• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Zeox

Smash Champion
I wish, I wish so much, I been wishing for so long.
I want more classic nintendo villains, and King K. Rool is perfect for that! Nintendo, give the fat king crocodile a chance!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
GO K. ROOL ! He is still my # 1 choice. I hope he returns with his original design. Loved that the Mii costume used it! Speaking of which, I still think that the Mii costume is a badge of honor for this community. After years of nothing, K. Rool claws back out of nowhere. Let's hope this Switch game goes further.

ZRoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4868-5857
I been wishing for King K. Rool since the Brawl days, and now with another Smash game on the horizon I'm here again drawing support for the one true King of Krocs. Let's gooooooo!

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
I loved Smash 4's roster but one thing it could've used more of is villains. I've never played DKC but K. Rool looks fun so I'm gonna support him.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I loved Smash 4's roster but one thing it could've used more of is villains. I've never played DKC but K. Rool looks fun so I'm gonna support him.

Welcome to the kutthroats! We're glad to have you as a member here.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Hey, I know "One Of Us" is a classic and all, but can we avoid spamming it too much? We don't want to get mods upset over it, and with how frequently it is, it's only a matter of time until someone gets warned for it.

:094:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
:mad: I am very upset about this CGI animated musical number! Grrr!

I can't speak for all mods, obviously, but at this point, it's a running gag for this thread, so as long as it's being used to welcome new supporters and not spammed repeatedly, I have no problem with it.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
https://twitter.com/FiveSmash
This account is tweeting out characters and asking for retweets from people who want them to be in. For some reason K. Rool hasn't featured yet so message them with a pic of K. Rool and ask for them to include him and when he does post it remember to retweet for support.
What a great way to do nothing and get people to make you more popular.

I dont have any idea why retweeting him would be more helpful than original tweets from more people.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Remember who was referenced in new donk city? It wasn't any tikis!
Very true, and surprising, admittedly. Even if it was just a name on a sign, it's progress considering the fact that it's the very first time that the main-series Mario games have referenced K. Rool.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
One thing that gives me some fleeting hope for our king is the fact that, unlike Smash 4, there aren’t as many new franchises that are big enough to warrant a spot. Splatoon? Already in there, got it covered. ARMS? Will probably get a rep (Spring Man). Nothing else made by Nintendo has reached the same amount of hype and publicity since Smash 4, which I would assume leaves more room for popularly requested characters.

And we’ve got popularity in spades, just check the ballot. :)

...That said, I’m not getting myself too hype for the Kroc, because we’ve still got quite a pile of potential pitfalls in our path.

SuperPhil64

Smash Rookie
Hail to the King! I've been wanting to see K.Rool in smash since the Brawl days, hopefully this is his time to shine.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Welp, here we go again, eh? Gonna support K. Rool as always. I'm not expecting anything this time, but thanks to the ballot, I'm a little more optimistic than I was for the last game.

Nothing much to say beyond that. Here's hoping.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I guess I should officially throw my krown back into the ring for King K. Rool. Not that it wasn't there, but it's been a few years and I forgot to do so in my last post xD

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
This guy has been my top pick for years, and that ain't gonna stop anytime soon.

It's good to be back, boys !

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Nice to see this back. Throwing my support for him too. Considering that newcomers are probably going to be based on ballot results, he still has a good shot.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
What's up, everybody! Good to see all of you kutthroats again. I anticipate this thread to be as fun as it was last time.

Let's get more than just a Mii costume this time. At the very least, a street sign shows he's relevant enough to get a reference despite all these years.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I suspect Dixie will be one of the next characters revealed, and that K Rool will be revealed at E3 alongside three other characters.

Dixie soon so that that K Rool is more of a surprise when it happens, which is the goal for E3.

Sure it is also what I *want* to happen, but in this case I think it is justified.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I suspect Dixie will be one of the next characters revealed, and that K Rool will be revealed at E3 alongside three other characters.

Dixie soon so that that K Rool is more of a surprise when it happens, which is the goal for E3.

Sure it is also what I *want* to happen, but in this case I think it is justified.
Let's hope you're right.

geoluminescent

Smash Cadet
K. Rool is definitely my most-wanted DK character; watching my older siblings and my mom play DKC 1 and 2 was one my favorite things when I was a kid. He's got plenty of moveset potential, and we can always use more heavyweights and villains. Given how frequently requested he is, and the Mii costumes he got in 4, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he made it in, but given how long it's been since he last appeared, I wouldn't be too surprised if Dixie got in instead. Of course, I'm rooting for both of them. In any case, consider me a supporter.

Strong DK

Smash Apprentice
Long live the King! Long time K.Rool fan here wanting to finally see him in Smash. And of course in next DKC game!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I have a question for all of you guys here, and it is...

How would you feel if K. Rool was revealed to be playable in this game, BUT he was a clone of Donkey Kong or Bowser (without the fire breath of course)?

Morbi

Scavenger

How would you feel if K. Rool was revealed to be playable in this game, BUT he was a clone of Donkey Kong or Bowser (without the fire breath of course)?
To be completely honest, I would not expect much more. He has so such potential, but I doubt they would care enough to tap into it.

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013

Disappointed because K. Rool has so much potential to be unique and...being a clone of DK or Bowser makes very little sense to me as it is. Like, I even have a hard time imagining Sakurai doing or contemplating such a thing.

geoluminescent

Smash Cadet

I don't think that would happen. I don't feel like a Bowser or DK moveset would map very well onto K. Rool. Maybe some superficially similar attacks just 'cause they're all big animalistic characters, but nothing beyond that.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's hard to believe that i've had the idea in my head of K.Rool being playable for like 15 years now. Ever since I played Melee as a kid I always imagined what it would be like to play as K. Rool in the game.

I don't even think that's possible.

D

Deleted member

Disappointed but just happy he’s in. He has so much potential but least we’d get it!

Top Bottom