• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Both Ridley and K. Rool seem quite beat up from their various tangles with do gooders.

It's subtle, but there are scars and tears in K. Rool's skin.
Reminds me a lot of Smash 3DS / Wii U Ganondorf, as his cape has also taken a good amount of damage.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I really like that Simon was obviously supposed to be the super big deal character since he's third party, but K. Rool's trailer has a substantially larger amount of views
But he's totally irrelevant right

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Dreams.. Dreams do come true fellow Kutthroats. K. Rool looks fierce and his design looks absolutely beastly. And his moveset is amazing. We did it fellow Kutthroats. We finally did it. I'm so proud to be a Kutthroat!!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I really like that Simon was obviously supposed to be the super big deal character since he's third party, but K. Rool's trailer has a substantially larger amount of views
Oh they *absolutely* knew what they were doing! I was honestly really surprised when Simon's trailer was first. And then it all made sense right at the end.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
So what do you guys suppose his Boxing Ring title could be? It'll most likely be "The Kremling King," but anyone have any ideas for a more interesting title?

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So what do you guys suppose his Boxing Ring title could be? It'll most likely be "The Kremling King," but anyone have any ideas for a more interesting title?
His boxing title can't be anything other than King Krusha K. Rool.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
His final smash is amazing, although it feels like K Rool just hits them with his Lunge to destroy DK Isle for fun afterwards
Free PTSD for all Kongs! To think they actually went and dared to confirm every kid's childhood nightmare from that game over sequence.

I will say that I'm glad that my expectation for the third-party to be the last thing shown was turned completely on its head.

StormC

Smash Hero
I mean, I would have predicted the other way around. But K. Rool was arguably the most popular Nintendo newcomer on the ballot, so saving him for last made sense. They knew what they were doing. Especially with that moment of tension with DK/Diddy in the item section.

Those magnificent ********.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
You know, I was with the kutthroats a long time ago, on a different account (forgot its name...and password) and let me just say what a joy it is that K. Rool is finally here. At long last, the fat villain squad has its final member, and all is right in Smash.

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
I hope we get an interview with Sakurai about K Rool like we did with Ridely after he was revealed. I'm almost certain that the ballot was a huge factor but it would be nice to hear Sakurai's thoughts on K Rool. Also it's really nice to see some pro smash players like Nairo, Ally, and ZeRo hyped about K Rool's inclusion

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I don't know if this has been brought up, but I love the fact the King's kape is ragged. It's almost like he's lost everything, and has been in hiding since. Said absence has made him even more insane, to the point he acts more beastly, note his running animation.

ReclaimerGX

Smash Rookie
Finally seeing Ridley and King K. Rool finally joining smash is a dream come true. We did it, boys.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Bowser vs Bowser Jr vs Ganondorf vs Ridley vs Dark Samus vs King K Rool...add in someone like Medusa or Eggman and we can have a Villians War

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Admittedly, I thought the shaking of the screen towards the end of the Nintendo Direct was for Isaac, but after seeing the villains vs heroes, I felt that K. Rool had to be on his way. The way they revealed him was great too, especially with the fake-out from Dedede, and I'm looking forward to hearing that full Gangplank Galleon remix.

Either way, I know I sort of wanted to stop wanting K. Rool after that whole incident with the Ballot and Corrin in Smash 4, but after last night, I couldn't be any happier, both for you guys and me. He's got the blunderbuss, the crown toss, the jetpack and all around looks like a fun addition to the cast.

Kongratulations, Kutthroats. You've deserved this victory today.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I won’t main KKR, but I’ll enjoy the ever loving **** out of him

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Bowser vs Bowser Jr vs Ganondorf vs Ridley vs Dark Samus vs King K Rool...add in someone like Medusa or Eggman and we can have a Villians War
Just count Wolf and Mewtwo (He was the villain for Pokemon the First Movie)

Also, Ultimate's Version of Gangplank Galleon absolutely destroys Brawl's from the little heard, imo.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations on your win guys! I've always would have liked the king to be in Smash, but I was never truly dedicated to his inclusion the way you guys were. I salute you all for your tenacity and refusal to give up no matter the odds!

I keep replaying that final moment of his trailer over and over again. The music is perfect and the anime punch collision they did, the one that by anime-law you're only supposed to do with your destined rival really hammered in the point that despite being out of the main games for almost two decades, he is still the one true villain of the DK series, just an incredible trailer all around and a really fun character to play with!

Last edited:

Noventiaa

Smash Cadet
KKR looks like he'll be one of those "dumb fun" characters for me, like how bowser was in smash 4. Congrats on all of you that stuck with him until now.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I waited most of the day till everything calmed down before I'd post today. I couldn't even type a word on my phone after the reveal Smashboards lagged so bad on my phone.. this morning i watched the direct live and man... I'll never forget it. I had said a few days ago that I would get emotional and I certainly did as soon as I saw the villain Montage and it cut to DKs hut my eyes welled up and I just said "No way.." which got progressively louder as the trailer went on. The DDD fake out was funny and then he slapped him aside and I freaked out. I lost my voice... and I absolutely cried a little. We friggin did it. ..

I don't know if this has been brought up, but I love the fact the King's kape is ragged. It's almost like he's lost everything, and has been in hiding since. Said absence has made him even more insane, to the point he acts more beastly, note his running animation.
I was surprised at how feral he was in the trailer to be honest, I don't mind. He still has those regal qualities and snobby mannerisms that can be seen. Excited to see what else he can do in the lead up to release.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
csacacawcwqvwe.PNG

I just realized that this part from the trailer must be his entrance animation, since he's in the pose while in midair, so I don't think it's a taunt. I really like it, it's a callback to his entrance in DKC1 where he falls from the sky, while adding a bit of characteristic flair in, very good stuff.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just count Wolf and Mewtwo (He was the villain for Pokemon the First Movie)

Also, Ultimate's Version of Gangplank Galleon absolutely destroys Brawl's from the little heard, imo.
Can’t believe I forgot Wolf (and Mewtwo somewhat). They work also

OhMyBanana54

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1628-5145-3801
I’m so happy the king has graced us! Now we need to hope that he’s good

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Man, this direct did everything for me. Started out with an amazing trailer for SIMON F***KING BELMONT, a stunning Dracula's Castle stage with appearances from The Man himself and a killer music selection, three sweet new Echos (including Chrom, my most wanted Echo), Fountain of Dreams is finally back, Brinstar Depths is finally back, actual Classic Mode is back, with variants for each character, Squad looks awesome, Killing Edge and Death's Scythe as new items, Alucard and freaking Shovel Knight as assist trophies, and they top it off with King K. Rool.

They confirmed 2 of my top 3 post-E3 most wanted in one direct. Come on, Dixie! Let's make it 3-3!
Seeing K. Rool finally make it in made me cry tears of joy.
Like, I literally don't know how anyone could ever top this game. They shouldn't even bother trying.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I died of a heart attack on August 8th at around 9:29 AM
I hope you're all proud of yourselves.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
It's so weird to seeing this thread in the character discussion section instead of newcomer speculation. It's gonna take a while to get used to!

AnothenBlue

Smash Cadet
We made it! He's actually here! It's almost hard to believe, but we've reached our goal! And it took us how many years? Not that it really matters now, but it's been a long ride...
The speculation will be very different from now on...that is, if Smash won't just end for a few decades.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I thought this was a nice touch:View attachment 156447
You know, it's been suggested a LOT on this thread that our previous lack of DK content was because Sakurai hated the franchise. That was the easiest way a lot of us found to justify his absence.

This said I just don't think it's true. Between this and the meticulous care that's gone into both his redesign and his moveset, it's clear a lot of love was put in. We all owe Sakurai an apology and a massive thank you.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am still in awe honestly. Guess this is what fan-service really is... He even listened to many of the moveset suggestions I see. Even if they seem somewhat obvious. In a way, his moveset is quite straight forward, and not too complex. I don't think K.Rool would be a character hard to master. And that's fine. Ironic how he and Ridley seem the most savage and beastly on the roster, and being the most popular suggestions. Sakurai clearly played with this, as their Final Smash attacks are quite damn similar. Love how they used the Rare version of DK Island as well.

But if I have to be honest. Just K.Rool alone won't cut it for me. I really want to see Dixie enter as a newcomer as well. And seeing how Chrom is a Roy Echo, but borrows Ike's Up B, there's hope for Dixie to be a "Echo" with unique properties as well. Things don't look too bad now. They could copy DK's Up B with more horizontal recovery distance, DK's Forward Throw mechanics, DK's Down B with a Hair Slam and the rest having Diddy's moveset, and there's a low budget Dixie that could work. Funky seems even like far less effort to Echo from DK. I say as a DKC loving community, we support these ideas as well.

Top Bottom