• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Hey, I just thought of something, not something that should really happen, but something I thought of for fun. What if K. Rool was a transformation character? He could transform between his king self and his Kaptain self from Donkey Kong Country 2 and his scientist self from Donkey Kong Country 3. They would each have different movesets too. K. Rool in his king form would use strength and his crown, while his Kaptain form would use his blunderbuss and maybe a sword and other pirate stuff, while his scientist form would use his copter pack and electricity and lasers, and his handheld switch.

Not saying this should happen, for like I said, this idea was for fun. Nevertheless, what do you guys think if K. Rool was a transformation character like this?
I'd sure accept it. Course, I'm one of the only fans who likes transformation.

It sure would be krazy.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'd sure accept it. Course, I'm one of the only fans who likes transformation.

It sure would be krazy.
I'd probably accept any inclusion of K Rool.

But I dont think he is the character who should be a transformation character. It really has very little to do with his core character and the mechanics of his games.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So sue me. My idea was just for fun, not for real.
I disagree with your premise. Why are you taking it personally and overreacting? We are all here for K Rool, I certainly don't understand the unprovoked hostility.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
I disagree with your premise. Why are you taking it personally and overreacting? We are all here for K Rool, I certainly don't understand the unprovoked hostility.
I am not overreacting, nor was I taking it personally. I was just saying. No harm was intended. I was just joking around when I said “sue me”.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I also think he should be a transformation character. It may not represent what he does in any individual game, but it represents the spirit of the character and what he does across several games. It definitely has a justification in the source material.

I like transformation characters, too.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Funny thing is, he could be made into two completely different characters between his Kaptain and King personas. The Blunderbuss could be made into an entire moveset by itself. It would be interesting if rather than make him a transformation character they took a Mii Fighter approach and made him 2 separate characters based on those alone.

K. Roolenstien and Krusher K. Rool were never as popular as his previous two anyway. Plus Kaptain got a mention in K. Rool's old trophy description so Sakurai is probably more fond of that alter ego. I doubt K. Rool would get THAT much attention but you just never know....

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
A 3 in 1 K Rool may not be my ideal moveset, but Im not against it. I wonder how competitive would decide which persona is the best. It would be fun seeing 3 K Rools on the tier list, and heated debates over stuff like why Baron K Roolenstein is more top tier material than Kaptain K Rool and King K Rool.

Oh, and the eventual Smash Bros for 4DS not be powerful to handle the might of K Rool and split him up into 3 separate characters, and almost tripling the ammount of DK characters we have now :troll:

StormC

Smash Hero
I would really rather just have his King form as default with a Kaptain alternate costume and moves from all his boss battles. King and Kaptain separate would just be too weird.

I’m fond of the Baron costume but I doubt it’ll appear.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I love transformations, but I don't know if K.Rool would work well with it. Yes, he's got a lot of personas, but I feel if he jumbles a bunch of moves, it'd make for a more zany K.Rool-ish style. He should have Kaptain as an alt costume.

And a definite yes for the blunderbuss.

I do hope we can get transformation mechanics back for some of my other favorites, though (Squirtle and Ivy)

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
As for NON transformational moves, I like that K. Rool moveset drawn by Zombie Saurian. I like how it manages to cohesively include so many different aspects of K. Rool into a Smash presentable state. But in terms of transformation mechanics, I think K. Rool has potential. Maybe it can be limited to only changing his specials. But I personally would be happy to see something done with.

StormC

Smash Hero
You think it has anything to do with K. Rool?
Possibly. I doubt this Italian social media account is in the know for who's in Smash. But if there's a DKC6, I think it's more likely than not that it has Kremlings in it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Possibly. I doubt this Italian social media account is in the know for who's in Smash. But if there's a DKC6, I think it's more likely than not that it has Kremlings in it.
It should have Kremlings in it. In the event that we learn K. Rool is not in the game as a playable character, but is not an assist trophy, he and the Kremlings being in the next DKC has to help his chances of getting in as DLC.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I can't imagine it's to hype the TF port because the context makes no sense....

Plus Reggie did mention DK when he did that interview a little ways back when Odyssey came out. Mentioning this new but familiar formula they're trying with their franchises he specifically stated LoZ, Mario, Metroid and DK....all games that have been announced but one. Plus he did the same with Smash before that when talking about the Online service and look what we got....

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
This is certainly exciting news... Tropical Freeze was the reason I bought Wii U. I shouldn't get hyped over a social media post, but it's hard not to when a new DK game is on the line! Though, considering Retro's been working on their game(s) since November 2013, I am curious as to what form the game will take. 2D or 3D? The post implies a sequel to Tropical Freeze, but I think a new 2D DKC would've been completed by now, and a 3D DK is still DK... but, I'm looking too deep into it. Either way, I'll be happy. 8.2 Billion bonus points if Kremlings return (in other words, bring them back!).

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hey guys! I've posted here a long while since the speculation for the new Smash began, huh? But I'm here now just say I'm supporting and if I can, I'll try to spread the word of the king =). I guess I'm being way more active on Discord, but I'm trying my best to mark my presence here too ^-^

There could be a similar scenario in the lead up to the announcement of Tropical Freeze in 2014.

We got Returns on the 3DS then not long after Tropical Freeze was released to much surprise. Different systems though...

I've mentioned this before but I'd love for remastered versions of the original DKC trilogy to be made. Will be a real shot in the arm for the series in general and create renewed interestefor the originals, which can only help The Kremings and other characters causes. Ideally we'd get a new game but I wouldn't be mad if it came to that.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
you guys don't know how much I want a complete trilogy made by Retro!! I was actually without hope, and mildly expecting them to work on something else (StarTropics maybe.. or even a 3D DK, that wouldn't be half bad to be honest!), but if theres smoke.. I'm certain there's fire!

But I have more requests for this potential 3rd game than just putting K. Rool and Kremlings there.. give us more Animal Buddies (Rambi alone is not enough), give Barrels with multiple usage (I miss them so much.. they're integral part of DKC, and now, other interactive objects take its place) and a tag-system with your partner like old days!

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
A 3rd DKCR would be really nice, like the tweet implies, it would be really odd to not round off the last two games with a third one to form a trilogy. I'm praying, man.

StormC

Smash Hero
I want a real Lost World with a bonus boss. And if it's K. Rool, all the better.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Well now that Retro has gotten around to experiment, look to the past, give us a blast, give us our beloved King at last.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
More variety in the bonuses needs to happen! I'd also like for the puzzle pieces to play a bigger role than just bonus art. If the challenges were at least changed up like in earlier games (defeat all the enemies, get to the finish, obstacle courses with animal buddies etc), I'd have a little more incentive to retry levels for bonus stages. Grabbing 100 bananas for every minigame got old after world 2 for me.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
As much as I would love to see K. Rool and his Kremlings come back, I seriously doubt they will in the next DKC game. Granted, Dixie and Funky being brought back in Tropical Freeze gives me some hope, but not much.

:094:

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
I really want more playable DK characters in smash switch. Would love to see both King k. Rool and Dixie. Add me to the supporters list!

StormC

Smash Hero
As much as I would love to see K. Rool and his Kremlings come back, I seriously doubt they will in the next DKC game. Granted, Dixie and Funky being brought back in Tropical Freeze gives me some hope, but not much.

Considering that Nintendo knows by now we want the Kremlings back and the Switch is all about giving the fans what they want... I'm feeling pretty good about them being konfirmed.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR

The cynic in me would like to agree, however Retros president started following the Kremling Kampaign on twitter.. that's pretty indicative that they're aware of the characters wantedness and popularity

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Oh god if this is what Retro has been working on this while time I'ma be a bit disappointed. They're definitely not adding the Kremlins if it's them working on it. Now don't get me wrong, they did such a fantastic job with Returns and especially Tropical Freeze. However, I'd rather someone else take on the series and have Retro work on either a new IP or Prime 4. I just want to see K. Rool back in a DKC game.

StormC

Smash Hero
Oh god if this is what Retro has been working on this while time I'ma be a bit disappointed. They're definitely not adding the Kremlins if it's them working on it. Now don't get me wrong, they did such a fantastic job with Returns and especially Tropical Freeze. However, I'd rather someone else take on the series and have Retro work on either a new IP or Prime 4. I just want to see K. Rool back in a DKC game.
What's with all this sudden doubt with Retro? The Kremlings are back on Nintendo's radar again thanks to the ballot and the president of Retro follows the Kremling Kampaign Twitter. They brought back Dixie and Funky to TF.

Right now, Retro is our best bet to see the Kremlings again.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
What's with all this sudden doubt with Retro? The Kremlings are back on Nintendo's radar again thanks to the ballot and the president of Retro follows the Kremling Kampaign Twitter. They brought back Dixie and Funky to TF.

Right now, Retro is our best bet to see the Kremlings again.
I didn't know Retro followed the Kremlin Kampaign on Twitter, so that that gives me some hope. However, the ballot seemed more like a Smash thing then it being related to anything outside of it. I honestly don't think Nintendo will use it as a form of reference, but I want to be wrong.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If the 3rd one (the Italian post)

Has the kremlins in it

Hail king k rool

I didn't know Retro followed the Kremlin Kampaign on Twitter, so that that gives me some hope. However, the ballot seemed more like a Smash thing then it being related to anything outside of it. I honestly don't think Nintendo will use it as a form of reference, but I want to be wrong.
Incorrect

The votes show who we want in and they are no question going to take atvantage of who was voted for future games for Nintendo.

It's shows who we want.

Top Bottom