• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kingdom Hearts [SPOILERS]

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
Speaking of missing characters, I wonder why no one from FF9 is in it! It's my fave FF and I'd sure like to see Vivi, Zidane or Steiner in KH....Oh well, maybe in KH2 (Not confirmed BTW, just speculation ;))

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Well my friend bought Kingdom Hearts for his PS2. He is a huge FF fan, so of course he wanted to play this. He ended up returning the game a couple days later.

He said that basically, it was nice to see some old favourites like Cloud return, but the game just was not interesting enough to make him want to play, he said it was a good game, but not interesting in the least, and he didn't want to force himself to play it for the sake of playing it.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Originally posted by Gerudo Knight
Speaking of missing characters, I wonder why no one from FF9 is in it! It's my fave FF and I'd sure like to see Vivi, Zidane or Steiner in KH....Oh well, maybe in KH2 (Not confirmed BTW, just speculation ;))
The reason there aren't any FF9 characters in it is because they're made by Yo****aka Amano (old school FF character designer) while the characters in KH were made by Tetsuya Nomura (new FF character designer) so only Nomura's characters were involved.

The thing I wish for in a KH2 are threefold:

-A cooler sword. The Keyblade would be cool if it wasn't dull and round like a real key...how do you cut anything with that??

-Being able to use some of the Square characters in your party. That would've made KH much better IMO.

-Put even more Disney franchises in it. I wanted effing Gargoyles!

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
KH2

Basicly if you've found everything beaten every boss (including the cruel sephiroth) you'll see a little teaser for a possible sequeal for Kingdom Hearts 2. But it hasn't even been confermed by Japanness press nor has Square even began a single thing on it. So it's ok to talk about a possible KH2 but let's not go to far and start fake rumors about a game that doesn't exsist yet. :shyguy: :beezo:

Yoshi

Smash Lord
I got Kingdom Hearts, it's quiet a good game. My bro (RVR, the biggest Final Fantasy fan) got it yesterday. It has great music and graphics, but the voices... brrrrrrrr... Lance Bass should die for being a villian's voice! Cloud and Squall (AKA Leon) aren't so bad, and Sora's voice suits him well. The Disney cast is as expected, and the personality of them all resemble that both companies tried hard in making this game an excellent addition to both the Squaresoft, and Disney lineup. I hope there shall be a sequal, this game needs one! It's a must get on my lost, whom never plays Final Fantasy/ related Final Fantasy games!

:starman:POST 1100!!!:starman:

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Yeah... i sure **** wish KUJA was somewhere in here. I also wish It came ot Gamecube. Maybew I should send my fanfic idea to Sonic Team/Squaresoft and see if they'd make it...

But back on topic, this game has just piqued my interest even more. Though Lance Bass as Sephiroth will make me feel suicidal, not to mention that my brother won't buy the game at THAT rate...

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lance bass is Sephiroth boo hoo hoo!

So far all I'm hearing is "Lance Bass shouldn't be in the game because I don't like boy bands." To tell the truth I too was sceptical at first when I heard this, but then I remembered good singers are also very good voice actors. I'm not a big fan of N*sync or of Lance Bass all that matters to me is that he does a good job of being a voice actor (which he has) So if your going to avoid a game just because a member of N*sync is a voice actor then I officaly dub you a non hardcore gamer! Go play Superman 64 you hippies! :shyguy: :beezo:

SuperChencho

Smash Ace
My two cents.

I have seen the ads for this game. From what I've seen, the game has a more seriuos story than those of the original movies, which are characterized for being more entertaining than intriguing. Like that part where Sora is running and then Hook's... hook gets in his way.

My (evil) sister is getting a PS2 with an Kingdom Hearts game. I'll let you know more about it when I play it.

Also, for those of you not smart enough to figure it out, here it is the official Kingdom Hearts site:

www.kingdomhearts.com

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Re: Lance bass is Sephiroth boo hoo hoo!

Originally posted by Phillip Chanter
So far all I'm hearing is "Lance Bass shouldn't be in the game because I don't like boy bands." To tell the truth I too was sceptical at first when I heard this, but then I remembered good singers are also very good voice actors. I'm not a big fan of N*sync or of Lance Bass all that matters to me is that he does a good job of being a voice actor (which he has) So if your going to avoid a game just because a member of N*sync is a voice actor then I officaly dub you a non hardcore gamer! Go play Superman 64 you hippies! :shyguy: :beezo:
Exactly. Don't hate a game because a certain person does a voice, if they do it well then who cares?

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
muh-hah ha ha HA ha muh hee hee [continue evil laugh for 2 more minuets].

I finally found some one who is totally cool with their consoles here at college [if you didn't know, I've gone 4 weeks without a console, I left left them all home... just me and my GBA...]. He is like, totally cool, he lets me play his PS2 [and GC] whenever I feel like, cuz he's the COOLEST!! Now... finally... after waiting from E32001, more than 16 months... I will finally be able to play this game... I bought the strategy gude last week becauce I couldn't contain myself!! I wanted this game soooooo badly, more than SMS and SFA!!! Ahhh, I finally will be able to play it! Actually!!! I'm gonna get it NOW!! Iiiieeee!! My college is just a quarter mile form the mall!! I NEED THIS NOW!! AAAHHHHHHH!!! Bai-bai!!!!!!!

[Dreamcaster runs out of the computer lab with odd looks trailing him]

Jax

Smash Journeyman
Two things I'm hoping for are:

1: a sequal with more characters on both parts. (Stitch verses Celes. HEHEHEHE!)

2. An FF movie made by disney. Hopefully one that will actually be similar to final fantasy. I'm still in therepy from FF the spirits within. YEESH!

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
Re: Lance bass is Sephiroth boo hoo hoo!

Go play Superman 64 you hippies!
Now now Phil, NOBODY deserves that....

Hopefully if there is a sequel, the FF6/9 creator guy lets his characters be in it..... I wanna see(hear) Vivi and Shadow and Steiner with new costumes and stuff :(

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
la laaaaa! I'm back with Kingdom Hearts [and BONUS!! Gitarro Man was on the used rack for $17.99... what Baka-Na would sell Gitaroo Man? Their loss!! Hee hee]!! Anyhoo, I can't wait to play this game!! Laaaaa!! I soooo happiii!! I won't be able to play it till around 10pm [when the guy who has the PS2 will prolly be in his room] but the fact that I am holding this game in my hands [wipes drool off game disc] is soooo spectacular!! Laaaaa de dahhhhh!! Well, I'll catch you guys later I have work to do [ugh... college!!]

Soccer-Fan

Smash Journeyman
Song Name

Okay, I know this is the dumbest question but, does anyone know the song that is sung in the background of the Kingdom Hearts comercial? And also who is the one singing it?

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
Simple and Clean.

No it's not a stupid question me amigo, the song is "simple and clean" I don't remeber who sung it but it's a japaness singer. You get to hear that song at the beginging of the game. :shyguy: :beezo:

Note: I've just downloaded the song and it's great!!!

Heero

Smash Journeyman
Lance bass is Sephiroth boo hoo hoo!

Really, I heard it was Cloud from Extended Play. But they probably where wrong.

InfiniDragon615

Smash Journeyman
Re: Simple and Clean.

No it's not a stupid question me amigo, the song is "simple and clean" I don't remeber who sung it but it's a japaness singer. You get to hear that song at the beginging of the game. :shyguy: :beezo:

Note: I've just downloaded the song and it's great!!!
That would be Hikaru Utada. Great singer, great song! She does a lot of cool stuff other than this.

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Siiiiiigh, I have yet to play this game :( [it sits longingly on my college bookshelf]. Besides the opeing sequence are there any other FMVs or are all the movie/plot scenes real time?

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmmm... real time....

Weeeeelllllll.... most of the cutsceens arn't super specialy done, but those are the sceens with the voice acting and are well done, so I belive that they are real time cutsceens but no loading at all. :shyguy: :beezo:

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
YAYYYYYY!!! I FINALLY GOT TO PLAY Kingdom Hearts TODAY!!! :D

The begining was kinda slow for a Square game put once you find Squall in Traverse Town the plot and the action begin to heat up!! And I loved the scene where Donald zapped Goofy to wake him up!! Actually, during the first few "Disney" scenes I chuckled quite a bit!! The script was well written and the voice acting is superb. I can't wait to get s'more magic, and [gasp] summons!! Yeah!! This game is awesome!!

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
does lance at least do a creepy spiroth? no. well heres a tip for new players: when first talking to selphie, wakka and tidus reply iwth the top answer to level up quicker. choosing the bottom one will level you up slower.
who is sean astin?

EDIT: yo i beat riku *sword* without turnign the game of, in fact i beat him twice, so the score is thre to one *after foot race* and they said hese hard. *he is* i also beat the threeway batlle with tidus wakka and selphie.

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
Let's keep this topic Spoiler free!

DevilKoopa keep all spoilers in indigo Had this topic been a Kingdom Hearts help topic we would of excepted spoilers, but this isn't so keep all or any spoilers in indigo That will help keep alot of people happy and you won't spoil anything for anybody (which makes others mad) :shyguy: :beezo:

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Sephorith's voice isn't badly done, it's the fact that an NCYNC singer is that voice. Don't get me wrong, it's a good voice, but I was expecting...something else. Clouds's voice, now there's a voice! Sora's too! anyone get EMG lately? They said thet Hailey Joal Ossbon's voice was put higher, not only to keep him safe from some law crap, but incase there's a sequal, (which will happen) the voice won't have to modified.

Still, the gme where I am is fairly done. The cutscene's show that Square put alot of thought in making alot of disney's best in it! Some are amazing, like the BEGINNING! I loe that theme... on another note, I have the English verson, it's funny!

Anyway's your right Phillip, I should critiise the game over one voice, I'm just a bit...shocked, that's all. But aside from that fact, very well developed and made game. Anyone who has played it will agree. And to anyone who still yearns to play it, don't wait for it, play it!

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Yoshi
Anyway's your right Phillip, I should critiise the game over one voice, I'm just a bit...shocked, that's all. But aside from that fact, very well developed and made game. anyone who has played it will agree. And to anyone who still yearns to play it, don't wait for it, play it!
You Should critisise the game because of one voice?!?!? Either you made too many typos or your serious, and who cares if Lance Bass is a member of N*sync (N*sync is a good band but I would care not to listen to their lame music) it doesn't matter. :shyguy: :beezo:

Note: better just edit your last post if you did make some typos.

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
N'sync's not a band. Anyway, does Disney have the rights to Nightmare before Christmas?

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
umm nightmare is a disney movie, thing is that everyone forgot about it. oh and in my defence, it was more of a hint rather than a spoiler. from what ive heard the game takes up an average time to beat if you know what to do i'm in tarzen but thats another story its a good game over all, its been in development for three years fso i hope its waht i expect. oh and gummi ship isnt that long, jsut hard to aim.

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
One liners for dummies!

Originally posted by Raccoon87
N'sync's not a band. Anyway, does Disney have the rights to Nightmare before Christmas?
N*sync is a band no matter how much you hate them and yes, disney does own the Nightmare before Christmas. Better stop posting one liners, it get's on my nerves. :shyguy: :beezo:

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Nsync is a band so to speak as they are a group and another name for a group is a band. Now, musical wise that's doubtable because they don't actually play music or write it. With most pop stars people write their songs and create syndicated music. But that's off topic.

Square seems to never run out of interesting ideas. I wonder if this be series?

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
umm to the guy who asked about a sequal? beat the game on with all dalmations, all trinitys, all postcards etc. and youll see something special

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Rant

Siiiiggh, I prolly won't be able to play this again until thanksgiving [I own a PS2, I own Kindgom Hearts, it's just that my sis has been hoarding my PS2 I labouriously worked for working at a fast food joint, and I won't see her again till thanksgiving :mad:].

Anyhoo, on the subject of Lance Bass,

What's the big deal? Cuz he's in a Tweeny Bopper Boy Band? Cuz his songs are full of superficial sensitivity and love? That's just another voice he does. Anyone can sound dark and evil and "sweet" with the snap of a finger. Plus he's talented. Sorry that Micheal Douglas couldn't do the part :rolleyes:. Uhg, it's people like that who gave Britney's Dance Beat a bad rap!! Being a Music and Rythm gamer I love games from the zany latin "Samba De Amigo" to the hardcore rock of "Gitaroo Man". Don't beat down BDB cuz it stars Birtney. The gameplay actually goes quite well with her music so you really get into it!! Anyhoo, I digress....

P.S. Okay, I'm 18, attending college in Providence, Rhode Island. My sister is 27 and has her own appartemnt in Brooklyn, New York. Now... how the heck can I get my PS2 back asap?!?!? Should I call and ask nicely [she'll give me the ol' "you have too much work and shouldn't be playing games" rap... and I kinda sorta do have a workload here... but just 30 minuets a day on a PS2 would be nice...]. Ahhh!! Can anyone PM me some solutions?!??!

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
Re: Rant

Originally posted by DreamCaster
Siiiiggh, I prolly won't be able to play this again until thanksgiving [I own a PS2, I own Kindgom Hearts, it's just that my sis has been hoarding my PS2 I labouriously worked for working at a fast food joint, and I won't see her again till thanksgiving :mad:].

Anyhoo, on the subject of Lance Bass,

What's the big deal? Cuz he's in a Tweeny Bopper Boy Band? Cuz his songs are full of superficial sensitivity and love? That's just another voice he does. Anyone can sound dark and evil and "sweet" with the snap of a finger. Plus he's talented. Sorry that Micheal Douglas couldn't do the part :rolleyes:. Uhg, it's people like that who gave Britney's Dance Beat a bad rap!! Being a Music and Rythm gamer I love games from the zany latin "Samba De Amigo" to the hardcore rock of "Gitaroo Man". Don't beat down BDB cuz it stars Birtney. The gameplay actually goes quite well with her music so you really get into it!! Anyhoo, I digress....

P.S. Okay, I'm 18, attending college in Providence, Rhode Island. My sister is 27 and has her own appartemnt in Brooklyn, New York. Now... how the heck can I get my PS2 back asap?!?!? Should I call and ask nicely [she'll give me the ol' "you have too much work and shouldn't be playing games" rap... and I kinda sorta do have a workload here... but just 30 minuets a day on a PS2 would be nice...]. Ahhh!! Can anyone PM me some solutions?!??!
Finaly somebody who can see that Lance Bass is a good voice actor. Anywho if that PS2 is yours and you bought it then you should leagely own it, if your sister is in possesion of it ask for it back and if she doesn't then tell her that possesion is 9/10 of the law and you purchesed it fair and square, if she still doesn't relinquish what's rightfully yours then take her to court for theft. (or if you want to be nice tell her that she's 27 and she souldn't be playing games as well) Well I hope that helps! :shyguy: :beezo:

Yoshi

Smash Lord
May we please get off the topic of N'SYNC and Lance Bass, and get back to Kingdom Hearts? Thankyou!

Now, back to the topic at hand folks...

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
More one liners!?!

Originally posted by Yoshi
May we please get off the topic of N'SYNC and Lance Bass, and get back to Kingdom Hearts? Thankyou!

Now, back to the topic at hand folks...
We sure will get back on topic when you learn to stop with the one liners! Sure my last post wasn't even nessesary but it had to be done! Anywho in case you haven't noticed you started this whole shlock of Voice acting debates by posting your first complaint about Lance Bass. That is some good advice let us stop talking about the voice actor issue and focus on KH, that means you too Yoshi, you've gotten on my nerves once, I suggest you don't get on them again! Well back on topic the only thing that sucks in KH is the Camera and the Gummi Ship battles *shudder* any thoughts on this? :shyguy: :beezo:

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Re: More one liners!?!

We sure will get back on topic when you learn to stop with the one liners! Sure my last post wasn't even nessesary but it had to be done! Anywho in case you haven't noticed you started this whole shlock of Voice acting debates by posting your first complaint about Lance Bass. That is some good advice let us stop talking about the voice actor issue and focus on KH, that means you too Yoshi, you've gotten on my nerves once, I suggest you don't get on them again!
To let you know, that was oner one line, but setence wise, I guess your right. And I'll stop posting like that to, I'm sorta starting to bug myself out. And to agree with you, ya the camera does suck. But at least the character's aren't so bad, and that theme... thats good stuff!:D

Yahweh

Smash Apprentice
Forgive me for saying this but

Lance Bass does NOT do Seph. voice he does Clouds voice. Ive fought Seph. and he does not talk, he just comes out and hands you your butt on a silver plater. Lance Bass does Clouds voice not Seph. and i will say Lance Bass does an EXCELLENT job doing Clouds voice.

Can someone help me in getting the Spell Arts. I only need Gravity and Stop. Every mushroom i find does not do the pose for me to get them. Can some one point me in the right direction. thanks!

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
eh, we all make mistakes

Sorry to give you sass Yoshi, I too happen to post stupid crap. Anywho my thoughts on the Gummi ship. To be honest the game could of been better without this mini game, and most players are more eager to leave the Gummi mini game than play it. I found the graphics a tad ugly to look at durring this Mini game and I too find myself wanting to get it over with, oh well everything else in KH rules! :shyguy: :beezo:

Note:

Originally posted by Yahweh
Forgive me for saying this but

Lance Bass does NOT do Seph. voice he does Clouds voice. Ive fought Seph. and he does not talk, he just comes out and hands you your butt on a silver plater. Lance Bass does Clouds voice not Seph. and i will say Lance Bass does an EXCELLENT job doing Clouds voice.
Can you back up this statement Yahweh? I'd like to see proof of your claims! I also belive that Sean Astin did the voice of Cloud (or squall?) and Sephiroth does talk you just need to survive long enough (are you at level 100 yet?)

Yahweh

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of voice acting, "Kingdom Hearts" boasts a stellar cast of Hollywood talent, most notably Haley Joel Osment, who does a great Sora. "Angel's" David Boreanaz also lends his skills as Leon (though he's actually "Final Fantasy VIII's" Squall). One surprise role is of pop singer Mandy Moore, who effectively pulls off a resurrected Aerith from "Final Fantasy VII." The voiceover roster of the Disney characters is just as impressive, featuring most of the current (as opposed to the original though deceased) actors of well-known figures such as Donald Duck, Goofy, and Pooh. Some famous reprisals include Gilbert Gottfried as "Aladdin's" Iago and James Woods as "Hercules'" Hades.
This is all i could find, but im looking. I believe i heard on extended play (techtv) where they said lance bass does the voice of cloud. Ill look, but im pretty sure i will find out for sure. Maybe im wrong, but im pretty sure.

Top Bottom