• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
King K. Rool’s animations look so charming and his moveset seems so fun, and that punch at the end of the trailer, simply beautiful!
Kongratulations everyone, the King is finally here!

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
My first DK game was DK Land, then Country 2, then Land 3, then Country, then Land 2, then finally Country 3. (All on Gameboy SP) Then of course Country Returns and Tropical Freeze, then finally 64 on the Virtual Console.

I love all of them.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
So guys, time for the big question... will K. Rool's Blunderbuss be able to fire off the spiked version of his kannonball and the colored gases that do different effects or do you think he'll only be able to fire off a kannonball and that's it?
I doubt the gases are going to happen, or the spiked cannonballs.

Realistically we still have some spaces in moves left for references, but if they happen I expect them to be to other moves. For example, firing his blunderbuss flames behind him would still make sense as a back air, and he could still have a DK64 Ground Pound as a Down Smash or (preferably not) Down Air.

D

Deleted member

I dunno if it was already shared here but:

His name is fine as it is, right?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I doubt the gases are going to happen, or the spiked cannonballs.

Realistically we still have some spaces in moves left for references, but if they happen I expect them to be to other moves. For example, firing his blunderbuss flames behind him would still make sense as a back air, and he could still have a DK64 Ground Pound as a Down Smash or (preferably not) Down Air.
Hmm... well, maybe they just haven't shown off the full functionality of his blunderbuss yet and that they are there? Again, just a guess, but I understand if Sakurai decided to leave them out.

Honestly, I just want the King to have a pretty cool meteor smash: maybe he could punch downwards or something like that?

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Now that K. Rool is finally in, I hope a lot of you guys or DK fans in general throw support towards Dixie getting in.

The DK franchise still doesn't have perfect representation in Smash without Dixie.
I've always been on team Dixie and I do still want her in. BUT after the exhausting 17 year wait for K.Rool through all the online arguments, speculation, rumors/leaks I needed a rest. I thought I was gonna retire from here because the goal has been met. But after seeing all of you in here celebrating I just couldn't bring myself to leave. So yes I will start posting in the Dixie support thread as well. She is literally the only character I REALLY want left in Smash. Everyone else is just a nice bonus.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
So King K. Rool threw a wrench into my ideas for a villain faction.
Would he join Bowser/Ganondorf/Ridley/Wolf for planning nefarious plots, or would he be a rogue agent? If he did join, what role would he be in the team, and who would he work well with?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I dunno if it was already shared here but:

His name is fine as it is, right?
The punny name is what makes him so endearing. I've always loved it.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
One of the best things about K. Rool and the RARE games is that they always knew how to poke fun of themselves.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Would he join Bowser/Ganondorf/Ridley/Wolf for planning nefarious plots, or would he be a rogue agent? If he did join, what role would he be in the team, and who would he work well with?
Good thing I don't have to make that choice because first thing once I unlock all of them is going into that 5v5 Squad battle mode and having Bowser, Ridley, K.Rool, Wolf, and Ganondorf vs. Mario, Samus, DK, Fox, and Link.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Oh, these debates from the Ridley Social...

I am still absolutely of the opinion that Ganondorf would be the highest ranking character on the list. His villainy is of the "wants to control from the back, and allow his minions to do the dirty work" style. Ridley would be the main enforcer - Ridley loves to do what he's best at, and killing is his game. I'm sure there would be a bit of minor friction between the two of them, but Ridley wouldn't want to give up his mayhem spree and Ganondorf wouldn't want to get his hands too dirty, so they actually funciton well so long as that understanding exists. They'd just keep one eye on their backs just in case.

Bowser and K.Rool also are also enforcers underneath, but I don't see them being particularly effective. Both are capable enough - K.Rool as the gadget guy and Bowser as the one who thinks he's important, but neither realize they're being manipulated by Ganon behind the scenes.

Beyond them, Wolf, Meta Knight/Dedede, and Wario are rogues who they call on if necessary, but don't trust.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
I just realised something...
WE HAVEN'T SEEN HIS VICTORY ANIMATIONS.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Maybe his King Krusha K Rool "Thank yooouu", where he throws his fist into the air, could be one of his victory animations.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Oh, these debates from the Ridley Social...

I am still absolutely of the opinion that Ganondorf would be the highest ranking character on the list. His villainy is of the "wants to control from the back, and allow his minions to do the dirty work" style. Ridley would be the main enforcer - Ridley loves to do what he's best at, and killing is his game. I'm sure there would be a bit of minor friction between the two of them, but Ridley wouldn't want to give up his mayhem spree and Ganondorf wouldn't want to get his hands too dirty, so they actually funciton well so long as that understanding exists. They'd just keep one eye on their backs just in case.

Bowser and K.Rool also are also enforcers underneath, but I don't see them being particularly effective. Both are capable enough - K.Rool as the gadget guy and Bowser as the one who thinks he's important, but neither realize they're being manipulated by Ganon behind the scenes.

Beyond them, Wolf, Meta Knight/Dedede, and Wario are rogues who they call on if necessary, but don't trust.
How does Dark Samus fit in?

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
One final thing I should address to all of you on the K. Rool thread (Now that the King has finally been announced)!

If you all still ask, beg, or even harass Nintendo or Sakurai over K. Rool being included in Smash Bros Ultimate (The same can be said for the other characters who just got announced) in a similar manner related to what's happening to Waluigi supporters (Or anything else that would be considered moronic)! Your a ****ing ****** (Nuff said)!

Last edited:

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
Just an interesting note, according to Steve Mayles, the guy who created King K. Rool's design, turned out to have not been contacted or consulted by Nintendo on K. Rool's representation in Smash. For not consulting the original creators, Sakurai and the team did a mighty fine job recreating the original animations in 3D / capturing his personality.

Steve Mayles saying he wasn't involved:
https://twitter.com/WinkySteve/status/1027532199829098497

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
Good thing I don't have to make that choice because first thing once I unlock all of them is going into that 5v5 Squad battle mode and having Bowser, Ridley, K.Rool, Wolf, and Ganondorf vs. Mario, Samus, DK, Fox, and Link.
I'm quite frankly surprised that's not how they chose to show off that mode.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So guys, time for the big question... will K. Rool's Blunderbuss be able to fire off the spiked version of his kannonball and the colored gases that do different effects or do you think he'll only be able to fire off a kannonball and that's it?
You'd probably be heading towards the custom specials department with that thought, but right now, the custom specials fate is still a complete mystery.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Just an interesting note, according to Steve Mayles, the guy who created King K. Rool's design, turned out to have not been contacted or consulted by Nintendo on K. Rool's representation in Smash. For not consulting the original creators, Sakurai and the team did a mighty fine job recreating the original animations in 3D / capturing his personality.

Steve Mayles saying he wasn't involved:
https://twitter.com/WinkySteve/status/1027532199829098497
That's actually very interesting! Hot damn. Glad he seems to be very pleased about his creation! Same for the guy who gave him the name within 5 minutes lol.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
One final thing I should address to all of you on the K. Rool thread (Now that the King has finally been announced)!

If you all still ask, beg, or even harass Nintendo or Sakurai over K. Rool being included in Smash Bros Ultimate (The same can be said for the other characters who just got announced) in a similar manner related to what's happening to Waluigi supporters (Or anything else that would be considered moronic)! Your a ****ing ****** (Nuff said)!
Errm... excuse me?

Firstly why would anyone here be doing any of this over the character we want that they announced as playable yesterday? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Secondly, it's a couple of Waluigi supporters who sent K Rool idiotic memes - and I'm confident that everyone here agrees that it was unacceptable. Stop blowing it out of proportion.

Even at the lowest point in Smash 4 speculation after K Rool was effectively disconfirmed during the Mii costume, I never saw anyone here think it was remotely acceptable to harass Sakurai. We are all here celebrating that Sakurai has brought back a beloved character, and even those who have some qualms with e.g. the design being less Rare influenced than they would like are all extremely grateful for it, and you think it's important to come in here with some self-righteous message about doing the exact opposite of what we are doing. What is that supposed to achieve?

I hope you don't intend on doing this for every group of fans every time something good happens to them. Noone will appreciate it. Just let us sit and hype over the fact the character we've wanted for years (in some cases, decades) is finally here and we'll pay you the courtesy of hoping that you get the same opportunity.

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
I can't stop watching the trailer over and over, and people's reactions as well, it that ok ?
It's like a dream becoming true, it still feels unreal to me.

We all though K.Rool needed to comeback in his own serie first to become relevant again for Smash.
But the exact opposite might happen : Smash revived him, people are hype, and Nintendo has to see this.
They need to bring the krems back in DKC games.
Of course I also need Dixie and want Medusa, but for now I'll still enjoy this victory, it's like a freak*** war finally over.
Ridley, Dark Samus AND K.Rool.
Just wow, I love you all K.Rool and Smash fans.

They just used their best cards, it can't be, what can be better than that ?
I can't think of any other reveal that could top the ones we alwready got.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
The irony is not lost on me that you're calling us a derogatory name when you yourself don't know the difference between "your" and "you're".

Also just let people be happy so long as they're not hurting or annoying anyone?

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
I even love the fact that the body slam move is a reference to Donkey Kong Land. The Smash team literally went all out with the K. Rool references. He looks perfect.

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
Yep this is what I'm saying. To a casual gamer, K Rool is pretty much unknown. To a serious gamer who has never delved into Smash speculation or played an old DKC game, he's equally unknown. But to a Donkey Kong fan and a Smash Bros fan, his character has been immortalized. He's an icon to the gamers that will buy Ultimate, the ones that will support future Donkey Kong games. And ultimately, isn't that what adding fan favorites is all about?
With hindsight being 20/20 I think K Rool could only be an announcement in a Smash direct. Your point that only Smash fans and DK fans really know how beloved and wanted this character was is true. I think a more recent character will be announced in a general direct and then some more fan favorites in a likely second smash direct sometime in November.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
You'd probably be heading towards the custom specials department with that thought, but right now, the custom specials fate is still a complete mystery.
Well, if custom moves make a return this time around, I'm hoping they are made so much easier to unlock.

In my opinion, if they do return, all of them for that character should be unlocked once you obtain the character in the theoretical single player mode. Or alternatively, just make it so that whenever you get a new custom move, it's guaranteed to be a new one, although the former idea to me would be much better.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Did anyone here accurately predict his final smash?
It was one of a few suggestions thrown around iirc.

Other popular ones were credits, a large cannonball barrage, and King Kut-Out. The Giant K Rool from Jungle Climber was mentioned but generally wasn't popular.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I don’t think K. Rool could stomach the idea of not being at the top of the food chain, the head honcho, the big boss. It’s clear he thinks very highly of himself and his intellect, and for that reason I don’t think he could even stand to play nice with the other villains enough to join forces and work together. To K. Rool, there are two types of people: his underlings, and his enemies.

As an aside, in Mario Super Sluggers (the last game our king appeared in prior to yesterday), Bowser and K. Rool had the lowest possible level of chemistry when put on a team together. It’s assumed their egos are just too big to work together, even for a common goal.

Which is kinda odd considering K. Rool had great chemistry with King Boo, lol

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Do you guys believe Dixie still have a chance? It feels kinda weird to let her out of the party now that we have Donkey, Diddy and K. Rool.
Of course I do.
Dark Samus was not revealed with Ridley.
So, I don't see a reason why Dixie Kong needs to be revealed with K. Rool. :)

cybersai

Smash Ace
Do you guys believe Dixie still have a chance? It feels kinda weird to let her out of the party now that we have Donkey, Diddy and K. Rool.
Yes, Dixie is an easy echo. Dark Samus wasn't shown in Ridley's trailer.

Dixie has to get in if Sakurai seriously thought Dark Samus, Daisy or Chrom were more requested than her.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I don’t think K. Rool could stomach the idea of not being at the top of the food chain, the head honcho, the big boss. It’s clear he thinks very highly of himself and his intellect, and for that reason I don’t think he could even stand to play nice with the other villains enough to join forces and work together. To K. Rool, there are two types of people: his underlings, and his enemies.

As an aside, in Mario Super Sluggers (the last game our king appeared in prior to yesterday), Bowser and K. Rool had the lowest possible level of chemistry when put on a team together. It’s assumed their egos are just too big to work together, even for a common goal.

Which is kinda odd considering K. Rool had great chemistry with King Boo, lol
Well King Boo's ego isn't anywhere near the size of those two. Maybe it's just general royalty stuff they bond over.

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
Dixie still has a good chance for an echo spot. Now that we know that echoes can borrow from more than one character she can also take some moves from DK such as his recovery but she uses her hair instead. I can't remember if I saw it here but I like the idea of Dixie using her hair to grab and hold people like DK's cargo throw.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
Yeah after thinking about it from yesterday if K. Rool can make it Dixie is certain. Unfortunately she will probably be a clone/echo but I think thats enough (even though she does warrant being a unique character in her own right)

As said Dark Samus wasn't in ridley's and if Metroid can get two characters so can DK. Also we haven't had a new DK stage either? So theres still the chance of that with her as well.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I’d say Dixie still has a fair shot, with Dark Samus being shown independent from Ridley’s grand reveal.
Chrom has Aether for an up-special despite being linked to Roy, so I see no reason why Dixie couldn’t inherit Spinning Kong while being Diddy’s echo. It’s not an ideal scenerio, but I think it would be a more than fair compromise over getting nothing!

Last edited:
Top Bottom