• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
So guys, I had an idea recently.

What if, and I know this seems highly unlikely, DKC TF gets DLC in form of a Kremlings-mode.

This swaps out all of the enemies to the Kremlings and old school DK baddies, like Zingers, while maintaining the overall level design.

Fredrick already is similar to K Rool, so why not go for a swap, regardless?

Which enemies would you like to see replaced? Which could be possible candidates to maintain the level structures? Which bosses would you like to see?

Curious to hear from ya!
I'd buy that DLC pack faster than you can say "Aughh!"

But seriously, I'm surprised we didn't even get an extra world in this game like Returns did. I would have loved it if they had a secret boss fight where they'd introduce Viking K. Rool. If they ever introduced DLC like what you suggested (where they swap everything) then that would definitely be worth my money.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I'd buy that DLC pack faster than you can say "Aughh!"

But seriously, I'm surprised we didn't even get an extra world in this game like Returns did. I would have loved it if they had a secret boss fight where they'd introduce Viking K. Rool. If they ever introduced DLC like what you suggested (where they swap everything) then that would definitely be worth my money.
Well it was ported by Retro so they were probably too busy designing their brand new game (hopefully a 3D DK with King K. Rool) to create new levels. DKCR 3D was developed by Monster Games so they had time to make new levels.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Sorry to go all tin foil hat here but I found this interesting. The guys at the Kremling Kampaigner twitter spotted a shiny new DK render in a Nintendo of Canada post. More signs pointing towards a new DK game! Remember when Nintendo teased Twilight Princess HD when they put the HD Link render in their financial meeting, only to see TPHD revealed shortly after? Yeah, they could just be updating an older render for the sake of it, but then why not their other characters like goomba, Wario, Waluigi or even Luigi/Yoshi? Somethings happening soon... I can feel it! or maybe its just for something a little less exciting like a mario sports game but still pretty cool

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I buy it. Wouldn't be surprised in the least to hear Retro (or someone) has been working on DKCR3 or a DK 3D game or something crazy.

All we had before Returns was revealed was rumors Retro was working on a DK game so this isn't much less.

Troykv

Smash Master
Sorry to go all tin foil hat here but I found this interesting. The guys at the Kremling Kampaigner twitter spotted a shiny new DK render in a Nintendo of Canada post. More signs pointing towards a new DK game! Remember when Nintendo teased Twilight Princess HD when they put the HD Link render in their financial meeting, only to see TPHD revealed shortly after? Yeah, they could just be updating an older render for the sake of it, but then why not their other characters like goomba, Wario, Waluigi or even Luigi/Yoshi? Somethings happening soon... I can feel it! or maybe its just for something a little less exciting like a mario sports game but still pretty cool
DK new render is very nice.

D

Deleted member

Correction, those renders for the characters ARE all newer renders.
They are updated versions of older renders and most are taken from Mario Party 10 with the following exceptions:
-DK, Mario, Luigi, Goomba and Koopa Troopa (not used for a game yet)
-Boo (taken from Mario Party: Island Tour instead)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Donkey Kong's rendering is pretty much new when you look at his nose. Compare it to his original DK Jungle Climber artwork, and you'll see what I mean.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I got to the level in Tropical Freeze with the KKR Easter Egg!

Fantastic game so far, even if I'm effectively only just starting World 3. Back when I played DKCR I didn't pay attention to the time trial modes, and I think I missed out a lot by doing so. Whilst it doesn't change some stages at all (looking at you, mine cart levels) on others it really demonstrates how cleverly designed the levels are. Indeed, some of the strategies needed at times effectively turns it into aa different level!

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I hope it means something but it could just be nosejob Nintendo updating all of DK's renders. I think that thumbs up DK has been around since like Gamecube or Wii. Lol.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Correction, those renders for the characters ARE all newer renders.
They are updated versions of older renders and most are taken from Mario Party 10 with the following exceptions:
-DK, Mario, Luigi, Goomba and Koopa Troopa (not used for a game yet)
-Boo (taken from Mario Party: Island Tour instead)
Double correction! :grin:
The only ones not used for a game yet are just DK and Mario...
Mario's is an updated render from Mario Party DS and DK is updated from DK Jungle Climber
Luigi uses his OG Mario Party DS render
Goomba is reused from New SMB and Koopa is from Mario Party 9
But I'm not gonna check if every character art has been remade/redone lol. They all look familiar enough and are shiny enough to realize they're from the past few years :)

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Well it was ported by Retro so they were probably too busy designing their brand new game (hopefully a 3D DK with King K. Rool) to create new levels. DKCR 3D was developed by Monster Games so they had time to make new levels.
I forgot that DKCR was developed by Monster Games, so you make a good point. Here's hoping Retro is making a new DKC game with the Kremlings.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I 102% DKC2 last night and thought it was a very good game. Personally, I did not like it as much as DKC1, but the game controls and the tight level design motivated me to get all of the collectables. The K. Rool fight was ok, it was not as memorable as the DKC1 fight IMO.

Now playing DKC3 though, oh boy I love this game. I love the exploration and secrets in the world map. Kiddy Kong is absolutely fun to play, and switching between him and Dixie is a blast because of how different the gameplay styles are. Although playing the first 3 levels were a breeze, somehow, I am enjoying this game more than DKC2.

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I 102% DKC2 last night and thought it was a very good game. Personally, I did not like it as much as DKC1, but the game controls and the tight level design motivated me to get all of the collectables. The K. Rool fight was ok, it was not as memorable as the DKC1 fight IMO.

Now playing DKC3 though, oh boy I love this game. I love the exploration and secrets in the world map. Kiddy Kong is absolutely fun to play, and switching between him and Dixie is a blast because of how different the gameplay styles are. Although playing the first 3 levels were a breeze, somehow, I am enjoying this game more than DKC2.
:link:

Wow. . . Definitely not the popular way to look at things (I believe DKC3 is the worst of the OT myself, and that Kiddy Kong is a little on the lame side ha ha), but everyone is different and I suppose the important thing is that you seem to be thoroughly enjoying the games yourself. So. . .That being said, continue to enjoy and let us know how you feel once you get through DKC3 as well. ^_^

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
>K. Rool fight in DKC2 not as memorable as the first game

Yeah sure. :laugh:

Will never complain about more people enjoying DKC as a whole though. Keep on keepin' on!

Troykv

Smash Master

Oh wow, this is something a bit peculiar with your opinions (DKC is the most popular game, but DKC2 is usually considered the best).

I hope you have a nice ride in DKC3; personally I have never played it xDU

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

You’re not alone. I love DKC3 as well, and it is my favorite out of the original triology. It was so atmospheric and such, and it was quite fun, too. That said, I never understood the hate for Kiddy Kong. Not that I thought he was great, for I thought he was just okay, but I never knew why he wasn’t liked much.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh so Tropical Freeze Switch is out? Cool.. Still don't own a Switch, might be time for it soon now however!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Traced K Rool. It bugs me WAY too much that they keep flipping his bloodshot eye in official renders.
pok.png

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord

Some Spanish Youtubers made this parody video based on DKC1. It's in Spanish but it has English subtitles. Yes, K. Rool shows up!

Zeox

Smash Champion
Time to crazy theory because there is no new info.
What if the reason why the Smash trailer was so creepy and dark was because this Smash is gonna be the Smash of the villains, with tons of new evil characters such as King K. Rool, Porky, Ridley, etc...? What if... this is the Smash... where Ganondorf finally stops being a clone of Captain Falcon?
What if... Waluigi is God?

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Time to crazy theory because there is no new info.
What if the reason why the Smash trailer was so creepy and dark was because this Smash is gonna be the Smash of the villains, with tons of new evil characters such as King K. Rool, Porky, Ridley, etc...? What if... this is the Smash... where Ganondorf finally stops being a clone of Captain Falcon?
What if... Waluigi is God?
It would be nice to have a Smash that focuses on villains as newcomers.... it would be awesome to get something like that. I have a feeling we may be seeing more villains this time around, since that's been a big request for a while

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I came up with a theory as to why the king's not playable yet, thought I'd bounce it here first. What if Sakurai didn't want Mario to be overrepresented?

Sure, we all consider KKR a Donkey Kong character, and Sakurai would too. But Wario wasn't in Melee because there would've been too many Mario characters. Wario Land was a series before Melee, so he could've been representing his own franchise, yet he still got held back until Brawl.

Speaking of Brawl, note how Mario got no newcomers there. That'd be because Diddy and Wario were our Mario characters.

And in Sm4sh, Sakurai saw potential in actual Mario characters, which is why we got no DK, Yoshi, or Wario characters.

If Sakurai does always attach the Mario sub-series to the main series, it would explain why DK's been so shafted when it comes to content; it's not the focus of the entire universe. The series would be kind of lucky to have even gotten two characters.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
My journey through Tropical Freeze continues. Thus far, I've completed World 3 and am currently halfway through World 4.

Generally water levels are a bit of a pain, but the water world has honestly been my favourite so far. Part is to do with how good all of the soundtracks to it are but none of these have felt like the usual chore the water levels are. Moreover it's given a reason to finally use Diddy Kong, as until now he's felt completely outclassed by Dixie.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Just remember if we don't see K. Rool at E3 stay calm... if no DK characters are shown at E3 they could be waiting for a later reveal... we could get a new DK next year and see a trailer for a new game later in the year before Smash''s release and get them there. Just try not to get too discouraged....

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I came up with a theory as to why the king's not playable yet, thought I'd bounce it here first. What if Sakurai didn't want Mario to be overrepresented?

Sure, we all consider KKR a Donkey Kong character, and Sakurai would too. But Wario wasn't in Melee because there would've been too many Mario characters. Wario Land was a series before Melee, so he could've been representing his own franchise, yet he still got held back until Brawl.

Speaking of Brawl, note how Mario got no newcomers there. That'd be because Diddy and Wario were our Mario characters.

And in Sm4sh, Sakurai saw potential in actual Mario characters, which is why we got no DK, Yoshi, or Wario characters.

If Sakurai does always attach the Mario sub-series to the main series, it would explain why DK's been so shafted when it comes to content; it's not the focus of the entire universe. The series would be kind of lucky to have even gotten two characters.
There's no cap on how many reps per series per smash. Characters either make it or they don't. If there was an algorithm for determining who was being added then the smash community wouldn't be so consistently wrong.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
that DK NOSE surgery is very strange isnt it? im sure we got a new DK game soon.
Reggie talking about DK

But with the mentality of creating an experience that the player says, ‘Wow, I’ve never done that before with a Mario game.’ That’s what we try to do. Whether it’s with a Metroid experience or a Donkey Kong experience, we’re constantly looking to push the envelope on the IP versus doing sequential small iterations with a particular franchise.

since replaying DK TP port , i really want a new DK and thiis marketing to put a port before revealing a new game work very well.

let's hope!

and having a NEW DK with K.ROOL mean that we can dream for K.ROOL in smash and that will stop that irrevelant point from haters

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
There's no cap on how many reps per series per smash. Characters either make it or they don't. If there was an algorithm for determining who was being added then the smash community wouldn't be so consistently wrong.
Except like I just said, Wario was held back from Melee for that reason. And Corrin could've been held back because Sakurai thought there were too many FE characters.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I finally discovered a fullproof rationale to get K. Rool in Smash. Should I send this to Nintendo?

Hey home skillets, this is a rap
about some guy named King K. Rap.
NO, that's wrong, his name's K. Rool
and he's not crap, this guy is COOL.
Alma mater? Wrinkly's school!
Does that matter? Yes, you fool.

Lost his homeland, that's so sad!
Cause his plan went kind of bad.
Diddy and Dixie are the ones to blame,
trying to 102% the game.
And with their greedy monkey paws
they both broke international laws.

So Sakurai, you understand,
why you must meet the demand
to add K. Rool to Super Smash.
Or you will face UN backlash.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I finally discovered a fullproof rationale to get K. Rool in Smash. Should I send this to Nintendo?

Hey home skillets, this is a rap
about some guy named King K. Rap.
NO, that's wrong, his name's K. Rool
and he's not crap, this guy is COOL.
Alma mater? Wrinkly's school!
Does that matter? Yes, you fool.

Lost his homeland, that's so sad!
Cause his plan went kind of bad.
Diddy and Dixie are the ones to blame,
trying to 102% the game.
And with their greedy monkey paws
they both broke international laws.

So Sakurai, you understand,
why you must meet the demand
to add K. Rool to Super Smash.
Or you will face UN backlash.
I'd prefer sending a strongly worded letter.

Top Bottom