• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Isn't that the Galaga Medley? That was posted on the website over a week ago. Not sure what significance this has.
It is. But the name is different. It's a mistake someone at Nintendo made likely getting ready to add the actual song after tomorrows Direct. This likely confirms that Simon Belmont is happening and Vergeben's info is likely legit. Thankfully that doesn't include that DK stuff from before.

Last edited:

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
Looks like Simon's happening tomorrow. Look at that insane botch by the official YT page

Juuuuuust gonna lower my expectations just in case....

Last edited:

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
I'm actually surprised it hasn't been fixed yet. Just remember that we can always have more than one newcomer revealed tomorrow and even if we don't see K. Rool it doesn't mean he isn't coming

Edit: Aaaannnddd it was fixed right as I posted

Last edited:

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893
How did you actually find that video? When I try to go to the Smash Bros YouTube page it just takes me to the Nintendo page (which doesn't have that video), and when I search for "Bloody Tears Monster Dance" it doesn't come up. (Interestingly, though, a video titled Super Smash Bros Ultimate OST - Bloody Tears / Monster Dance [No SFX]Nintendo Switch HD DOES come up, and it, too, is just the Galaga Medley. Something odd is going on here...)

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
Alright, gonna sleep through the Direct. There might be another reveal, might not. The King's chances have not changed at all, so all is well as far as I am concerned.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, the King is probably safe for now. Revealing him right after Ridley would be awkward.

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893
Here's another video of the Galaga Medley that's had its title changed to Bloody Tears / Monster Dance. Is everyone that posted the Galaga Medley just changing the title of their videos to match the Nintendo screw-up?

SilentSentinel

Smash Apprentice
If K rool is in I imagine him taking the Shulk spot and being the last trailer shown before release, but that's just me.

I didnt expect him this time even before the leak and him not being here does nothing to make me doubt his eventual inclusion.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Oof, I look away for two hours and then all this drops.

Simon is all but confirmed then. Pretty disappointing that it got revealed in such a way, but at least it will now temper our expectations for tomorrow. This also shoots the chances of Isabelle and (probably) Incineroar way up. None of the three are characters I personally want but I don't have strong objections to any of them (though I hope Isabelle is an Echo).

There's still a chance, albeit small, that there's 2 reveals, and one of them isn't Simon, but now I don't see that happening. Still, very thankful that "no DK reps" source seems to be false. Chances are K. Rool will not have his day today but I won't be giving up hope until he's confirmed one way or the other.

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
Man well this really killed my hype. Guess I wont have to worry miss anything tomorrow during work.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Man, Sakurai has to be p*ssed over this news. Still hype for the direct, but jeez, I despise leaks.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Just read up on all the hoopla about the music

Well goddamnit. Why does it always have to be the boring Smash leaks that have to have some credence to them? :(

D

Deleted member

Dang, go to do something then this all drops.

King K. Rool still has a good chance I still believe, though if not it's been a good run, onto the next Smas? Ether way his chances are good.

If Simon Belmont is in I welcome him with open arms. Should be fun

Grolem11

Smash Rookie
Even if K. Rool isn’t revealed tomorrow, it’s still far from over. We still have 4 months left until release. There’s more directs and announcements to come. Doesn’t surprise me at all that Simon will be revealed tomorrow. I think it’s more likely that K. Rool will be revealed last. It would make more sense although I don’t want to wait that long. They started off big with Ridley and I think they may end it big with K. Rool. Who knows though....maybe we can more than just 1 character reveal tomorrow?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Nothing against Simon. I'm just tired of the King missing every single game. I don't want to wait till the hypothetical next Smash. I've had it. :p The series started almost 20 years ago!

Klimax

Smash Ace
To be honest, i'll be fine with nearly every character's reveal... except Simon Belmont. His Castlevania Chronicles' design is good but to be honest, his design from the one on NES seems just too much outdated, it has too much of that 80's style.

But hey, if he has Chronicles' design (or some update cool new design) + a good moveset, no problem for me.

Stil, i think that we're not going to have him today. I think more about Incineroar & Ashley as newcomers and Shadow as echo fighter.

But a King K Rool/Dixie trailer would be so amazing. I would never ask for anything again if we get this haha

Last edited:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I don't blame the fans for wanting their characters in the game. We're on such a boat.

I blame questionable decisions (regarding Donkey Kong especially)

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
This whole situation makes you realize how quickly the surprise can be killed. If Simon is revealed tomorrow and Vergeben really did get inside information, then it would seem that he gets character reveals in order, so we'll know when K. Rool is going to be revealed.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
But Vergeben didn't even speak of K. Rool or say if he's even in at all. I want to believe he is, but.....

HELL I hate leaks.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
But Vergeben didn't even speak of K. Rool or say if he's even in at all. I want to believe he is, but.....

HELL I hate leaks.
Well, I don't want to live in a world where King K. Rool isn't in this game and I hope I won't have to, so I really can't imagine anything besides the best case scenario for him. Though I'd hate for him to be leaked.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
You guys are aware that there was a "leak" from June that said that Simon would be revealed and that his stage would be Draculas castle with Blood tears as the music. In this leak he said that K. Rool, Dixie, and bandana dee were characters also.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Barring complete deconfirmation as AT/hazard/costume tomorrow, K. Rool's chances have not changed. Tomorrow's reveal being Simon might sting a bit short-term, and we might even end up getting Isabelle and Incineroar after. But all it would really mean is that we'd be back on the waiting train and hoping the next reveal is our time.

Assuming we get Simon tomorrow, Verg is going to be treated as the new gospel - hopefully that power doesn't go to his head lol. We'll just have to see how things play out.

Also, real talk, I would gladly take a K. Rool leak if it happened. While it would obviously be more hype to find out about him in a trailer, just knowing he's in the game would make any spoiled surprise worth it.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I know that no matter what, some people will not be satisfied. I'm hard to satisfy for Smash games lately. I got burned for Brawl as a Lip supporter, then Smash 4 even after making my expectations more realistic. I don't know what to hope for anymore, is all.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, don't flip out over nothing guys.

K.Rool was never going to be the next character revealed anyways. I really doubt they'd reveal two villains right after another.

Besides, Simon doesn't mean anything regarding K.Rool's chances now that Verge has said he doesn't buy the no DK characters thing.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Whatever happens in the morning, whether K. Rool and Dixie get announced or not, their chances will not change either way. Though I find Simon to be an interesting pick, if this is true from the rumors that are speculating.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Yeah, I heard about that. Apparently his credibility is questionable at best and maybe not even a leaker.

Top Bottom