• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
How would you feel if Retro announced a new Donkey Kong Country game, and King K. Rool was yet not the boss ...

but a PLAYABLE CHARACTER?!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Say I got an idea...

What if Sakurai announces:

66 - Dixie Kong

67 - King K. Rool

Sakurai then talks about how these two were highly requested among Donkey Kong fans. But then he says, "But wait. I have one more surprise for you..."

67ε - Lord Fredrik

How would you feel about that?
Ever seen that episode of South Park where Randy's been haunted by a "spooky ghost". That's how I'd feel

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Fun slightly off-topic story.

So I was at a waterpark today, and they have a slide there called the "Crocodile Slide." Of course I had to ride it in support of our King. Several times. And each time, I kept picturing how much I'd love to see a K.Rool announcement.

Summers are so much fun, but I can't handle hot days.

Bonus points - I'm on vacation in Germany, so it's spelled K-R-O-K-O-D-I-L. Bring on the Kroc!
Bonus bonus points - they also had a Pirate slide too. Much more support for our Kremling Kaptain!

....am I doing it right?

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
After 4 more years of speculation, I wish I could look at K. Rool's chances as more than a coin toss. Even when Chrom got deconfirmed, he was put in Robins FS AS WELL AS a Mii Outfit just so people would be happy. All we got was a Mii Costume and Smash Run enemies. Sakurai has not brought up this characters name once like Geno and Ridley. Hell nobody from Nintendo seems to want to mention him through word of mouth. The Tropical Freeze developers didn't say a single word about Kremlings in that recent online stream for DKTF Switch (even though "Where's K. Rool and the Kremlings?", was spammed by so many people). Its just hard to see him having more than a 50% chance at making it in. If he does get in I will honestly be shocked and it will be at the 100% mercy of Samurai.

We've been given the minimum amount of DK representation thus far. He can change the animations, graphics, sounds, and play styles of all these characters, but nothing will speak love to any franchise, except adding a new character. I'm assuming we will get an Echo Fighter at the least and a Stage/Song or two. I just don't see a Newcomer for DK happening anymore. If this is Smash Bros "Ultimate", I'd expect K. Rool, of course to be there, but we might just have been too little, too late, to show how popular/requested our guy is. If anything, I'm glad we got Snake, Pokemon Trainer, and Ridley.

Between now until December just make sure you all temper your expectations. King K. Rool is and has been one of the top picks for a 1st Party Newcomer since the Ballot and his inclusion picked up actual steam after Brawl. Ridley had been wanted since Melee I assume, but was denied so much and outright mentioned by Sakurai that is was just time to FINALLY add him. Assuming K. Rool would have to wait just as long as Ridley did to be included..we are not at Smash 6 yet.. King K. Rool has never been talked about by Sakurai. I can't see him liking or even wanting to mess with this historical/Rare/american developed character.

I would love to be wrong about all of this, but I am expecting the worst while hoping for the best. Everyone in this thread should follow suit. Don't give up every spark of hope. Hope is a good thing, but make sure this time around you remember how Sakurai has done DK in the past. It took us til Brawl to get Diddy and we have got no more DK Reps since then, while Sakurai's personal franchises, Kirby/Kid Icarus got 2 characters in Brawl and Smash3DS/Wii U. This is supposed to be the biggest and baddest Smash of them all and it looks great so far, but it will not be "Ultimate" to me and maybe many of you if our King doesn't make it yet again.

Food for thought. It is always easier to be pessimistic than optimistic. I am positive that this Smash will indeed be amazing, but I am no longer expecting anything for DK fans whatsoever. Nintendo...... Sakurai.... God...... please.... prove me wrong.

Last edited:

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
I am still confident that the mii costume was a placeholder do to him being highly requested as they didn't have enough time to work on him for DLC. I really think he will get a reveal trailer some time over the next 6 months.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I am still confident that the mii costume was a placeholder do to him being highly requested as they didn't have enough time to work on him for DLC. I really think he will get a reveal trailer some time over the next 6 months.
Just makes me look at Mii Costumes like Lloyd Irving when we use that reasoning though. Then I forgot what was special about King K. getting a costume... Feels like he just threw us a plain, yet "flavorful" bone.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
It's absolutely a possibility that K. Rool doesn't show up. And everyone should accept that and be able to process the fact that this game could still have a lot of incredible value despite missing such a great character. At the same time, it's also okay to think that a game of incredible value could be missing something and it would be super disappointing to see him not in. It's OK to think that even in a great game, K. Rool's absence would still be felt. It's important to walk that balance.

It's OK to hope and risk being disappointed. The hope generates excitement and generates interest that can be seen for DLC or future games. There are people from Nintendo that roam boards like this one and report to Nintendo. Hope shows that people love the character and want to see him in. Hope keeps the community alive.

The worst thing you could do is to is decide to be pessimistic just because it might protect you from future disappointment. It's fine to be disappointed; it's not the end of the line for the character even if he isn't in this game. It's only the end of the line when people stop thinking it's worthwhile to keep hoping for the best. We've taken a lot of hits already and we're still here.

All of that also goes to Dixie fans.

I think we have a good shot. But if he's/they're not in the game, keep hope alive. Keep charging ahead! So if we hit a brick wall, we make a massive thud!!!

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
They had to develope him from scratch for that Mii costume, a BRAND NEW model, just for a Mii costume. Sure, it could been done easily in a week or something, I'm not a game designer, so can't be specific, but they made it from scratch. It's something. If Sakurai already knew back then that he would develope the next one for Switch, I'm sure the Ballot was an indicator, as to how the most notorious "All-Stars" are already present in the game.

- It makes sense that Bayonetta, who ranked first in Europe was elected. Her series is getting very relevant and important for Nintendo. Easy assets from the origin games to use to create.

- Corrin for advertising the new Fire Emblem, sure.

- Makes sense that Roy and Lucas from Melee and Brawl respectivly from each series got back as a DLC due to demand.

- It makes sense that Ryu became a playable character, representing fighting game in general, and for the good friendship between Nintendo and Capcom.

- It makes sense that Square Enix would want to get their most recognizable character in the door before they would even consider giving a one-shot wooden doll from a crossover from many years the chance, which bodes well that Geno is coming. As Sakurai has stated how often he has tried to get Geno, but now with Cloud, what stops Geno? It's Sakurai's own wish.

So, with all this. WHAT could Sakurai and co do for Switch, to make this appealing, and not redundent as a Port just for the Switch.
Sakurai got one console to focus on, not two. Hardware limitation which held the Wii U back is gone. Hence why Sakurai at this time focuses on bringing all the veterans back, as that is the ultimate fanservice, and the best outcome for going forward and making the Switch version more appealing, and hyped.

With all veterans back, and the DLC from Smash 4. WHAT NOW!?
Sakurai knows. First, teasing us with the most obvious newcomer, the Inklings.
We starve for a couple months, with NO INFO AT ALL. Just to gear up for the E3 presentation.

Now, what does Sakurai do? He goes straight to the point. ALL Veterans are back, we can't be afraid of anyone being on the chopping block anymore. We can't hope for our small fries as Pichu and Ivysaur to come back, because they are all in the family.

The phase of the presentation. We get our first info on Inkling. We get "Echo" fighters advertised, and given DAISY. Now, why is Daisy important? Because, she will not shadow nor rain on the last, unexpected newcomers parade. We get a simple echo in Daisy, pleasing her fans, but also giving us something new, which was easy explained, and did not steal the show, as we were hungry for Inklings, we got Inklings.

Then, after all that's happened. WHAT DOES SAKURAI DO NOW!? ... Ridley.
If Ridley was going to be in the game, this would be the perfect time to show him off. Knowing that people will be watching live, streaming, and anticipating. This is no ordinary direct, this is on E3. All eyes on Nintendo and Sakurai. Inkling and Daisy would not overshadow Ridley, and they got one of the most hyped characters to finish off their presentation, with also a release date.

What does this mean? It means that we got under 6 months to get more information. Assist Trophies, returning stages, new stages, items, music, and the selling point of the Smash series, newcomers. Yes, there might not be as many as the previous game, for the base roster, about 5-11, maybe, and that is with echoes in my honest view. Now, echoes are not given out to steal spotlights, it's the easy throw to help underdogs that would not necessarilly make it on their own. For their fans, this madman goes out of his ways to please as many as he can.

What does all of this mean for King K. Rool? Well. As Sakurai and Bill Trinnen said, info are held back, to hype up the game before release. That's exactly what we need. More content to hype the game pre-release. That's as said, under 6 months. Of course Ridley is not alone the big guns. Why reveal all the first day?

If K. Rool and Ridley were shown the same day, Ridley would overshadow King K. Rool, and kill off the hype. The Ballot gave voice to the Kroc, and Nintendo has heard. They know we are hungry for K. Rool, the polls don't lie, the Mii costume does not lie, and as I started with. They created the model for the Mii costume from Scratch. That's research, that's making sure he feels like the true character in terms of colours, scales, and modernize the classic.

All of this bodes well. If this is Sakurai's swan song, and this is the love letter to all Smash fans. Only time will tell when our King will be granted his finest hour.

And if not, then there is still DLC, which would easily make him a shoe-inn if he is not part of the base roster.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
I'm getting so tired of how underrepresented the DK franchise is in Smash, especially when compared other franchises. Sakurai seems more than happy to add another bunch of pokemon to the pokeballs in Smash Ultimate (Because there wasn't enough Pokemon fan service in the game already), but he can't make a single DK assist trophy for the game. Here's an idea - Why not have an animal buddy crate which spawns a random animal buddy, or how about another member of the Kong Family jumping out and causing chaos on stage?

When it comes to the DK stages, we always end up with some variation of a jungle. THERE'S MORE TO DKC THAN PALMTREES SAKURAI! How about the ice caves, swamps, mountains and other terrain we see throughout the Snes games?

Honestly, I think he's got the music all wrong most of all. We have like 10 remixes of Jungle japes in Smash 4, when there's a whole glossary of themes from David Wise to tap into: Aquatic Ambience, Rare Respite, Stickerbrush Symphony, Seashore War, Hot-Head Bop ... I could go on.

It's like Sakurai doesn't understand DK's had a whole subseries outside of the arcade games. I'm starting to think Nintendo just hate to acknowledge anything made by Rare just because Japan didn't invent it. The fact one of their most popular characters was given a massive overhaul by the West during the 90s and met with critical acclaim is something that should be embraced and not buried. Smash is the perfect platform to fully showcase that Rare legacy. Without Rare, the Snes wouldn't have gone on to outsell the Megadrive as well as it did. That relationship between Rare and Nintendo set the stage for other partnerships in the future such as Retro and Next Level Games. THIS IS IMPORTANT STUFF.

All I want is Dixie and K rool in Smash and I'd be happy, although I don't see it happening sadly. Maybe if Sakurai retires from the series we might get some fanservice of our beloved ape.

When Kid Icarus and Mother have more representation, over a series that's sold millions of units, you know something's wrong...
I agree with everything you said and thats what I keep telling everyone. I do really think the reason why there is barely any dk content is because the country series was created by rare, a British studio and not by Japanese.
That's why I also think that we won't see banjo and kazooie or other western characters like spyro or crash in the game.
I think I read somewhere that rare and Nintendo's relationship was getting worse, because of some issues disagreements during development and that rare wanted Nintendo to buy them completely but Nintendo allegedly didn't think that rare was worth it or something like that. So this didn't end well. Maybe that's a reason why DK country is so underrepresented in smash. I can imagine that Nintendo or Sakurai thinks that it would be a disgrace to have rare developed stuff in the game?

StormC

Smash Hero
I can't see him liking or even wanting to mess with this historical/Rare/american developed character.
Why would that be an issue when it wasn't an issue for Diddy? (Also, K. Rool has never been handled by an American developer.)

I really, really doubt Nintendo is still holding a grudge against Rare - maybe indifference, but not outright spite. Why else would they seek a western developer to create the return to form for the series?

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
They had to develope him from scratch for that Mii costume, a BRAND NEW model, just for a Mii costume. Sure, it could been done easily in a week or something, I'm not a game designer, so can't be specific, but they made it from scratch. It's something. If Sakurai already knew back then that he would develope the next one for Switch, I'm sure the Ballot was an indicator, as to how the most notorious "All-Stars" are already present in the game.

- It makes sense that Bayonetta, who ranked first in Europe was elected. Her series is getting very relevant and important for Nintendo. Easy assets from the origin games to use to create.

- Corrin for advertising the new Fire Emblem, sure.

- Makes sense that Roy and Lucas from Melee and Brawl respectivly from each series got back as a DLC due to demand.

- It makes sense that Ryu became a playable character, representing fighting game in general, and for the good friendship between Nintendo and Capcom.

- It makes sense that Square Enix would want to get their most recognizable character in the door before they would even consider giving a one-shot wooden doll from a crossover from many years the chance, which bodes well that Geno is coming. As Sakurai has stated how often he has tried to get Geno, but now with Cloud, what stops Geno? It's Sakurai's own wish.

So, with all this. WHAT could Sakurai and co do for Switch, to make this appealing, and not redundent as a Port just for the Switch.
Sakurai got one console to focus on, not two. Hardware limitation which held the Wii U back is gone. Hence why Sakurai at this time focuses on bringing all the veterans back, as that is the ultimate fanservice, and the best outcome for going forward and making the Switch version more appealing, and hyped.

With all veterans back, and the DLC from Smash 4. WHAT NOW!?
Sakurai knows. First, teasing us with the most obvious newcomer, the Inklings.
We starve for a couple months, with NO INFO AT ALL. Just to gear up for the E3 presentation.

Now, what does Sakurai do? He goes straight to the point. ALL Veterans are back, we can't be afraid of anyone being on the chopping block anymore. We can't hope for our small fries as Pichu and Ivysaur to come back, because they are all in the family.

The phase of the presentation. We get our first info on Inkling. We get "Echo" fighters advertised, and given DAISY. Now, why is Daisy important? Because, she will not shadow nor rain on the last, unexpected newcomers parade. We get a simple echo in Daisy, pleasing her fans, but also giving us something new, which was easy explained, and did not steal the show, as we were hungry for Inklings, we got Inklings.

Then, after all that's happened. WHAT DOES SAKURAI DO NOW!? ... Ridley.
If Ridley was going to be in the game, this would be the perfect time to show him off. Knowing that people will be watching live, streaming, and anticipating. This is no ordinary direct, this is on E3. All eyes on Nintendo and Sakurai. Inkling and Daisy would not overshadow Ridley, and they got one of the most hyped characters to finish off their presentation, with also a release date.

What does this mean? It means that we got under 6 months to get more information. Assist Trophies, returning stages, new stages, items, music, and the selling point of the Smash series, newcomers. Yes, there might not be as many as the previous game, for the base roster, about 5-11, maybe, and that is with echoes in my honest view. Now, echoes are not given out to steal spotlights, it's the easy throw to help underdogs that would not necessarilly make it on their own. For their fans, this madman goes out of his ways to please as many as he can.

What does all of this mean for King K. Rool? Well. As Sakurai and Bill Trinnen said, info are held back, to hype up the game before release. That's exactly what we need. More content to hype the game pre-release. That's as said, under 6 months. Of course Ridley is not alone the big guns. Why reveal all the first day?

If K. Rool and Ridley were shown the same day, Ridley would overshadow King K. Rool, and kill off the hype. The Ballot gave voice to the Kroc, and Nintendo has heard. They know we are hungry for K. Rool, the polls don't lie, the Mii costume does not lie, and as I started with. They created the model for the Mii costume from Scratch. That's research, that's making sure he feels like the true character in terms of colours, scales, and modernize the classic.

All of this bodes well. If this is Sakurai's swan song, and this is the love letter to all Smash fans. Only time will tell when our King will be granted his finest hour.

And if not, then there is still DLC, which would easily make him a shoe-inn if he is not part of the base roster.

Also, I'd like to add to something.

Krystal made it into the game. Hence as an Assist Trophy, and why does "that", make any sort of importance for K. Rool?
The design of Krystal. It's from Star Fox Adventure, a RARE Produced game, and used content in SMASH.

Sakurai is not afraid of old RARE properties. K. Rool? This is just one more point for his chance.

StormC

Smash Hero
Diddy was added to Brawl when the Rare drama was still fresh. He wasn't even in Jungle Beat. I really do not buy the "holding onto a 15 year old grudge" angle. Just seems like projection to me.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
What if K Rool had 2 echo fighters:

1. King K. Rool
2E. Kaptain K. Rool
3E. Baron K. Roolenstein

From what I understand, Echo fighters have slightly different moves? Would be a cool way to utilise the various gimmicks of his alter egos!

Last edited:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
And if it was simple spite, how come we're not getting stuff from DK jr, DK 3, or the 1994 game? And why are Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, and Funky playable in the latest DK game?

DK's getting shafted in Smash. But I don't think it's because of a western company who long since fallen on the wayside.

Last edited:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I still think that Gogoat Poke Ball should've been a Rambi assist trophy.

And yeah, the individual alter-egos would work better just being incorporated into a singular K. Rool moveset with a choice between the costumes rather than three nearly-identical copies.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Not going to lie. I do love the positivity towards our King..I guess after the Ballot, seeing Bayonetta win, I was one of the many who mentally fell into the abyss of doubt. The Kutthroats truly are a one-of-a-king group. Always trying to spread hope and passion.

Thanks everyone. My doubts will keep flowing from the wound of getting too involved, and still failing last time, but I appreciate the banter, criticism, and explanations to my fears. I also see tons of Ridley supporters in here. Glad to have you with us until the bitter end.

If we can't get him in Smash then getting him back in his own franchise is a great start.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Just wondering, how likely do you guys think he really is for this game? I mean, he is literally the only character I want, but I don’t know if I should get my hopes up.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I'm saying. 89%
Those 11% left are the 11 other newcomers who kicked his ass. :troll:

No, seriously. I'm very confident he will be in this game. If you want a better reasoning, go further up and read my analyse.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Just wondering, how likely do you guys think he really is for this game? I mean, he is literally the only character I want, but I don’t know if I should get my hopes up.
I personally believe he's the most likely newcomer. Ridley and K. Rool have a similar amount of popularity and if this is a game about fan-favorites, there's no reason why one can't get in if the other did.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
What if K Rool had 2 echo fighters:

1. King K. Rool
2E. Kaptain K. Rool
3E. Baron K. Roolenstein

From what I understand, Echo fighters have slightly different moves? Would be a cool way to utilise the various gimmicks of his alter egos!
Not necessary as it would water down K. Rool's moveset in genearl (and they're so different that they wouldn't work as echos tbh).

If he gets an echo, it should be Lord Frederik.

D

Deleted member

Me I personally believe about a 90% chance. I think his chances are better then ever. Especially with Ridley a character we'd never thought we'd see. Added course nothing is set in stone. Also Sakurai said not to expect to many newcomers. But I believe more then ever in his chances.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I hope you are right. But remember Mii costumes didn't help Takamaru... or Toad. :sadeyes:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I hope you are right. But remember Mii costumes didn't help Takamaru... or Toad. :sadeyes:
Helped Inklings. And we still got to see what's up with Ashley.
Also, Toad does not deconfirm Captain Toad, so in some way I guess?

I know it's not the same. Toad would be the absolute best. I'll cry with you for that one. :sadeyes:

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
I think the difference with Takamaru's Mii Costume at least is that it mostly just used assets from Takamaru's existing model. It looks like Ashley's did as well but her Smash story is still up in the air for now.

King K. Rool's Mii costume was completely unprecedented because he had a model already exist in the game (unlike Geno who, of course had to be new assets) yet his costume was made completely from the ground up. The only thing in his costume that looks remotely like anything else from the game is possibly his skin just being a recolor of Bowser's skin texture, but even then that seems like way too much effort for a simple Mii costume. That's why I believe that at least during Smash 4's process a full model of that redesign exists in some capacity (either for Smash 5 or as a scrapped character for Smash 4). I would be worried if his costume was just his trophy assets strapped onto a Mii figure but the fact that it's original gives me a lot of hope that the design is going to be used for something else. If not then I have no idea why they would spend so much time on it.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
If anything gives us a lot of life with getting K. Rool it's Japan... Sakurai likes appealing to both of us with characters and hes never afraid to say when a character has a large following in the US or Japan.

Little Mac was said to be popular here in the west
As was Ridley
Marth and Roy were originally added for Japanese fans
The japanese fans were the driving force behind a lot of veterans coming back as on Japanese polls the vets were always high.

K. Rool is easily top 3 in Japan probably number 1 overall, they've been asking for him as much as we have... he's the only character besides Megaman I can think of that the east and west want just as badly at this point..and it was like that since the ballot... Sakurai can see that. K. Rool has huge hype potential... the old saying goes "save the best for last" I don't think we will see a K. Rool announcement until the last direct before Smash U... the last big hype reveal which is a shame because it's going to be a long wait.... but I truly feel he's coming. It stand's to reason that Sakurai knows he will have A LOT of disappointed fans over seas and here if K. Rool doesn't make it in.

Ridley may have been a nice announcement for us but Japan isn't nearly as interested, they want K. Rool....

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
After 4 more years of speculation, I wish I could look at K. Rool's chances as more than a coin toss. Even when Chrom got deconfirmed, he was put in Robins FS AS WELL AS a Mii Outfit just so people would be happy. All we got was a Mii Costume and Smash Run enemies. Sakurai has not brought up this characters name once like Geno and Ridley. Hell nobody from Nintendo seems to want to mention him through word of mouth. The Tropical Freeze developers didn't say a single word about Kremlings in that recent online stream for DKTF Switch (even though "Where's K. Rool and the Kremlings?", was spammed by so many people). Its just hard to see him having more than a 50% chance at making it in. If he does get in I will honestly be shocked and it will be at the 100% mercy of Samurai.

We've been given the minimum amount of DK representation thus far. He can change the animations, graphics, sounds, and play styles of all these characters, but nothing will speak love to any franchise, except adding a new character. I'm assuming we will get an Echo Fighter at the least and a Stage/Song or two. I just don't see a Newcomer for DK happening anymore. If this is Smash Bros "Ultimate", I'd expect K. Rool, of course to be there, but we might just have been too little, too late, to show how popular/requested our guy is. If anything, I'm glad we got Snake, Pokemon Trainer, and Ridley.

Between now until December just make sure you all temper your expectations. King K. Rool is and has been one of the top picks for a 1st Party Newcomer since the Ballot and his inclusion picked up actual steam after Brawl. Ridley had been wanted since Melee I assume, but was denied so much and outright mentioned by Sakurai that is was just time to FINALLY add him. Assuming K. Rool would have to wait just as long as Ridley did to be included..we are not at Smash 6 yet.. King K. Rool has never been talked about by Sakurai. I can't see him liking or even wanting to mess with this historical/Rare/american developed character.

I would love to be wrong about all of this, but I am expecting the worst while hoping for the best. Everyone in this thread should follow suit. Don't give up every spark of hope. Hope is a good thing, but make sure this time around you remember how Sakurai has done DK in the past. It took us til Brawl to get Diddy and we have got no more DK Reps since then, while Sakurai's personal franchises, Kirby/Kid Icarus got 2 characters in Brawl and Smash3DS/Wii U. This is supposed to be the biggest and baddest Smash of them all and it looks great so far, but it will not be "Ultimate" to me and maybe many of you if our King doesn't make it yet again.

Food for thought. It is always easier to be pessimistic than optimistic. I am positive that this Smash will indeed be amazing, but I am no longer expecting anything for DK fans whatsoever. Nintendo...... Sakurai.... God...... please.... prove me wrong.

I know you are right, this is probably the wiser way of thinking of K.Rool inclusion.
I wish I could think that way, not getting my hopes up for this so that I don't take the risk to be disappointed... but I can't, I would be lying.
I have all the hope I can possibily get for the Croc inclusion, and his possible absence will destroy the fan I am.
There is sadly nothing I can do to prevent this, this is how I am.

As for Nintendo being aware of the demand...
We are seing things from our point of view, we go on forums, twitters, see polls with K.Rool on so we are confident.
But what are Nintendo and the Smash team really aware of ?
I doubt they read fans opinions on forums or someshere else that often, maybe they are more disconnected than we think.
There is that ballot in which we assume K.Rool did great, but we nevet got the results...

As for K.Rool being kept for the last announcements, that could be very well the possibility.
Exactly what I wanted to avoid, I can't enjoy the wait not knowing.
Lets hope for legit leaks, at least we'll know what to expect.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
As an F-Zero fan, and being crushed for the third time about Samurai Goroh. I'm feeling very optimistic for K. Rool. I NEED THIS.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
So just some fun speculation on my part but if you look at that huge Smash Ultimate mural that was done featuring all the characters, they had revealed it before the Ridley reveal and he wasnt in it, then after the reveal him and Daisy were thrown into it. There's character reactions in the piece, Ice Climbers for example are surprised at Ridley behind them, I was looking for any odd character reaction's to see if it would make sense for a characters placement.. well if you look under Mario there's a rather large space of empty area where Pokemon trainer is, Wario and DeDeDe are clearly reacting to someone, as it stands now it looks like Pokemon trainer but I feel like PT wouldn't put the fear into them like that, it would be funny if this space is were K. Rool may end up if he's revealed, and DDD and Wario are terrified, maybe he'd be shooting a cannon ball or something from his blunder buss. Ive been looking at some of the areas for empty spots that look like room for characters to be moved around. The mural is packed but there is a couple suspect spots that look a bit too empty. Especially when you see how the characters are grouped up.

I'm a digital artist myself and you can tell the mural was made with layering in Photoshop every character was drawn on their own layer so they could be moved as characters are added in and obviously unrevealed characters can be placed where they're supposed to be in the final piece.. just something fun to consider

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
There's a few good things Sakurai has done for the DKC series in Smash though.. he used Kritters in Smash Run and this was post 2 DK main series games without Kremling's and he gave us the K. Rool Mii outfit, the first K. Rool appearence in a Nintendo game since 2008....

Honestly if I get K. Rool and Dixie in Smash 5 not only would be content with the Roster (even without Banjo) I'd be content with the DK series, in my opinion the DK series will have been made complete. Three of the most recurring heroes and the main villain is good enough for me. I mean sure down the road Funky or Cranky would be neat but theyre not needed.[/QUOTE
Speaking of the Kremlings, I hope they're added as assist trophies. Just have them work the same way they did in Smash Run.

Last edited:
Top Bottom