• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yooo, this "red eyes" is getting me just a little bit hyped - not gonna lie, but more likely than not he's really just talking about himself since he's probably hard at work and I guess might not have too much sleep and quite some stress at this time.

I also doubt he'd spoil it like that tbh.

But who knows..

Last edited:

CrownedCroc

Smash Rookie
1. Hint: E3 Direct:

2. Hint: Twitter

There won't be a King K Rool reveal on the 8th.
Third time's a charm. Expect another hint and then a reveal shortly before release :)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
honestly, if they announce a character nobody asked for i'm going to be upset.
I mean, just considering how many character support threads there are on this site alone, I imagine that'll be hard to do.

On the other hand, Wii Fit Trainer was literally that.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Depends if you care about Isabelle or not, she's probably happening. There's also a new pokemon rep but I hope the pokemon isn't revealed now, it'll be anti-climatic to see a new pokemon rep now over a new established character.

I think the strongest chance to be revealed now is Ashley due to Wario Ware Gold, or maybe Simon Belmont because third party characters are hyped up for promotion ahead of time. The only other ones I of course want most is Dixie, K. Rool and Captain Toad, so who knows. I'm also not sure if Geno is as likely as people think, there's always Square possibly not wanting him in over their own established characters.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I think Ashley has good chances of being revealed along with Isabelle. I can see both of them getting in. We have yet to see any new third party character so I could see one being added, but I have no idea who that would be. It's possible that Dixie could get shown as an echo if Sakurai talks about echos.

As I said earlier, I think it's too soon after Ridley to reveal a popular character like K Rool. If he's in, I expect him to be revealed last.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I honestly expect Isabelle to be an echo if she gets in, so I don't think she'll take the newcomer reveal away from another. She'll be revealed the same way Daisy was next to Ridley.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I honestly expect Isabelle to be an echo if she gets in, so I don't think she'll take the newcomer reveal away from another. She'll be revealed the same way Daisy was next to Ridley.
My thoughts exactly. If she's in, I'm convinced she'll be an echo.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Meanwhile I'm convinced Isabelle won't be an echo.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Who is to say that we wont be getting 2 original newcomers and one echo?

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I never understood the Wii Fit Trainer hate. She represents a certain era for Nintendo’s history

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I never understood the Wii Fit Trainer hate. She represents a certain era for Nintendo’s history
Oh, I don't hate her. I was just saying that even Sakurai said no one asked for her. :p

Eldrake

Smash Lord
My guess is two newcomers and one echo. The former announced at the beginning and the ending of the direct, and the latter announced in the middle of the direct.

cybersai

Smash Ace
The only way I can see two newcomers is Dixie and K. Rool being announced together. But most series don't have two newcomers requested, and I can't see two separate reveal trailers in the same direct.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I want him in as much as everyone, but let's please not look between the lines of Sakurai mentioning his eyes being strained. Not only is it likely getting our hopes up falsely, it's also just disrespectful to the man.

But I agree, if they both are in the game though, that it only makes sense that Dixie + K. Rool are announced together. Although, we've only had that before with Robin/Lucina where Lucina was a clone, so I think that's far more likely if Dixie ends up being an Echo or semi-clone.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Sakurai is my uncle's grandfather's father and he told them to tell me that Xananab is the character set to be revealed on the 8th. He tells me Sakurai couldn't decide between Dixie or K.Rool so he added Xananab as this games DK rep to please fans of both. He then went on to say "Never ask me for anything again, but please understand!"

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Unless the rest of the roster is hardcore heavy hitters - K. Rool, Geno, Simon Belmont, Banjo, Isaac - I think it is natural there is a "wind down" reveal after Ridley. Ashley would make sense with that, as she's fairly popular but not totally unexpected or a pipe dream. If we follow the idea that K. Rool has to follow Ridley so as to not let the hype decrease, then where do you go from K. Rool? Diminishing returns are inevitable, which is why I expect them to pace out the "big" reveals, especially with how few they have left.

Let's just enjoy the news we get. The only reason we should be worried is the (small) chance of an Assist deconfirmation.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, assuming that red eye thing Sakurai brought up isn’t about a new character, how likely do you guys think he will actually have red eyes during the Direct?

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I dont know guys, the red eyes tweet soundsexactly like k Rool! He is the only character that I can think of! Has a blood shot eye and looks like he's always tired. My hype level just went up a level!

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I dont know guys, the red eyes tweet soundsexactly like k Rool! He is the only character that I can think of! Has a blood shot eye and looks like he's always tired. My hype level just went up a level!
Ashley has red eyes.

But honestly, I think people are reading too much into it. He's simply saying that he's tired.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Guys Sakurai isn't hinting at anyone he's just reminding us he's putting his all into this game like he always does. I know analyzing every tiny detail of what he says is a part of speculation but thinking this is a teaser is looking to deeply into things. Even if K Rool is revealed on the 8th it will have nothing to do with that tweet.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Ashley has red eyes.

But honestly, I think people are reading too much into it. He's simply saying that he's tired.
I think you need to read it again. Sakurai said "My eyes might appear a little red". Ashley's eyes are Red completely. They are not just A little red. They are red completely. Plus she doesn't even look like she's tired at all. K rool is the only one that does

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
As many of you have said, I don't expect K. Rool in this, but I do expect a character like Ashley or Heihachi
Say, assuming that red eye thing Sakurai brought up isn’t about a new character, how likely do you guys think he will actually have red eyes during the Direct?
Depends on how cheap weed is in Japan.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:

I am just stopping by to say that I DO believe K. Rool (and an Echo) is bound to the coming direct, and it has nothing to do with Sakurai's possible hints (of which I only found out about just now). . . I cannot explain it but this time more than ever, across any SSB game prior, I feel it in my gut. . . My very soul quivers as I type this out to you all, and if I am lead to disappointment because of this, then so be it, because I will bounce right back with these prophetic emotions at the very next character reveal.

. . . Here is one to the King!

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think you need to read it again. Sakurai said "My eyes might appear a little red". Ashley's eyes are Red completely. They are not just A little red. They are red completely. Plus she doesn't even look like she's tired at all. K rool is the only one that does
Guy just said he's slaving himself.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not everything he says is a character hint. The poor guy's just tired.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, it could mean he is really tired. Not expecting what he said to mean a new character, my last post was a what if scenario. Nothing more.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I would otherwise think that King K. Rool has no shot of being revealed on Wednesday for reasons stated above (so quickly off the heels of Ridley). However, what makes me think there could be a chance is that this a Smash specific direct, which makes me personally feel that it has the potential to do a big-time character reveal like King K. Rool. If this was just some ordinary Nintendo direct, I would expect a so-so announcement. But I think because this is catered to Smash and Smash alone means there's a chance they're really going to want to make this a slam dunk.

I could be completely wrong though, and most likely am. The only thing I'm hoping we don't see is that dreadful Mii costume or him as an assist trophy or stage hazard (stage hazard is so unlikely, but you never know). Regardless, I'm excited to see what comes out of this direct.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
So, who you expecting to be revealed on Wednesday?
Probably Ashley. It's the week of Wario Ware Gold's release, this direct is aimed at Japanese audiences due to the time, and Ashley is popular there. Besides maybe Simon Belmont, i don't think it'll be anyone else.

Could also be a new Pokemon rep, but I'd be underwhelmed if they revealed the pokemon rep this early instead of more established characters.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Guy just said he's slaving himself.
but why would he then explain it in a way where its like he's describing a certain someone like that? He could have just said "i've worked hard on this and i'm just so exhausted"

cybersai

Smash Ace
I think you guys are taking his red eyes comment too literally, I don't think it's a hint. Sakurai is a work-a-holic, he didn't take a vacation during Melee, he worked 7 days a week, he worked with his hand in injury during Smash U's development, worked on DLC right after that, and straight into Smash Ultimate.

Sakurai pours his soul into Smash. I honestly wish Nintendo would let him take a long vacation, everyone else at Smash has learned enough from him they can work on DLC characters without him.

Top Bottom