• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Unofficial P:M 3.01 Alt GFX! Ice/Fire Mario Updated to v3.01 and Mega Charizard X.

Shadow Pikachu, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Mewtwo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

meow

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the support.

I might as well get back onto Cupid Pit. Does anyone have any ideas on which I can put the Heart GFX and SFX onto?

This is what it's on currently:
-Up Taunt.
-Down Taunt.
-Up Special.

I'm also considering releasing my Mega Charizard X update.
Neutral Air and Upsmash!

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Is there a character (official or PSA) that can wall crawl in-game?
There is not.

And how would someone be able to put this ability into a character?
I have my ways. :p

Hey Kings, would it be possible to get the Heart SFX and GFX to work on Pit's Down B as well? It should be something pretty subtle similarly as the small flash seen in game. Although I do not recall if you can only see the flash when you actually reflect an attack.
That would be cool. I'll see what I can do about that.

Hey Kings, would it be possible to get the Heart SFX and GFX to work on Pit's Down B as well? It should be something pretty subtle similarly as the small flash seen in game. Although I do not recall if you can only see the flash when you actually reflect an attack.
My other suggestions would be to have the effects on Pit's Dair or Dtilt with the condition of it only coming out if the person meteor smashes with it. I can also see the last hit of Fsmash having some sort of effect. And the only other move I could think of that could possibly warrant an effect is Bair, but this is one is probably overkill.
But the first suggestion would make the most sense. That is of course if you're willing to do it. Tis' a shame that Pit's arrows can't be modified into a neon pink shade. Would've been spectacular to see.
Neutral Air and Upsmash!
Neutral Air, maybe. Though Up Smash isn't likely.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
You've been busy, ever thought of updating that OP with Mewtwo and such?

Anyways I'm back to following this thread and I can't wait to see your work.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Excuse the double post...

Non Alt PSA wise, I've decided to do some test coding in preparation for Deoxys...

I'm experimenting with the Attributes and some GFX.

Here's my progress for Attack Form's Zap Cannon.

Attack Form's Zap Cannon is a powerful, fast, but short lived projectile with massive hit stun.

Does anyone know which REFF GFX Lucario's Aura Sphere uses? Because I want to remove all traces of blue, so I can get a full yellow projectile. Someone from the PMBR should know.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
This doesn't relate to your question at all and I apologize. However did you decide if you're going to do the Shadow Pokemon? You don't need to do Mewtwo for obvious reasons. Anyways I wish you luck with your other work!

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
This doesn't relate to your question at all and I apologize. However did you decide if you're going to do the Shadow Pokemon? You don't need to do Mewtwo for obvious reasons. Anyways I wish you luck with your other work!
It's okay. And the Shadow Pokemon will be done after I get Cupid Pit and the Mega Charizard X update out on the Vault.

BelmontSlayer

Smash Cadet
Not how how feasible it would be, but it'd be awesome if Samus' ice beam "mode" altered her charge beam too.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Not how how feasible it would be, but it'd be awesome if Samus' ice beam "mode" altered her charge beam too.
It's an Article issue. It's likely the PMBR haven't found out the proper coding to get her charge beam to change, but it wouldn't really make sense to me, because her charge beam has electric flags, not fire flags.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I don't want to rush you or anything, but do you know when you'll update everything for 3.01?

BelmontSlayer

Smash Cadet
It's an Article issue. It's likely the PMBR haven't found out the proper coding to get her charge beam to change, but it wouldn't really make sense to me, because her charge beam has electric flags, not fire flags.
Hmm, I see. Well then, why not take it a step further, and give the default charge beam fire effects, and the ice charge beam ice effects? Assuming it can be done, of course.

Kamek24

Smash Rookie
Hi, I signed up just to reply to this thread!

First of all, thanks a lot for everything you've done so far. I'm using the majority of your alt graphics at the moment.

I have a couple of questions though...

1 - How exactly are you getting Peach's hearts GFX onto Pit? I was under the impression that Character-specific GFX wouldn't load unless that character was in the battle. If there's a work around, I'd love to know - I was looking to put Ivysaur's powder GFX onto some of Peach's move for her Daisy-style costume.

2 - How far could these conditional moves be taken? I had an idea of giving Biker Wario his bike back over the Shoulder Charge (effectively creating a Wario Land Wario and a Wario Ware Wario), but, long story short, I messed it up then lost the motivation to try again. Would it actually be possible?

Thanks again!

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I did some research for you for what got changed in 3.01, and I can safely say that the Mario, Luigi, Giga Bowser, and Mewtwo alts are the only ones that really need to be changed. (Bowser doesn't need to be changed, only Giga Bowser.) All of the other costume alts that you made work perfectly, since Lucas, Charizard, and Bowser didn't get their Fit*insertcharacterhere*.pac files changed from 3.0 to 3.01. Also, Amazerommu still needs to update the Melee SFX for Mario and Bowser,
so I wouldn't worry about adding those back in until he gets the Melee SFX for them updated.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
1 - How exactly are you getting Peach's hearts GFX onto Pit? I was under the impression that Character-specific GFX wouldn't load unless that character was in the battle. If there's a work around, I'd love to know - I was looking to put Ivysaur's powder GFX onto some of Peach's move for her Daisy-style costume.!
The work around is to manually add a new GFX effect to the character's Fit*Char*.pac file, along with its model/textures/animation/REFF.

2 - How far could these conditional moves be taken? I had an idea of giving Biker Wario his bike back over the Shoulder Charge (effectively creating a Wario Land Wario and a Wario Ware Wario), but, long story short, I messed it up then lost the motivation to try again. Would it actually be possible?
I like the idea, but it wouldn't be very balanced.

I did some research for you for what got changed in 3.01, and I can safely say that the Mario, Luigi, Giga Bowser, and Mewtwo alts are the only ones that really need to be changed. (Bowser doesn't need to be changed, only Giga Bowser.) All of the other costume alts that you made work perfectly, since Lucas, Charizard, and Bowser didn't get their Fit*insertcharacterhere*.pac files changed from 3.0 to 3.01. Also, Amazerommu still needs to update the Melee SFX for Mario and Bowser,
so I wouldn't worry about adding those back in until he gets the Melee SFX for them updated.
Alright then. :L

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Two quick things that I want to point out, then I'll stop bothering you. :p

1. Apparently, I was mistaken that Luigi got changed. He's still the same as in 3.0, so only Mario, Giga Bowser, and Mewtwo need updates.

2. Speaking of Mario and Giga Bowser, Amazerommu finished the SFX for them!

Mario: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31521&Vault=audio
Giga Bowser: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33478&Vault=audio

Luigi also has Melee SFX if you want to tackle that, too: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31833&Vault=audio

cmart

Smash Lord
It's a work issue. Getting articles to communicate with the character and change via variables is possible (we've done it numerous times now), but requires a LOT of work and research that's specialized per article, and only two people even know how to do afaik. As Samus' charge shot has so many different states, it was deemed unfeasible to pursue, whereas missiles were considered more practical (as a side note we still almost didn't finish missile coding in time - it was literally the last thing we finished for Samus). This is also why Dry Bowser didn't have blue fire - it was just too labor intensive to try to cram into 3.0.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
It's a work issue. Getting articles to communicate with the character and change via variables is possible (we've done it numerous times now), but requires a LOT of work and research that's specialized per article, and only two people even know how to do afaik. As Samus' charge shot has so many different states, it was deemed unfeasible to pursue, whereas missiles were considered more practical (as a side note we still almost didn't finish missile coding in time - it was literally the last thing we finished for Samus). This is also why Dry Bowser didn't have blue fire - it was just too labor intensive to try to cram into 3.0.
Thanks for informing me.

I hope you didn't take my post as an insult. .-.

Two quick things that I want to point out, then I'll stop bothering you. :p

1. Apparently, I was mistaken that Luigi got changed. He's still the same as in 3.0, so only Mario, Giga Bowser, and Mewtwo need updates.

2. Speaking of Mario and Giga Bowser, Amazerommu finished the SFX for them!

Mario: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31521&Vault=audio
Giga Bowser: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33478&Vault=audio

Luigi also has Melee SFX if you want to tackle that, too: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31833&Vault=audio
Alright. I'll get to updating. :L

Though I don't see Mario in the 3.01 changelist. What exactly was changed? It would save me a lot of time.

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Elemental Mewtwo is next. To make things easier, was the Up Tilt the only thing edited?
According to the changelist:

-Grab release animation sped up to avoid potential grab release combos or re-grabs
-Up Tilt animation cleaned up

The PMBR only changed those two things, but IIRC, your Elemental Mewtwo mod didn't use either of those attacks/animations. Also, all of Giga Bowser's aerials have corrected landing lag, but nothing else was changed about Giga Bowser.

Thanks for updating Fire and Ice Mario, btw! :bluejump:

VyseTheQuick

Smash Rookie
I'm reporting back that children love your ice/fire mario. There was someone playing as one of the the two in like every match. Elemental Mewtwo was also pretty popular. I didn't see anyone playing with Dark Bowser, but I think it's because they don't usually choose Bowser period.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
According to the changelist:

-Grab release animation sped up to avoid potential grab release combos or re-grabs
-Up Tilt animation cleaned up

The PMBR only changed those two things, but IIRC, your Elemental Mewtwo mod didn't use either of those attacks/animations. Also, all of Giga Bowser's aerials have corrected landing lag, but nothing else was changed about Giga Bowser.
Alright then.

I'll update those as soon as I finish up Cupid Pit and the Mega Charizard X update, so I can have a huge release at once.

I decided to keep you guys from waiting and released my update to Mega Charizard X.

I'm reporting back that children love your ice/fire mario. There was someone playing as one of the the two in like every match. Elemental Mewtwo was also pretty popular. I didn't see anyone playing with Dark Bowser, but I think it's because they don't usually choose Bowser period.
I'm glad your students like my unofficial alts.

Last edited:

cmart

Smash Lord
Thanks for informing me.

I hope you didn't take my post as an insult. .-.
Oh don't worry. I just wanted to share a little bit of insight. I'm actually fairly impressed with your accomplishments in this thread. Gfx editing is... I wouldn't say hard but certainly tedious. It takes a lot of patience, so kudos.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
The Fire and Ice Mario mods work perfectly, but I noticed that there's a graphical glitch with Doctor Mario where, if you use the Cape in the air, he keeps holding onto the cape until you use the Cape move again while on the ground. It's no big deal, but I thought that you should know about it.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
The Fire and Ice Mario mods work perfectly, but I noticed that there's a graphical glitch with Doctor Mario where, if you use the Cape in the air, he keeps holding onto the cape until you use the Cape move again while on the ground. It's no big deal, but I thought that you should know about it.
It must be an issue with the cape itself, since I looked the both files and the coding is exactly the same.

Last edited:

meow

Smash Apprentice
Hey KingJiggz I was playing Peach today and used her up-taunt side-b and I noticed the hearts GFX was bigger. Can you control the size of the GFX too? Or did P:M just import a bigger version?

Rage83

Smash Ace
The PMBR enlarged it, although it's rather simple. Have a look at the REFF's of FitPeach.pac, and I think it's "scale" on the side in Brawlbox.

meow

Smash Apprentice
The PMBR enlarged it, although it's rather simple. Have a look at the REFF's of FitPeach.pac, and I think it's "scale" on the side in Brawlbox.
So it's possible to change it's size? It would look so good on Pit's f-air, b-air, d-tilt, and f-tilt at a smaller size then....

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if this was a glitch , but with Ice Mario 3.0 I was playing against a friend who was using Marth. At a certain point in the match his percent rose to over 200% and then the Snowball actually froze his Marth for a second. This happened every time after this first incident. I haven't tried to recreate the glitch again with another character at the same percent, though I thought I just let you know KingJigz. I'd like to ask someone who has already downloaded Ice Mario to try this out with the same conditions to find if it was just a weird bug that just occurred or if its an actual glitch. I would do it myself, but I currently don't have access to my Wii.

On another note, I have two questions:
  • Is the MegaCharizard that you uploaded the one that you had been working on updating his tail flame and whatnot? Or is it the same one from 3.0?
  • Did you do any update to Ice Mario's Snowball and made it more visible/snowier (for lack of a better word)?

Top Bottom