• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kira, this won't convince you... (the best thread since forever!)

Egoclapper

Smash Apprentice
... but I am so right, and you are wrong as ****!

extragrandeben: The only reason she's having sex with me
extragrandeben: is because I'm physically attractive
extragrandeben: That's it
extragrandeben: When I had my hair longer, she didn't want to have sex
extragrandeben: I cut it a little bit, she wants to jump on my ****.
The hero loto: AHAHAHAHA
The hero loto: i swear
The hero loto: i feel women find you very attractive
The hero loto: just because you have masculine features
The hero loto: but i bet the average person who was unattracted to you would think you would be ugly as ****
The hero loto: and they would have no idea what they're talking about
The hero loto: do you watch flight of the conchords?
extragrandeben: sounds about right
extragrandeben: and yes I do
extragrandeben: awesome show
extragrandeben: follow every episode
The hero loto: yeah i'm getting into it now
The hero loto: do you think women would fnid jermaine attractive?
extragrandeben: yes
The hero loto: THANK YOU
extragrandeben: he's studly
The hero loto: THANK YOU
The hero loto: EXACTLY
The hero loto: HE IS INSANELY ATTRACTIVE
The hero loto: **** YES
The hero loto: I AM GLAD I KNOW WHAT THE **** I AM TALKING ABOUT
extragrandeben: His gaptooth takes a little bit away from it
extragrandeben: but he's studly nonetheless
extragrandeben: his voice is also sexy
The hero loto: HAHAHAHAHA
The hero loto: extremely
extragrandeben: I think you hit the nail on the head when you described me
extragrandeben: btw
The hero loto: I am going to post this conversation on smash boards
The hero loto: because i got into an argument with kira
The hero loto: because i said women would find jermaine hot as ****
The hero loto: and he was like NOOO
The hero loto: HE IS THE UGLIEST MOTHER ****ER
The hero loto: And I was like ***** you don't know ****
The hero loto: square jaw, hairy, sideburns
The hero loto: super masculine features that women love
The hero loto: calm the **** down
extragrandeben: "His features are too deep-set as to be considered classically handsome!"
The hero loto: HAHAHAHAHAHA

Where do you stand on this debate?

Egoclapper

Smash Apprentice
hate it when ***s pick the worst pic they can find to prove their point

and i swear all the "you guys are so gay" comments better be ridiculously unfunny jokes, because if anyone's remotely serious you're like the stereotypical immature ******* people that i make it my life's goal to never confer with

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
google doesnt have any good pics of him, that was the first one btw

he's not ****ugly, but he's certainly not cool looking. a strong jaw doesn't go well with those fatty lips. to me he just looks goofy.

SuperRad

Smash Master
I think we should ask some FEMALES and get their responses

Personally I would expect girls to say his most attractive feature is that he's funny, I don't think that his looks are a huge draw [not that he isn't a fairly good lookin guy].

Kira-

Smash Champion
LMFAO HAHAHAH

I suppose extragrandeben has the final say on these things

I think we should ask some FEMALES and get their responses
indeed

edit - i hope you don't actually think you're so right because of this, but im pretty sure you're better than that

p, I watch every episode of flight of the concords. me and a friend also cover most beautiful girl in the room because that song *****. but anyway, its funny, some girls think hes not special, and the rest think hes hot as ****. and even though at first i thought bret was better looking, it turns out most people find jermaine better looking then bret.

this was actually a big discussion we used to have back amongst my friends in nyc specifically about if jermaine was good looking or not lolol.

Egoclapper

Smash Apprentice
edit - i hope you don't actually think you're so right because of this, but im pretty sure you're better than that
well i'm not trying to be a pompous douche, but it's not really a matter of opinion -- i KNOW i'm right. why? because it's science. masculine features indicate more testosterone, which indicates better genes and a better mate. therefore they are found more attractive by the opposite sex.

this wasn't ben saying this though, this was his friend kyle. and as we discussed later in the convo, it's a very black and white thing -- chicks won't say, "oh, he's cute." it'll be he's either hot as **** or he's not their type.

i can probably find the link for you if you're really that curious.

p, I watch every episode of flight of the concords. me and a friend also cover most beautiful girl in the room because that song *****. but anyway, its funny, some girls think hes not special, and the rest think hes hot as ****. and even though at first i thought bret was better looking, it turns out most people find jermaine better looking then bret.

this was actually a big discussion we used to have back amongst my friends in nyc specifically about if jermaine was good looking or not lolol.
**** yes

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
The thing is... Jemaine is "****-able." Girls are attracted to certain kinds of men for certain reasons. They prefer masculinity if they're looking for a good **** but not so much when it comes to meaningful relationships. That's almost always been the case (with a few exceptions obv).

Jermain is ****able because he has some good masculine features but he's mediocre at that (also because he isn't really good looking...).

Egoclapper

Smash Apprentice
You kind of contradict your own post, since if they chose a more masculine (which for all intents and purposes is synonymous with attractiveness) man when they're looking for a short-term relationship, then that means they're picking their mate based on raw attractiveness. So therefore they're obviously good looking; ergo, Jemaine (yes, apparently this ***** doesn't spell his name with an 'r' in it) is good-looking.

And Edrees, this has nothing to do with personality traits. This logic applies to any random chick, the vast majority of whom certainly do not know he's in a band and is funny.

I'm trying to find the Psychology Today article but apparently I didn't bookmark it, which is dumb because I bookmark every half-interesting article from them. I (re)read it pretty recently so hmm, hopefully I can find it.

edit: As a side note, I came across this gem:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/index.php?term=20051209-000001&page=1

Which is incidentally the best article I've ever read in my life, and the major reason why I am so scornful of people.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
What I'm saying is, he definitely wont be a chicks first choice if she's looking for a good ****.

Jemaine has some decent/good masculine qualities going for him but nothing exceptional or out of the ordinary. He definitely isn't "incredibly attractive." He's decent at best.

Anyway, I'll read that article tomorrow (or the next day rather). I need to go to sleep for tomorrow -_-

Egoclapper

Smash Apprentice
This isn't the exact article, but I found something fairly close that helps prove my point:

Ask five people what they find attractive, and you'll get a lesson in human variability: girls with ears that stick out; guys with soulful eyes.

But ask 5,000 people and clear patterns emerge. Some traits have universal sex appeal because they're markers of good genes, health, and fertility: a fit body, clear skin, a symmetrical face with average-sized and -shaped features, and traits that mark sex hormones: Angelina Jolie's big lips indicate high estrogen, while George Clooney's square jaw signals he's got testosterone to burn. Women swoon over men with "adult" faces—marked by strong chin and nose—while men like women who look childlike, with smooth skin, small noses, and high cheekbones.

And everything you fear about height and weight is true: A woman's desirability in a speed dating situation is determined largely by her thinness, while each extra inch of height gives men a 5 percent edge in the number of women interested in dating him.

But we tend to wind up with people of similar stature and girth—meaning short men end up with even shorter women, and people choose partners with similar builds. After all, a warm glance from a charmer who's within size range is infinitely more alluring than a runway model's cold shoulder.
Jemaine has all of these things.

Here's a decent picture of him for reference:

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
There are plenty of guys with similar features but that doesn't mean that they are all equally attractive. Like how some men have nicer bodies than others.

Also, as far as that pic goes... he has a big head with a ridiculously wide jaw. His face is definitely not symmetrical. Honestly, he just looks like a gorilla >_<

Egoclapper

Smash Apprentice
I didn't know we were judging him off of whether he met the requirements for your gay fantasies.

Once again, you fail to contemplate and admit to the very real possibility you're wrong. It must be a hard life, you know, always being correct while overlooking stuff like evolution, logic and fact as those things, obviously pale in comparison to the vast spectrum of knowledge you possess.

Anyway, that's the last attention I'll give you, since you're obviously more interested in puffing your chest out and being "right" rather than having a level-headed discussion.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Uhhh... you post saying he has all "these" qualities and give us a pic for reference. Using that pic, I just pointed out how he doesn't have all those qualities you claim he has.

I'm just saying that he isn't "extremely attractive" like you make him out to be. Now that I think about it, he ain't attractive for ****.

oiMrXio

Smash Cadet
You kind of contradict your own post, since if they chose a more masculine (which for all intents and purposes is synonymous with attractiveness) man when they're looking for a short-term relationship, then that means they're picking their mate based on raw attractiveness. So therefore they're obviously good looking; ergo, Jemaine (yes, apparently this ***** doesn't spell his name with an 'r' in it) is good-looking.

And Edrees, this has nothing to do with personality traits. This logic applies to any random chick, the vast majority of whom certainly do not know he's in a band and is funny.

I'm trying to find the Psychology Today article but apparently I didn't bookmark it, which is dumb because I bookmark every half-interesting article from them. I (re)read it pretty recently so hmm, hopefully I can find it.

edit: As a side note, I came across this gem:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/index.php?term=20051209-000001&page=1

Which is incidentally the best article I've ever read in my life, and the major reason why I am so scornful of people.
I find it strange that this article makes you or anyone scornful of people. It was a GREAT read, and it makes a whole lot of sense and answered a lot of things that I had already suspected about the nature of love and marriage.

If anything, it's more uplifting than condemning of people and relationships.

I liked it.

Egoclapper

Smash Apprentice
I find it strange that this article makes you or anyone scornful of people. It was a GREAT read, and it makes a whole lot of sense and answered a lot of things that I had already suspected about the nature of love and marriage.

If anything, it's more uplifting than condemning of people and relationships.

I liked it.
It makes me scornful because this should be basic common ****ing sense that very few people actually incorporate in their lives. It puzzles me and makes me skeptical of society. Americans r dum

The part where other therapists are like, "This is such a revolutionary concept" and etc. is particularly amusing

Kira-

Smash Champion
Some things are obvious in concept, but difficult in practice.

But yeah, americans are dumb

Kira-

Smash Champion
it's extremely difficult in practice
if you do it already give yourself some credit, not many people can pull it off

Egoclapper

Smash Apprentice
well if you want to be happy, you can't just be a lazy dumb **** and sit around with your thumb in your *** and then wonder why you're not satisfied with your life

it always takes some work at the start, but then once it's incorporated into a standard part of your life, it's just as easy as anything else you do that's a necessity, like getting up for work every morning even when it's the last thing you want to do (and, in turn, going to bed on time to ensure you can do that)

humans adjust to anything within 30 days. people are just lazy

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
Guess what overrides sex appeal? Money.

Money=more stuff=more desirable to human ego

you know as well as I do that people are controlled by their egos.

Top Bottom