• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
God I seriously cringe at that cartoon.

Funny because I used to love it back in the day lol.
I remember days when I would be sick and stay home from school. And look for the DK cartoon.
But then it would never be on because it was already off the air.

Strong DK

Smash Apprentice
I have a question for all of you guys here, and it is...

How would you feel if K. Rool was revealed to be playable in this game, BUT he was a clone of Donkey Kong or Bowser (without the fire breath of course)?
Very disappointing but at least he would be in

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't be pleased at all.
I want K. Rool to be K. Rool, nothing less.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi player

Smash Master
So this is live again, hehe. Good times were had, but our hopes crushed. He probably has even less of a chance now than before.

I'd be happy if the DK franchise got even one more new rep... even if it's Funky as a DK clone (even though Funky would be one of my last choices as a DK rep). Idk, DK games got scarce and with Tropical Freezes Switch port it stays stagnant except for Funky.
DK would easily deserve 2 more reps, though (I always wanted K. Rool and Dixie), but somehow I'm really pessimistic about the new character additions and everywhere I look people want characters of new franchises instead of more of existing ones (the latter being what I want, since I don't care about all other weird new franchises or 3rd parties too much).

Not trying to be too negative here, though. K. Rool is my 2nd most wanted addition (after Knuckles, which I never thought of having a chance anyway), I guess nothing's impossible, eh?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So this is live again, hehe. Good times were had, but our hopes crushed. He probably has even less of a chance now than before.

I'd be happy if the DK franchise got even one more new rep... even if it's Funky as a DK clone (even though Funky would be one of my last choices as a DK rep). Idk, DK games got scarce and with Tropical Freezes Switch port it stays stagnant except for Funky.
DK would easily deserve 2 more reps, though (I always wanted K. Rool and Dixie), but somehow I'm really pessimistic about the new character additions and everywhere I look people want characters of new franchises instead of more of existing ones (the latter being what I want, since I don't care about all other weird new franchises or 3rd parties too much).

Not trying to be too negative here, though. K. Rool is my 2nd most wanted addition (after Knuckles, which I never thought of having a chance anyway), I guess nothing's impossible, eh?
I don't know why people think Funky would be a DK clone. He's bipedal for a start, DK's moveset literally wouldn't fit his character in any way, and Funky has that board that would make him unbelievably unique.

If any Kong could work as a DK clone (semi), it'd be Kiddy.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I don't know why people think Funky would be a DK clone. He's bipedal for a start, DK's moveset literally wouldn't fit his character in any way, and Funky has that board that would make him unbelievably unique.

He'd probably have his own specials but share most of DK's standards.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I honestly doubt it, and I think that Funky is a very plausible newcomer this time tbh.
I think he's going to be in, but that doesn't mean he's gonna be 100% original. Characters chances go way up when they can get away with reusing assets for them. Funky can already use DK's model, as well as many animations. He only needs some unique specials for people to not complain, so why go through the effort of giving him an entirely unique kit, when you can just throw the surfboard on like 4 attacks and call it a day?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think he's going to be in, but that doesn't mean he's gonna be 100% original. Characters chances go way up when they can get away with reusing assets for them. Funky can already use DK's model, as well as many animations. He only needs some unique specials for people to not complain, so why go through the effort of giving him an entirely unique kit, when you can just throw the surfboard on like 4 attacks and call it a day?
Sakurai isn't one to cut corners ordinarily...

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Rool's chances are actually better than they were last time, I feel. He's about as "relevant" as he was last time, however, it's been made clear that they know of his demand. We would not have gotten that costume otherwise. So we likely placed high in the Smash ballot, and it was stated that the ballot would be used for future games. We're in that future now. I'm a slight bit optimistic, and I have to say, if we get Rool this time, it's gonna be even sweeter because it'll have been from our own efforts. If he gets in, it's because we pushed for him as hard as we did. So, let that sit. Keep your heads up a bit. Speculation has only begun, let's not give up hope already.

Luigi player

Smash Master

Well, the original Funky looked exactly like DK except with sunglasses, lol.

But I didn't say that because I think he couldn't have his own moveset.. he definitely could. I just assumed the developers being lazy about the DK franchise, that's why I was thinking we could get something like that.

But we'll see, I just became a bit pessimistic about newcomers of existing franchises after hearing people wanting so many different new characters from new ones. And DK only has a remake of a game planned with an added Funky, so Idk if they think DK deserves another rep, but it's possible and they probably did see some DK characters high up in the ballot so hopefully we'll get a new one.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Realistically speaking, K. Rool had to at least be in the Top 10 characters in the Ballot. I would argue like Top 5 or even Top 3 as well.

Sakurai has to take notice of the character's popularity.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Realistically speaking, K. Rool had to at least be in the Top 10 characters in the Ballot. I would argue like Top 5 or even Top 3 as well.

Sakurai has to take notice of the character's popularity.
I’m sure that took a lot of people at Nintendo by surprise. Thinking back, it was kind of a bone they threw to us with that Mii costume. K. Rool hasn’t been in any games in ages, so they probably saw all his support and were surprised. I bet they had the DLC characters planned early, so the ballot was more for later games. They didn’t plan for K. Rool, so they wanted to give him something at least. I think that bodes really well.

I would like to see who were the most popular, because we’re all really good at guessing that our favorites did incredibly well.

Then again, we technically still don’t have conformation that this is anything more than an MK8 deluxe style port-with-all-DLC, so I’m still tempering my excitement.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
This is going to be a fun speculation time...

I mean, the hype has already been real during the lead up to Smash 4, but now they actually know which characters the fans worldwide want, thanks to the ballot.

This is going to be fun and maybe even...the finest hour

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I’m sure that took a lot of people at Nintendo by surprise. Thinking back, it was kind of a bone they threw to us with that Mii costume. K. Rool hasn’t been in any games in ages, so they probably saw all his support and were surprised. I bet they had the DLC characters planned early, so the ballot was more for later games. They didn’t plan for K. Rool, so they wanted to give him something at least. I think that bodes really well.

I would like to see who were the most popular, because we’re all really good at guessing that our favorites did incredibly well.

Then again, we technically still don’t have conformation that this is anything more than an MK8 deluxe style port-with-all-DLC, so I’m still tempering my excitement.
Yes true. I figured the Mii Costumes were "consolation prizes" of sorts for characters who despite being very popular didn't make DLC or the main roster for Smash 4. I figured Chrom was made a Mii Costume as a consolation for Robin getting in over him and Inklings having their Mii Costume since it was too early for them to be playable characters. K. Rool I think was given a Mii Costume because the team knew that he wasn't going to be in so it was the best they could do.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hoping King K. Rool's announced as one of the new characters come E3 it's a long shot but his gnarliness time is coming hopefully.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I just hope k Rool has the fastest heavyweight run speed

Heck, give his run a hitbox, why not?

D

Deleted member

I still think his best shot has yet to happen. Even if he doesn't get in this time, there's a good chance he'll show up in the next main DK game and if he does, that will help with consideration. Diddy Kong got in because of fan demand and the same could happen with K. Rool. At the very least, that's how I see any DK character getting in.

So the best we can do is to keep supporting him for Smash and for DK. Our work can still pay off.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
So this is where you guys went! Should've known something was up when a new Smash Bros game got announced and the DK Island Social was silent. Good to see that most are still here!

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Definitely giving K. Rool support. Ome of the most requested newcomers, a DK rep which we need more of, and another villain.

Smady

Smash Master
K. Rool is popping up everywhere guys, I saw him on a random GameSpot list of most wanted newcomers. I rolled my eyes and scrolled through (multiple pages for max ads/clickbait of course) but was shocked to see somewhere as mainstream as that, they did feature K. Rool as.... #5! The write-up even talked about the lack of heavyweights in Smash 4. I'm sure someone else here saw it. Goes to show how well known K. Rool is, I feel as if he's the most popular character who isn't just popular by proxy of a new game.

This definitely is looking way better than his chances for Smash 4. In the end I think Sakurai was blindsided by K. Rool's popularity and gave us the Mii costume as a form of penance. He's now well aware of the kremling king, likely due to the ballot. I'd bet K. Rool was at nearly the very top if he made Sakurai turn his Eye of Sauron and pay attention to such an un-anime, un-cool character!

Here's hoping.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
King K. Rool's chances get better everyday this is good.
What makes it even better is that we don't have to wait nearly as long to find out if he's in or not; this game comes out this year! Much better than waiting a year and a half for base game, then another year for dlc... leading for a grand total of 2 and a half years of hoping for K Rool. I'd be surprised if he doesn't show up this time around, especially with that outstanding Ballot performance!

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
Haven't visited this forum in four years but I came back to see if the K. Rool thread was still active. Found out it was closed three years ago so I came here. I guarantee no one here remembers me. Sorry about that lol

Very happy support for the King is now at an all-time high! I definitely feel he's almost a lock at this point, what with the Smash Ballot theory, brand new Mii costume, etc.

EDIT: Smash Switch is almost here so K. Rool hype begins again!

FOR THE KREMLING KING!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Haven't visited this forum in four years but I came back to see if the K. Rool thread was still active. Found out it was closed three years ago so I came here. I guarantee no one here remembers me. Sorry about that lol

Very happy support for the King is now at an all-time high! I definitely feel he's almost a lock at this point, what with the Smash Ballot theory, brand new Mii costume, etc.
Yeah and that’s great Welcome back always good too see a fellow Kremling make a grand return. New Super Smash Bros. Has definitely filled all of us with hope for the King’s inclusion!

D

Deleted member

Guys, K. Rool is up for voting on GameFAQs. Please make sure if you can, to show your support. Even if you don't think he's likely, at least make a case for why he's a great inclusion and why his best shot has not come yet.
K. Rool is popping up everywhere guys, I saw him on a random GameSpot list of most wanted newcomers. I rolled my eyes and scrolled through (multiple pages for max ads/clickbait of course) but was shocked to see somewhere as mainstream as that, they did feature K. Rool as.... #5! The write-up even talked about the lack of heavyweights in Smash 4. I'm sure someone else here saw it. Goes to show how well known K. Rool is, I feel as if he's the most popular character who isn't just popular by proxy of a new game.

This definitely is looking way better than his chances for Smash 4. In the end I think Sakurai was blindsided by K. Rool's popularity and gave us the Mii costume as a form of penance. He's now well aware of the kremling king, likely due to the ballot. I'd bet K. Rool was at nearly the very top if he made Sakurai turn his Eye of Sauron and pay attention to such an un-anime, un-cool character!

Here's hoping.
Does the poll still exist? I'd like to see for myself who were above him. Depending on who they are and when their debuts were, this could be a good or bad sign for him. Four characters are above him after all. If any one of them debuted before the Ballot, since this is a more mainstream poll, we need to figure out how to keep this from being used against us and argue instead, how his fan demand is only bound to go up.

Smady

Smash Master
@Fuzzy Pickles! Good stuff linking the FAQs poll.

The GameSpot article was not a poll, it was a bunch of random newcomers by GameSpot readers. It just says a lot in my opinion they'd choose K. Rool that early given he is not an obvious addition outside of the fanbase. Hell, he is basically the fanbase's choice.

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
Quickly: The GameFAQs series is not a poll but a collection of ratings from 0.01% to 99.99%. All you need is an explanation for your score!

Last chance for voting btw

Last edited:
Top Bottom