• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I was waiting for more of the Gangplank remix! Its so awesome! I hope someone can mashup the intro part from the trialer with this clip to make it as complete as possible until launch.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
It's amazing. The vocals are awesome. It's definitely K. Rool singing once again after 18 years.

After the trailer I still preferred the Brawl version but after this Gangplank galleon definitely trumps Shipdeck 2.

Also I love that DK and Diddy also have a vocal song with the Returns vocal mix from smash 4.
Maybe I can't tell but that sounds different than the one in the trailer to me. It sounds different...I like it but I think it's different. Could Gangplank Galleon be the new Jungle Hijinx? Where we end up with like 3 versions in Smash?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
My reaction to the new music clip

“This is so, so good, this cannot possibly get better—”
unexpected rap verse taking it to the fridge

“wha— holy **** IT GETS BETTER”

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Epic remix for Gang-Plank. By a Xenoblade composer on top of it!

But yea, I too will miss the Newcomer speculation threads for K. Rool. But instead I get to sleep easy knowing he's finally in. :)

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Maybe I can't tell but that sounds different than the one in the trailer to me. It sounds different...I like it but I think it's different. Could Gangplank Galleon be the new Jungle Hijinx? Where we end up with like 3 versions in Smash?
I ain't complaining, although, it'd be nice to get a Crocodile Cacaphony remix.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Man, I am so glad they didn't make us wait till launch to hear the rest of the Gangplank Galleon theme. My ears would have been missing out for the next 4 months otherwise. Hot damn. It is a theme befitting of a king, to say the least. I hope someone can make out the lyrics in the rap verse soon though, I can't figure them out for myself.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Haven't given it a proper listen yet because I'm not home right now, but compared to the hype from the trailer, this is kinda disappointing. It sounds different to me, and the rap just butchers it for me. I really don't like rap.

I hope the trailer version was a different song, it was so good in the trailer.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Yeah, not much a fan of the rap bit here either. Maybe there'll be a no-vocals version? They had that for a few other songs. Some sound better with and some without.

Still, despite the fact that they just keep remixing the same 3 or 4 songs, I do like most of the different takes on them. I hope we get more stuff from DK64 though, that'd be awesome. Just give us the original DK64 rap in its entirety - the remix butchered it.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
BKupa666 BKupa666 Earlier when you posted your reflective essay on the inclusion of K. Rool you mentioned that someone told you that the "Powers That Be" at Nintendo weren't aware of his popularity and were taken by surprise when he did so well in the ballot. Then you said you were clued in that those same powers are going to work to do more with The King in future projects.

Can you speak more to that? Have you been hinted any other information?

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I mention wanting to hear more of the remix and then later that day they put it up on the site.

I, uh, I also would like to see Crocodile Cacophony, Big Boss Blues, K. Rool's Acid Punk, and K. Rool Duel remixed for this Smash. And Dixie Kong as a new playable fighter. Thanks, universe

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
They do sound like different mixes to me. I'm wondering if maybe the trailer version is actually a mashup and it leads into another song, such as Crocodile Cacophany.

Personally I love it, though I am mixed on the rap parts.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I did not respond yet on K. Rool's confirmation like I did with Dark Samus and Chrom. I figured whatever I said would be lost in the maelstrom of hype, whereas for the other two (I still need to comment and give congratulations for Simon and Richter as well), much less cared about their confirmation (although what they accomplished was just as incredible as what K. Rool did).

K. Rool was among the few iconic and legendary Nintendo characters left not yet playable in Smash Bros. Sakurai confirming him in the same Direct as Simon Belmont was absolutely incredible. Who knows what Sakurai has planned for the final Ultimate direct now.

K. Rool has been among the most wanted newcomers for Smash Bros. ever since Diddy Kong was confirmed 11 years ago. A lot has changed in those 11 years, but the one thing that did not was K. Rool's position as one of the most highly desired characters for Smash Bros.

After Brawl's release, it seemed as though Ridley, K. Rool, Mega Man, and Little Mac would be the next most obvious choices as far as newcomers went for Smash 4. Unfortunately, Ridley being deemed "too big" and K. Rool "too irrelevant" kept the big guys out of Smash 4. The ballot seems to have been a blessing as it showed a real demand for K. Rool despite having been gone from DK for over a decade (I imagine the ballot was what also got Dark Samus and Chrom in as well).

K. Rool, like Ridley, is a character with enough importance and popularity that he could have been an addition for Brawl. I believe had Diddy Kong been a newcomer in Melee, we probably would have seen K. Rool as a newcomer in Brawl (and probably Dixie Kong in Smash 4).

K. Rool was a titan. After Ridley's confirmation, K. Rool stood alone as a character with the level of both support and importance in his own franchise that no other character came close (Dixie Kong, Bandanna Dee, and Toad/Captain Toad might be the only other ones left with both importance to their series and a high level of support as well).

Ridley and K. Rool fans have been pretty joined at the hip seeing as both were villains to franchises that many deemed to have gotten a cold shoulder in terms of content in Smash Bros. Its great to see both have finally become playable after waiting for over a decade for both characters.

I said it in the Ridley thread, and I'll say it here;
I love the fact that the character is in, but it somehow feels wrong that King K. Rool will never set foot in Newcomer Speculation again. This and the Ridley thread were the two main pillars in Newcomer speculation, and seeing them gone makes that section of Smashboards feel all the emptier.
In the meantime I guess I can hang around the Isaac/Skull Kid/Banjo Kazooie threads, but it just doesn't feel the same.
I'm not going to re-deconfirm K. Rool to fill that hole, I'm not that deep in nostalgia, just that resting on these laurels brings some bittersweet feelings. There's no more need to fight, but I kind of miss the fighting for a character we believed in.
It is very surreal to no longer see support threads for Ridley and K. Rool. Nearly all of the massively requested characters after Brawl's release are now in. Mega Man is in. Little Mac is in. Bowser Jr. is in. Mewtwo is in. Roy is in. Ridley is in. K. Rool is in. The only one left it seems is Isaac in terms of characters that had a large amount of support after Brawl's release, but are still not in.

After Isaac, the next biggest characters seem to be Bandanna Dee and Dixie Kong, but even those two do not have the passion that Ridley and K. Rool saw. Geno now has a large amount of support like he did during pre-Brawl (Sakurai's statement on Geno was probably what did it), but in terms of characters that are more than just a cult following, Bandanna Dee and Dixie Kong are the only two left with importance, popularity, and have not been deconfirmed yet.

I always thought that BKupa666 BKupa666 is to K.Rool what ChronoBound ChronoBound is to Ridley. I just can feel the passion they have for these characters.

As the owner of the Simon thread i know the feeling of getting the character that you have been clamoring for.
Yes, I give my congratulations to Bkupa in particular. I bet he is as thrilled as I was when Ridley was finally confirmed. He deserves to be commended for his work leading the K. Rool fanbase and helping it through the last ten years, which unfortunately have been rough for the character.

As for you Tord, I will give my two cents on Simon's (and Richter's) confirmation hopefully in the near future.

The confirmation of Ridley, K. Rool, Dark Samus, and Chrom really shows that this game is truly "special" (the Japanese title for Ultimate). Many thought these four characters would never happen as playable characters after missing Smash 4, and with only the ballot giving hope to K. Rool fans. Its really surreal.

Metroid now has the representation that Metroid fans had been dreaming of since prior to Brawll's release. Seeing Ridley, Dark Samus, Mother Brain, and a Metroid all side by side was phenomenal fanservice, as well as watching Dark Samus and Meta Ridley knock Samus back and forth.

It is my hope that Donkey Kong will similarly get a complete set of representation, and Dixie Kong added in this title as well. As with Dixie Kong, many of her fans had to wait behind Ridley's confirmation before most primary Ridley fans were willing to vocally support her. Unfortunately, unlike Dixie Kong, Dark Samus's time in the sun was over with Prime 3, and she found herself in the same "irrelevant" problem that K. Rool did only without the K. Rool levels of support. Metroid fans got a happy ending, with both Ridley and Dark Samus finally making it in,

I said before that I personally like Dixie Kong more, but I am happy that K. Rool made it in. It was actually the strong hints about Dark Samus's inclusion, that made me believe that K. Rool was very likely to make it in. I made a post two months ago detailing my thoughts on it:
https://smashboards.com/threads/k-rools-kremling-kutthroats-konfirmed.446401/post-22116695

I am glad to see that K. Rool fans are now jumping aboard the Dixie Kong train much like Diddy Kong fans did 11 years ago. Hopefully, Dixie Kong and K. Rool will finally have their rematch. Afterall, Dixie Kong is the only Kong of the original trilogy to have bested K. Rool TWICE.

Ridley, K. Rool, Inklings, Simon Belmont. This installment of Smash Bros. truly is Ultimate.

Who would have thought six months ago that our next installment of Smash Bros. would not only bring back ever veteran ever, but also Ridley AND K. Rool, as well as some other characters that seemed as though their time was over with a previous installment of Smash (Brawl for Dark Samus and Smash 4 for Chrom).

Congratulations Kremling Krew. Your long war is finally over. Its time to celebrate.

ridleykrooldarksamuscelebrating.jpg

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
So the new Gangplank Galleon remix is up.

On top of the mariachi vibes, it features vocal sections and a guitar solo.

In short, it's utterly ridiculous. I love it.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
It's super triumphant and more than a little silly, it's like the theme itself is celebrating K. Rool's return. Not at all the tone I was expecting for a new remix, but I think the weirdness adds to the charm. Not unlike the man himself.
Also glad we finally got a mix with the song's actual name and not just "King K. Rool"

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Frankly, even if you don't like rap, it's fairly subtle in this instance and not too hard to ignore. A powerful climax makes any song better.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Epic remix for Gang-Plank. By a Xenoblade composer on top of it!
As soon as I saw it was ACE, I was like "of COURSE it was ACE. That's why it's so good!" Those guys are one of my favorite composers--everything they make is...well, aces. Lol

They absolutely nailed it with this one. I must have it in my playlist. I just wish I could understand the rap lyrics...

Thundross

Smash Rookie
Possible lyrics I've seen floating around? People with headphones can compare, as they're apparently easier to understand if you use them.

You can do it, whelp.
You can claw 'im, gnaw 'im, stone 'im, beat 'im.
I'll do this with my mind, you just obey ME!

And do you stammer, stammer seein' my claw?
You better star me, steam me, see me, scrub me, feed me my cod.

You ready already, or wheezy oh?
And bestial crushin', easy though.
And total-ly the very top
D N A, now!

You need a shanty, shanty, shanty: a song.
You're an extremely scary regent that conquers us all,
You go

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I love the Gangplank Galleon Remix, especially the vocals! I think I will listen to it again!

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893
GameXplain combined the trailer portion and the blog post portion. I gotta say, I've listened to MANY Gangplank Galleon remixes over the years, and this is far and away the best one. It warms my heart to see how much effort they put into this. (It also warms my heart to see that they named it "Gangplank Galleon" instead of "King K. Rool / Ship Deck 2." That name always bothered me.)

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I like how "energetic" it is, how "triumphant" it sounds. Definitely blows the Brawl version out of the water IMO which sounded just like a crappy recreation with no power behind it. They did a good job.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
With how well Gamexplain spliced those two together... Yeah I am officially convinced it's just two parts of the same song now. Which is fine by me, I'd much rather have a larger variety of remixes anyway

K.K. Rooler ♫

Smash Rookie
I’m hoping for DK64’s Frantic Factory & K. Rool Battle theme as part of whatever soundtrack may be associated with his inclusion. Obviously Crocodile Cacophony would be ideal too!

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
It's amazing. The vocals are awesome. It's definitely K. Rool singing once again after 18 years.

After the trailer I still preferred the Brawl version but after this Gangplank galleon definitely trumps Shipdeck 2.

Also I love that DK and Diddy also have a vocal song with the Returns vocal mix from smash 4.
K. Rool gets a K. Rap? OMG! Somebody please, decipher those words for me, I have to learn it!

Thundross

Smash Rookie
K. Rool gets a K. Rap? OMG! Somebody please, decipher those words for me, I have to learn it!
I posted some transcribed lyrics that have been floating around above, even if they're probably not completely accurate. I think they still give the general gist.

Possible lyrics I've seen floating around? People with headphones can compare, as they're apparently easier to understand if you use them.

You can do it, whelp.
You can claw 'im, gnaw 'im, stone 'im, beat 'im.
I'll do this with my mind, you just obey ME!

And do you stammer, stammer seein' my claw?
You better star me, steam me, see me, scrub me, feed me my cod.

You ready already, or wheezy oh?
And bestial crushin', easy though.
And total-ly the very top
D N A, now!

You need a shanty, shanty, shanty: a song.
You're an extremely scary regent that conquers us all,
You go

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
OMG! I know which song I‘ll Be cranking up to maximum for all the DK stages....

This sounds amazing!!

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Here's a version of the song I found with an even better transition and no commentary:

I'm digging this version of Gangplank Galleon! It has so much energy and it sounds triumphant. Though I didn't expect the rap part but that will probably grow on me. The Brawl version was good, but this is way better.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, what is the lyrics saying? Is it in Japanese? I can't tell

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
This remix is fantastic, and the rap is growing me. A Reddit comment I particularly liked:

"I guess this is what happens when Cranky takes us to the fridge"

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ya know... I've been wondering...

Is K.Rool strong but a bit chubby and the armor is modeled after his own belly or is he muscular and his belly is just the armor?

Klimax

Smash Ace
The armor is modeled after his belly in my opinion.

By the way, this version of the Gangplank's Galleon theme is by far my favorite remix. It sounds so great, like a celebration for the triumphant return of King K Rool. That's how i see it, the perfect song to celebrate the end of my 15+ years of waiting.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Oh snap, we finally got our emote!!

:ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool:

...but our subfourm still doesn’t have K. Rool’s face in the icon... I am convinced thy’re intentionally keeping it off just to annoy me

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I want Crocodile Cacophany, Fear Factory, Lockjaw's Saga, Grassland Groove, Homecoming Hijinxs, and Seashore War in Smash. These are the main tracks I want now. I was kinda hoping we'd get either Crocodile Cacophany or a TF track instead of the Gangplank Galleon remix again, but giving us more info on the song is great as well!

So now all I can do is hope that Dixie's trailer has Grassland Groove in the background.

Top Bottom