• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I wouldn't worry too much about match ups until we finally get to play everyone. Just because Villager / Fox etc have Reflectors doesn't mean that every projectile user is completely screwed against them. You can adapt to your MU. Likewise, other characters have to fear us going in with our golden girthy gut.

The only one i actually see as problematic right off the bat is Rosa, because GP renders our Krown not only useless, but gives it to her to keep or hide. also, I fear that Luma and her hitting us while doing a Super armor move cracks the belly twice in one move...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If King K. Rool's down special is like any of the other Counter attacks, he'll probably have an intangible period before delivering the counterattack; Rosalina and the Ice Climbers would only be able to damage the belly's armor once, just like everyone else.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
The only one i actually see as problematic right off the bat is Rosa, because GP renders our Krown not only useless, but gives it to her to keep or hide. also, I fear that Luma and her hitting us while doing a Super armor move cracks the belly twice in one move...
If this was true, good luck against mewtwo and meta knight lol

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Remember when people thought K. Rool's recovery was going to be trash based off a few seconds of footage?

C-G

Smash Journeyman
So due to boredom and all the footage we got, I decided to do a write up on our boy. Mind you this is ALL THEORETICAL AND BASED ON ASSUMPTION AND FOOTAGE. I mean it, these are educated guesses and theorycraft at it's worst finest

Jab/jab combo: Decently fast, good range and speed. Get off me tool if I ever saw one, unlikely to KO. Not amazing jabs like other heavies, but has it's place, especially in the boxing game. Usefulness: 6/10

Dash Attack:
You're here for the armor. The move is decently fast on startup and has a good hitbox, but the insanse end lag it has puts it squarely in hard read territory. Use sparingly. Usefulness: 6/10 vs projectile heavy matchups, 3/10 everywhere else

Ftilt: The Klaw Klap seems to be a decent neutral kill move with good knockback. This is probably your go-to fishing kill move. Recovers decently and seems disjointed, but can't confirm. Primarily useful after setting up traps and frustrating the opponent. Usefulness: 6/10

Utilt: This move looks great. Even if it's not disjointed at all, it covers an important angle for K Rool: the 45 degree above him, where all the people are going to go when dancing around his projectiles. That it also hits in front of him means it can catch roll-ins too. This is your ideal defensive tool for people on the approach. Usefulness: 9/10

Dtilt: This is a hard one. It's got good range with the shockwave (that thankfully hits above ground), but the shockwave is more annoying than anything. The bury sweetspot is mad close in comparison, but it's a freaking bury. That has to be useful. I see this move being your counterpart for aggressive grab moves. If you've got them shielding with your projectiles, they'll expect a run up grab. Use this move to beat spot dodges and rollbacks when being oppressive. The big determining factor will be how safe it is on shield. I expect at range is safe and up close, not so much. Usefulness: 5/10

Fsmash:
Hits really, really, really hard. Killed Ken at Midstage Smashville when he was at 70 and Diddy who was buried at 100 for roughly the same distance. This will be your go to kill move in Dtilt/Dthrow combos. Another really straightforward move. Usefulness: 7/10

Usmash: This is another odd duck. The jump part comes out really quick, but the falling part and the ending lag afterward put this squarely into hard read territory. This is (I believe) one of your Belly Armor moves and as such can be useful to deal with up close harassers that like to stay super close. But this is not the move I would reach for first when you have a lot of other, better options for kills, for spacing, and for armor at point blank range. Instead, there are two niche uses I can see this move having. First is edgeguarding. We've confirmed the move has a spike hitbox. If the armor carries over and hits below himself, this could be a real problem for people who have trouble grabbing the ledge (looking at you Bayo). The second is low % buries. While Fsmash is a reliable option, I see Usmash being the answer for 'What if the opponent wiggles out fast enough?'. Usmash's angle of dropping onto someone should catch them even if they jump out early with a Fsmash. Usefulness: 5/10, but needs a lot of testing and theorycrafting

Dsmash: This is the 'Armor through your stuff Reversal' move I expect to see the most. Another Belly Move, this one jumps over your opponent, catches both sides, and is likely armored. I really want to see this vs someone who likes to rush in, then watch as they unexpectedly go under me as they dash or roll. That is, however, exactly as much interest as I'm willing to entertain for this move. Usefulness: 5/10

Nair: Your life. This may be one of the best moves I've seen in this game. It's a giant ball of armor that comes out fairly quick, has minimal lag, does decent %, and covers the all important 45 degree angle. It helps you land, it's your safe-ish reversal out of shield, it walls out opponents. The only downside is that you can't really spam it due to how his armor works. Oh, and it probably doesn't kill early/at all. But other than that? Go nuts, this move is fantastic. Usefulness: 10/10

Fair: A pretty good dropkick move with minimal lag and halfway decent stats across the board. It autocancels in it's early active frames as well. It's linear hitbox means it will be most useful on stage rather than offstage, which is OK with me While all your other moves will be making flashy kills and being cool and interesting, Fair is the move that just puts in work even if you don't realize it. Usefulness: 8/10

Bair: Ganon Fair. This is probably the go-to off stage move, as despite the lag it has a good hitbox for hitting aerial opponents, it KOs really early, and of course it has a spike on it. What was holding Ganon back however was that he was never allowed to go deep with it. K Rool is not restricted in this way, and can eagerly follow the opponent to the blast zone and recover with almost no issues. It's not my first choice on stage due to the startup and end lag, but that's because K Rools aerials are all extremely potent in their own ways. Usefulness 8/10

Uair: The hitbox seems to be his entire head, so at least there's that. This move is another early kill move, but it's hitbox doesn't cover a lot of area so I don't think it's good for juggles, just executions. Combo Ender at best. Usefulness: 5/10

Dair: A really good but basic spike. Seems to have a bit of a hitbox below the feet too. Because of how he's able to go so deep, incredibly potent, if a little straightforward and undercut by other spikes in his kit. Usefulness: 7/10

FThrow: A dunk in front of him that bounces them away. MIGHT be combo material at low percent, pretty useless at high percents. Usefulness: 4/10 as is

BThrow: Another 'toss them away' move. Definitely NOT combo material. Might be a kill throw, but that's really not in any short supply here. Usefulness: 3/10

Uthrow: Another very likely kill throw move. Looks mad cool, but we need to see knockback to know how important this move is. Usefulness: 6/10

Dthrow: It's a bury. A BURY! ON A HEAVY. If you grab someone, you combo from it. That's it. We need to know how easy it is to wiggle out of first, but footage has shown not easy at high percents. Usefullness: 9/10

Blunderbuss: This is basically two moves so I'm treating it as such.

Cannonball: A slow moving, fairly damaging cannonball. This will be your main form of tempo control. It is something the opponent must address, but should always have a way to deal with. It's slow to come out and semi-slow to put away, so use with caution. You can act once the cannonball has gotten about 1/3rd of Smashville away from you. The main goal is to force a reaction from your foe and act upon what they do. If they take a defensive option, such as block, dodge, or reflect, use this opportunity to get in close. If they jump over it, roll through it, or take an aggressive approach, move to intercept. Either way, the Cannonball is a useful, but not mandatory tool. Just don't try to win any projectile wars with Link or Villager. Usefulness: 8/10

Suction: Suction's main attraction is being able to suck in projectiles and shoot them back. Again, do not think this is enough in a genuine projectile war. The actual animation of shooting something back is laggy and only deals with one projectile. It will not help vs A Mega man throwing Blades and Pellets all at once at you. This also serves as an answer to people trying to approach you when you shoot the cannonball. A nice gesture, but since you can just NOT do the suction, it's better to just shield or something instead to prep your counter attack. That said, you can do a fair bit of mixups with your opponent due to being able to choose whether you want to shoot or suck. See someone make an approach as you pull out the Blunderbuss? Switch to Suction and try to grab them instead. It's not much but it's something. Usefulness: 5/10

Krown Toss: This move is amazing. A boomerang move that you can act during, goes through shields instead of returning (the only Boomerang to do so so far), and pops them up in place. It controls a lot of area, you can act while it's making the return trip, and purportedly has Super Armor (belly move?). Which is why it's so unfortunate it also counts as an item. If your opponent catches it, you can find yourself out a resource for an extended period, while also giving your foe ammunition to use against you. Do not be scared to throw it, just be cautious.: the move has too many uses to not be a part of your tool kit despite it's drawback. Usefulness: 7/10

Propeller: Fantastic recovery move across the board. Protects you from spikes and goes a LONG distance that can let you got mad deep for edgeguarding. Be careful of being hit from the sides though. Usefulness: 9/10

Belly Counter: On the surface, looks like a basic counter. However, there are a few lingering questions to it. Does it counter behind him? Can it reflect projectiles? How does the Belly Armor play into this, if at all? If it's just a basic counter, whatever, no big deal. Usefulness: At least 5/10 with the potential for more

K rool is a character that wants to disrupt your opponent's gameplan. You aggressive? Armor and counter. You playing runaway? Throw out projectiles to make you approach. Projectiles? Suck up your stuff and make an opening. He has the tools to compete no matter what you want to do and can follow up effectively against pretty much any option. K Rool wants to trade with you, as every trade he makes ends favorably due to how high his knockback is and how much % he dishes out. The flowchart, uber basic gameplan should be to use your projectiles to force them to approach you, then beat out their approach options with the appropriate countermeasure. Once they get in close, try to land a grab if they shield or a tilt if they are being aggressive. If they approach you in a way you weren't prepared to deal with, Nair can let you escape and make them approach again, or oppress them and make them scare to press a button. Whichever one is more useful will depend on the matchup and change on a situation to situation basis. Once they are in your claws, you're only looking for one solid hit hit them away really, really hard and restart the process. When looking for the kill on stage, prioritize grabs, tilts and well spaced aerials(Fair and Bair). Smashes and other hard reads can lead to big punish if guessed incorrectly, but sometimes you need to remind them you're a king and you brought in the Armor Of Respect-My-Normals.

Other than being on the slower side, K Rool's two biggest weaknesses are dedicated projectile users and swords. K Rool does not have the tools he needs to deal with more than two projectiles at once headed his way. He can deal with lots of singular projectiles like Fireballs and Grenades just fine, as his suction and armor would be effective against his enemy. But multiple projectiles at once will overwhelm his defenses easy. Villager and Mega Man can be frightening fights as a result. It's also worth noting that said projectiles are often not worth using one of your somewhat laggy reversal options as the opponent would recover first. As far as swords, a more accurate term would be disjointed hitboxes. K Rool's moves are very linear and slow. He has trouble dealing with the likes of a Marth Fair that covers a cone shaped area. These cones can hit from angles he has no answer to, and can force K Rool to use laggier moves more often to try and beat or compete with them. Try to exploit their lack of projectiles to your advantage and keep them off the ground where they can formulate their approaches.

Prioritize Final Destination and similar stages. As I mentioned previously, K Rool attacks in straight lines, between his two projectiles and his aerials hitting the three cardinal directions. He can attack through or around platforms, but his mortal enemies (Swordsmen, Projectile users) make FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR better use of platforms than you will. Other than FD, mono-platform stages and duo-platform stages are your best bet. Tri-Platforms are a no-no.

StormC

Smash Hero
Remember when people thought K. Rool's recovery was going to be trash based off a few seconds of footage?
I was actually pretty optimistic from the trailer footage, specifically, the showcase video, where they showed K. Rool flying backwards with it. It seemed like it gave him a lot of flexibility, but obviously a few seconds were hard to ascertain from.

...never in my wildest dreams did I expect his recovery to be this good. Like holy crap. He can fly in from the blast zone. That's INSANE. And he's likely the heaviest character in the game, meaning killing him is going to be very difficult.

Paying 20 bucks a year for mediocre online will be worth it to throw my weight around as the King. I'm dying to get my hands on him.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Saw this article earlier today and thought you guys might appreciate it:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...boy_color_games_from_the_mid_to_late_nineties

Also, description of the King's amiibo, done justice (albeit with a typo or two).

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...where_to_buy_ridley_wolf_king_k_rool_and_more
King K. Rool is the malevolent leader of the Kremling Krew known to be mad, bossy, power-hungry tyrant, thief, irritated and megalomaniac. He repeatedly orders his right-hand Klump or others minions to steal Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong's Banana Hoard, kidnapping Kong Family members and get powerful objects for his goals.
That may be the most PERFECT description of the king ever. Nintendo/Sakurai have really done him justice without the help of Rare. I remember during speculation we were all wondering how would Sakurai/Nintendo handle the king in Smash and I gotta say they did him justice. They kept his personality more in line with the Rare era than the Paon era (Paon kinda made K.Rool a bit too soft and generic). People have the NERVE to call K.Rool a "Bowser knock-off"

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I didn't exactly think that K. Rool's recovery would be bad, since I did think about armor when making my special move concepts. However, I more envisioned K. Rool to have good air speed, and that apparently isn't the case.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm copying over the text of the letter I received from Nintendo this morning, responding to the thank-you letter so many of you signed a few months ago. Needless to say, this is extremely touching, and I don't think there could be a better culmination for the years of grassroots support that brought K. Rool back, from being an "irrelevant" has-been to a perfectly faithful mainstay standing shoulder to shoulder with the company's all-stars.

"Dear King K. Rool Fans:

Thank you very much for the thoughtful letter you sent us. Our sincere apologies for the delayed reply. We were flattered to receive it! We also love the fan art that came alongside the letter. It's clear that plenty of care and effort went into both. While Mr. Sakurai is unable to reply directly due to his busy schedule, rest assured that he shares your excitement and love for King K. Rool. He's hard at work making sure the Kremling king is ready to brawl when Super Smash Bros. Ultimate launches on December 7, 2018.

In your letter, you mentioned the thousands of King K. Rool fans who were ecstatic to hear about the character's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The sheer passion and love our fans have for our characters means the world to everyone here. We truly can't thank you enough for it. We're excited to show off just what King K. Rool is capable of as he dukes it out with all the other fantastic fighters that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has on its massive roster.

As a token of appreciation for all the support you've shown for Nintendo over the years, we've included some small gifts* with this letter that we hope helps make the wait for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate just a little bit easier. Thank you again for everything you've done to help bring King K. Rool to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. He's raring to battle, and we hope you are too!

Sincerely,

NINTENDO OF AMERICA INC.
[Signature from Consumer Services Representative]"

* = the gifts were three nicely-designed bookmarks with artwork from Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Alright its time to theorize his worst MUs

In order: (roughly take it with a grain of salt)

:ultvillager:: Oh lordy this is going to be painful, due to k rool being a big chonk the slingshot and gyro are going to decimate him since, while he has good mobility, he’ll be able to snipe him in the air if he tries ignoring lloid rocket, any attempt to out wall villager is futile due to his pocket stealing crown and instanty making the MU a -3, whats so bad about pocket is the fact that he doesnt neccessarily have to have it out on the field in order to hold it from k rool he can just keep it in his pocket and pull it out then put it back in to renew the timer. K rool can’t get in, can’t make it past the spam, and can’t really catch him or contest his stage control. One of K rool’s biggest problems in this match is his recovery, propeller is a sitting duck for a falling bowling ball or tree. K rool’s only real hope for this MU is getting some jank with dthrow or his surprisingly good up close options, then you realize that his moves are slowish and are all prey for villagers disjoints in uair and dair, as well as his jab, which just shreds his stomach armor. Worst part is villager is small and isnt even that heavy so he wont be dying super early to a stray jank. This is easily a -1.5 or -2 matchup. Its so bad for K rool especially factoring in villagers new actually good grab game and up close attacks.

:ultmetaknight:: He’s fast, has good disjoints, multiple jumps to get past k rools very ground level projectiles, and he’s combo heavy, he’s also p small which lets him in a way slide under most of k rools aerials I think, then there’s the air camping, I dont actually think he has a way past MK’s silly multiple jumps dair antics. If he does then some one tell me off please. Meta knight can also go super damn deep with dair off stage or drag down fair/bair. Basically this MU is meta knight winning every aerial trade that happens and k rool can’t really keep up with dash attack or dtilt mind games. He’s basically marth but with actual consistant kill power. Fsmash and dsmash will not be good for krool since theyre fast disjoints. MK also gets way too much off of a simple aerial or dash attack against him considering he’s a big. K rool can play really stupid with his grab and kill MK from there but thats pretty much all he has in this matchup. The dair camping will be WAAY too strong for him especially. That, and most of his attacks shred through the armor. Imo its gonna be a -1.5 or -1 not as bad as villager but still kinda iffy.

:ultmewtwo:: Not as bad as you’d think but its still kinda terribad for k rool, since k rool is mostly projectiles, being able to reflect that and having fast(ish) disjoints can be hell, nair in of itself can be really bad for k rool, and fair is really good too since it means he’ll also be killing k rool at 120 or so. K rool is also gonna hate shadow ball spam. There is a worry about dying early off of a few misreads which is why this is only -1 or -.5 for me

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Did they really write raring for battle?

And how do you cut 3 bookmarks in 1000 pieces?

That's cool, though. It's still surreal to see K. Rool in everything.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm copying over the text of the letter I received from Nintendo this morning, responding to the thank-you letter so many of you signed a few months ago. Needless to say, this is extremely touching, and I don't think there could be a better culmination for the years of grassroots support that brought K. Rool back, from being an "irrelevant" has-been to a perfectly faithful mainstay standing shoulder to shoulder with the company's all-stars.

"Dear King K. Rool Fans:

Thank you very much for the thoughtful letter you sent us. Our sincere apologies for the delayed reply. We were flattered to receive it! We also love the fan art that came alongside the letter. It's clear that plenty of care and effort went into both. While Mr. Sakurai is unable to reply directly due to his busy schedule, rest assured that he shares your excitement and love for King K. Rool. He's hard at work making sure the Kremling king is ready to brawl when Super Smash Bros. Ultimate launches on December 7, 2018.

In your letter, you mentioned the thousands of King K. Rool fans who were ecstatic to hear about the character's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The sheer passion and love our fans have for our characters means the world to everyone here. We truly can't thank you enough for it. We're excited to show off just what King K. Rool is capable of as he dukes it out with all the other fantastic fighters that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has on its massive roster.

As a token of appreciation for all the support you've shown for Nintendo over the years, we've included some small gifts* with this letter that we hope helps make the wait for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate just a little bit easier. Thank you again for everything you've done to help bring King K. Rool to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. He's raring to battle, and we hope you are too!

Sincerely,

NINTENDO OF AMERICA INC.
[Signature from Consumer Services Representative]"

* = the gifts were three nicely-designed bookmarks with artwork from Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Aw shucks happy the letter got to them. Sure is amazing so much though and detail went into King K. Rool's moveset. Thank you Nintendo and Masahiro Sakurai you've been great in bringing the Kremling king back and we are truly grateful. You rock looking forward to playing him and the game.

Glad all turned out for the best.

Thanks for the update BKupa666 this is great. Awesome for sure.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Amazing. It's so apparent Sakurai put as much love into K. Rool as he possibly could, withe every bit of new footage we get. I'm really proud to have been a part of this movement with you all over the years, and here's to much more K. Rool in Smash and beyond!

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I always figured that a speedy-ish, mobile heavyweight with projectiles and a counterattack would be a good character for me, since I like to play defensively and King K. Rool looks like one of the best characters at living for a long time. But between the super armor, the amazing recovery, and the buries making the down throw a great "get off me" tool... oh boy. I'm going to be using K. Rool a lot.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I didn't make it onto the thank you letter but I think this community has well and made its point. Not gonna sweat it too much, after all I will be buying the game.

I just want to say thank you to BKupa666 BKupa666 and everyone who signed that and helped get the wheels in motion. Feels great to be in such a gracious subset of a subset of a community. Hopefully that doesn't sound ugly but yeah, feels good man.

/soapbox

StormC

Smash Hero
Zero has apparently just streamed his thoughts on Smash Ultimate and he thinks K. Rool might be one of the best characters in the game.

But hey, he'd just be another useless slow heavyweight, right?

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Zero has apparently just streamed his thoughts on Smash Ultimate and he thinks K. Rool might be one of the best characters in the game.

Uh oh
BRAWL DEDEDE
Also zero is really bad in his opinions nowadays

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Have we figured out how his belly breaking works? I saw this that could be sucky.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Have we figured out how his belly breaking works? I saw this that could be sucky.

Isn't this just a way to beat him? Literally just hit his chest plate and he's dead

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Gonna go ahead and say that Top Tier Player thoughts on a Demo aren't really...........worth anything.

The Event Mask

Smash Cadet
I think the idea with his belly breaking is that he has a lot of super armor on a lot of his moves that aren't just his special moves. Most other characters that have super armor, it normally only applies to their specials in most cases. At least one of K Rool's aerials has super armor which I don't think anyone else has that but I could be wrong on that.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

It probably would've been better if Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard were separated from Pokemon Trainer. Anyway, since this is just demo thoughts, we'll have to see how the actual game plays out.

Thundross

Smash Rookie

They explained on Treehouse that several of his moves have super armor. If his belly gets hit 3 times while the super armor is active, he's stunned. However, his belly regenerates pretty quickly from the hits, like 3-5 seconds.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Has anyone noticed if K. Rool looks at the camera at all during his move set? There are so many things we have noticed thus far. It would be great to have a list of all of them and which game they are referencing. I'm sure this is something many of us will do in the future after scanning through his abilities. I just noticed that he slightly flaps his arms when UP B wears off. xD That is amazing...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
They explained on Treehouse that several of his moves have super armor. If his belly gets hit 3 times while the super armor is active, he's stunned. However, his belly regenerates pretty quickly from the hits, like 3-5 seconds.
So I'm assuming that even attacks that deal flinchless damage can affect King K. Rool's armor then. That could be bad news if King K. Rool is facing Fox, as Fox could spam his Blaster to break through the armor, and then take advantage of K. Rool's dizzy weakness.

Of course, I could be missing something about the belly armor's mechanics.

Kulty

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
D

Deleted member

Looking great and raring to battle King K. Rool.

Will be great.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So I'm assuming that even attacks that deal flinchless damage can affect King K. Rool's armor then. That could be bad news if King K. Rool is facing Fox, as Fox could spam his Blaster to break through the armor, and then take advantage of K. Rool's dizzy weakness.

I don't know what Fox in his right mind would fire his blaster when K. Rool is in range to use his armoured moves.

D

Deleted member

Lots of characters might be a problem but I think King K. Rool players, will come up.

With some great stuff, to counter it.

No doubt.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't know what Fox in his right mind would fire his blaster when K. Rool is in range to use his armoured moves.
In theory, if the armor breaks, K. Rool wouldn't be able to execute his attack. As for Fox, using the Blaster at close range wouldn't be the smartest move, but assuming that K. Rool's dash has an active belly armor period, the rapid fire rate of the Blaster could potentially deal enough hits to break the armor. However, this would be a rather situational dilemma, and K. Rool could just perform a dash grab instead.

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman

I’m hoping with what we see, he doesn’t even touch the bottom tier list.

Isn't this just a way to beat him? Literally just hit his chest plate and he's dead

I hope there’s a certain percentage that it takes to break his belly. If they do some du b **** like with what they did to Dedede’s Gordo being hit back by only 2% damage, imma be mad and that would make me drop K. Rool right there. I haven’t seen much gameplay of K. Rool since the direct, so I’m not actually sure how the super armor clashes work visually.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
From the matches I've seen of K. Rool online from YouTube, and a few streams that had the game I've only ever seen the belly break in that footage in the Tweet. I've diving into K. Rool footage headfirst, I don't know... I'm not too worried about it, it doesn't seem very easy to do. Unless your stupidly spamming Nair every second and getting traded I dont think it will too much of an issue.. but who knows until the game is in our hands

Top Bottom