• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King of the House Results

phởHouse

Smash Cadet
Melee Doubles:
1: Ye Olde School (Bluezaft & Dr. Drew) ($108.00)
2: Team 3DS (WaterlessFishie & Penguin) ($54.00)
3: Crimson Foopa (Thoraxe & Tadeo) ($18.00)
4: Denti & Disafter (Denti & Disafter)
5: Pizzacato & Nevake (Pizzacato & Nevake)
5: San Antonio Sucks (Boomstick & S.O.S.)
7: CHOBANI (Timestop & Coco)
7: Style or Die (Bubbles & Grey)
9: Influence (Gyallis & Zift)
9: Team OK (Pinku & XoRi)
9: TheDilemmas (Storytime & Goyo)
9: Maruchan (Hobo & SDJ)
13: The Book Club (Soup & Hiya)
13: L68 (reku68 & L)
13: En?gma (Vurmin & Suicide Bomber)
13: Indicud (Michael Morgan & Rodrigo Ramos)
17: BlazeBlue & Anchor (BlazeBlue & Anchor)

Melee Singles:
1: S.O.S. ($354.00 + $100 bonus)
2: Disafter ($177.00)
3: Bluezaft ($59.00)
4: Dr Drew the Dragon
5: Lunchables
5: Penguin
7: Boomstick
7: Thoraxe
9: WaterlessFishie
9: Nevake
9: Denti
9: WTBlake
13: Awestin
13: Sad Ganon

ProjectM Doubles:
1: Legendary Super Camp (Denti & AeroLink) ($156.00)
2: Sultans of Silliness (Blink & Austin) ($78.00)
3: LUCKABLES (Luck & Lunchables) ($26.00)
4: Disafter & The Game Genie (Disafter & The Game Genie)
5: Team Margaritaville (Youngblood & Sad Ganon)
5: Ye Olde School (Bluezaft & Dr. Drew)
7: Cory in the House (Scotch & Cory)
7: Team Melee (S.O.S. & WaterlessFishie)
9: Team Daddy Issues (Tripp & Darkgun)
9: Mono Red (Ampersand & Kawaii)
9: Crimson Foopa (Thoraxe & Tadeo)
9: Indicud (Michael Morgan & Rodrigo Ramos)
13: En?gma (Vurmin & Suicide Bomber)
13: `CHOBANI (TIMESTOP & Coco)
13: Maruchan (Hobo & SDJ)
13: Influence (Gyallis & Zift)
17: 2D Fighter & Mongoose (2D Fighters & Mongoose)
17: CHANDUDE (Thin Mint & Awestin)
17: Colors (Afernee & Grayson Ramos)
17: ICE CLIMBERS (Chuy & Azer)
17: Dunkin Bro'Nuts (Artimus & Bombitty)
17: Almond Milk (irlrascal & Oliver_xx)
17: Squander (Swonk & Faygo)
17: Fortress 2 (Isaac Getto & Eric Lee)
25: Bomb-Diggity (Tony Jiang + Chris Liu)
25: Papertowels (Phalynx & Whoami)

ProjectM Singles:
1: Awestin ($438.00 + $100.00 bonus)
2: Denti ($219.00)
3: Lunchables ($73.00)
4: Dr. Drew the Dragon
5: AeroLink
5: Disafter
7: LUCK
7: The Game Genie
9: S.O.S.
9: Joshua Corant
9: Death
9: Kawaii
13: Blink
13: CORY
13: Chuy
13: Pizzacato
17: Pinku
17: Doogle
17: Chris102
17: Tripp
17: RoboHobo
17: Darkgun
17: Timestop
17: Drigonaut

goodnightwip

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah we should have bracket images
shoutouts later, this venue was AMAZING! I'm glad I heard someone at the venue say they were going to host these more often

Top 3! I climbed my way through losers! :toonlink:

Bukowski On Ice

Smash Cadet
what happened? these results are super weird. @ W WaterlessFishie was seeding that bad?

So I only got to play friendlies because I was late for the reg time which was my bad but I have some comments to share.

1. The venue was amazing and I'm super hyped for the next one but organization was poor. Melee and PM should have been split into two separate areas so that people could easily find a place to play. There were definitely more friendlies being played than tournament matches for a long period of time.
2. For TOing for the first time (from what I've heard) gj! But for such a large venue there needs to be a larger tourney staff with more veteran TOs to keep things running smoothly. I didn't stay the whole time but apparently it didn't end until 1-2am.
3. Seeding.
4. It was my bad for being late and that is my bad for sure, but reg times for an event should close an hour or half an hour before the event begins. For anyone who wasn't going to play doubles they had to wait for 3-5 hours to play their tourney matches (since things ran late) after registration, which kept plenty of people on friendlies which slowed things down. I would recommend having an area for friendlies with limited tvs and keeping the tournament section run tightly.

On the positives the venue was spectacular and the food was tasty. This series has potential and from an old TO I think that next time can be even better than this one with some changes. I enjoyed my self and so did plenty of others.

ggs

D

Deleted member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This venue had really good food, was very lively, big enough to fit all of us, and the people running the place were very very nice/chill

Also someone interviewed me... I'm really confused but flattered at the same time

GiftedRoboHobo

Smash Rookie
I LOVED this tournament. It was probably the most comfortable I've ever felt at an event and I will definitely be at the next one. That said the only problem I had was that I thought the seeding was kind of... weird. 1st round of loser's I played the other player that made it out of my pool which seems strange to me. That said I'm just glad to say I made it out of pools anyway, and I had awesome time.

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
So I didn't compete, frankly because I didn't bother to save the money. I kinda thought this would be a small 20-man or so tourney. But, damn. 50-60 people just for Melee? I didn't even ask about P:M. Long story short, this blew me away. The staff was always cheerful, helpful, and pleasant to be around, despite them working overtime for us. The setups seemed a bit weird in their placement, it made getting from point A to point B a bit difficult sometimes. But thats a very minor detail. This was the sickest venue I've ever been to. For any kind of tournament. Excellent stuff.
I'm definitely looking forward to the next tournament, and this time, I will be competing.

Shoutouts!

@ GiftedRoboHobo GiftedRoboHobo and @SDJ Great job, guys! Grats on making some placements!
@qqwwrrmm, @Thoraxe and @Humbone We need to hang out more often. Yall are super chill.
@BoomStick You get a special shoutout because I happen t think you're cute. Keep it up.
@Scotch98' Dude, you were rockin it in P:M. I watched a couple of your matches, and it was fun.
@ BIGJOHNSONxPWNS BIGJOHNSONxPWNS I can't believe you bailed. Way to go. I forgive you, though.
@Disafter (Sorry, I dunno your SB name) Good to finally meet you! That was pretty cool.
@Thin Mint and Ezra chillin was fun as hell as always. One of these times, well get into the same pool! @Thin Mint you're always super supportive and helpful, and I'm glad we're friends. Thanks, gurl <3
All my DIME homies.
Again, mad props to the bartender. You're my hero, holmes.
And of course, the loudest shout goes to @ P phởHouse for hosting this insanely awesome tournament!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think it was something like 74. Anywhere between 70-80

Oracle

Smash Master
Also, whoever the TO is can you grab me the tio file and send it to me? Gotta update the pr with it

phởHouse

Smash Cadet
On setup placement: it was terrible. I'm not one for excuses, but I'll explain our situation: we tried to set up the night before, but things ran extremely late Saturday night. That combined with the hour change gave us only three hours of sleep 5am-8am and then one hour to open the restaurant, clean a bit, and prepare. We didn't even have time to move around tables like we planned nor signs to guide people around. Next time it will be better.

The brackets are on a laptop that I don't have access to until tomorrow afternoon.

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
On setup placement: it was terrible. I'm not one for excuses, but I'll explain our situation: we tried to set up the night before, but things ran extremely late Saturday night. That combined with the hour change gave us only three hours of sleep 5am-8am and then one hour to open the restaurant, clean a bit, and prepare. We didn't even have time to move around tables like we planned nor signs to guide people around. Next time it will be better.

The brackets are on a laptop that I don't have access to until tomorrow afternoon.
I understand. It could have been much worse. All in all, ya'll did a great job on your first tournament. Next time, you'll be better prepared.

Oracle

Smash Master
That's fine, I'm in beijing anyways so I won't have a ton of free time to mess with the rankings. Let me know when you want to have your next one, I would love to help out with setting up and advertising. Pho+Smash are the two things I love most in the world lol

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
I had so much fun at this venue. I'm so happy with my results. My Melee skills are lacking though, plz buff me.

Shout outs to Nevake for being my Melee partner. You're too good to have teamed with me, but we had great synergy. I'm glad we pulled through to 5th in Melee doubles!

Tripp for persisting matches until he got a handle of the match-up. Squirtle's ****ing weird, haha
Drigo for the hype PM match in Loser's, Those never ending knee connections are so scary.
Denti for dropping some APEX wisdom on me.
AND Blink, DA SCREWFORCE

Last edited:

phởHouse

Smash Cadet
Planning for koth2 will be done tomorrow when I get to the restaurant. Comments on the food/drinks/service etc would be appreciated. What was your favorite meal? Did you try the pho? Drinks we didn't have that maybe you wanted? More meals? Or more finger food? Stuff like that. Thanks.

IIRC, entrants were:
Melee Doubles 15
PM Doubles 26
Melee Singles 58
PM Singles 72

Last edited:

hamyojo

Smash Ace
Reaaaaaallllly sad I had to work 5-10. Got there at like noon and played 'till 4:30, and that's all I needed to see to see that this looks like it was an awesome tourney. So glad it had a huge turnout, too.

I really hope that the venue made a lot of money so they want us back, everyone buy more food, it's not like it wasn't awesome! Those 5$ meals were great.

Fun playing friendlies with all y'all before I had to go so painfully early.

Big congrats to Zach/Lunchables! Get first already, nerd.

Also thanks SOS for taking my money by playing Sheik against me :c
why
you didnt need to be that way

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
Comments on the food/drinks/service etc would be appreciated. [...] Drinks we didn't have that maybe you wanted?
I wanted a Hurricane so badly. BUT! That being said your bartender did an amazing job of whipping up a very Hurricane-esque drink that I enjoyed greatly. Mad props.

Also, I get that this is a restaurant in Dallas, but maybe there should be a Tournament Happy Hour thing? I mean, damn. I had to play MMs just to get my drink. And I think you'll sell more of them that way. I know I'd buy more.

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Planning for koth2 will be done tomorrow when I get to the restaurant. Comments on the food/drinks/service etc would be appreciated. What was your favorite meal? Did you try the pho? Drinks we didn't have that maybe you wanted? More meals? Or more finger food? Stuff like that. Thanks.

IIRC, entrants were:
Melee Doubles 15
PM Doubles 26
Melee Singles 58
PM Singles 72

A few criticisms in terms of drinks were, they prices were a bit steep. $1 per can? I just got free glasses of water. A place dedicated to eat would have been nice, other than the bar. Service was pretty great, but it seemed to be a pretty common problem for people to not know when their food was ready, not really sure how to remedy this.

A lot of TVs were open, or people were playing friendlies on them, while the tournamnt was open. It didn't run as late as PARG2 at least, but you might wanna keep an eye on which TVs were open and call matches a lot more often.

Very happy you guys did pools though, much prefer them than straight to bracket. Overall I'd say it was a good experience but, it has a lot more potential than was excised. Future events should be freaking sweet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shoutouts:

GentleBreeze: Sorry that I didn't get to play you at all. Glad we talked though.
ThinMint: ^
Lunchables:
Jesus Christ, are you famous now? Your P:M skill and Melee skill are unbelievable for your age. I'm 100% sure you're going to be one of the best players of the new generation.
CORY: Man, I'm glad I teamed with you. 7th out of 25th is pretty good for our first time teaming lol.
S0UP: wtf man how did you come back when I had you up 2-0 lmao, I'm such a fraud
Hiya: Fox is dumb. Major kudos for bopping me though.
ElementOfSmash: No Brazilians? I hope you got some alky in your system though.
EmLeingod: My only john is that I don't know the Ivysaur matchup well. Still, johns aside, GG's for taking the 95 cents off of me.
My Melee Pool: "Wrecking Scotch since 2014"
My P:M Pool: You guys tossed my Falcon around like a hackysack. I'm glad I least finished strong and didn't get four stocked.
PhoHouse: Please host more tournaments. This felt like a ****ing national.
Oracle: Where were you and why didn't you take my money
Aliami: Where were you and why didn't I take your money
AeroLink: You were a walking skittle. Such a sexy Link though, very nice man.
RoboHobo and Mongoose: Thank you for the ride, I would have never made it out to this if it weren't for you guys.
BOnIce: Loving dat Marth man. I hope to see more of you in the future.
Siro: Never played you, but it was nice to see you again.
NoxD: Glad we chill'd at Fat Straw. Your Ness is fantastic at following up combos.

Overall, this was a great tournament. Besides forfeiting Melee pools and losing basically $30+ dollars (1st Party Controller and some dollars), it was fun. I hope everyone had a fun time and got to play some hype matches!

Still not good enough to make decent results yet. One day, though. For now, I'll sit in my room and just practice Falcon tech skill, alone.

D

Deleted member

Uhm... I don't know if this counts as FAMOUS but a guy interviewed me for his DFW Smash Documentary or something
I think he interviewed the top 3 pm players cause he interviewed me awestin and denti

Drigonaut

Smash Apprentice
I thoroughly enjoyed this tournament :) I agree that it was a little disorganized but it's already been addressed. Loved the food, the pho was good but I felt I got a little less soup+noodles than I would have at another viet restaurant. The alcohol was pretty pricy too. $5 per beer and $7 for the royal **** plus the chicken fingers, extra fries, and a bowl of pho plus tip put me out ~62 bucks on top of the venue fee x.x

Also, shoutout to @ pizzacato pizzacato for the super awesome match in losers. No complaints even if I lost lol.
Another shout to all the Ganon mains lol. I think we had like 7 or 8 of us there. Just another reason amongst others for me to switch to captain falcon.

Edit: maybe it just felt pricey and is actually about average price. But a small happy hour or special would have been nice, like 3/4 dollar beers, and if be good with that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Uhm... I don't know if this counts as FAMOUS but a guy interviewed me for his DFW Smash Documentary or something
I think he interviewed the top 3 pm players cause he interviewed me awestin and denti
Yeah, maybe saying famous was a little bit, iffy, but you are quite known, however.

D

Deleted member

Best Venue ever. We should use this venue so much more often. The food was inexpensive and delicious, it was lively, open, and the people running it were nice. I also got interviewed randomly as well as a few others did.

1: Awestin - OOOoOOoOoOoOoOOoOoOooooOOoooOOOOOO AWEEEESSTIIIIIIIIN you're so good at this game damnit. We haven't played in singles for a long time, but I feel like we put a number on you guys in doubles. Am I good at this game yet?
2: Denti - Holy **** you're so fun to talk with/hang out with, why do you accomplish everything I wish I was ; - ; Our melee games were ridiculously funny and actually kind of close, pm dubs we choked mega super hard core and I don't think thats our true potential. PM Singles our games were really close... One day I'll make an upset and actually win a huge pm tourney like this.
3: Lunchables - You're getting closer. Top 10 on the PR probably now, so close to TRUE top level player...
4: Dr. Drew the Dragon - I get the feeling that in the MM you played with me at br10, you were sandbagging and fishing out what toonlink does, cause the set we played here you were doing a lot better even though it was a 2-0
5: AeroLink - Holy mother ****ing jesus living christ of satans back stabing ******** grandmother THAT WAS LITERALLY THE HARDEST SET I'VE PLAYED IN MY LIFE. You truly are my father :crying:
5: Disafter - After the big session we had of playing, I'd think fate would put us against eachother in PM but it didn't happen
7: LUCK - Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan we play at like every tourney. It needs to stop :( Our dubs performance was pretty good, we just have a few minor bugs to fix and we'll be up in the stars in no time.
7: The Game Genie - We played a few friendlies in the beginning, and I'm pretty sure that I disagree with the sheik. Squirtle man!
9: S.O.S. - I expected you to be higher up in pm. That deal we had was pretty funny though LOL, I'm a little *****
9: Joshua Corant - Your ike actually gave me a sweat for a stock or 2
13: Blink - I swear you're not this bad, you played so much better in dubs (Except for that wario ware game 3 OOoOoOOoOOooOOOoooOOOOOOOOOoOOo)
13: CORY - Ganon v. Toonlink is super duper free :( Ganon sucks
13: Pizzacato - Your samus looked pretty good in pm, melee kind of sucked though cause marth is a big fat jerk.
WaterlessFishie: Holy **** I feel so bad but so good about our set LOL. Literally have no one to blame but yourself which is the WOOOOORST feeling ever.
Penguin: Yeah I didn't come to play melee today, I don't know how I beat gabe and 3 stocked disafters fox but I'd rather MM at dime cause there I'll be playing you in the game I actually wanted to play (Well... Hopefully... Melee is still melee to me)

I lost to ALSM like first or second round because I got unfocused game 3, and I went to losers. I beat about 5 or 6 people, making my journey up to losers finals WHICH INCLUDED BEATING ALSM. I think after the loss with ALSM, my conversation with Denti gave me a huge amount of confidence to continue, cause he told me stories about how he made it through losers in several tournies and made the comeback. I won a decent bit of money today, and I think this tourney boosted me to top 10 on the dfw pr.

:toonlink: Welcome to Texas, where a 14 year old child is one of the best players in the region with a "bottom 5" character. Let's go. :toonlink:

Zydrah

Smash Rookie
I'll do shoutouts to pool peeps and stuff tomorrow. I had to leave early b/c lol no spring break yet so no bracket play in P:M for me but it was cool getting into bracket nonetheless, wish I could've played some sets :(

BIGJOHNSONxPWNS

Smash Apprentice
This event was pretty badass. Had a pretty solid pool and didn't do bad at all. Went positive, almost got a couple of 4 stocks, and made a solid 3 stock comeback in a match. Shout outs to Dorf for having a pretty slick Ganon and making me realize that even though I'm a Falco that I need to learn that MU. The food was good (although I didn't actually eat pho, just the finger foods) and the venue was amazing. The staff was super friendly and did I mention the venue was amazing? Only semi-complaints were the early registration time, a few problems with pools, and the fact that one drink for me was $8. Ouch. Overall this tourney was awesome, especially for it being the first installment. Can't wait for the next one.

Too lazy for full shout outs. You know who you are.

Last edited:

tripp6313

Smash Apprentice
Time for the shout outs yo!... Gonna make it supper long (meaning better savor it haha) so sorry for the scrolls guys:

DarkGun: Bro we did it!!! finally out of pools!!!!!!!!!!!... lets keep going up and keep at it man!
Pizzacato: Dude thanks for putting up with me trying to figure out the match up... You had some good **** coming out your samus... Keep it up!!! I can't wait till our next match. And hopefully we won't face a tie in pools again ;)
2D Fighter: shout out some love toward the College Station crew in general man you guys are always among my fav. smashers to see at tourneys! Your G&W is going to take you places bro just wait. I now find that i will have to sit down and learn that match up! But GG on our doubles match.
Mongoose: GG in doubles man. Its not often I find a challenge in Ganondorf. But it was fun match to play with y'all.
Bombiddy: nice talking with ya man. We should play against each other soon. Your sonic is looking very solid.
Phalynx (sorry if i murdernated your name): GG for your first tourney. I can't wait to see where you sheik takes ya :D
Bluezaft: Holy crap that picha man... that was some straight up badassitude! Way to sweep our bracket man because that was awesome!
Tony Jiang + Chris Liu: Don't give up. There's great stuff coming your way!

Blink: DAT IKE! Man I've been wondering how I'd fair against you but never had the nerve to ask. That was awesome man. It was a ton of fun! and all the double matches afterwards were great too... thanks man!
WTBlake: Dude you are one cool cat man. You were a lot of fun to play against and it was fun having to work for that Win... Keep up the good work man!
TIMESTOP & Coco: I won't lie in our match i was hoping to use lylat cruise as a trump card because DG and i had practiced for a lot of our matches there so i figured it was a rush down tech.... I learned a valuable lesson yesterday NEVER PICK THAT STAGE... but that was a beautiful win on your part guys. i had a ton of fun against y'all.
Bwett: thanks for the help man... I really do appreciate getting pointers every time I see ya.
Vurmin & Suicide Bomber: GG guys.. keep up the hard work... You're getting there
Grand: Practice?
Luck: Next time I will have a Half dollar waiting to be lost to ya bud!!
CORY: Dang it CORY i'm going to beat the only Ganondorf I can't beat!...>< BAHH sooo close to it i just gotta figure it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... On the serious note... Dude good ****... Your a solid as a player man and a really great guy. You've come a long way since LTC and i was happy i could play against ya again.
Finally and most importantly... THANK YOU to the TOs and the Pho House... the food was incredible, the service was even better, the blonde waitress was one of the coolest girls to meet, and the owner was a great guy. Thanks for hosting this for us

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
so, shoutouts first:

@Scotch98' : "CORY: Man, I'm glad I teamed with you. 7th out of 25th is pretty good for our first time teaming lol." ferrealz! we had a really good run and we got eliminated by the mirror match outplaying us. i'm really happy with our teams performance : D still a bit salty that our recorded money match was you beating me : p but that's how it works. we're totally doing another mm next tourney, keep improving!
@ tripp6313 tripp6313 : nice playing you again! our $.50 mm, then double or nothing runback was intense : D and i'm such a dumby for not realizing i can cc withdraw >< i'm still totally worried about you just playing around that now, though. i'm free from commitments for your tourney on the 22nd, so as long as i'm not in a bad spot for school, i'll make it out there!

@ZachAttax64 : man, screw that toon link nonsense >: C fight me like a man, you child! but, yeah, i expected nothing less : D grats on making third!
@ the TO : you had a great venue and pleeeeeeeeeeeeeenty of setups. you just need to learn how to keep all the setups going efficiently and you could totally finish something that size in about 8 hours. good job for your first one, totally. about food/drinks: the beef pho was pretty good. felt a little expensive, but i don't think it was totally out of line or over the top. the burgers were clearly not your restaurants specialty, but they were fine. i'd like some mustard, but i think i'm one of the few. also didn't realize i could've gotten a cheeseburger, so that was my fault. with drinks, i'd like some cider, myself. not much of a beer person (and i'm not going for a mixed drink at a tourney, i'm way too light for that...), but it might've been for the better that there was nothing alchoholic i would drink that day : p

yeah, that's it... not good at this shoutout stuff ;x glad i finally made it out of pools (albeit, with a bit of confusion, but still!) how many people were in the pm tourney? 6x16? tying for 13th out of that is pretty respectable. must train my ganon up more! he needs more power!

edit: tying with @Blink at 13th? c'mon man! you're better than that!

Last edited:
Top Bottom