• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Just dropping by to say here's hoping things go our way this time. I personally won't be getting involved this time, but best of luck to all of us.

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Y'all ever thought of. . .y'know

Not having your group's name not be an acronym for the KKK?

Maybe?

I mean, good luck yo you and all, but now is the time to make any changes while speculation is still ramping up before things get too stuck.
:061:
Given that we are not a hateful community, and that there is literally no other reason to make such an assumption, I would hope that people decide to give us the benefit of the doubt before jumping to conclusions. Regardless, this is a great thread with a killer atmosphere, and we've never had problems with the name in the 2+ years I've followed it, so I doubt that an issue of such matters will arise. Thank you for your concern, though :)

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So looks like you guys have been given a second chance for your King. Here's hoping you guys get your wish granted this time, even if I'm not supporting K. Rool like I used to.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Well here we go again. Haven't been here in quite some time but I'll be hopping on every now and again to support K. Rool now that we have a new game coming out. I still think he's unlikely but there have been worse times for K. Rool and I feel like there is something this time that just might make him more likely than before.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
2018 release? Am gonna be honest here, that doesn't bode too well for King K.Rool. If there's a new appearance of him he might become DLC down the line.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Just when I think that I'm out, they pulled me right back ****ing in

Also hi, guys. Long time no see. lol

Like if we don't even get Dixie, I'm gonna be irked.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm super pumped for the number one guaranteed Celic and...

wait, what thread is this?:smirk:

I think my number one hope for Smash Switch, above everything else...is to be able to fight King K Rool in a battle with Isaac.

I suppose not everyone feels this way, but I've always felt King K Rool and Isaac had a connection. So I'd really love to see them get into Smash together.
Ditto.
And not the Pokemon.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
While I do wish for K. Rool to finally get the playable treatment, the lack of an actual Wii U appearance is troubling.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Let's just say if I wanted any new villain character it would be K. Rool. Eat your heart out, Ridley!

Anyways, let's hope for the best!

D

Deleted member

I'm kautiosly optimistik about K. Rool's chances, but I'm very hopeful.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Long time no see, my fellow Kutthroats. Here's hoping our efforts from back then finally pay off, specially regarding the ballot. All is said and done, now anything is possible. Only staying strong remains!

May we see the king claim his rightful place, both in Smash and in the Donkey Kong franchise.

actually the abbreviation is KRKK not KKK.....this ruffles my jammies! jk dont care, to busy hyping smash.

also welcome back guys n gals, its been awhile.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Assuming the reasoning behind the K. Rool Mii costume was similar to that of Geno, there is a chance however small that this will finally be the time for his inclusion.
What led you to decide to make a Geno costume after all this time?

Sakurai: To tell the truth, it’s because I wanted Geno to be a playable character. He has a gun for a hand, and I think he fits in really well with Smash. During Brawl, I thought it would be great if I could add him, but in the end it didn’t become a reality.

Because of that, you added him as a Mii Costume this time?

Sakurai: That’s right. He’s very popular. When talking about older characters, Geno always gets a lot of requests. He didn’t appear as a fighter, but I was able to achieve something kind of close to that as a Mii Costume.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
New or Updated Smash?!

Let's bring in the Kroc!

Sm4sh was a bit of a disappointment, and a lot of it had to do with the absence of certain characters. I really started to support K.Rool with the thread from the Sm4sh speculation, and I'm all-in for the next edition!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
User was warned for this post
EDIT: (tweet where SWF user demanded this thread "stop ******* naming yourselves the KKK" - my apologies to the mods for the inadvertent censor dodge)

I want to make perfectly clear that K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats, a character support group, has ZERO affiliation with the Ku Klux Klan, a detestable American hate group.

I never thought this was a clarification I would have to make, given the obvious reference to the "Kremling Kutthroats" enemy class in DKC2 and the group's acronym being "KRKK," not "KKK."

But I guess there's a first time for everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
I'm throwing my hat into the ring once again to root for the Kremling King. Going on a theory that this game could have been in development since/before the Switch's conception, it could very well be possible that Sakurai gathered up all the runner-ups from the ballot and saved them for this game.

I am ready for the king's return.

Laniv

Smash Champion

Maybe?

I mean, good luck yo you and all, but now is the time to make any changes while speculation is still ramping up before things get too stuck.
mmmmmm yeah, this name's looking pretty bad

how about changing it to K. Rool's Pirate Crew?

D

Deleted member

mmmmmm yeah, this name's looking pretty bad

how about changing it to K. Rool's Pirate Crew?
Please read BKupa666's post in response to Zeb's complaint. The acronym is "KRKK", not "KKK". We are not changing a name that has worked for the group for over five years nor should we.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Jeez I always thought K. Rool would make it into smash since Melee and It has always been disappointing to see him not make it in. At least this time the developers now know that he is one of the most requested characters thanks to the smash ballot, so that's a plus this time around.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Can we stop comparing Geno and K. Rool? They both got costumes.
One is the arch nemesis of one of Nintendo's top five most recognizable characters.
The other was in a single game created by another studio in 1990.

Welshy91

Smash Ace

Maybe?

This KKK stuff is (for lack of a better term) dumb. We get it. You're the most woke, special, sensitive, virtuous poster here. We all appreciate your hard work upholding the downtrodden and the oppressed peoples here on this smash brothers discussion forum. Maybe you should take this issue to Tumblr where this farcical attempt to stir racial-driven drama will be met with uproarious applause and massive mashing of the like button or thumbs up or whatever social currency fuels your high horse.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Can we all just take the KKK /KRKK conversation to DM? Or not this thread? The Kutthroats have a great reputation of being a welcoming place to all, with a positive vibe in the consistency of the thread. Shall we keep up the good work?

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
OK, no, we're not taking this conversation to this level. Disagreeing with what Zeb said is one thing, but reacting like that is ridiculous. We don't need to go "XD SJW get outta here and head to Tumblr", especially over something like this. Stop now.

:094:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Anyway, getting back on track, anyone have any fun new K Rool fan art?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Can we stop comparing Geno and K. Rool? They both got costumes.
One is the arch nemesis of one of Nintendo's top five most recognizable characters.
The other was in a single game created by another studio in 1990.
People still compare the two?

This is new.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Last time, I was initiated into the Kutthroats. I threw in support for my #2 dream character during the 3DS/Wii U days...

Now I'm in the arena once more with the King and I'm ready for round two!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Given that we are not a hateful community, and that there is literally no other reason to make such an assumption, I would hope that people decide to give us the benefit of the doubt before jumping to conclusions. Regardless, this is a great thread with a killer atmosphere, and we've never had problems with the name in the 2+ years I've followed it, so I doubt that an issue of such matters will arise. Thank you for your concern, though :)
Yeah you guys sure aren't a hateful community, you oh so welcomed Bayonetta and Corrin and TOTALLY didn't go absolute ape ****

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Please read BKupa666's post in response to Zeb's complaint. The acronym is "KRKK", not "KKK". We are not changing a name that has worked for the group for over five years nor should we.
If people can read your group's name as KKK then it's pretty logical to change it so that people don't read it as such no?
Or is that too logical?

This KKK stuff is (for lack of a better term) dumb. We get it. You're the most woke, special, sensitive, virtuous poster here. We all appreciate your hard work upholding the downtrodden and the oppressed peoples here on this smash brothers discussion forum. Maybe you should take this issue to Tumblr where this farcical attempt to stir racial-driven drama will be met with uproarious applause and massive mashing of the like button or thumbs up or whatever social currency fuels your high horse.
Man KKK really does seem fitting reading this post though.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Last time, I was initiated into the Kutthroats. I threw in support for my #2 dream character during the 3DS/Wii U days...

Now I'm in the arena once more with the King and I'm ready for round two!

Yes, it is amazing how we welcome each other here and have our own song.

What were you saying about K Rool shaped Cookies? Or the constellation? Or literally anything related to the character.

D

Deleted member

Back and better then ever. Always ready to support the Kremling King. Honestly this time around I wouldn't be so down if he dosen't get in. I'm happy about the roster regardless Sma4sh thought me that. But I'll always support him so I stand with the king.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
As much as I'd love me a K.Rool, this will never ever happen. At least not until Fire Emblem has run out of includable characters...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
At least DK is unlikely to receive cut characters.

As much as I'd love me a K.Rool, this will never ever happen. At least not until Fire Emblem has run out of includable characters...
I'm really looking forward to the series finally having enough characters to justify some severe cuts.
I'm look at you Roy and Lucina!

And of course another cut Pokemon is usual. I will not live in a world with more FE than Pokemon. Even at the same count it is outlandish to me.

Happy with Marth, Ike, Robin, and Corrin. Let's call it a day.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh jeez. Here we are again, komrades.

Do I have it in me? Was my heart not broken enough by Sakurai? Am I masochistic enough to hope again? Was an (admittedly-great) Mii costume a sign of acknowledgment?

Let’s hope we find out in round 3! Ding ding!

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Assuming the reasoning behind the K. Rool Mii costume was similar to that of Geno, there is a chance however small that this will finally be the time for his inclusion.

Exactly this. This mii costume was some fine acknowledgment of K Rool's popularity if I'd ever seen it. We are being set up for huge Kremling return in the world of Donkey Kong and watch K Rool being playable be a big part of it.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I will get myself up to speed by reading through the recent posts soon!
Just wanted to say hi, and saying that I'm back for round 3 of "K. Rool for Smash".

He was the first character that I really wanted as a playable ever since the news about Brawl, and being way addicted to Melee, hehe. Hopefully it is as they say, third time is the charm.

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Yeah you guys sure aren't a hateful community, you oh so welcomed Bayonetta and Corrin and TOTALLY didn't go absolute ape ****
I don't wish to perpetuate this debacle any longer, but I feel that one last thing needs to be said: there is a real difference between the improperly-expressed disappointment and resentment felt at one point by our community and the real-world bigotry which the poster I responded to had expressed. Furthermore, even as joke it is in poor taste to compare the two.

Shifting back to an appropriate topic of conversation, I'm cautiously optimistic regarding K.Rool's chances this time around, as the odds seem to tilting into our favor. Nevertheless, I am also trying to avoid setting myself up for disappointment, so my position at this point is more of a casual observer of the information presented to us. Hopefully, though, the ballot did what we needed it to and proved the King's persistent popularity and support to Smash's developers.

Top Bottom