• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kingdom Hearts 3 (?)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Today's revelation of a Marvel buyout by Disney has many wondering if this means Adamantium weapons, or even more elaborate tie-ins, for the next Kingdom Hearts game. Obviously, with the deal having just been announced, no one is talking about video game collaborations just yet. But we do have some possible first details on the game that could be Kingdom Hearts III.

The information comes our way via Famitsu, who's issue last week featured an interview with Kingdom Hearts producer Tetsuya Nomura. The interview was mostly about Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, the upcoming PSP entry in the series. The long awaited true sequel in the Kingdom Hearts line is now due for Japanese release this Winter.

Closing off the interview, Nomura said of Birth By Sleep, "There are lots of mysteries or areas of interest, so perhaps people will want to play the next title. There is a secret movie after all."

For those who are new to the Kingdom Hearts franchise, one tradition for the series has been to offer a special video teaser of the next main entry following the end credits of the current entry. Kingdom Hearts II's "secret movie" offered a first glimpse at what ended up becoming Birth By Sleep.

Asked if by "next title" he meant Kingdom Hearts 3, Nomura would only say, "The next title is the next title."

This was just one of many revelations shared by Nomura during the interview. Among the other points of note, we were pleased to hear that Birth By Sleep will offer some 50 hours of play time. Nomura expects each playable character, Aqua, Ventus, and Terra, to take about 15 hours. The remaining time is for customization of your decks.

Adding up the play times for each character may seem like cheating, but it could be appropriate here. Each character takes a different path through the game, explained Nomura, although there are some areas where two or all three meet up.

Outside of the Kingdom Hearts talk, Nomura provided a glimpse at Square Enix's plans for the upcoming Tokyo Game Show. Sadly, it looks like the company's booth this year will be a small one. The "Closed Megatheater" trailer show, a tradition going back as far as we can remember, will be missing this year. While those who sample Birth By Sleep and Final Fantasy XIII will get a glimpse at trailers of a few games, Nomura said to not expect footage from Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Final Fantasy Agito XIII, and The Third Birthday to be among them.

We hope the Closed Megatheater returns at next year's show and brings with it footage from Kingdom Hearts III along with some sweet Marvel tie-ups.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/101/1019846p1.html

Wrath`

Smash Master
I just wonder if Sony will lose exclusivity on the KH series also. KH on the X-box would be fun.

I do not think Marvel will tie in well with FF and Disney characters.

Think Kingdom hearts will be a Trilogy or a never ender such as Final Fantasy

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I just wonder if Sony will lose exclusivity on the KH series also. KH on the X-box would be fun.

Please note the article is in the Wii section of IGN.

Spire

III
BRoomer

Did anyone originally think FF and Disney would tie in well at all? No. It was an absurd idea. But it has proven to work, so I'm sure they could make Marvel work.

Not that I support it, but I'm sure they could make it work.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Aren't the KH developers still working on FFXIII and Versus?

Besides, Disney may the final say on where the next KH game go on, but Noruma's a graphic ***** and may look for any reason not to put it on the Wii.

Darkslash

Smash Master
What about 358/2 Days?? Wouldn't that be considered KH3??
More like Kingdom Hearts 1.75

358/2 days is centered around Roxas and his days as a Org XIII member. If any thing its not a spinoff and more of a prequel. It still has the core gameplay as the console versions, and tells the story before the sequel...

But then that would make it the sequel of a prequel?
Also I think a Mod should merge this with the Kingdom Hearts thread. There's no official announcement of the game and this is hardly thread worthy.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
It'd be awesome if they could somehow include all 3 universes with a little cohesion. It'd have to be a long game to satisfy all of the fans though.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It'd be awesome if they could somehow include all 3 universes with a little cohesion. It'd have to be a long game to satisfy all of the fans though.
No I like final fantasy where it is I don't like the idea of Marvel in it too. also Marvel has some of weird comics I wonder why Disney would want some of those.

Top Bottom