• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Well, here's hoping. My support is still in favor of him. This one's been something of a mixed bag for me. I've had a strike-out with Krystal, yet got Daisy of all people as playable. I ain't even mad about the clone part because freaking heck, they did her personality service in how she was animated so differently in a way that captures who she is. it's amazing how vibrant and animated she is, truly. When K.Rool gets in, they better have his crazy and hammy personality in there in how he moves and attacks, that's all I can say.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I think that King K. Rool has finally joined the Smash roster. Sakurai knows the fat croc's popularity, and with Wolf's return and Ridley being confirmed, K. Rool is the most popular fighter request and villain request left. Size is no longer an issue, and fact of the matter is even Japan wants him (thanks PushDustIn PushDustIn for those Smash 4 ballot results). His time... is here.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
What's up, my dudes

I posted here a few times back in 2014 I think, but I just wanted to come back to say this is the most excited I've been for a Smash Bros. game in a very long time. I was blown away by the E3 presentation. This is looking to be the best Smash game ever (you could say it's the Ultimate ;)), and I feel like Ridley's reveal just shot King K. Rool's chances WAY up.

Sakurai is clearly looking for the characters that have a large demand from the fans. We know K. Rool is popular in both the East and the West, and he hits the Top 5 for almost all online character polls. Sakurai definitely knows this, the Mii costume we got was proof of that (hell, he went so far as to give it an HD design of his classic DKC self). Not to mention even Sakurai has to know the Donkey Kong series is in dire need of more representation for one of the oldest and still relevant Nintendo series. With Smash 4 I had a lot of doubt since it's been so long since we've seen him, but the game's changed now. Sakurai really seems to be doing this one for the fans. With all possible veterans confirmed, and several newcomers likely still on the way, he's gotta be a shoo-in. All the stars are aligning. If there's ever been a time, and if there's ever going to be a time, to finally see the fat old king, it's now.

Of course, I still have my doubts in the back of my head. There's still a chance we may not get him this time around, maybe not in a smash game ever, and that would suck beyond a doubt. But honestly, I'm just happy to be able to have this chance again. The chance to be able to speculate, to hope, to brigade, to use all our collective nerdy willpower to bring this character to the spotlight. If we don't end up getting what we want and we lose again, it was still fun, and we didn't go down without a fight.

IF WE DO GET TO SEE OUR KING IN SMASH..... not only will I main him for life, I will get a tattoo of the Kremling Krew symbol below, not even joking. Hold me to it, and I'll deliver with pics.
The_Kremling_Krew_Icon.jpg
Until then, let's support the King as best as we can!

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Also gotta welcome all you Ridley supporters who come here to root with us for our King!

Feel embraced by our scaly community with open arms! This truly feels like one character is uniting all the fanbases!

We are all sailing on the same Gangplank Galleon!

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
I was ecstatic to see Ridley make it. It was incredible to see after over 10 years the fight finally end.

But we didn't come this far just to leave a pirate behind. We're all gonna make it this round.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Now, y'all better ding dong diddly dang well listen here: You best believe I was all about the WAA making it, but with him out and Ridley in, the ONLY way forward runs through Crocodile Isle. baby!!!

FIRE UP THE BLAST-O-MATIC! THE TIME HAS COME!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Gotta keep supporting the other King. Here's hoping the fanservice train can make it to the station.

And I want to recreate this picture in every possible way.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
I'm very interested too.

K.Rool performance in ballot probably caught them by surprise.
They said they'd use those datas not only for Smash, but also for other games.
So i hope they understood fans want the Krems back in DKC games.

l loved DKC Returns, but I could not help thinking : where are the krems ?
After DKC Tropical Freeze reveal, I thought he same: those ennemies are an improvement, but still they did not get the message.
I don't think I'm the only one, I'm ok for a breaht of fresh air for 2 games, but a third with no krems would irritate me, it is time.

Btw if K.Rool comes back in a new DKC, what look do you think / want he will have ?
Classic King ? or a whole new look like he gets in every new DKC ?
I'd like a new one, the studio in charge would them give him a specific thematic, and bring it to the krew too ( DKC2 had Kaptain and the whole Pirate thematic for the ennemies and locations).
It would be a good way for the devs to to go for the classic options with krems, but still leave their own mark on the serie with some creativity.
Though we had Classic King, Kaptain, mad scientist, boxer, I don't know what could be next...
If they brought back K. Rool again in a DKC, I think they would use his traditional classic look. Afterwords, he'll probably change into a new persona at the end of the game like in DK64. Perhaps this time they can go for a more western theme and make him a cowboy.

D

Deleted member

They have to add King K. Rool now! DK is the only series in the orginal 8 without a villain:
Mario and Yoshi - Bowser and Bowser Jr
DK - King K. Rool
Zelda - Ganondorf
Pokemon - Mewtwo
Kirby - King Dedede
Metroid - Ridley
Star Fox - Wolf
Again, this is not how Sakurai operates.
I do think K. Rool is highly likely, but it has nothing to do with the fact he's from Donkey Kong or because he's a villain.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
The two Mii costumes I feel were most likely a direct response to the ballot were K. Rool and Geno, so I have a feeling those two are the most likely to graduate to full fledged characters in this new game.

Rooting for you guys :)

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
Heh, it's pretty neat to see that K. Rool is getting even more support now that Ridley got confirmed. The King's hour could be near!

Imagine, if K. Rool makes it in as well, we could have the ultimate (heh) free-for-all match of Bowser vs. Ganondorf vs. Mewtwo vs. Wolf vs. Ridley vs. King K. Rool. (Throw in King Dedede too, if you want.)

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Bowser, Dorf, Riddles, and the King vs. Mario, Link, Samus, and DK. Team battle for the ages!

How interesting...those good guys are numbers 01, 02, 03, and 04...guess if they're the first four of Smash, each needs his (or her) respective villain...

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Now that we got all veterans, our beloved RIDLEY :) but ..No Waluigi :( ( its sad but whatever i prefer krool)

THE BEST SMASH for me for the next newcomer?

- King K.rool and Dixie Kong with a bonus Funky echo character
- Geno and Rayman

add in Waluigi DLC and Arms sping man later on.

THATS IT! it's enough for me after that.

Give me these 4 characters +1 echo and this will be the Ultimate version of SMASH. :D

the hype is real! but december is so far ...

Edit : ho i just saw my bottom banner with my 4 evil characters...its been a long time since i created that...only K.ROOL IS MISSING! :(

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If you're messing with us, I'm walking the plank.
https://youtu.be/W0Ml_aEuhl0

Trust me, I'm not. Davide Soliani did mention it in this interview. I had to look it up again, and now its pinned in the Discord so it doesn't get lost.

Sorry I didn't get around to posting this last night. Just really busy. But I found it, no worries! Again, we'd been chatting quite heavily about this interview and what it means.

Vez

Smash Apprentice
K. Rool is probably happening this time.

I'm glad there seems to be more of a push for alt costumes in Ultimate. Kaptain K. Rool has always been by far my favorite of the Rools, but I've always felt that if the character made it into Smash Bros. he would be purely the King. But now? Yeah, I'd be surprised if his Kaptain look doesn't at least make an appearance.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:

To be completely blunt, whether they added 3 more newcomers to SSBU, or 7, all I really want / desire at this point is K. Rool himself. . . It is not so much that I would not want characters like Geno or whomever to enter the fray as well, but were he [K. Rool] to be the only reveal left, I know I would personally find myself 100% content with what we have in terms of the character roster. . . Anyone after that is a pleasant bonus.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
K. Rool is getting rerated in the RTC. Perhaps keep his crown as most wanted?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I upped my previous 75% to 80% in terms of Chance. I do predict that he'll be in, but I still don't think he's guaranteed.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
https://youtu.be/W0Ml_aEuhl0

Trust me, I'm not. Davide Soliani did mention it in this interview. I had to look it up again, and now its pinned in the Discord so it doesn't get lost.

Sorry I didn't get around to posting this last night. Just really busy. But I found it, no worries! Again, we'd been chatting quite heavily about this interview and what it means.
I'm out of the loop, what's the significance of the video? Is there a time stamp to skip to?

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
After Ridley's reveal, one newcomer I'm definitely expecting is King K. Rool, due to his sheer popularity. The fact that he got a Mii costume in Smash 4 says a lot. That said, I'll be surprised if he isn't revealed before 7 December.

I could see his moveset being an amalgam of the abilities he had in different Donkey Kong games. He could also have a Kaptain K. Krool costume, and maybe a K. Roolenstein costume.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
After Ridley, King K. Rool has to be among the most wanted characters to join the Smash Bros. fray. And since Ridley made the cut, it's time to see if our Kremling tyrant can get the spotlight too.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
My reptilian villain got in and I'm crazy hyped but it won't be perfect until yours is in as well. Here's hoping K Rool is next! I think he's got a great shot.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Man it's gonna be weird if both Ridley and K.Rool make it in. I've seen these two characters discussed so much in the last ten years that not seeing them in the newcomer section is gonna be surreal.

D

Deleted member

Our king support never falters. His time if reckoning shall hopefully arrive someday.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well we live in a world where Ridley and Daisy got into Smash but Waluigi didn't so it could go either way. That said, I'm hopeful. That Mii costume has to mean something... right?

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
The question is, what itteration of K. Rool makes it? Evil DKC/DK64 K. Rool? Pirate K. Rool? K. Roolstein? Fatazz sumo K. Rool from Super Sluggers? (pls no)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Great even with Ridley people still doubt king k rool all because of that stupid relevance arguement and dixie in the rate their chance

Dixie is not a valid arguement anymore she's likely a s a echo for diddy just not have the peanut gun and jet pack

And the historical reps of smash like game and watch a non ROB they are not relevant they got in by historical to Nintendo

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
The question is, what itteration of K. Rool makes it? Evil DKC/DK64 K. Rool? Pirate K. Rool? K. Roolstein? Fatazz sumo K. Rool from Super Sluggers? (pls no)
Most likely King with a Kaptain alt. Baron if Sakurai really loves us.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Great even with Ridley people still doubt king k rool all because of that stupid relevance arguement and dixie in the rate their chance

Dixie is not a valid arguement anymore she's likely a s a echo for diddy just not have the peanut gun and jet pack

And the historical reps of smash like game and watch a non ROB they are not relevant they got in by historical to Nintendo
I mean, Geno was considered and wanted by Sakurai for Smash despite how he hasn't had a non-cameo appearance since 1996 and that was in one of Mario's lesser known spin-off games.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Honestly, I'd want the normal King as his default with Kaptain as an alternate, kinda like what they seem to be doing with Riddles.

I really feel the Rool is good to go because of his massive popularity (worldwide!), but we all did also think Takamaru was a lock and... The thing that makes me nervous about Dixie is that we probably don't have many newcomers inbound and, while they both do deserve it, netiher is a good echo. I can see Dixie as a Diddy echo better than I can see K.Rool as an echo of Bowser or whoever, but the fact remains that both of them being unique is a low chance when we have a limited number of slots. Plus, the fanbases overlap significantly, and we don't need a civil war on our hands. DK needs to get more representation - he's #02 on the roster! He should have much more!

I'd love to be wrong.

I still feel like K.Rool is likely, but I'll have to see. But the fact that Japan was asking for him throughout the Ridley reveal makes me hopeful that, even if he doesn't make vanilla, he's first in line for DLC.

StormC

Smash Hero
If Sakurai doesn’t add K. Rool it won’t be because of an echo character that has a fraction of his popularity.

MetroLSD

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious to where the next potential character reveal would come from, there doesn't seem to be many direct wothy games releasing between now and Smash Ultimate's launch date.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I want to vent about the obvious trend that we are all seeing here with the deconfirmed Assist Trophies in which most of the deconfirmed characters were popular candidates in the Smash ballot. Now the ones we have so far weren't exactly in the top spots in internet polls I think the most popular ones where Krystal and Waluigi, but Sakurai is definitely being influenced by the Smash ballot. By memory I remember that Knuckles was one of three Sonic characters that always made it on the polls along with Shadow and Tails and now we have Kunckles as an AT and possibly Shadow as an echo.

The popular ballot candidates that are yet to be confirmed that I can remember in Smash bros are:
King K. Rool (usually in the top 5)
Shovel Knight (Also top 5)
Simon Belmont
Phoenix Wright
Geno (Top 5)
Banjo & Kazooie (Was more popular during the Smash ballot than now)
Paper Mario
Dixie Kong (Sometimes top 10, but in some polls she was in the top 5 with K. Rool)
Impa
Sceptile
Sora
Bandana Dee(Top 10)
Chrom
Rayman
*Ridley had support for the Smash Ballot but it was really watered down at that point because he was a stage hazard so many fans just gave up*

Those that got deconfirmed with AT
Waluigi
Krystal
Bomberman
Takamaru
Knuckles

Those that are confirmed already
Inklings
Snake
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Daisy