• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Character Matchup Discussion

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
hey can som1 explain to me what is a death to marth maneuver And what is the marth trick.
And can some1 give me advice against a good peach, jiggly, fox and samus. Thank you

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
hey can som1 explain to me what is a death to marth maneuver And what is the marth trick.
And can some1 give me advice against a good peach, jiggly, fox and samus. Thank you
Samus is discussed in the beginning of this thread. For fox predict shine and grabs every step. and edgeguard the crap out of him. for peach just dont get hit by dsmash and turnips.

Metal_man69

Smash Cadet
Anyone have any tips against C. Falcon? He's so quick I find it hard to hit with any of Kirby's already limited kill moves. I even have trouble getting him off of the edge to edgeguard him.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
Although Falcon is very fast, you have to be quick and able to play kirby well. Kirby is a hard target to hit since he is small so work your dodging skills. try to get hits here and there. Just try to never get grabbed though or youll die. Edge gaurding c Falcon is quite simple though. you can edge hog, d air, or d smash, or d tilt.

But plz can som1 explain to me what is a death to marth maneuver And what is the marth trick??

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
The Marth Trick is light shielding on the edge so that Marth's sword, when he uses his u-b to grab the edge, knocks you off the stage and you grab the ledge before him.

The Death to Marth Maneuver is probably some contrived piece of crap of a combo that only works maybe when they are stupid and don't know how to play the game... sometimes.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Buttcrust has it 100% correct. And there's lots of people who don't know how to play against Kirby. ;)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
yeah most of wa like completely forgets how to play the game vs kirby for absolutely no reason XD

you like hit him and stuff, then edgeguard. he dies easy. they like forget and just run into lots of moves over and over lol

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yea you have me intrigued with the DTMM, and whoever gave the fox advice on "predicting the shine" you do realize if you play a good fox, your almost done for because they outpriortize a lot of Kirby's moves and they shine to break a lot of things up and shine for a lot more then you can predict.. unless you predict at the beginning middle and end of combos along with any time :)

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Against a good Fox, unless you unplug their controller, you should lose. He has too much speed, power, and priority for Kirby to handle, period.

technomancer

Smash Champion
I contest that the only serious advantage that Fox has is his Upsmash KOs! and lasers too but who plays that gay against Kirby?

vs. Falco, I have no idea what to do... Falco's neutral air demolishes Kirby, as well as the spike at the edge, and he can just wavedash space on you all day.

vs. Samus! Spotdodge wins you this match, your spotdodge is almost 100% unpunishable, because she has no grab. There are mindgames and workarounds, but your end of the mindgame stick is thicker and has spikes and loose electrical wires (samus aerials, expecting a spotdodge and goes to forward smash, but instead you just shieldgrab, or WD through her and uptilt).

The keys against Samus are as follows:
1) Crouch, Spotdodge, Roll away; Samus has no strong air or ground game against the first two, but watch out for the charge blast on the third. If she doesn't charge it there is essentially no way for her to trap you.
2) Build Damage. You need over 120% to kill Samus unless you pull off something ridiculous like an upsmash on a small stage. Spam those tilts and that back air and get your percents.
3) Take your stock lead and run. Once you have a stock lead, Samus has to approach you. This is the only way to force Samus to approach. Don't be ashamed of going 2-1 with both of your wins going to time; compelling yourself to be aggresive without reason is your downfall.
4) You can duck missiles, or if for some reason they're unbelievably low, just spotdodge them.

Samochan

Smash Master
I contest that the only serious advantage that Fox has is his Upsmash KOs! and lasers too but who plays that gay against Kirby?
>_> Everyone would play like that against kirby. And for your knowledge, every fox move is superior to kirby. His aerials are ten times better than kirby's (cept maybe fair), his special moves have actual use and he can also outrange you, outprioritise you and outspam you. Then you can add his insane speed in the mix versus kirby's slow speed, kirby's unpowerful attacks that don't kill anyone... heck, even though you fall down from shine comboes doesn't mean he can't usmash you and that way you're just more vulnerable to usmash and other kinds of tech chasing, he just needs to predict right, when if kirby were shine comboable, one could smash DI out of his every aerial and every shine, even drill. Even peach can do that ****. Kirby is also more vulnerable to uair comboes than other floathers. The only thing going for kirby on this match is edgeguarding and fox can do the same to kirby, since kirby falls like a rock and gets baired and shine has unmatched priority, so even if you were to uair fox in time while recovering below, you'll get shined. Fox can also abuse kirby's shield how much he wants, cause kirby doesn't have any good attacks he could do out of shield to interrupt fox like peach and other characters have, but kirby would just get hit nonetheless should he attempt anything. So yeah, fox has everything on this matchup and kirby has nothing. :/

Top Bottom