• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Simon seems to be really in, huh? Amazing! Love the news, although the reveal during the direct would have been more hype.

Anyway, we still do not really know the rest of the direct‘s content, so chill.

The King‘s not out, yet

„Saved by the bell!“

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
The Direct leaked seemingly read at your own risk of being spoiled

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/421441832900100097/476592467744129024/image.jpg

I got the link off Reddit hopefully it works. Apparently Pirate Ship is back so if Gangplank Galleon is a stage it's going to have to be different...
I think it's fake because there's no new mode or adventure mode or anything in there to really hook people on the game. It's all just returning modes.

Time for the best old friends to reunite once again....

D

Deleted member

If the news is true, and I'm not going to believe till we know for sure. He still has a chance.

This will be the first time I've questioned Sakurai, 3 games, popular fan demand, and a unique Moveset from the original games to take inspiration from. How does that not warrant him not being able to be in? King K. Rool practically was made for Super Smash Bros. Seriously wonder what this man is thinking at this point. Does he just not care? is it really bias? Does he just hate Donkey Kong Country Come on Sakurai what's up ?

I'm sorry guys not venting but honestly this is just confusing, I'm happy about the games, I know he's working hard, but man kind of sucks if the King's ousted again.

Well I'm not down I still believe till then I hope King K. Rool is in, I will keep on hoping.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
If the news is true, and I'm not going to believe till we know for sure. He still has a chance.

This will be the first time I've questioned Sakurai, 3 games, popular fan demand, and a unique Moveset from the original games to take inspiration from. How does that not warrant him not being able to be in? King K. Rool practically was made for Super Smash Bros. Seriously wonder what this man is thinking at this point. Does he just not care? is it really bias? Does he just hate Donkey Kong Country Come on Sakurai what's up ?

I'm sorry guys not venting but honestly this is just confusing, I'm happy about the games, I know he's working hard, but man kind of sucks if the King's ousted again.

Well I'm not down I still believe till then I hope King K. Rool is in, I will keep on hoping.
While I DO think Sakurai has a CLEAR bias towards the DK franchise and people just won't admit it. Maybe not bias but maybe just uneducated. I always felt Sakurai played like the first DKC game and that was it. He got the trophy descriptions from employees working on Smash. We still have 4 months before the game releases. I wouldn't call doom and gloom yet. That being said if he isn't in again. I'm not holding out for DLC. I'm done I'm getting off of this train after years of K.Rool being a possible candidate for Smash and STILL not in. I will take a hint/clue and say he will NEVER be in Smash Bros.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
So it's gonna be Simon, isn't it... At this point, any other character aside from K. Rool or Banjo-Kazooie is just another thorn in my heart, but so be it apparently. x_x

Draugen

Smash Apprentice
Even though I never even considered Simon Belmont for Smash until Vergeben's leak, I believe it will be a nice addition to the roster. Castlevania has roots on Nintendo's history. He could bring another awesome stage and music (blood tears is fantastic).
But I get how you are all feeling. The ideal newcomer to me is K. Rool no doubt. Let's see today, but his chances are still high, even if we don't see any news about him today. There are still 4 months to go!

Untouch

Smash Master
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Vergeben is just a messenger, leakers give him the info and he presents it. He has several sources. If what people know is correct, so far only one of his sources has been correct.

1. Snake, Ridley, Ice Climbers and Simon
2. Isabelle
3. Incineroar
4. No DK Characters (even he has said he doesn't believe this one)

You can't really guarantee anything at this point.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Just a direct guys, one that hasn't even been shown yet, I do agree though that any character not K. Rool is salt-inducing lol. As someone questioning "where's krool???" since melee.

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
this is beyond torture..

K Rool is starting to feel like a dream that will never come a reality :/

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
K Rool is starting to feel like a dream that will never come a reality :/
Let's not give up no matter what happens. Look how long it took Ridley to get in and how unlikely it looked from his role as Pyrosphere stage boss yet here he is. King K.Rool and other long requested characters like Isaac will only become impossible when we give up

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Isn't that the Galaga Medley? That was posted on the website over a week ago. Not sure what significance this has.
Look again

The songs called bloody tears/monster dance

Simon is character 66/67
The Direct leaked seemingly read at your own risk of being spoiled

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/421441832900100097/476592467744129024/image.jpg

I got the link off Reddit hopefully it works. Apparently Pirate Ship is back so if Gangplank Galleon is a stage it's going to have to be different...
The only thing iffy is the fan item

Because that's a spam troll item that's was in the brawl era removed for those reasons

But really simon part is safe bet guess for today's direct though

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Even if we got Belmont today it's only Belmont. Could be more characters today or even not Simon at all because I don't know. Today we fight, and at least till December!

AIM0001

Smash Lord
This may not be the great King K. Rool’s direct bois.....BUT luckily this isn’t the only time we are getting new character reveals. It doesn’t make sense to leave him out for what seems to be the final smash before the inevitable “reboot”. We will let our voices be heard atleast for DLC if he’s not in the base game which is robbery in itself. #NowOrNever

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
remember we will get a nintendo direct in september. im sure its a great time to reveal a big nintendo character

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well: hopefully, this will be K. Rool's time, but if not, I hope he lives another day. I'll see you all on the other side!

Grolem11

Smash Rookie
I believe we will get atleast 1 or 2 more nintendo directs after this. So don't lose hope yet guys. It's far from over.

Untouch

Smash Master
Well vergeben's leaks outside of the first 3 are dead now, that gives more hope.

Untouch

Smash Master
Pirate ship still isn't it.
I have a good feeling about this.
edit: nevermind lol

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
PIRATE SHIP IS MISSING, REPEAT PIRATE SHIP IS MISSING! GANGPLANK GALLEON CONFIRMED!?!?

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
Honestly even if K. Rool isn't going to be in this, Ultimate is going to be amazing regardless I think we can all on agree that.

Untouch

Smash Master
god starting off with diddy and DK almost killed me there sakurai knew what he was doing

klaptrap is an AT
I am 100% convinced K rool is playable
this is happening
this is ****ing happening

Top Bottom