• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Wambo

Smash Ace
Hey all! Just wanted to pop in on this thread and wish all of you luck for tomorrow. As someone who grew up with the original DKC trilogy and DK64, I also really wanna see K.Rool make it in, and I'll be equally devastated if he doesn't.
It's reassuring that Loz is calling his information BS. If Verg really had reliable info, why would he need to ask Loz for information on the Direct?
I'm starting to wonder if this is Verge's system for climbing the leak ladder: "PM another guy who has gotten something right, and if he gives any other information, just piggyback off of it so you continue to look legit."

I mean, look at what Verge did. He told Loz about two "new characters": Isabelle and Incineroar. This could've been an attempt at getting Loz comfortable enough to cough up any information he had about characters Verge didn't know about, if Loz had that information.

Untouch

Smash Master
I stopped believing Vergeben when viewtiful joe 3 and castlevania collection weren't announced.
Loz knew a direct was happening, Vergeben didn't, which means his source would need to have access to the whole game, but he missed Daisy and the rest of the veterans? I just find it hard to believe this much info was missed, info Loz got right.

Machete

Smash Ace
Did Loz mention K. Rool or not?
He said he does not know any more newcomers, but finds bull**** the whole no K.Rool thing. However, unlike Vergeben, Loz has been pretty open about the fact he doesn't have any more information to share. But he did mention he had heard of a "Heroes vs villains" theme that could hint at K.Rool, but it was his own speculation

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Loz mentioned K Rool as a possible character when he talked about the Heroes Vs. Villains concept for one of the modes, but that's it.

Honestly, if we get no DK reps at all, I'm probably going to boycott the game. I am tired of Nintendo's handling of the DK franchise. Not just in Smash Bros, but in Mario Kart too. It wouldn't shock me if they end up taking out Diddy in Smash 6.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
There's a lot of competition out of the way for the king this time around which explains why he has a more notable presence in demand this time around. Here's hoping after all this time Isaac and K.Rool get their time to shine

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I have a hard time believing that K. Rool or Dixie would both be passed over like that especially after the ballot.. I can't see that happening and if it did I would be floored. At the same time it would figure that would happen to the one character I really want in Smash.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
If we get no DK newcomers, I'm cancelling my preorder. **** it., I'm fed up of being burned. I'll get Ultimate later at a discounted price. I am also tired of the lack of reps in this game. DK and Diddy are no longer enough. K. Rool is to DK what Bowser is to Mario. Even Ganondorf got in FFS. What irked me in Smash 4 is we got ****ing DARK PIT before K. Rool. We got CORRIN before K. Rool. Need I go on.

Also, if the Goku idiots get their character before K. Rool? I'm done.

I may be overreacting in this case. But I really am fed up.

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893
Hey all! Just wanted to pop in on this thread and wish all of you luck for tomorrow. As someone who grew up with the original DKC trilogy and DK64, I also really wanna see K.Rool make it in, and I'll be equally devastated if he doesn't.

I'm starting to wonder if this is Verge's system for climbing the leak ladder: "PM another guy who has gotten something right, and if he gives any other information, just piggyback off of it so you continue to look legit."

I mean, look at what Verge did. He told Loz about two "new characters": Isabelle and Incineroar. This could've been an attempt at getting Loz comfortable enough to cough up any information he had about characters Verge didn't know about, if Loz had that information.
Thanks for the support! Even if you're only here for a quick visit, consider yourself One of Us!

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I honestly have no idea what to except tomorrow which is putting me on the edge of my seat!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok vergeben blew it if he saids no new Dk rep in base roster

That's my tipping point of saying I think he's full of it

All of vergeben leaks on smash all safe bets

Simon became a safe bet the moment I saw bomberman and he probably got quite a few votes in the ballot

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I haven't posted much in the K. Rool support thread this game (I posted after the game was revealed, don't have as much time as I did back in the Smash 4 days), but I don't believe there's anything to indicate K. Rool will be revealed in this Direct. Sakurai's red eye tweet was most likely a reference to the late time of the Direct for Japan. That said, there's also nothing concrete against him right now. I'm personally not expecting him tomorrow (would love to be proven wrong), but still think he has a good shot of being in the game.

On the topic of the Vergeben leak, the guy did get some stuff right (Ridley, Snake), but he's gotten a lot of things wrong for other games. We're kind of at a wait and see moment right now. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Machete

Smash Ace
What is the 'loz' leak? I don't think I've heard that one yet.
Loz said no cuts, Ridley, Daisy, Ocarina Ganon, ALTTP Zelda and a bunch of other stuff before anyone else, since he apparently knew some organizer. He also said the August Direct was happening. However, he is rather open about only knowing a bunch of people and not having much more info than anyone else.

And to clarify the Vergeben situation. He got the "no new DK" information from a guy named Lupensko, who apparenly has some similar sources to him (and he was saying Ridley, Daisy and Simon Belmont were all in on GameFAQs before Vergeben said a thing). Lupensko told Vergeben there was no more DK characters, and Vergeben contacted Loz to confirm this, with Loz saying he doesn't believe it but doesn't know. But right now Vergeben is saying on GameFAQs that Lupensko might be full of ****.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76878406?page=15

So yeah. Things seem to get complicated.

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
Man I dont doubt people are pretty tight tonight. This is the first time in a smash direct where I have no clue who could show up. Even in smash 4 I had a decent concept of who I could possibly expect. But after the whole "dont expect too many newcomers" everyone is in full panic mode.

It doesnt help that while the Ridley and K.Rool have always been compared as smash bros brothers from being snubbed so often, Ridley still tended to get the better deal. He was in the background of the first metroid stage, then he got a spot in the opening Melee cutscene, then he became a boss in brawl, jumped onto stage hazard patrol in 4, and finally he has become playable. But K.Rool has always been designated as just a little trophy, only having his theme and some minons to show for all his hard work.

For the most part, I would try to ignore leaks and at least try to focus on the fact that even if K.rool doesnt get in tomorrow, there is always hope for later, or even DLC. We can only hope that the east and west polls give Sakurai all the inspiration he needs to make his pitiful trophy status into full playable smasher status in one single bound.

My hopes are for K.Rool and Dixie tommorrow. If not, i'de like to see Bandana Dee (or something from kirby) or Geno. If it ends up being Ashley, I will be fine with that, but still nervous as all hell for the true K.Rool goal in my heart.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like Lupensko isn't even a leaker. No credibility. I'm not concerned anymore.

Keep in mind, Diddy lost his tail moves. I believe this is because we're getting Dixie. We're at the very least getting one DKC character.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE. One moment I'm convinced K Rool and Dixie are in, then new "info" comes up and I do a complete 180 and I'm depressed as hell. Hopefully K. Rool gets announced tomorrow and I can move on with my life.

Okay, I'm signing off until the Direct. GOOD LUCK ALL!

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
I don't have any one character that I desperately want to see in the game, anymore. After Ridley, I don't know what else I'd really want.

This said, it would be an injustice if the King doesn't make his debut in this game. Here's hoping for a good direct, bois

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
I'm here to support you guys, you need a win like the Ridley fans did, and I can neve pass up a good villain. Dont lose hope yet!

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
You know, now I'm hoping K. Rool is revealed tomorrow. Not just for the safety and satisfaction of having my most-wanted in the game.

But the salt of the tears of the K. Rool haters will taste delicious in my cherry Pepsi <3
I would also enjoy that because I eat 90% healthy and nothing tastes good.

If K. Rool gets announced, and he somehow has all his attires from the DKC trilogy, which one will you be playing the most. Kaptain for me all the way.
I'd probably play as the Kaptain the most, but I'd definetly play my first match with him as the boxer on Boxing Ring.

Loz mentioned K Rool as a possible character when he talked about the Heroes Vs. Villains concept for one of the modes, but that's it.

Honestly, if we get no DK reps at all, I'm probably going to boycott the game. I am tired of Nintendo's handling of the DK franchise. Not just in Smash Bros, but in Mario Kart too. It wouldn't shock me if they end up taking out Diddy in Smash 6.
As long as I get someone in my signature, I'll buy it. Otherwise, it may be a pass for me.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
It really sounds like the info is bull. Even the Verg guy doesn't believe it. The person he got the info from got it off of 4Chan like all the rest of us. I don't think there's anything to worry about in that regard.. if the Verg guy says it's from someone who's bull and so does the Loz fella I think it's a safe bet that it's got no ground to stand on. Rools chances have remained the same..

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Honestly it kind of sounds like Verg and Loz don't want to believe it rather than having any evidence it's true or not

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Honestly it kind of sounds like Verg and Loz don't want to believe it rather than having any evidence it's true or not
Right but the info was given to Verg by some guy who says fake stuf and took his info from a random 4chan post. So really were in no different a situation than we were before, we're not getting a decomfirmation through a leaker with actual insider info

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
K. Rool and Dixie are back on ya'll

Thank god K. Rool still has a chance. With this being the Ultimate Smash, it would be weird for him not to be in it. I feel the same way about Geno, though there is licencing issues with him that they have to get through.

At this point, I'm predicting Isabelle (Echo), Simon Belmont, Incineroar, Elma, Geno and K. Rool being remaining unannounced newcomers.

I wish I could add Dixie Kong and Banjo-Kazooie to that list but oh well.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
well now we can all lower our expectations since it's very likely the direct won't have k rool
but remember, if this does prove vergeben right, a different source gave him information about DK characters

Top Bottom