• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
we are not giving up on this thread, we just went to discord to talk in an easier manner, once new smash news comes around we will be coming back......well most of us......a few people got turned off of smashboards from the hate awhile back and i dont blame them.

but we do not see ourselves as above or seperate from this thread, we are both one and the same.
That's really good to know - you had me worried for a minute, there. :4dedede:

And, yeah, I really don't blame the people who might not want to come back. But it's good to know that a lot of people will return eventually.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The moment there's an E3 announcement, these boards are going to explode.
Or before E3. :p

After all, many companies have been distancing themselves from E3 in recent years in order to be more in-control of their own information, and Nintendo was the one who led that charge, beginning more than a decade ago.

D

Deleted member

I know most of you are more aktive on Diskord (I joined the server myself), but I'm on my laptop that doesn't have Diskord installed on it so I'll just ask this here:
What would you think if K. Rool used a miniature version of Kleever for an attack or two?
I know swords are pretty kontroversial within the kommunity, but konsidering it's only for a few moves it wouldn't exaktly make him "yet another swordfighter".

\(°|°)/

Last edited by a moderator:
I know most of you are more aktive on Diskord (I joined the server myself), but I'm on my laptop that doesn't have Diskord installed on it so I'll just ask this here:
What would you think if K. Rool used a miniature version of Kleever for an attack or two?
I know swords are pretty kontroversial within the kommunity, but konsidering it's only for a few moves it wouldn't exaktly make him "yet another swordfighter".
i dont see why not, if there are some spots in the moveset that need to be filled than i say go ahead, as long as they get all of his most memorable moves in first.

D

Deleted member

Another question I have, do you think K. Rool's viktory theme should be this part (ends at 0:40) of his theme in DKC2? (I haven't even got there yet, I just happened to stumble upon this theme. I love it and it makes me want him even more)

\(°|°)/

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
I'm personally more of an advocate of K. Rool using the blunderbluss for some of his normal moves though that's just me being a huge fan of the idea given the versatility it can offer like using the hilt for a f-tilt, shooting a point blank range explosion for a bair that has an extremely similar animation to Shulk's bair, and its' vacuum like function to suck them up for a grab. :love:

Another question I have, do you think K. Rool's viktory theme should be this part (ends at 0:40) of his theme in DKC2? (I haven't even got there yet, I just happened to stumble upon this theme. I love it and it makes me want him even more)
Ooh! YES!!!! That'd be awesome. Either that or part of Gangplank Galleon. At the very least, can it NOT be the same victory fanfare that both Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong have? Nothing wrong with it, but he warrants his own victory fanfare like Bowser.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

\(°|°)/
Awesome idea! In all actuality, he could use them in a sinisimilar fashion as Kutlass does in DKC2. Strong KO power and range, huge lag afterwards allowing to easy punishment. It would also be cool to have Kaptain K.Rool use Kleever as his actual sword in a new game.. or eventual new game down the line of his Return, cause obviously the more iconic and classic KING K.Rool would Return first.

EdwardSponge

Smash Apprentice

\(°|°)/
I would personally prefer his victory theme be https://youtu.be/fJ8Xy4orYDE?t=109 But I would love either really.

On a slightly unrelated note, I think K Rool's down taunt should be pretending to be defeated, but then getting back up. And his up taunt be waving to the audience 'YEAHHH, THANK YOUU' like he does during the boxing match.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
And so it begins again - you never know, we potentially made enough noise during the ballot that the King makes an appearance. Inklings got in after their costume, after all.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Or before E3. :p

After all, many companies have been distancing themselves from E3 in recent years in order to be more in-control of their own information, and Nintendo was the one who led that charge, beginning more than a decade ago.
Just gonna quote myself, here. ;)

Here's hoping that this is a good one.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yo guys, remember me? I take it you heard the news of Smash coming in 2018 for the Switch? Let us hope our king makes it in this time.

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice
Wow I had no idea this thread existed! I've been occasionally checking the DK Social Group all this time.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Im calling e3 will be K rools finest hour. Just a gut hunch. I feel that this smash game will have villains be a focus similar to how females were a focus in smash 4.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
welp. new smash game on the way
but, i don't see krool being in it, despite how much i'd love to

Last edited:

Qwaser

The scent of death
NNID
Cheese200200
Oh yes.
I was waiting for these King K Rool posts to show up again. Can't wait for the madness to begin once more.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
ALLLL ABOARD!

We’ll make it this time, and no Mii costumes are gonna stand in our way.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
9 months isn't enough time for a true Smash speculation period. Enough to gestate a human, but not enough to obsess over K. Rool in a way he truly deserves.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Who here truly believes krool will make smash switch? For as much effort we put in to get him on wii u i'm very hesitant.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Hello King K Rool supporters.

In the new Rate Their Chances thread, K Rool is the first character to be discussed. Please come down and discuss the Kremling King.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Who here truly believes krool will make smash switch? For as much effort we put in to get him on wii u i'm very hesitant.
I am pretty confident and faithful he will get in, not 100% sure, but still, I believe he has a chance.

Last edited:
Y'all ever thought of. . .y'know

Not having your group's name not be an acronym for the KKK?

Maybe?

I mean, good luck yo you and all, but now is the time to make any changes while speculation is still ramping up before things get too stuck.
:061:

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Please Nintendo!!!! Please finally add King K. Rool to Smash. We've been waiting for FAR too long. If he's denied a roster spot yet again, I legit don't know how I'd react.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
So did you guys buy the King K. Rool Mii costume? I did.
I'm wondering if Sakurai is taking into account the highest selling costumes since it's proof that the character sells. If he has good numbers in sales and in the ballot, he might have a good chance!

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
I'm feeling great about our SNES Era darlings this time around. With the power of the ballot and the Mii costume and the DK series being alive and well, our beautiful reptilian monarch will ascend the ranks and take his rightful spot on the throne of Smash. Best of luck Kutthroats!

D

Deleted member

Y'all ever thought of. . .y'know

Not having your group's name not be an acronym for the KKK?

Maybe?

I mean, good luck yo you and all, but now is the time to make any changes while speculation is still ramping up before things get too stuck.
:061:
This is literally the first time anyone has brought that up and the thread has been ongoing for five years, even has a Discord group with twenty-five members. I don't think we need to change the name when it's already worked out so well for is (in no small part due to BKupa666's great leadership).

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This will be just like the good old times, huh, guys?

Indeed, I missed that bloody theme since the day I become one of you.

Let's hope that the King just may fare better this time in Smash.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think my number one hope for Smash Switch, above everything else...is to be able to fight King K Rool in a battle with Isaac.

I suppose not everyone feels this way, but I've always felt King K Rool and Isaac had a connection. So I'd really love to see them get into Smash together.

Top Bottom