• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I like how they tried to give us a design that's close to an amalgamation of Rare and Paon designs. Perfect compromise, I feel.

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
Guys can we make it canon that Dedede was wearing the mii costume from smash 4?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just a quick reminder; please don't post media-only posts. I know the hype is real(and justified), but try to avoid spam.

Also, very very happy with this character(sad that Ashley is an AT again, same with Waluigi). I've been thinking he had a really good chance, possibly over Dixie(as her focus was a dual moveset with Diddy, so who knows how he thinks she should be playable, if at all at this point).

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I have waited over a decade for this day, a day that a part of me believed would never come. I thought I'd hope for this big fat croc to get in smash until they stopped making them. I even decided that Ridley was enough and I wouldn't be salty if I didn't get K. Rool. But now I have both. No more waiting for directs or E3. No more obsessing over the internet when the game launches to get all the hidden characters. No more feeling like you're wasting your time supporting a character Nintendo had seemingly forgotten. Future smash games won't feel the same without K. Rool and Ridley support threads. We can finally be content like all the people that got their favorites in years ago. We can just sit back and relax. Feels weird, doesn't it?

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Am still in awe honestly. Guess this is what fan-service really is... He even listened to many of the moveset suggestions I see. Even if they seem somewhat obvious. In a way, his moveset is quite straight forward, and not too complex. I don't think K.Rool would be a character hard to master. And that's fine. Ironic how he and Ridley seem the most savage and beastly on the roster, and being the most popular suggestions. Sakurai clearly played with this, as their Final Smash attacks are quite damn similar. Love how they used the Rare version of DK Island as well.

But if I have to be honest. Just K.Rool alone won't cut it for me. I really want to see Dixie enter as a newcomer as well. And seeing how Chrom is a Roy Echo, but borrows Ike's Up B, there's hope for Dixie to be a "Echo" with unique properties as well. Things don't look too bad now. They could copy DK's Up B with more horizontal recovery distance, DK's Forward Throw mechanics, DK's Down B with a Hair Slam and the rest having Diddy's moveset, and there's a low budget Dixie that could work. Funky seems even like far less effort to Echo from DK. I say as a DKC loving community, we support these ideas as well.
Honestly, after seeing no new stage with K. Rool, I've begun speculating that Dixie may come later with one.

Also, does anyone else think that loz18's comments about a heroes vs villains theme could be based on the beginning of K. Rool's trailer. or possibly the end of Ridley's and K. Rool's where the villains go up against their heroes? They both fit the same basic structure: a cinematic trailer, gameplay, then adversaries face off.

StormC

Smash Hero
That Dedede troll was hard; like you could tell Sakurai didn't want to put him in here - he had to throw that jab. It ruined a lot of people's reactions.
I think it was just Sakurai taking the piss out of himself. "Haha, see! I put the costume in, but no K. Rool! Ha ha... wait, wait... wait, NO!"

Sakurai probably had little reason to think fans still wanted K. Rool after being dropped by Nintendo. The ballot gave him unquestionable proof that yes, they did. I've always thought K. Rool was the sort of character Sakurai would love to design as a Smash fighter, and it seems like he agreed.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I have to say, K. Rool's design fits perfectly with this game. It just feels right and he fits right in easily.

Last edited:

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
So happy for you K.Rool fans. As a Ridley diehard, I always loved you guys and your big ol' King. Can't wait to meet some of you on the battlefield this December.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I've been trying to see if he has a tail or not.. it's hard to tell. Not that it's SUPER important I like the design regardless.. but I'm curious..

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Sorry for arriving late. Congratulations in having the last great video game bad guy from my childhood in the game!

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
That Dedede troll was hard; like you could tell Sakurai didn't want to put him in here - he had to throw that jab. It ruined a lot of people's reactions.
Personally, I thought it was hilarious how the trailer was pretty blatantly an analogue to Sakurai laughing himself to tears while watching the fan reaction to the Mii costume (aka "fake K Rool"), only to reveal that he had a master plan all along.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Personally, I thought it was hilarious how the trailer was pretty blatantly an analogue to Sakurai laughing himself to tears while watching the fan reaction to the Mii costume, only to reveal that he had a master plan all along.
I wouldn't guarantee he had any plan; that DLC was brutal, and the complete opposite of fanservice in my eyes.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
One of my most wanted newcomers is finally in the game and it feels great having wanting this character since the days of Melee.

I can honestly say that the villain representation feels as "complete" as it could possibly be with K. Rool in the game.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
Hi all, it's been a while. Just wanted to stop by and say congrats to all the folks that wanted K. Rool in the game.

The inclusions in the game, so far, seem to be the devs tying up a lot of "loose end" requests (at least in terms of the requests that have been a thing since Melee and Brawl). After Ridley and K Rool, I'd say the next "big one" is either going to be Geno or Issac. Hopefully both.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Here's to hoping we'll also get to see some gameplay of Mr. Rool at a few tournaments (Like the Japanese Smash/Mario Tennis ones they've been posting on the Japanese Youtube page) before the games release!

And congratulations everyone!!!! We finally reached our end goal "Gives The Two Thumbs Up"!!!!!!!!!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never finished my support icon.

Oh well. There is a nice new render I can use for it. Not that he needs the support now

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't guarantee he had any plan; that DLC was brutal, and the complete opposite of fanservice in my eyes.
There are only three certainties in life: death, taxes, and the uncertainty of Masahiro Sakurai. Who knows if he had a real plan or not; I'm just stoked that it turned I
out how it did.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
So, since we saw Kaptain K Rool...
How much are you willing to bet we'll get a K Roolstein alt? Or maybe Krusha K Rool? Or hell, the Paon design would be an interesting alt.
i dont know if anyone notice YET.
But...K.ROOL dont have alternate PIRATE Costume..
in fact...he put the hat when he use the blunder gun.
and remove it after the move... go see there
https://youtu.be/pKcXgSV8PTE?t=7s

Last edited:

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
I would imagine the pirate outfit had to go when they decided to use the crown throw in the moveset. It would look kinda wonky throwing a pirate hat with the hitbox of a crown. K Rool putting on the hat when he uses his blunderbuss is probably a bit of compensation.

Last edited:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
It's been about 12 hours since I found out King K. Rool was in Smash, and I still can't believe it. I still can't believe Ridley is in Smash, and that was months ago now. It's amazing. When this game was announced way back in March, I thought Ridley didn't have a chance and K. Rool, while likely, faced plenty of struggles. And now they're both in, after a decade or more of waiting for some people. It's a wonderful sight.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
My mistake, I must not have looked closely enough...

Still, hoping for his Roolstein getup or the boxing outfit, it'd be a shame if we didn't get those

Last edited:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Man the music in the trailer has me hooked! I've watched it too many times to count!

I hope it shows up on the website, cause I really dig the remix. Makes the trailer more silly, and therefore epic, in my eyes.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Man, this is awesome. I haven't been on the forums in like 2 years ever since the ballot ended but I've always been a huge supporter of the King. He's exactly how I imagined he was gonna be. Congrats to this entire thread for getting that big croc into Smash.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
I would imagine the pirate outfit had to go when they decided to use the crown throw in the moveset. It would like kinda wonky throwing a pirate hat with the hitbox of a crown. K Rool putting on the hat when he uses his blunderbuss is probably a bit of compensation.
I feel like they could have made a Kaptain K. Rool outfit that just had the Krown instead of the hat. Sure, it would have been a little weird to have Kaptain K. Rool wearing the Krown, but the pirate hat would pop up whenever he uses his blunderbuss (And the blunderbuss complete's the Kaptain's look anyhow) so I think that that would have been reasonable.

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
If you watch the last 7 seconds he has his most famous "Fake out".

When K. Rool holds down he "Fakes faint, or being knocked out" but he can actually crawl away.

Which means you can also attack from the "Fallen" phase.

Insane.

StormC

Smash Hero
A plausible suggestion I read is alt costumes were ruled out because of difficulty animating them with the crawling animation.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Whoo hahahaha! Congrats to us K.Rool fans, that trailer was one of the best ones I've seen yet! So glad we finally made it! His moveset is just so perfect, it captures all of his different personas in one neat package too!

By the by, be sure to go over to the Dixie thread and cheer them on, she's not out of the race yet so we need to show some comrade spirit here.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Oh nice the klump and krusha alts being in the same picture is like 100% a reference to the cartoon

Top Bottom