But i swear to god if he doesnt make about mid tier im gonna rant my *** off. D:<

Superstarmario

Smash Journeyman
Kirby was always top tier to me. Gotta love the guy.

But he'll probably make it to mid. Tier list discussions have him at the bottom of middle tier. He deserves more than that. Maybe top of middle? Too bad the poor guy doesn't have any approach game.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
This Is Not Melee Dont Compare

IMHO He'll be Mid- Upp-mid myabe high if lucky. It's hard to say this early in the game. People are like OMFG so and so was BUFFED or "insert name here was Nerfed" which i find funny becuase Marth was supposedly Nerfed yet he's prolly going to make Top-Tier.

People are comparing the character to melee way to much this is a NEW GAME and needs to be looked at as a fresh start. Characters like marth and Peach were nerfed when compared to melee but when u compare them to Brawl characters they appear to be monsters.

Only thing that was accomplished by nerfing or buffing a specific character was give that character a equal chance on the new playing field of brawl, or in some case give other characters a chance against said characters.

New game, New tier list and a whole lot of work to do, because people are starting to figure out thats some characters that they thought were nerf'd beyond being playable (Peach.. etc) are actaully really still extremely good. Like when i first saw ROB i thought he was garabage, but i think that changed.

Like people are saying too early for any formal or good tier list, maybe some rough drafts but nothing solid yet. There isnt enough tournement play and testing to come up with one, so we'll all have to wait.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It's funny because Kirby was buffed because his moves were nerfed. Since they do less damage and knockback, he can combo easier. lol! But it helps that his smashes are better and can finally be used for something.

As for Kirby's tier ranking, he is definitely "Awesome Tier", forget top and high. :p

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
It's funny because Kirby was buffed because his moves were nerfed. Since they do less damage and knockback, he can combo easier. lol! But it helps that his smashes are better and can finally be used for something.

As for Kirby's tier ranking, he is definitely "Awesome Tier", forget top and high. :p
Orly? He gets his own tier for being our special puff ball. Or is "awsome Tier" kinda like god tier for t!MmY

And err sorry for that rant up there, was 6 am and im sick looks like an incoherent mess. :laugh:

superninja

Smash Cadet
I don't really think Kirby's gonna score too high. I mean, sure, he's cool and all, but in my experience of using him, his range is too small, his melee's are frustrating, but his saber slash IS a pretty nifty B...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Kirby might make top tier but we don't know how strong the distinction between tiers is gonna be. For example if there is a big gap between the abilities of the Highest Listed Middle Tier character and the Lowest Listed High Tier character then he isn't gonna make it. But if the differences between the two are small then theres a chance he might be in the lower part of the Top Tier.

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
Kirby is really good if you know how to use him right and know what moves you can use to finish off people. His back air can send them very horizontally and the 2nd swing of the hammer has insane horizontal knockback (I was able to send a Marth player far enough with back air at 70% to the point he could barely not make it back on stage while edge guarding). If you spam the same smash attack over and over missing, then you won't be able to kill people as well with it. Seriously though, just learn how to use him and don't worry about what tier he is since this is practically the first week it's been out in the U.S. I've been doing very well with him so far and I rarely lose with him ><.

I looked at the official players guide rating for him and I can say that I disagree practically 100% with the review since he was given the lowest rating of all the characters. I'd give him at least an 8/10, but I'd say higher for me. So yeah, I wouldn't expect a good tier list anytime soon <__>.

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
I'm just glad that all 3 kirby characters have a shot of middle to high tier(maybe even metaknight for top)

Top Bottom